• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join ~My Class 1A - The Next Generation (MHA Rp)~

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
“Ooh, look,” Dakarai said, grinning. “The manly men have returned from their manly man talk about manliness.” She ordered the unagi don (OOC: for those who don’t know, it’s teriyaki eel on rice, quite tasty) BIC: and nodded in agreement with Caleb’s proclamation about enjoying a good meal. She nodded again at his prayer, murmuring an “Amen” of her own, before breaking the chopsticks apart and digging in. “Oh, mm, this is delicious.” Casting a teasing sideways glance at Kureiji, she asked, “So what was your manly man talk all about? That is, of course, if you don’t mind spilling the beans to a not-manly non-man.”

Kureiji listened to Caleb with an understanding nod. He hit what he meant, Sam was pretty nice, she didn't get offput by his usual tricks involving bugs and animals, at least, not not to his knowledge. He responded to Caleb with a grin. "My guy, she's totally into you. If I were you, I'd ask her out as soon as possible, but that's just me. You two in my eyes have good chemistry!" He said, before nodding and following him inside.

In there, he ordered his favorite drink, root beer, and also got a platter of Spider Roll Sushi, because he loved the taste of Crab Leg. When Caleb said his long winded prayer, he too muttered an "Amen," before digging into his sushi with gusto. He then heard what Dakarai had asked him. "It's nothing about you, but I really can't tell you at this very moment... So sorry... If you want I'll tell you later, it would just have to be... Different circumstances... And there's also Caleb, he needs to give me the O.K. to tell you. So sorry..." He said, mumbling a bit on some of the parts of the sentence.

He never considered Caleb the type of guy, but he was actually anticipating Caleb asking him about Dakarai. Truth was, Dakarai was nice, and funny, and by al means cute, but she didn't seem to... Get romance. He didn't either, but he knew he was better than her at it just because of how she acted. If she were to get into it, well, shit. She could find a better guy than him, that's for sure. He wouldn't ask her out, because she deserves better than the shitty animal guy. All girls did. Just a fact of life according to Kureiji's more insecure side...

Sam smiled at the running joke as Dakarai commented on the reappearance of the two males of the group. Sam smiled graciously when Caleb took the seat next to her, tilting her head with curiosity- she obviously wanted to ask what the private conversation was about, but she assumed she was left out for a reason. She ordered sukiyaki, a type of beef soup, and waited patiently for the food to arrive. She giggled along with the small talk, but was honestly too focused on eating to talk much. When the food arrived, the girl gave a thank you and almost began to eat, but paused when Caleb began to pray. She knew he was religious, with it being a big part of his life growing up, and a major role in his philosophy of how to live life- and while she wasn't raised to be religious, she respected the boy's devotion. Sam just bowed her head politely until Caleb said 'amen', it was repeated by the other two of the table- although Sam wasn't sure if she should say the words. Not that she didn't believe in God or fate or anything like that, she just never gave it much thought and didn't belong to any traditional beliefs. Things just sort of happened, and she was alright with that. When Caleb gave the command, the group dug in. Bliss spread across Sam's features as she relished in the savory flavor of her dish, looking up when Dakarai asked about the boy's talk. Kureiji said that he's only spill the beans under different circumstances, and with permission from Caleb. It must've been Caleb's secret, then. What could the boy be hiding? What's more, he was hiding it from Sam. Sam wasn't sure what she felt, but it was most likely jealousy. Caleb told Kurieji his secret but not her, and here she was thinking that they were tight knit. The girl furrowed her brows in thought before sighing, "This feels like the gossip that goes around at recess in primary school." Sam giggled as she dismissed the subject. "Thank you all for coming today. It was really a lot of fun." the girl said rather spontaneously with a slight bow and a wide smile.

As Caleb approached the table, his mind was wracked with frantic thought. "She likes me? What do I do now? Ask her out, really?! It's okay, I still have time. I'll... I'll ask Mom tonight." He sighed in exasperation at Kureiji revealing that they had been discussing his secret. He shot Kureiji an irritated look before softening and telling Sam "L-Look, it's nothing you should be worried about, it's not gossip, I uh... I'll tell you later if you really want..." He was blushing furiously, and stuttering badly. "Crap. Don't think I can get out of this now." He thought, chiding himself.

He recovered somewhat when Sam thanked the whole group. He smiled like an idiot and said "Thanks for inviting us. I think we all had fun and I'm thankful for your friendship. He realized a happy tear was creeping down his right cheek, and wiped it away as he sat back, still smiling happily.

@Cryronn the Mudkip @Night's Shadow @Barefoot_Kittens

"I mean, it's really not important, I just wanted to know something is all, it's really just something personal to him, so I was told not to squeal. If he wants to tell you, he will, or he'll tell me to tell you." He said, enjoying his food. He also was pretty distracted by eating, being left to his own thoughts as he chowed down.

He paused after hearing what Sam and Caleb had said, and also smiled. "Yeah, this has been extremely, extremely fun, y'all are actually the best... Y'know, I only have one talent, and that's mediocrely playing the acoustic guitar at parties when nobody wants me to. It's a real god damn shame I didn't bring mine, because this is the closest thing to a party I've had in several years!" He said, grinning like crazy at everyone at the table.

He looked at Caleb, and gave him an assuring smile. He knew he was probably going through the most internal struggles, and his were actually important, while his own we're just Kureiji being a dumbass. All he knew was that those two definitely were crushing... Maybe he'd ask Sam directly? But they didn't hang out alone like, at all, this was one of the first times he'd been able to talk with her for longer periods of time, he'd usually only hung out loosely with Caleb and Dakarai.

"...
No, no no no no...." Kishi chanted, dropping to his knees in defeat.

"Nooooooooooooo!"

He hung his head in shame, staring at the ground in disbelief. His long, golden hair covered his face completely.

My wallet....It screams in agony! Oh, my cash! I was saving up for the Vital Vantasy 4.6 HD ReMix Final Chapter Epilouge! & Knuckles! But alas...I suppose not all dreams come true. Ah, this world is a cruel, dark place indeed.

He raised his head, looking back at the tree he had previously crashed into, before dramatically pointing at it, a cold look in his eyes.

"Mark my words, you green devil. You may have robbed me of my livelihood, my aspirations, my love, and my future, but hear this! No more shall you terrorize us! One day, a harbinger of destruction shall descend from the sky, bearing the name 'Herbicide'. And when that fated day comes, I shall be there."

He got up, slowly.

"And those shall be your final hours, demon."

He continued to look at the tree menacingly, before turning his attention to Drayda asking if he'd like to go to the Nurse's office. He took a look at himself for the first time since that demonic tree had attacked him. His uniform was a mess, and he had cuts and bruises all over.

A powerful demon indeed. Your time will come.

"Yes, please!" He shouted, running up to Drayda and Ianis.

He sighed.

"Rendez-vous with me outside our homeroom at the start of lunch. As agreed, both your lunches will be fully funded by me."

Goodbye, sweet Vital Vantasy. May we meet again, one day...

