• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mafia 2: Day One: Returning in Force

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
THE MAFIA RESURFACE

After the Mafia's violent usurpation of local government three weeks ago, they have ruled with little fanfare, and many have considered them to be no longer a threat to everyday existence. However, reports have reached this reporter that another Mafia Family, the Crimson Order, have surfaced and are planning an attack against the ruling party, and the townspeople left alive.

This worrying news has put the reigning Family, Baudelaire, on edge, and our sources expect them to begin a brutal sweep of the more active populace in the coming days, attempting to root out the rival Mafia family and secure their leadership. However, they will be opposed, as a new, larger faction of townspeople have banded together to attempt to retake the streets of Charming City.

It will only be a matter of time before blood is spilled.

Quick note for the Mafia: If you're the "First Family" you're Baudelaire, if you're the "Second Family" you're the Crimson Order.​

Re: Day One (July 23rd-24th): Returning in Force

I'm sorry, Baudelaire? Did I really put these poets in charge?

Anyway, another game, another massive bloodbath. Logically, the best step without anything to base any accusations off of, would be to abstain and wait for the mafia to make the first move.

In other news, there is a rising demand for cleaners to wipe off the blood that is expected to come. Anybody looking to apply should check in at the town hall on weekends. Thank you!

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

I AM THE MAFIA. COME KILL ME.
AND I VOTE TO LYNCH TEAPOT/DATABASE.
DORITOS ARE YUMMY~

Anyways, this should be really interesting~ Can't wait for other people to start posting. :'D

Also, just wanting to put out that since three people will be killed each night now (Baudelaire, Crimson, and Vigilante), it might be in out best interest to kill someone on the first night, unlike last time. :3

I agree that would be best best to abstain. People are going to die during the night anyway, so let's not accidentally lynch the town yet, mmkay? Thanks XD
So how is everyone? Feeling alive? That probably won't last long... x3

I thought about that as well Shiny, but unlike last time, we have the advantage of numbers, and the vigilante isn't even going for us. He's a townsfolk with a license to kill Mafia.

Speaking of the vigilante, he'd be pretty lost if he can't figure out who the mafia is. For him to do his job properly, he would need someone to help him find the mafia. Naturally that would be the detective. If the two were to find each other, one way or another, then things will go a lot smoother for everyone, except the mafia of course. It would be even better if the Doctor was brought into the loop, then he could alternate in keeping them alive.

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool

Oh boy, here comes another abstainment factor... Honestly, I thought it was a bad idea last time, and I still think so. As Shiny said, a lot more blood is going to be spilled, and we really shouldn't just stand by in hopes some evidence is gonna turn up. I'm gonna think it over a bit longer, but in any case, I suggest we stay away from abstaining this time around.

I can't wait to start killing some mafia~

I think I want to abstain this round. I have no idea who any of the roles might belong to, and I don't want to kill off townspeople by accident. I might change my vote later though, after more information shows up. Not too sure about what I want to do yet.

I said the best step without anything to accuse a person for. Which means I will vote for someone if they give me reason to, such as abnormal activity that promotes their likelihood to be mafia. For now though, we have nothing to base things on. So if we start killing each other now without anything to base things on, it would become nothing more than another massacre. I especially should know, I used that against you.

So I will vote someone out if they give me a reason to, but I still say that to abstain would be our best option. I am willing to wait, even if it spells my own doom.

I'm going to abstain. It somewhat helped last time, as the responses from everyone gave a small clue as to their true nature. A very small clue, mind you, but helpful nonetheless.

I think abstaining'd be best. We don't have any proof against anyone, and randomly calling out names like last time probably isn't the best option. But I do believe Brendan has a point- If you see someone acting suspiciously, it could be worth bringing it out here.

I'm not going to officialy abstain just yet, let's see what happens in the future. Let's make this city belong to the people once more<3

Mr.RMA

Some people are really good at hiding their suspicions. Remember last game? Anyways, I'll admit that I'd like to hear from more people before a decision is made, but I'm still iffy about abstaining. Just find it to be a bit too risky.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

Lynch Katie. Do it.

Last edited by a moderator:

It definitely looks like the townspeople will abstain unless someone convinces us otherwise. And their really isn't a good argument at this stage except for guessing... Which is a hit or miss. And luckily for us, we will probably hit a townsperson. Haha. Or better yet, someone with a helpful role. Haha again.

