• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed MHA: New Class in Session Discussion

I mean, there was a guy with Mind Control and Deku's quirk literally is only useful for hitting things hard. Neither turned to villainy.
It was said multiple times that Shinso's will pushed him to aim to be a hero, because most people would be led to villainy for having their quirk always be seen as something for a villain as it could lead them to think the others are right, and Deku literally got his quirk from the Symbol of Peace.

Yeah, and that’s not really comparable to Kodokuna’s Quirk, where he can’t turn it off for extended periods of time, and it’s liable to slowly hurt those around him without realising it. He’s more or less a danger by his mere existence.

Heck Bakugou's literally only blows things up. There's plenty of Quirks that only have evil/destructive capacities that are still used for good XD
That's Bakugo, though.

Also, most people have different viewpoints of things. Not everyone looks at everything the same. Not everyone has the same morality. Everyone has different opinions, because we all think differently. Naosu is taking quirks as being an awful thing, while everyone else in the RP most likely is going to think differently.

Yeah, and that’s not really comparable to Kodokuna’s Quirk, where he can’t turn it off for extended periods of time, and it’s liable to slowly hurt those around him without realising it. He’s more or less a danger by his mere existence.

Sounds like a guy with a Decay Touch power in the CoDA RP.

.........which by the way SS you should check the discussion for. Sarah had a question for you.

But I get the basic idea. Got a "evil" quirk and pushed to villainy.

Honestly one area that could help Quirks be seen as "evil" as the really make people without them feel...small, useless and the minority they truly are. Taking any power and self worth away from them, kinda the pain Deku felt when he was Quirkless to start with.

Low ki if I made an OC, I'd kinda want to make a student who lacked a Quirk but used some hidden tech to pretend they had one to get into the UA. To show even someone born with nothing "special" can be a hero. Naturally, there'd be drama if and when they got caught but I always had an urge to do that.

Yeah, that’s sorta a recurring theme in MHA. Most of the low level “villains” just tend to be outcasts, mostly BECAUSE of their quirks, and not knowing what to do with them. Like in the provisional license exam where they said Gang Orca was chosen to be the fake villain they fought because he was the Pro Hero that “seemed most like a villain”
The MHA society is wrong on SO many levels lol

Low ki if I made an OC, I'd kinda want to make a student who lacked a Quirk but used some hidden tech to pretend they had one to get into the UA. To show even someone born with nothing "special" can be a hero. Naturally, there'd be drama if and when they got caught but I always had an urge to do that.

Surprise twist, he ends up having a quirk that allows him a form of hyper intelligence he unknowingly used for his equipment. Similar to Ry's old quirk, Generator.
(Just popped into my head)

Glad its finally over. I feel comfortable with the scores, Tashi isnt made for robots, more so to crush op's. ;)

Surprise twist, he ends up having a quirk that allows him a form of hyper intelligence he unknowingly used for his equipment. Similar to Ry's old quirk, Generator.
(Just popped into my head)

Eh, I feel the twist would kinda cheapen the point of the character. Though I can see what you mean with it of course.

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
Actually, I wasn't talking about Tanaka being Tokoyami, I just read 'Todoroki' as 'Tokoyami' accidentally XD. So, excuse ME for my horrible sight :arr:.

I'll get to healing everyone right away. I just woke up after a long day of marching band and school yesterday, so I hadn't had the chance to respond. Sorry about that! I'm on it, though.

I actually made a second OC for this while I was gone, so I'd like him to do the same as RhythymThief's character(if that's what your character winds up doing). Let me get a form set up real quick.