@DevVoid @Merciless Medic

TIME SKIP

Advanced Quirk Training Grounds, two weeks later:
Class 1-A stepped off the boat and onto the island that would be their home away from home away from home for several days. The island was formerly the caldera of a now extinct volcano, now grown over mostly by lush forests, with some dirt trails threaded through the forests like veins, connecting the docks through the only relatively flat route over the caldera rim. These trails are interrupted in places by large clearings strewn with boulders, the work of the UA to set up a somewhat more interesting training ground. Like some Japanese islands, raised area of the crater rim, the height and width of a small mountain in its own right, is laced with man-made tunnels dating back to the second World War.

Leaving the docks behind, the students hauled their baggage up a long but gentle winding slope to the top of the rim, before regrouping at a chateau-like building from which a small staff of three oversaw the island's security via hidden cameras. Pro Heroes Swift and Chrome Cranium were present, along with the hard-eyed Pro Heroine Mother-Lode who oversaw the intense training that would go down here. She was a tall, muscular woman, more handsome than pretty. She had very dark skin and almost obsidian eyes which spoke of ancestry to the harshest areas of Africa. Her hair was woven into a number of short braids. Her dark green army fatigues only added to a drill sergeant air about her.

"Alright kids. For the next several days you will take part in rigorous training of your quirks. The purpose of this training is to find your limits, and push you beyond them. Go beyond plus ultra, you know. This will be intense. You may think we're trying to break you, and in a way we are. I like to use the analogy of my time in the United States Army Rangers. Our instructors would try to break us down so they could build us up stronger than ever. That's exactly what I intend to do here." Her hard look softened from a pitiless tyrant's glare to that of a mother disciplining a rebellious child out of necessity. "But unlike in the Rangers, I'm going to tell you up front that I do not take any pleasure in the suffering you will endure. Everything I do here is to the purpose of building you into stronger heroes who can meet the challenges placed upon you." She looked at them with a hint of compassion for a while before a wry grin split her face. "Now then, it's time to move out to your camp grounds. Tents have been provided, and once you have dropped off your belongings, you will receive further instructions from Swift, Chrome Cranium, or myself. Move out!"

"Pardon me," Takumi interjected when Mother Lode was finished with her introductory speech, "But...well, my quirk isn't exactly something that can be trained." He looked to Mr. Xienfu, who nodded and continued.

"What my student means to say is that his quirk is man-made." Lao explained, "He created it himself by constructing and coding a computer chip and installing it into his brain. I recommend that for his training, he focuses solely on physical improvement, as he'll have to improve his quirk through unorthodox means."

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
"Good luck trying to break me", Hiro scoffed. Ever since he punched that hole in Dakarai, Swift was watching him like a hawk. Then in the middle of her speech, a thought hit him. His shock collar made sure he couldn't hit those limits and only his dad could disable it. "Hey Miss, I have a shock collar to make sure I don't hit those limits so this place is pointless for me", he called out to Mother-Lode. Swift shot him a a look to say 'Shut up before I make you'. Hiro just stood there waiting for the Mother-Lode's response. Hiro wasn't wrong, what was the point of going to a place designed to help you break your limits if he couldn't reach them without being put down or so he thought.

@Hogzilla

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Yuuki yawned loudly, she had fallen asleep on the boat and was rubbing her eyes to keep awake. She listened to the teachers and then thought about stuff that her father had done to train his quirk, he had done lots of training in dark places to make sure he didn't lose control, maybe she would work on something similar so that she could use the full body transformation more than once per day without losing control. She looked around at the group, she couldn't wait for this training everyone was going to get stronger and then they would all become better heroes because of it.

=Nightshade=

Dakarai nodded slowly. Well. This should be... fun... I get to slice myself in vital places and see what I can heal! Oh boy! Maybe it’d be a better option to research gorillas or kangaroos... yeah, that’d probably be better. Maybe I could get Kureiji to make me one so I can study its anatomy.

At Hiro’s bold comment, the girl rolled her eyes. All bark and no bite. Well, maybe a little bite. He’s spirited, I’ll give him that. Annoying, though. Maybe I’ll have him punch another hole through me to build up my pain tolerance... no-ot. I think I’ll pass on experiencing that again. Her mouth curled into a wry grin at the memory as she turned to look for Kureiji. With any luck, she’d be able to improve her control as well as perfect the body parts she already had in her arsenal, and with his help she should be able to add a few more.

Mother-Lode gave Hiro a serious look. She spoke firmly. "I'm well aware of your limitations, young Kirishima. Perhaps you should focus on improving your limits without needing to resort to rage." She pointed out the door and barked "Now move!"

Caleb hoisted his bag and began down the slope. He was leading the way, not deliberately, but because he happened to be walking the fastest. A shout from Swift got him to slow down, and he contented himself with standing near the middle of the pack. He knew what his training would entail: Pushing his limits, risking going too far to go further than he ever had. He'd done this to varying degrees before. But familiarity did not make him enjoy the prospect. If this was going to be as intense as it had been made to sound, he'd either have to be isolated or watched very carefully while he was training. Or maybe if he was fighting someone who could take him on in a brawl "Hiro..." He thought. "Maybe we could have the fight he doubtlessly wants." Caleb wouldn't say it yet, but a part of him wanted that fight too.

The dirt trail was rough, but going downhill is often quicker, and the students found themselves at their camp. Large, identical bundles of metal rods, tarps, and other materials were spaced out. These bundles were revealed to be tents, and the students were instructed to pick a tent mate and pitch their tents. After the tents were secured and belongings stored, the sun was setting, and the students were ordered to warm up and make ready to begin.

Kureiji lugged his bag up the hilly terrain, wiping his brow as he stepped over each Rocky Mound after each Rocky Decline. Mother-Lode... She was interesting, to say the least. He wondered how his power could be directly honed, he was pretty efficient at summoning already... He supposed that it would most likely be expanding the amount of animal and plant species he could summon, super move work, and probably increasing the amount of matter he could create with a certain amount of food energy...

He was brought out if his thinking daze, catching the eye of Dakarai. He slid over to her and walked alongside her for the rest of the journey to the tent area, making small comments about what he'd been previously thinking. Then, he'd heard tast they were picking tent partners. "Yo, wanna tent up together?" He asked, as he set down his bag next to the nearest tent to him, beginning to unload and stretch after all that, I mean, his back was killing him.

He thought to himself again- what can I do? It was a simple question, one that he knew was not a rare one to ask... But in his context, he didn't know what he could do to keep... Friends. Being the odd Animal kid, it was hard, especially if he drove people away with his practical/self-deprivating humor or his incessant swearing (he uses them as Sentence Enhancers, people). He flexed his hand, creating a small vine that grew a crystal-white flower on the end, seemingly by accident.

Tetsuma made his way across the rocky terrain with relative ease, which was a good sign, since that meant his training was paying off, although he was still having some trouble on the steeper inclines.

As he continued to walk, he wondered how exactly he could train his quirk. He’d always thought that just using it would improve it, but he’d come to the conclusion that wasn’t the case, since his skills in that area had barely improved since coming to U.A. He’d need to improve his capacity, and that probably meant pushing himself over the limit multiple times in order to adjust his body to the higher temperatures, but other than that all he could really come up with was trying to get better at using Heat Wave, his special move, so he wouldn’t overheat as soon as he used it.