D

Darkspyro97

I'm my opinion, I guess it is better to abstain for this first round, it is quite risky to abstain but we need to see what does the others say as well as who does the Mafia kill.

I'm gonna go ahead and agree with the majority that it's probably best to abstain this time 'round. We don't have anywhere near enough information to go off of, not yet, anyway.

omigosh I dunno. I'm pretty much just posting to get my 'thoughts' (lawl like I think) out there, and I think it would be best to wait a little while to see if anyone has any thoughts they'd like to share before voting. I'm leaning towards lynching, but seeing as the mafias are going to kill two people anyway we should probably get to work.

Yeah, I dunno. ~

While I agree that abstaining would probably be the wisest decision in terms of not flailing around madly and killing off our friends who have a pretty decent chance of being innocent townspeople, I have to say I'm not sure about the communal halt D:
I mean, obviously we don't know where to point fingers since we're fresh off the blocks here, but in essence what we're doing is sitting around and waiting for people to die. And if we do that, we're letting our numbers dwindle without even starting the discussion and debate that comes from slinging around wild accusations, such as who is defending who, who's accusing this person or putting in entirely too much effort in getting this person killed.

I dunno, it might be the lawyer-to-be in my head talking, but it's just some food for thought :I

Why is this two pages long already, ahem, I mean I actually agree with Belle's reasoning, but I don't think slinging random accusations will actually help us. Granted, I don't see how waiting for mafia to kill anyone will bring us any closer to seeing who mafia is...okay I'll compromise. I'll start slinging accusations after the mafia makes a move.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

Sem is a greedy butt and deserves to die simply on the grounds he survived last time. >=O I don't care that he's most likely still a townsperson. I was mafia and he still was responsible for more deaths than I was. That's an awful track record. Plus, just look at him...he's up to something. Behind that handsome face is a coldblooded killer. [/nonsense rant]

But yeah, abstain, lack of evidence, RMA wanting blood spilled and whatever other recycled nonsense I can throw out at this point in the game.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

I still say we lynch Katie.

Also. Abstaining only worked so well last time because it had come /after/ we had flung accusations around for quite a few pages. Abstaining right off the bat this round does nothing for us, and we could lose potentially three townspeople. The vigilante doesn't know who's who either, so he/she will be shooting in the dark and potentially hit a townsperson.

Also. I'm not mafia.

My biggest concern is that we hit a townsperson we'll lose four people as opposed to three. However I realize that we must start shooting in the dark at some point. I didn't bother keeping track of the last game for many different reasons, but I'll trust Sem's experience on this one.

Thank you, Sem. This is what I mean, guys.
What you're suggesting we do is let the days go by us without even sparking the debate that gets Mafia members found out and, eventually (hopefully) lynched.
Throwing around accusations may be unorthodox, but at least it'll start the discussion :c

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

Yes. Trust me. Trusting me did wonders last round |DDDDDDDDDDD

I think Belle has the right idea here, people abstaining will be making it a little easier for any mafia to get the edge.

However, I also don't believe people have the guts to point and label someone on the first night... we'll see how it goes, I guess :)

Sir Red said:
Behind that handsome face is a coldblooded killer.

omg Red thinks Sem is handsome teeheeheeeeeeee

I mean, um!
I sort of have to agree with Sem about the abstaining thing, we'd sort of be sitting here knowing nothing, waiting until the mafias kill people.
edit: wait everyone's just said that. I'm so sloooow

someone hurry up and be suspicious!
I don't wanna have to feel bad and accuse someone lookin' innocent :<

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

Don't let Sem lead! D: He was a terrible leader last time. After Sem lost El and Sho he was the reason that the townspeople lost. He may be right as to throwing out accusations and seeing how people react, but we should most certainly not agree with him as to who to lynch.

[me=Sir Red]points at Sho[/me]

I suspect Sho as mafia, because just look at him...such an untrustworthy face. Plus, he's The Joker! He loves anarchy and destruction.

Nooooo but I love Sho D:

Let's accuse someone else >:I
like um

SAVICHEZ
YOU LOOK VERY SUSPICIOUS OVER THERE.

sob

[me=Akira Rose]shamelessly bandwagons[/me]

I vote for Sho as well because I'm curious to hear how he defends himself...also LoN I can't believe you said no one had the guts to label someone. Look who is in this game lol

Edit: Ilu Sho

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

Savichez said:
It definitely looks like the townspeople will abstain unless someone convinces us otherwise. And their really isn't a good argument at this stage except for guessing... Which is a hit or miss. And luckily for us, we will probably hit a townsperson. Haha. Or better yet, someone with a helpful role. Haha again.

