• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Life as a Hunter

"Alright." Steve said. He left the room, and got another large cage from the storage. He then went to his room, and ate some berries. "So, Hugger. I will go get you some food." Steve told his Bewear. Steve went to the cafeteria, and got some Pokemon Food, and returned to his room. He sent out Steven, to eat with Hugger.

Midnight watched Zenix as he approached the Pokémon and the trainer. She jumped out of the tree, landing behind Zenix on her feet her mask still on. She touched her Houndoom's Pokéball but dared not to bring him out.

The lady was scared and the Dragonair went in front of its trainer to protect her. "What do you want from us?" She asked terrified. Zenix ignored her question, "Charizard, Shadow Claw!" Charizard used Shadow Claw to knock the Dragonair away from its trainer. "DRAGONAIR!!" The lady shouted and attempted to run to her Pokemon but Charizard knocked her away with its wing.

Midnight looked away from the scene, her mask hiding her very sad expression. Her eyes were downcast for she knew she couldn't stop them. They had to get the job done and she hated it so much. Her fists were held clenched at her side, her fingernails would be digging into her skin if it wasn't for her black fingerless gloves. She bit her lip under the mask and growled very quietly.

The Dragonair slowly got up as it was still recovery. Zenix got the gauntlet on his left wrist ready and fired it at the Dragonair. The dragon type was hit and froze into a bronze like statue. Zenix then got out a small disk and threw it at the frozen Dragonair. The disk grew bigger, went under it and surrounded it with glass to complete its display case. Charizard flew over to the display case containing the Dragonair and picked it up. The young lady saw the scene and was in tears. "W-Why are you d-doing this....?" She asked in tears. ".....It's a job....." Zenix said in a cold tone.

Midnight swallowed back a lump in her throat as she heard the lady's crying and her words. She was left in surprise when Zenix replied to the lady very coldly. "I'm sorry," she muttered, grabbed her Houndoom's Pokéball, let him out and hopped on. "I'm heading back," she said sadly then her Houndoom ran right back into Eternal City, knowing exactly where to go. Midnight kept her mask on though she kept her head in front of her Houndoom's neck though he didn't seem to care. She wanted to cry but she knew she couldn't and she knew she couldn't take a trainer from their Pokémon again, she had to get rid of this feeling before she went on another mission, even if if was to get wild Pokémon.

Zenix watched as Midnight left and sighed. He then hopped on his Charizard and flew away, leaving the lady crying. After twenty minutes of flying, they arrived back at the base. They went into a room where all the frozen Pokemon are stored and put Dragonair there. He returned Charizard back into its Pokeball and went into Janette's office. "It's done, " he said

"Excellent," she said, "You were done quicker than expected. Where's Midnight?"

"She....went to get a bite to eat," Zenix replied.

Midnight needed a place to cool down so when she got into the base she got off of her Houndoom and went to her room, leaving Houndoom to wander around the base. She slammed her door close, locking it behind her. She unzipped her jacket, throwing it onto the floor, ripped off her mask, throwing it at across the room hitting the wall with a loud crack, and took her combat boots off. She jumped onto her bed, shoving her face into her black pillow. She curled herself into a ball, holding her pillow to her face, and began to silently weep. She hated taking away the trainers Pokémon and she wanted to never do it again. Her pillow was beginning to get soaked and her body was shaking yet, she was silent.

Zenix walked out of Janette's office and walked down the hall. He stopped at Midnight's door and knocked on it. "Midnight?" He called out, "You there?"

Janette smirked after calling the client who wanted the Dragonair. "I wonder if Midnight broke into tears after that mission," she said to herself as she caressed her Pokeball while giggling, "I mean, she does hate missions involving other people's Pokemon."

Midnight didn't answer, she only stopped crying but was still shaking violently causing bed to move and make noise. She didn't want anyone to see her like this, especially not Zenix. I never could do he mission and Janette knew that! Why did she set him on the same team as me when he clearly could have done it himself and he did, I was just standing by and watching, she thought, knowing how pathetic she was being. Her Umbreon was begging to come out and comfort her but Midnight kept her in her Pokéball. She just wanted to be alone for a while and she hoped Zenix would understand.

After half a minute, Zenix sighed as he knew that Midnight wasn't going to answer. He looked down. "I'm.... sorry," he said, which was all that he could say. He then walked away slowly. He went back to his room and layed on his bed.

Midnight had heard Zenix but said nor did anything. When she was sure he was gone she began to quietly weep into her pillow once again. Her shaking increased and she just wanted it all to go away. Everything from the day her parents died to this day. She just didn't want this anymore but she had to repay Janette for saving her all those years back, she had already agreed of it when she was brought here so there was nothing she could do. After about thirty minutes all the tears in her ran out and she just layed there, her face shoved against her pillow, as she waited for the shaking to subside. When the shakin did stop she got up from her bed, headed to the bathroom, turned on the cold water from the sink, and splashed her face with it. She rubbed her face with the water trying to get all of the mess on her face that you could tell she had cried off her face. She got most of the tear stains off her face but not all of it so she grabbed her mask, that had not cracked when it hit the wall rather the wall cracked instead, and slipped it on. She headed out of her bedroom door as she shakily headed to the kitchen. She sat at a table, leaning her head against the table with her arms crossed on the table cover her head.

Mason has worked for Janette for a few months now and has been making more-than-average money.

Mason had Metang busy training in the training room. Using a hard punching bag, Metang has practiced using Zen Headbutt causing little sound for a human to hear it. While Mason kept himself busy tweaking his own inventions. This way, he can pass time until for his next mission. He tried his best to lose his habit of going shirtless so he wore a t-shirt only for the duration he is in the training room.