When he finally reached the campsite with the rest of the class, and Mother-Lode had explained how the tents would be working, Tetsuma first looked to Dakarai as a tentmate, but Kureiji seemed to have already asked her, so that was two options down. He thought about Caleb for a second, but he was a big guy, and Tetsuma liked to have a lot of space while sleeping. Finally, Tetsuma decided he’d just go by himself, unless anyone came up to him. It was the best option for him, since he wasn’t very keen on bunking with anyone in the first place.

Ru, who had never been in a boat in his life, had, least to say, a less than merry trip to the training island. He felt dizzy the entire time, just barely keeping himself from throwing up to save himself from the humiliation. Thankfully, it wasn't an excruciatingly long trip, although it felt like forever for the poor boy. Upon arriving on land, Ru graciously took his bags and let out a sigh of relief, little did he know that the torture was far from over. Now, Ru was not out of shape. A couple of weeks ago, perhaps, Ru was out of shape. But after putting the slightest bit of extra effort into training and school, Ru was improving considerably quickly. His reflexes, speed, flexibility, and strength had improved drastically compared to the first day of school- and yet here he was, staring at the slope which he was instructed to climb, praying that some sort of accident would happen so he wouldn't have to make the treacherous hike. Unfortunately, no amount of training could sway Ru's laziness. After the grueling trip, which Ru gladly took the back of the group and dragged his feet the entire time, the boy was glad to be able to rest. But upon entering the building, Ru found himself unable to break thanks to the hard stare of an intimidating new face. It was just one thing after another... and they'd barely been on the island an hour. Ru sort of blinked, blank faced, through the woman's speech- which might have been encouraging if she wasn't yelling it at the group and frankly making Ru afraid to breath. Minoru huffed, knowing all too well that the next couple of days were going to be far from fun. Here he was thinking that the light exercise he had been doing each day after school was pushing his limits- this woman was nuts! He would surely die if he pushed too hard.
When Mother-Lode instructed the group to make their way back to the training camp, Ru's mouth dropped open slightly. After all that work to get up the slope, now they had to go back down? However, the boy didn't dare complain- especially after Takumi and Hiro inquired about actually serious concerns in their training. The trip down, fortunately, was quicker than the hike up- yet Ru was still breathing hard by the end of it. When commanded to pick a partner to tent with, Ru looked about with a blank face. His first choice would be Yuuki, who was both chill enough to not kill him in his sleep, but strong enough to protect him if someone else attempted to do so. However, there was a problem with that situation. Yuuki was a girl. She wasn't even straight, and yet Ru couldn't even imagine sleeping anywhere near her- especially not with his father's reputation. Ru only really had one other person he was close to- Miku. Miku was strong, sure, but Ru wasn't 100% sure if the other boy was mentally stable. Well, there's only one way to find out. Ru found the stretchy youngster and waved hello, "Wanna be tent buddies?" Ru asked with a smile, at least Miku would make the stay interesting.
@Tudor21G

Sam was as excitable as ever. From the moment that it was announced they would be traveling, the girl had talked about it frequently and prepared perfectly. The most common victim of Sam's rambling was Caleb, who had grown quite close to the girl after they officially began dating 2 weeks before. The girl was a big fan of traveling, which she only did on occasion due to her father's busy schedule. The boat ride was fairly peaceful, some seemed to enjoy it more than others- Sam did her best to enjoy the scenery, but she honestly couldn't contain her excitement when thinking about the training that would be going on during their stay at the island. Not only would they grow as a class, but she expected to take in as much as possible while under the intense training- and then she could go back home and show her father all that she had learned! When the boat docked, Sam was once of the first to reach the land, practically skipping despite the heavy bag on her back. The hike up the rim was the beginning of the whole experience, and Sam went in it with almost impressive liveliness. At first, Sam was easily distracted by the new sights and geography, but she soon fell into the groove- walking merrily beside Caleb and uttering a comment every now and then about the pretty flower or nice weather. And in no time at all, the group arrived. Upon entering the building, Sam gasped at what she saw. Not only were their two teachers present, but also Pro Heroine Mother-Lode, known for her strict coaching methods and tough attitude. The girl smiled widely at Mother-Lode's words, she couldn't wait to have to overcome all the challenges. Of course, Sam got tired just as everyone else- but the girl had sort of an off love for pushing past obstacles. And while the woman made the training sound less than appealing, Sam nodded enthusiastically, promising to give it her all. When she looked about the crowd, it seemed some faces were strewn with worry- but for the most part everyone was just as eager as she was to find out exactly what this training would entail.
When the group was instructed to head downhill, Sam lost Caleb at first. Her tail flicked and her brows furrowed as she looked about for the tall boy, eventually meeting up with him when he slowed to the middle of the group. He seemed... occupied. Sam looked up at the boy's face, before she turned away with a content smile. Whatever was on his mind didn't seem to bother Caleb much, so Sam figured she needn't pry. When they arrived at the site with the bundles of soon-to-be-tents, Sam raised her brows. Frankly, she had expected that they would be staying in rooms. She assumed it was all part of the experience. Having to choose partners, some people pretty immediately jumped at who they wanted to be paired with for sharing a tent. Sam's gaze wandered toward Kureiji, who asked Dakarai if they could share. Samara honestly was rooting for the pair, even though nothing had blossomed since the last time they went out as a large group, maybe something would spark eventually. At any rate, Sam found it a bit odd that they boy would ask Dakarai to sleep in the same tent, the action had sort of a stereotype to it. And if a boy and girl slept together, even when in two separate sleeping bags on opposites sides of the tent, one could only assume they ere in a relationship. Still, if Kureiji and Dakarai could do it, and they weren't even dating, Sam was sure she could do it as well! Of course, the girl didn't mind people thinking such thoughts about her and Caleb, if anything she was proud to be in the relationship- still it was a bit awkward to ask such a question. "Let's share a tent?" Sam asked with a reserved smile, eyes enlarging in a pleading gesture- she doubted that Caleb would reject her, but if he did she wasn't sure who she'd partner with seeing as Dakarai was taken.
@Hogzilla

Last edited:

=Nightshade=

“Sure,” Dakarai said in response. She slung her bag off her shoulder near the tent Kureiji had already claimed and began unpacking, rolling out her sleeping bag and all that. When she’d finished, she straightened up, noticing the flower that seemed to have instinctively sprouted from Kureiji’s palm. A soft clattering on the ground made Dakarai turn, and she saw the bird she’d whittled a couple weeks before had fallen out of her pocket. Hmm. Must’ve forgotten to take it out. She shrugged, grinning at the white blossom, picked up the wooden bird, and placed it on the flower.

“Poof,” Dakarai said, still grinning. “Now it can be pollinated. Some birds do that, right?” Nodding to herself, she affirmed her own statement. “Yeah. I think. Anyways, we should probably get going. Don’t want to be the last ones there, right?”