This post of Savichez's is awfully suspicious to me. And, at this point, he's as good a target as anyone else.

I agree with Belle. Lynch Savichez. Lynch him dead. Katie can wait~

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader

That post is indeed very suspicious. Either a terrible job of hiding your role, or just horrendous wording. I'm going to go with the former, because that's far too many "miswordings" for me to believe. You indeed are very suspicious, Savichez. However, I am a man of honor. I will allow you the chance to clear your name before passing judgment. (Although I can't guarantee everyone else will be so kind).

Sem stop taking my arguments from Chat and using them here O:<

Anyway, yes.
Just to make it official, I vote to lynch Savichez.

p.s. stop being so gallant, Red, GOD D:<

All right, everyone has convinced me...Savichez is indeed mightily suspicious in that first post.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator

Oh, how I missed this~

With my computer finally fixed, I see that I'm late to the party.

Being that it is too soon for me to guess, I will abstain.

...wait, how did I miss that post from Savichez?

Bonus points to Belle, Sem and Red for noticing all that.

Lynch Savichez

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

[me=Linkachu]curses being late to the meeting. >=O[/me]

Ahh, how I've waited to say this: lynch Sem because he's Sem! Even if he's not mafia, he'll just lead you all astray again anyways. ;p

But seriously, that post by Savichez just screams Mafia. I don't think we could've asked for a better clue on the first day. I too say lynch Savichez.

D

Darkspyro97

After reading that quote from savichez I also suspect him being part of the Mafia. My final statement: Lynch Savichez

Mr.RMA

And suddenly I don't have a computer. Ipods are not my best method of posting, so, I'm gonna be brief and agree with those who say to lynch Savichez.

There we go, now I have something to base ideas off of, let's see what we've got

Shiny went out and screamed that she was mafia and that she wanted to lynch teapot. She said she was going to say that weeks ago, so I expected that. So it doesn't really help my thoughts on Shiny at all.

Savichez isn't very popular, with the votes piling against him. Mafia or not, it's his fault really:
Savichez said:
So how is everyone? Feeling alive? That probably won't last long... x3
That is not a nice thing to say, it is as if you want us all to die, you have a lot of suspicion pointing at you now. Put in the quote Sem gave and things aren't doing too well for this fellow.

RMA on his own catches a few eyes with being a single person demanding blood amongst others opting to abstain, that would naturally catch eyes. On the other hand, this was exactly what he did in the last game, and he was innocent then. Whether it is genuine or a facade to fool us, I cannot say. Though it does help his case that others have appeared to push for blood as well, making him the fronthead of a bloodlust, even though he's not directing it. What this means is that either he's mafia and he is now celebrating his little win for blood, or he's innocent and people like Sem and Belle are Mafia, simply using him as a cover for them, or he and one of the bloodlusters are both in cahoots with each other. This is a long list of possibilities, something I'll cut down in later days.

Finally, there's Sir Red is throwing out accusations left and right, for faces nonetheless. That's exactly what happened with Tangrow, and no doubt it would happen again. As well as his weak defense of Savichez draws attention, which very much relates to his poor defense of Dwayna. I find it very surprising that Red would play this weakly for the second time in a row, but it is still possible that his role hasn't changed. So he's a very possible enemy as well.

With these suspects, I think I have a good base for later accusations in the coming days. For now though, it seems that Savichez has no regard for our lives. Especially in thinking that seeing us lynch an innocent person or even a useful person is amusing. Mafia or not, we don't need his presence in this town. My vote goes to Savichez

okay okay fine I'll give in to Sem I guesssss

Savichez does look awfully suspicious. I'm not securing my vote just yet (because I am interested in what Sho'll say to Carmi/Red), but ... that post is just mighty suspiciouuuussss.

Hmm. We'll see o:

jesus why does this take me so long to post?

ANYWAY

I think what with all the bandwagons and stuff I shall just go for Savichez. I hate to be a sheep, but it does seem like the right thing to do.

Lynch Savichez.

Status
Not open for further replies.