Name: Hikaru Yoshida
Alignment: Hero-in-training
Quirk: Ultimate Shield -- So, I liked FMA's Greed's "superpower" and decided to use it(adding limitations of course XD). Hikaru can change the hardness of his skin to an 8.5 on the Mohs Hardness Scale at will. However, this seriously restricts the blood flow wherever his skin hardens if it is used for an extensive period of time. The nerves in his limbs are also dulled a bit, meaning he can't react as quickly as he could normally(delayed nerve signal). Pain is duller, but he can still feel it. When he changes his skin's hardness, it will turn a darker grey color in the area that he does this.
Personality: Hikaru isn't unfriendly, but his sense of humor often includes sarcasm and he won't hesitate to tell others that they're wrong. As such, he can come off as a bit of a jerk. Hikaru is confident, but not cocky, and he knows his limits. He hates bullies and won't hesitate to stand up and say something if he assumes someone is being treated poorly. Hikaru is often a "mom friend" with his closer friends, trying to keep them from getting hurt in the slightest bit.
Appearance: Hikaru has messy orange hair, green eyes, and slightly pale skin. Outside of his school uniform, he is usually seen in athletic wear.
Skills besides Quirk: Hikaru is good at hockey and figure skating, running, and cooking.
Other: Hikaru's twin sister was a part of the minority that was born Quirkless, and as such he often had to defend her from school bullies. He stuck up for other taunted kids as well, earning himself the nickname "school superhero".

Pro Hero Dekiru

Previously Battle Legend G.K.
Also, I feel like we should either discuss or sketch Hero costumes, as the students did. I'm going to sketch Dekiru's hero costume. Probably going to take inspiration from Deku's costume. Remember, costumes can be improved later, and aren't super flashy.

I just thought of something

Harper's like the ultimate babysitter, right? She can keep the kids amused for hours by doing silly transformations for them and stuff

So what if Kouki had to stay late for work or had a date or smth and he needed a babysitter? Knowing that Harper is fluent in English and Japanese, plus the aforementioned amusement thing, she'd pretty much be the perfect fit. Idk, just an idea for a fluffy scene with the Reviar kids. Jack would probably be SUPER protective and stuff tho, since that's really a big part of his character.

Pro Hero Dekiru

I imagine that everybody is going to be in Class 1-A. I think we should discuss who will fufill what place.
The character won't match personalities like a mirror, but more or less be somewhat of a counterpart.
For example, Dekiru isn't overly emotional, but has strong determination to be a hero. He also wasn't Quirkless, and has an altered goal; to be an incredible hero, but strive his own path with help rather than have somebody lay out a trail of obstacles for him. However, they share the drive to aim for the top, and keep going, most likely walking a path of blood, sweat, and tears.

Midoriya: Dekiru
Uraraka:
Iida*:
Bakugou: Tokoyami
Kirishima:
Kaminari:
Yaoyorozu:
Todoroki: Satsuke
Jirou:
Ashido:
Sero:
Aoyama:
Asui:
Koda:
Sato:
Mineta:
Ojiro:
Hagakure:
Shoji:
Tokoyami:

Keep in mind that some of these roles don't need to be fufiled.
* However, we kind of need a sibling to Ingenium. I can create an OC, if nobody else will.

Last edited:

Pro Hero Dekiru

To be fair, the only ones we actually need are the go-getter, the always-triggered guy, the little sibling, and the icy-hot "hate dad", maybe even an Ochako. Everyone else is mainly there for character interactions, and maybe ship fuel if you guys want to go there.
Oh. We might also need a Kirishima for the Bakug--I mean, Tokoyami rescue.

I'm gonna make a character sheet for Harper's friend, she probably won't be used a ton(if at all) in the future, but I just want to get this in.

Name
: Takako Hayashi
Alignment: Harper's closest friend(before UA)
Quirk: Emotional Management: Takako's Quirk allows her to see how stressed, angry, and sad a person is by looking at a bar above their head, like a health bar in a video game.
Personality: Takako is patient, and will often just listen to people when they need to vent. She can get excitable around her close friends, and often lets energy that she keeps pent up out in happy bursts.
Appearance: Takako is short, with fair skin and freckles. She has brown hair and violet eyes. Takako is usually seen wearing some sort of skirt or dress with leggings underneath, a yellow jacket, and pale pink sneakers.
Skills besides Quirk: Takako is an excellent listener and knows a bit of psychology.
Other: Takako wants to go to school to be a psychologist or a therapist.