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
On the way down the hill, Acura kept wondering how he'd be able to train his Quirk. Rocks generally had low electrical conductivity, so those could be good for training his maximum electrical output, maybe even come up with a super move akin to his father's. A few other things he wanted to train were his water resistance, electromagnetism, and other possible uses for his Quirk other than shocking things. He recalled boosting his bodily functions during the Quirk Apprehension Test. Maybe I can work on that, moving faster and being stronger could certainly help. He thought as he arrived at the camp, and began to set up his tent. It appeared that students would have the choice to have a tent mate, though Acura wasn't sure if he wanted to pair up with someone. He didn't personally know many people in the class, just Ru and Yuuki so far. I mean, if someone wants to pair up with me I'll gladly accept, but I guess I'd better stay by myself, at least for now. He concluded, before setting down his bag near his tent and unloading his things, stuff like his characteristic katana and a small whetstone, items that he tended to have with him most of the time.

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
"Oh yeah, focus mainly on my anger, how we gonna do that? Take a break, count to ten or maybe if I'm lucky I might be able to pet a puppy", he mocked. Hiro was following his class, when someone decided to pull him back. Obviously annoyed he spat a fireball in that direction, Swift managed to avoid it narrowly and raised a hand telling Hiro to stop. "Hiro, as you probably know we've gotten a few complaints from the public about your behaviour in this class. Since I can't always watch you you're going to be staying with Class 1B, you will still be part of 1A but for this trip I don't feel like cleaning up Dakarai's blood off the place every time you think about her dad". Hiro was shocked, mostly at the fact that he had to now stay with an entire class he didn't know for seven days?! He reluctantly followed, scowling every two minutes. "Hiro this is Aika Kendo one of the nicer students in class 1B, you will be staying in her tent. Maybe she can help you control your anger", and with that he left Hiro staring awkwardly at her. He entered the tent trying his best to ignore her, before he spat a line of fire that scorched the floor. When the flames disappeared there was a clear black line on the floor. "Your half my half", he said before throwing his bag into one corner of the room.

@Tudor21G

Akagi sort of drifted around the group casually as they all settled and chose partners to share their tents with, despite the limited time the students had, Akagi had trouble focusing. How could he focus with so many unfamiliar faces around? This was the first time that the two separate classes were actually able to mix and interact with one another. And outside of the occasional rumor, Akagi hadn't taken the time to learn about the other class- but as they stood before him, he was very interested. The boy had sort of a lop sided smile, with brows raised in a comical expression, and yet their was no mistaking the challenging look in his eyes- he was scoping out the competition. The corner's of the boy's lips danced into a wry smirk when his gaze landed upon Dakarai and Kureiji, who very much resembled a couple of kids playing with toys in his eyes. Akagi rolled his eyes, before a firm voice caused him to look over his shoulder- it appeared that Swift was giving some poor kid an earful. Akagi's eyes narrowed with interest as he eaves dropped on the words of the teacher, he tipped his head to one side and smiled as he watched the apparently troublesome boy approach Kendo. Oh joy, it seemed like he was surrounded by all sorts of interesting characters. A quick yell from Mother-Lode snapped the boy's attention back to the task at hand, as much as he wanted to poke the new faces- he knew better than to cause trouble so early on. His attention was swiftly brought to a black haired boy who was unpacking his things, was that a katana? The boy seemed to be by himself, and what better way to get to know someone than sleep in the same tent as them? "Hey, buddy!" Akagi bounded towards Acura with a wide smile, "What's up with the sword? Eh, it's no biggie, everyone goes through their samurai phase eventually, yea? Unless it's some sort of cosplay- doesn't seem very appropriate to bring here, but..." Acura trailed off as he bent down to look at the katana. Popping back up, giving Acura no time to respond to his first set of questions, Akagi offered a hand, "The name's Akagi. Akagi Kodai, who are you? Let's tent up together!" Akagi grinned enthusiastically. Despite the onslaught of rather rude comments, Akagi gained a sort of charmingly friendly demeanor as he held out his hand and smiled.
@Manu456Alola

Caleb thought about Sam's suggestion for a second before nodding. He'd be happy to share a tent with her. He had briefly wondered if he would be in sin for living with a non-related girl outside of wedlock, but remembered this was temporary, they weren't "living" together for long.

"I'd be glad to." He smiled warmly to her. With both youths being energetic and industrious, the tent practically sprang up and the two were raring to go. The two began stretching, and Caleb turned to Sam, inquiring "So how do you plan to train?" He listened with genuine interest to her response, before speaking for himself "I want to increase my maximum power, so I'll have to push myself to my limit of control, then push the limit further." He hoped she didn't read the possibility of him losing control in the process. It was a risk but he didn't want to worry Sam. He'd spoken calmly and with a smile, so he hoped she wouldn't think too deeply on it.
@Barefoot_Kittens

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Acura was briefly shocked as someone approached him from behind. He didn't recognize the boy, was he from class 1-B? He had heard that both classes would be heading to the Advanced Quirk Training Grounds, but he thought they would be in separate areas. Whatever, I just get to meet more people and make some more friends. He thought, before being bombarded with questions and somewhat rude comments that he dismissed as jokes, probably his way of making friends or something. "I'm Acura Kaminari. You from class 1-B? Don't think I've seen you before. As for this katana..." He briefly paused, gesturing towards the weapon. "...it's my weapon of choice. I'm fairly good at using it in combat. Anyway, I'd be glad to tent up with you, got no problem with that. Don't mess around with the sword, though- thing's quite sharp and I'd be best if no one got hurt because of it." Acura replied as he shook Akagi’s hand, though he thought Akagi would probably know better than to mess with someone's belongings, especially if it was a sharp object.
@Barefoot_Kittens

Last edited:
Kureiji blinked as the carved bird was placed in his hand. It wasn't often, but for just a moment, her fingers had touched his very soft hands, which made him... Giddy? No, tha wasn't the word... He'd figure it out, but, hey. He had a friend to talk to. "Hehe, I think Birds pollinate, I know some Ecology, I think hummingbirds pollinate the most...." He said, pondering for a moment. He didn't really know much about that, other than the fact that it was part of rEpRODucTiON For Flowers and other plants, so he wasn't exactly an expert.

He plucked the flower from his skin, and wrapped the petals of it around the bird, placing it gently on his pillow as he began to unpack his bedding and putting it on his side of the tent. He smiled at it, he supposed he should just keep it, I mean, she gave it to him. If she was mad he would know, so he'd just leave it there for when he came back to go to bed. "Anyway, how would you go about training your quirk? I'm currently working on a way to constantly generate internal energy so I can create more animals with less food..." He stood, and pointed his hand at a nearby tree.

"Ive already done something similar, it had to do with forcing my body to generate this kind of Nutrient-Harvesting gut bacteria... But I dunno if I candy more than that, so energy efficiency must be my top priority-!" He built up pressure in his hand, and then released, sending a thin log of wood directly into the tree, piercing its bark due to the high force of movement. "Oh- uh- sorry, I didn't even give you a chance to talk, I'm sorry..." He mumbled, his face going beet red for a moment.

=Nightshade=

Dakarai grinned at her friend. “Not at all, you’re perfectly fine. It’s a nice change having people chattering around every corner; it’s not like that at home.” Her brow furrowed in concentration as her mind turned back to his earlier question. “Not sure actually, now you mention it. I mean, I’ve done self training for the healing aspect of my quirk where I just grow a claw and cut myself repeatedly to see how quickly I can regenerate... but that’s less than fun, to say the least. What I really need is more close-range firepower, like gorilla arms or kangaroo legs or something.” She glanced up at Kureiji.

“Maybe you could make a gorilla or something for me to check out the anatomy of?” Dakarai speculated. “I could always just read about it, but it might be faster if I had the actual animal there to study. Don’t know for sure though, not like there are a lot of exotic creatures around these parts.” She shrugged with a small grin. “Dunno, just an idea.”

Kishi had more or less dozed off throughout the entire boat ride, occasionally jumping up in fear whenever the boat so much as rocked slightly. He strangely enjoyed the challenging hike that folowed - it gave him the feeling of going on an adventure with his party members, a fantasy he could never let go of.

When Mother-Lode began briefing, Kishi couldn't help but notice how strong she looked. Like she could throw him halfway across the country with ease. With his mind still running wild with possibilities of him being thrown to the moon like a meteor , they were instructed to pitch their tents and find a tent buddy.

He looked around.

Looks like our tank and our monk have joined forces. Though they have been a bit too...friendly lately. Oh! and Swift has sent one of the dragons to the Shadow Realm. Quel dommage (what a shame). Our two summoners have also formed an alliance. The electric blademaster too - WAIT 1B ARE HERE?!

He took another look around to discover that there were waayyy more unfamiliar faces than usual.

I see...so fate has given me another chance to find the tent-mate of my dreams! I must act quick.

He then moved over to what seemed like the center of the area, before shooting a laser skyward that he intended as a beacon to grab his classmates' attention.

He stood up straight, and cleared his throat.

"Hello, comrades. Sorry to disturb you like this, but you see..." He began.

"I'm looking for the tent-mate of my dreams! A partner to aspire with, dream with, toil with, and fight with! A rival, a companion, a friend." He continued.

There was a slight, awkward pause as he though of what to say next.

"....Wouuuuld anybody be interested?"

Kureiji smiled at her. “All right, and I think it would also be good to tell you how I work at summoning them! Let’s do... a gorilla and a kangaroo, shall we?” He said, clearing out a spot for him to do the summoning with his boots. “You wouldn’t mind if I-“ he tossed his shirt into the tent so it didn’t rip upon summoning, revealing his MaN AbS.

“Now, great apes are pretty simple, actually. I have to mainly focus energy into my arms, chest, and upper back, to get the support structure I need. For you, only summoning the arms part, those areas are pretty much all you need to focus on...” he took a stance, clenching his fists at his sides. “Now... make sure to create a lot of muscle, but the more muscle you add, make sure to add more fat as a buffer zone between the muscle and skin... that will make the creature or creature parts most accurate to the actual animal-!” He pushed out his chest as in a flash of light, a silverback gorilla burst out onto the ground, beating its chest.”

He hadn’t eaten that big of a breakfast that day, and he worried summoning another large animal would leave him too weak to do anything for the rest of the day, so he stopped. “If you want, I’ll show you Kangaroo later today. We can find a field or something so we can both practice?” He asked, feeling happy that someone actually wanted to learn something from HIM for once...

Sam rolled her shoulders back in bliss as she stretched, after sitting on the boat ride and then hiking up the slope, the girl hadn't realized how tense her body was. When Caleb asked about Sam's training method, the girl looked up thoughtfully before returning he gaze to Caleb with a soft smile. "I definitely need to work on my reflexes and agility, I think I sort of plateaued recently so I'll push myself past my limits here!" Sam nodded to herself. "Hopefully I can become more dependent on my tail, as well, if I can expand it's reach, just a little more, I know it'll make a difference." Sam spoke softly, but a tenacious fire had built inside her eyes. These were not things that she simply wanted to accomplish, she was going to improve- she had to. Everyone would be working hard, and Sam promised to herself that she'd work hard too.
She sighed contently, shifting legs that she was stretching, before looking towards Caleb and asking about his plans. She nodded as the boy spoke, he was trying to increase his capacity for power. A seemingly reasonable expectation, but the problem was how Caleb's quirk worked. While some quirks exchanged power for energy or nutrients, Caleb's quirk exchanged power for composure. Which meant losing control could mean a lot more than fainting or getting a fever. Sam didn't have to worry about overusing her quick, which acted like an extra appendage, and she couldn't imagine the stress of having to restrain oneself out of fear of losing control. Caleb was usually cautious and self-controlled, but he was also tenacious and willing to do what he takes, so being pushed by someone like Hiro- a bad decision on his part could lead to a very dangerous situation. Sam's furrowed brows raised slightly before she scolded herself for thinking so negatively. She could trust Caleb, she knew she could. The girl smiled faintly, dark eyes locking onto Caleb's "Promise you'll stay safe?" the girl asked. As she stood up, Sam locked her fingers and stretched her arms one last time before placing a gentle hand on Caleb's forearm, "You can push past your limits without pushing past your breaking point." her smile widened into a more joyous expression.
@Hogzilla

"Kaminari. Charbolt's kid? Well I'm glad we'll have some comic relief on this trip." Akagi flashed a smile that didn't quite match the connotation of his words. When Acura eventually took his hand, Akagi nodded, "Wouldn't dream of it." he purred at Acura's comment about his katana. "I assume your quirk is electricity?" Akagi inquired with raised brows, "Well let's hope you don't short circuit, then." Akagi smiled to himself as he began stretching. When Kishi suddenly raised his voice, Akagi blinked at the dramatic invitation- "Jeeze." only moments after that Kureiji had summoned an entire gorilla from the ground, causing Akagi to raise his brows and nod with a chuckle. "Well you're class sure seems enthusiastic, I suppose it's only natural for the weak to want to show off." Akagi sighed, "I sure hope you guys aren't all bark and no bite, otherwise this would be unfortunately boring." the boy added with a wink. So far Acura seemed to be pretty calm and mature, but based off of the antics Akagi had so far witnessed- it wouldn't take long for the others in the class to spiral into chaos.
@Manu456Alola

=Nightshade=

Dakarai's amazement at Kureiji's summoned gorilla was apparent, as well as some embarrassment at his flippant willingness to just chuck his shirt somewhere else. She smothered a laugh as she approached the seemingly tame gorilla cautiously, running a hand over its furry shoulders, before looking up. "Yeah, that might be a good idea. Especially since when I'm trying to master a new part, it's... er..." She cast around wildly for the right word, but came up with only one: "Gross. Like, really gross, especially the first time." She rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly. Somehow, she still hadn't managed to find a way to make the very first extrusion of a given body part any less gross, unless it was something small, like a cat tail or whiskers.

When they'd found an open space to train, Dakarai took a deep breath and prepared herself. Her shirt had slits in the back for wings or tentacles, and she figured they'd be large enough for gorilla arms. "This is gonna be... gross..." she warned again. With one last glance at the gorilla's thick, beefy arms, a recollection of Kureiji's tips, and high amounts of concentration, she began the process. For a second, she thought nothing was going to happen, before lumps of flesh began to push out of her back. It didn't hurt, but even Dakarai was disgusted by it. Get the proportions right... bone, muscle, fat, skin, fur... you were already researching them, it shouldn't be too hard to get the bone structure... like a human, but bigger... jeez, this is gross... no, keep your focus, form the fingers, like human hands but the size of canned hams...

The lumps of flesh began to mold themselves into form, joints appearing, and muscle piled on top. The bones felt about right, but the proportions of muscle to fat were difficult, and the skin seemed thicker than it should be. The hands seemed right, the fur too, but it wasn't exactly how it was supposed to be. Dakarai felt lopsided. But the process was complete, and there wasn't much she could do about it but retract them and start over. Again and again and again and again and... you get the picture. Until she got it right, and growing them was second nature. With a sigh, the misshapen gorilla arms were absorbed back into her body, and she paced around the massive ape, trying to take in every detail of the silverback's muscular arms.

Kureiji watched as she studied the ape, and took his tops into account as she attempted her transformation. It was looking pretty good for a first try, but it seemed she was getting proportions wrong. Unlike her, he didn't see it as gross at all, him literally being able to eject animals from his skin was definitely something that desensitized him to it. He smiled, knowing he could give her some more tips. He came up behind her and put his hands on her biceps. "See, a good rule of thumb that I usually do is I usually make the skin... A quarter of an inch thicker than a human's. Then, I usually multiply the surface area of the arms by about 1.5x, and see how much muscle I can fit with a reasonable buffer zone of fat-" he gave her muscles a squeeze for "visual effect" if you could call it that. "-and that's after you factor in the bones, which you should just follow the surface area multiplication of 1.5x, it's simpler..." He took his hands off, and smiled. "Then all you have to do is remember the musculoskeletal structure of your own arms, and you're golden!" He said happily, before realizing that- 'Fuck, I just touched her without consent and shit... God damn it-' he blushed furiously.

"S-Sorry, I shouldn't have grabbed your arms like that, it was just to demonstrate how to do the summoning an such, I'm sorry-!" He laughed in a despair type way, before turning away and pulling a stance, trying to forget what he'd just done by repeatedly shooting smaller, thinner, bullet-like logs at nearby trees.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
"Yup, I'm Chargebolt's son. Though I'm not like him in the jokester department. I do have an electricity based Quirk, though the drawbacks aren't the same as his. As in, I don't go whey whey." Acura replied, mimicking his father's short-circuited face while giving a thumbs up with both hands, chuckling a bit. He briefly frowned when Akagi said it was natural for the weak to show off, before going back to a slight smile. "Oh, take my word when I tell you there's some really strong and interesting Quirks in 1-A. You've got people punching others through entire buildings, having black holes on their body or covering buildings in roots. That last one's the same guy who just summoned a gorilla, by the way." He remarked, pointing at Kureiji as he finished talking. "How about your class? Any cool Quirks, probably some nice people on your side as well, right?" Acura asked, setting aside a thermos filled with cold water.
@Barefoot_Kittens

Caleb smiled back to Sam as she laid a hand on his arm. It was a gesture men and women alike found comforting. Caleb even blushed a little, although he felt guilty for making Sam worry. He wanted to reassure her, not make it seem like she was flirting with a barely caged animal. He hadn't been sure he could maintain control, but her touch and words told him she believed in his ability to stay in control of himself, and that trust gave Caleb fresh resolve to do exactly that.

He slid has hand to the small of her back in a comforting gesture. He was quiet for a moment, not knowing what to say, until he realized that being simple and sincere was the best way "I promise. Don't worry about me." He said calmly, meeting her eyes with a look just as gentle as his words. He withdrew his hand and changed the subject somewhat. "If you're done warming up, do you want to get started? If you like, we could spar to start. I'll use my quirk minimally to amp my speed and power, and you can use your tail. That should help you build the traits you want."

@Barefoot_Kittens

(OOC: I'll try to get a teacher post up a bit later this evening)

Last edited:
Mother-Lode addressed the students, her voice strong and powerful enough to carry far without raising her voice much. "Attention students! The time is now 7 pm and it's time to get started on our first session. You've all had time to ponder your training methods. Now the rubber meets the road. I expect you to train hard, but train smart. You're here to boost your quirks but you each know your quirks better than anyone else. I've seen some of you collaborating with other students. So long as it's mutually beneficial, this is acceptable. Now get cracking, we meet for dinner at 9 in the chateau!" She said the last bit with a wry smile, the students would cap off their training by scaling the caldera to the chateau, and have to walk down again before going to bed.

ON THE BOAT

"The water is just so... graceful, don't you think?" The two cousins were leaning against the railing, gazing at the flow of the sea as the boat rode the waves towards the island that they would be staying at to train.
"Yeah, it's really nice! Just so calm.... and blue... and boring." Miku responded, a tiny smirk on his face. "Well, at least now. It would be so much cooler if I could like, control it! Imagine whacking someone with a strand of water! Wait, can you even say strand of water, or is that just for hair?"
"Don't know, don't care." Aika said, rolling her eyes with a smile. "I can't wait to get to the island, I'll finally get to see your class in action and, of course, train so that my power could reach another level! It'll come in handy when we'll run into Villains, just like our parents did when they were attending U.A. ."
"Yeah, you never know when they'll attack, they're always lurking in the shadows..."

ON THE ISLAND

After the terrifying woman spoke, the group started to head to the camp grounds.
One of the kids caught Aika's eye as they walked, a red haired boy, who was about an inch shorter than her. Hiro, to be specific.
"So is that really Hiro, the psychopath?" The girl whispered to her second cousin, making sure no one else would hear her. "He doesn't seem that bad... well, if you ignore the shock collor."
"Just wait and see, I'll bet he'll throw several tantrums today." Miku murmured back with a grimace. "Just be grateful he isn't in your class. Sure, he's strong, but his power is fueled by rage! I mean, I think. It might be fueled by proteins, I'm not an expert."

Over at the campgrounds, the two teenagers admired all of the tents who started to get picked by their fellow classmates.
"Sooo... I'm not rooming with you." Aika said eventually, looking at her cousin.
"Of course, I see enough of you as it is!" The boy responded with a smirk, which made them both chuckle. "I'll see you later!" And with that, the two parted.

Miku was scanning the crowd, looking for potential people that he could share a tent with. He didn't really interact with his classmates as much as he would have wanted to, he talked with Dakarai and Takumi that one time on the first day and with Ru he did talk more often, but that was about it (unless you count the time when he found a note in front of his door, apologizing for the noise). And to his surprise, Ru was the one that approached him. He smiled at his dear friend and accepted his offer
"Oh, for sure! We can use... this tent!" The boy pointed to the nearest tent and entered it, not waiting for his response.

@Barefoot_Kittens

Aika had found a free tent that was close to the edge of the campground, so she wouldn't have to listen to anybody's snoring or sleep talking. Jet ears picked up footsteps coming in her direction and whiped around, only to find Pro Hero Swift heading for her.
"Oh, hello Mister Swift!" She politely greeted her teacher, but her mouth dropped open when she saw who was following him. It was Hiro, the same guy who her cousin kept describing as a psychopath and now she had to share a tent with him and keep him from destroying everything??!! But the worst thing is he just barged in her tent and divided the space in two with a fire blast, leaving a wide scorch. She had to tell Miku about this, but she didn't want to be rude, so she just said "Um, could you excuse me for a moment?" She turned on her heel and started walking towards her cousin's tent, making sure not to rush too much so the dragon boy wouldn't get hurt. The girl entered the tent, getting a smile from the boy in response, and gave her relative a slight frown.
"Miku, could you come outside for a minute?" She did not wait for an answer and grabbed his wrist, and pulled him aside(and outside). "You will not believe who Mister Swift just made me room with! It's Hiro!" Miku's eyes widened and made sure no one was listening, before whispering.
"And you agreed to it??!! But he's a complete nutcase!"
"He may be one, but maybe deep down, he's a softie with a troubled heart! He could be acting like a bully due to some childhood trauma, heavy insecurities or the lack of affection he's getting! Who knows, maybe I'll be able to rezolve his problems, like any dumb girl from terrible movies always tries to fix the 'bad boy'!"
"Ugh," the boy sighed, he really could do nothing to get her out of that mess, "you know what, fine! But if he punches a hole through you, don't come bleeding to me!"
The girl nodded, a determind look on her face and headed back to her tent, leaving her very disappointed cousin behind. After She entered it, she sat down and began neatly unpacking her stuff. She glanced at the boy and gave him a small smile.
"So, Hiro, how was your day?"

@Schrift007

Last edited:

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
"And you care why?", he shot back. After he was rejected by Caleb, Hiro had started becoming more hostile towards others. A bit more than usual. Unlike Aika, Hiro did not care how he unpacked. He flung his items around his half, one of them being his fire canisters. When it hit the floor, flame burst out from both sides. He managed to suck in most of the fire, but some managed to fleck across both sides. "Sorry just been having a bad day, as you saw earlier. Now I'm so bad, that my teachers even think I'm a threat to my class. Most of them see me as a villain and I don't blame them. Sometimes it helps being me, other times it doesn't ", Hiro rolled back onto his sleeping bag. "What about you?" he asked Aika.

At Acura's imitation of his father, Akagi laughed and nodded at the accuracy. "Yes, I suppose so." Akagi shrugged when Acura went over some of the quirks of his class, "Sounds like a destructive bunch." the boy commented straight faced before smirking at Acura's question. "Well it's not like you can just walk into U.A., of course my classmates have some degree of strength. We've got some shape shifters, electricity, plants- I guess there isn't much diversity in quirks, these days." Akagi sighed, referencing the similarity between some of the quirks of the other class and his own. "Still, no matter how much of a punch you pack- it's useless if you can't reach your target, no?" Akagi smirked, the type of smirk that always resided on his face when he was preparing to brag about himself. Akagi looked towards an open patch some distance from the tents, where nobody else was, before returning his attention to the boy beside him, "It's been ages since I've fought someone new. Shall we spar?" Acura asked with a mischievous grin and eyes sparkling with challenge. "I'll giving you 20 bucks if you can hit me." Akagi added before gesturing once more to the spot where he intended the match to begin.
@Manu456Alola

Sam smiled softly at Caleb's gentle words. When he suddenly suggested a spar, the girl's eyes lit up and she nodded eagerly. The girl shook out her arms, tail swishing excitedly before she took a few steps away from Caleb and took a deep breath. Outside of warming up, she knew that this match wasn't going to help Caleb much- it was more for her benefit. She was sure that Caleb knew of other ways to train that would be much more efficient that spending time with Sam, who frankly didn't want to separate from Caleb out of fear that something might happen. The girl huffed before grinning, she'd make it worth Caleb's time. "I won't go easy on you!" Sam called out playfully, waiting until Caleb gave a nod of affirmation that he was ready. Once the signal was given, Sam didn't an extra second of preparations as she charged forward in one leap. The girl aimed a straight punch at Caleb's guts, though it was blocked despite her impressive speed. A series of rapid punches, jabs, and elbows were thrown towards Caleb without a single one hitting its target. Eyes still focused on Caleb's upper body, the girl's tail suddenly struck Caleb's left calf, wrapping around it without warning and quickly pulling it in an attempt to get the boy off balance.
@Hogzilla

Ru smiled at Miku when he accepted him as his tent buddy, the pair weren't inside the tent for long when a random girl suddenly pulled Miku outside. Ru was sure this girl wasn't in their class, so why was she so interested in Miku. He had seen the pair a few times outside of class, they were together often after school. Was she... his girlfriend? It would make sense, kinda- Ru was sort of surprised Miku was the type to even have a girlfriend, to be honest. Ru, who really couldn't help himself, leaned closer to the wall in order to eavesdrop on the pair's conversation. He didn't learn much from what he heard, but apparently the girl was with Hiro and Miku wasn't happy about it. Ru exited the tent to find the disappointing boy standing outside. Ru sighed, unsure if there was some way to help. The boy came up beside Miku before smiling softly as an idea came to mind, "Let's train with them. We can go as a group of four, the variety of quirks could help us all improve." Ru suggested. Honestly, it looked like most people had started by sparring- and he certainly didn't want to spar with Miku again. Hopefully with more people they'd be able to find a more creative way to train.
@Tudor21G

Caleb responded to Sam's playful jibe with a wolfish grin. "I'd be disappointed if you did." He didn't know if she was actually going to go full on at him but he doubted it. He made ready and his eyes widened, muscles bulged slightly and face twisted into a snarl, his quirk forcing changes upon him before he signalled readiness.

She did come even faster than before, although his hyper-adrenaline rage compensated with heightened reflexes. He was trying to bring out no more strength than needed to make this challenging. He didn't want to hurt her by going too hard.

He hadn't really reckoned on her tail. He hadn't known how strong it was, because he'd never seen her use it for anything more than picking up everyday items like books, but it was freakishly strong. Had he been ready he might have had a chance to stay upright, but instead he was forced to roll as he fell down, reaching for the tail in a bid to grab it. Sam released her grip, judging the risk not worthwhile. Caleb was already half up when he sprang forward, throwing a series of straight punches, which Sam avoided, and began to counter when he attacked from an awkward position, twisting his whole body to get the angle for an uppercut that only grazed her guard, but wqs followed by a hook that knocked her back a number of paces, rattling her upper body even though she blocked it.

Caleb checked his instinct to pursue, forcing his rictus snarl into a more placid expression and gesturing to Sam to continue. "Was that. Too. Hard?" He grunted out, not wanting to go too far. He knew she wasn't a porcelain figure, but he knew his power could be fickle and wanted to err on the side of caution.

@Barefoot_Kittens

Last edited:

Well, that didn't exactly go to plan did it? Thought Kishi as he looked around. He definitely got some of the attention he desired, though not all of it positive. If any. Oh well, he was too used to it by now to be discouraged. At Mother-Lode's next announcement, he breezily waved his arms.

"No problem, comrades. If anybody changes their mind, I'll be...over there! Somewhere!" He announced, pointing in a random arbitrary location before scampering off into the forest.

Phew. Tough crowd, eh? He began thinking, unconsciously walking in a random direction.

He focused on the issue at hand.

Quirk training... I suppose I could do the ordinary stuff, like seeing how far my temperature can REALLY go before I run out of HP. I suppose The Lord of The Desert Mirage could help me with that, though he seems occupied. Maybe I could work on beam strength? Or perhaps...

He cut off his train of thought, seemingly remembering something about his quirk.

Ah, right. I remember... When I was first diagnosed with my quirk, two or three years later than all the other children...They had me step outside while my parents discussed something with the doctor. For the longest time, I'd wondered what it was. I knew I wasn't quirkless - the giant hole I created in the roof during that one scary film can attest to that. It wasn't until recently - just before my admission to U.A., in fact...that my father told me what it was.

He began to flash back. He remembered, the night just before his first day - he was sat in front of his father, in the living room, with his mother at the door. That's when they told him.

That's right. Before, they told me the name of my quirk was Gob Laser, allowing me to shoot lasers from my mouth. But, now I know....

He stumbled upon some plains, spacious with a beautiful view of the sunset.

My quirk isn't supposed to be limited to just my mouth. According to what father told me - I'm supposed to be able to use my lasers from any part of my body. My eyes, my hands, my ears...I suffered a quirk defect, just like my father did.

He sat.

My quirk's true name...

Laser Artillery.

=Nightshade=

About ready to try again, Dakarai began to gather her concentration. Right before the disgusting growth of the gorilla arms began again, Kureiji had come up behind her and begun to give her more tips. Blushing furiously as he squeezed her arms, she nodded along with what he said, trying to make mental note of all the numbers and proportions. When he let go, seeming to suddenly panic in realization, she gave a not-unpleasantly-surprised half-smile in reassurance. “It’s... it’s fine... now... um... let’s see...”

Again, Dakarai gathered her scattered concentration and focused on what he’d told her. Bone structure... multiply the surface area by... was it 1.5? Yeah... then the skin is a quarter-inch thicker than mine... then multiply the overall surface area by 1.5... that would be... yeah... then buffer the muscle with fat... that seems right... This time, the lumps of flesh took form a little quicker, and was an almost exact match. Excited, Dakarai turned to Kureiji, grinning. “I’m close! One more time should do it, then I can work on speed, and moving with the extra weight! And punching things. That’ll be fun.”

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
(( Ok, wow. Notifications really screwed me over here. Let's see if I can make a post that still makes sense with how much has been happening.. ))

Inanis, back on his feet, thought. Was it necessary to go to the school nurse. Eh, maybe. Maybe this blindfold could finally be removed. When the others were ready, he went off with them to the school infirmary.

Upon arrival, the school nurse had taken his blindfold off. Though while he could see again, there was some scarring left. Two to be exact, one claw mark across each eye. The one in the middle had healed up, however. As he was finished in the infirmary, he waved Drayda and Kishi goodbye as he went off to settle into his new dorm and to, of course, meet them later on again.

On the boat ride..
Inanis hung over the railing of the boat, watching the waves of the water move. He thought, and dreaded what had awaited him later on. If things were going to be as tough and unrelenting as he thought they are going to be, this was going to be tough.. but hopefully worth it. Hopefully.

On the Island..
Just as he thought, this was going to be horrible. Yes, he had heard all about the many stories of how difficult the training was from his mother, but this? He underestimated the stories by just a bit. He followed the group along to where the tents were, and immediately went and picked the black rolled up tent bundle. Now he thought about who to share his tent with. He barely knew anyone here, asides one person, and sharing a tent with a stranger really didn't sound appealing to him. He looked across the crowd of his classmates, and decided to stand idle with the tent bundle in hand, thinking if he couldn't just go solo. Because who knows, maybe the person he wanted to share his tent with has another choice? That and well, he liked solitude. He would just wait until someone came to him, and if noone did, he would go with his original plan to ask the one person he knows best here.

As Hiro snapped at her and almost set the entire tent on fire, Aika managed to keep her composure, but just barely, and continued to arrange her stuff. This bloke was a real handful, but nothing that Aika couldn't handle... hopefully. The boy started talking about how he was considered a psycho, exactly how her cousin described him, but to the girl, he didn't seem that bad... at third glance.
The next thing he said definitely surprised her, he was actually interested in her life. There was silence as she thought about her next words, she had to put them in the nicest and most genuine way, so that this guy wouldn't take it the wrong way.
"Well, I guess I just tried to talk to everyone so that I know what they're about, and to keep out of drama. It's still early days, I want to be nice to everyone so that later I know we'll have each other's backs." She looked at upwards and smiled, then looked at her tent mate. "You know? I just think that, no matter what happens, you have to be optimistic about the future and be kind to others, even if you sometimes disagree so that they will return the favour someday." After she said those words, she realized that Hiro might think that she's trying to lecture him, so she quickly added "Or... that's just what I think, there's no right or wrong way to live your life, but I reckon it's smart to try to and make your existence as enjoyable as possible." She looked down at her stuff, waiting to hear Hiro's thoughts. She was really hoping that he would at least try to consider her words, before saying anything.
@Schrift007

Miku looked over his shoulder and saw the person who suggested the most horrendous idea he had ever heard. Ru.
"Wait, do you even know her--- Nevermind." He turned so that he would fully face him, and see how much he hated that idea. "Yeah, we are not doing that. I am not doing anything with Hiro, the fact that she has to sleep in the same place as him is enough." He caught himself and realized that he wasn't really being nice. "Ugh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be rude, it's just that... he is so dangerous, and mean, and honestly quite crazy, which says a lot coming from me." He looked behind, in the direction that the cousin went. "And I don't trust him."
@Barefoot_Kittens

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
"It's not that simple, I just get caught up in all my hate and anger and by the time I realise I make a mistake I'm back to square one. Every time I try either I don't get the chance or I mess up again. Like what happened just now, but the only difference that time was that I manage to fix my mistake before it became major". At this point Hiro was rambling about himself, and manage to catch himself from talking too much. "Well thanks for listening, that already puts you in the top three nicest people in my opinion", he said, before doing a few stretches then changing into some light weight clothes. Hiro ran out of the tent knowing who he needed to talk with. "DRAYDA!" he shouted, before taking in a deep breath. "PURPLE DRAGON THAT WAS WILLING TO RIP OFF MY LIMBS ON THE FIRST DAY!!" he shouted, managing to sound even louder. "I HAVE AN IDEA WHICH INVOLVES YOU BEATING ME UP!! FIRST TIME I'M GONNA LET SOMEONE HIT ME AND NOT HIT BACK!!", he walked around the crater shouting for Drayda for a while. At one point he even tried to make a beacon in the sky, using his fire. It resembled an arrow, the head being four times the size of the body, pointing at him.

@Tudor21G
@Merciless Medic