(Sorry for being inactive.)
Zack finally got back to base, bringing with him the Lopunny and Klaus, and walked to Janette's room."Boss?I got it." He said showing the pokemon.

Spike hasn't worked for Janette for very long, only maybe about 2 weeks or so and he is yet to be sent on a mission. "When do you think we get a chance at the fun part S.T.A.B.?" He asked his Gallade who replied with a confused tone, "Well she's got to let me go hunt something down right. That's kinda the reason why I work for her!" He said as his chandelure and Gallade cominues to practice their "double move" which was a 4 step strategy that Spike had created specifically for S.T.A.B. and Chandelure to use when catching a pokemon. It consisted of Chasing down the target with Gallade to make then run into a trap where Chandelure up ahead of them to use Haze making it harder to see, and then ended with either S.T.A.B. using Thunder wave or Chandelure using Confuse Ray. "I just want to go on a mission already." Spike said to himself as he sighed.

Midnight sighed to herself as she thought of what Zenix did to the Pokémon. She got up and lazily walked to where her Houndoom was. She had heard him barking, the sound coming from the training room. She didn't look like she had cried anymore which was a good thing. She took off her mask, putting it in her jacket, and pulling up her hood. She entered the training room to see that her Houndoom was barking at a Gallade and a Chandelure with their trainer. She sighed and touched her Houndoom's back, making him jump slightly and look back at her. "Stop it," she commanded him with a slight growl to her voice. He stopped barking but he was growling. Midnight looked at the trainer and his Pokémon, quickly making her eyes back to the trainer.

"Cmon guys!" Spike said to the pokemon. "Strength is important, especially when you guys can use both of your attack together." S.T.A.B. and Chandelure nodded in agreement. Spike turned around to see someone at the door of the training room. "Hey. You got a name?" He asked the girl, his pokemon turned around to see what was going on.

Midnight stared at the trainer, her coldness returning to her eyes. "Midnight, what is your name?" She asked the trainer with her regular tone, as if noting had happened on her latest job.

"I'm Spike. The Gallade is S.T.A.B. and the chandelure is well chandelure." He told the girl. "Is something up?" He asked the girl, "you look scared, or nervous." Spike stopped and looked at her pokemon. "He sure looks protective of you."

(Sorry for being inactive.)
Zack finally got back to base, bringing with him the Lopunny and Klaus, and walked to Janette's room."Boss?I got it." He said showing the pokemon.
Janette turned to Zack and saw him carrying the unconscious Lopunny. "Excellent Zack, did the trainer suspect anything?" She asked with a smirk.

Midnight chuckled as her look in her eyes grew, her normal look, the one the was cold. "Yes, I'm fine. Houndoom however, is not. He thinks you're a threat," she said with a smirk. "Don't worry Houndoom, they're not a threat," she said with her smirk and her cold look.

"Well I'm not a threat... to people I know. Some people on the other hand don't deserve mercy nor justice, they only deserve suffering and pain." Jag said. There was a pause. "Sorry about that.. I was just thinking about something.. anyways we should probably get back to training. Goodbye, Midnight. S.T.A.B., Chandelure were off." He sad as they walked away.

Midnight walked out of the training room, dragging her Houndoom with her. "I don't want to go back to my room, or see Janette. I can't beleive she did that. And I know she did it on purpose. Zenix was perfectly fine on his own," she mumbled her complaint as she walked around the Base, not know what to do.

Zenix walked out of his room and walked around the base, trying to clear his mind of what happened. He wasn't paying attention to where he was going and bumped into Midnight. "Sorry," he said.

Midnight was taken by surprise at someone bumping into her. "Watch it," she warned coldly as she continued on her way. Houndoom barked a warning with a growl as Midnight pulled him away to continue to walk around the Base.

"Well, I am bored." Steve sighed. He returned Steven to it's Pokeball, and walked out, Hugger following. He walked out and bumped into Midniht. "Whoops, sorry." Steve said. "I wasn't watching were I was going." Steve then started to walk towards the Boss' office.

Midnight sighed as yet another person had bumped into her. Houndoom barked and growled his warning but Midnight had pulled him to the kitchen. She grabbed a Dr.Pepper and took a drink as she looked at her Houndoom. "I need to get you a new collar," she muttered with a sigh. At least it'll take my mind off of what happened earlier, she thought as she leaned against a counter.

Steve walked into Janette's Office. "So, Boss. Is the Airship I used, mine?" Steve asked. "Or are they all shared between all of the hunters. I want to know if I can add some stuff to it, until I get a new Mission."

"No, it's not yours," Janette replied, "All of the airships and vehicles are shared by all hunters. As for adding modifications, go right ahead. Just as long as you don't break it or make it look ridiculous."

Midnight sighed as she walked out of the kitchen, her Houndoom obediently following her. She pressed on her Umbreon's Pokéball making her Umbreon come out. Her Umbreon jumped on her shoulders, her stomach on Midnight's neck, and her Houndoom walked at her right, keeping guard thhough she hardly needed it. She went into her room, slipped her combat boots on, and headed out the door of the Base to get a collar for her Umbreon and Houndoom. Both her Pokémon remained in their spots, a common thing for them.

"Alright." Steve sighed. He exited the Office, and went to the airship. He toke out some paint, and painted it camouflage. "I am glad I bought this stuff." Steve said. He went back into Janette's Office. "I painted it Camouflage, so it will be more stealthy." Steve told her.

Midnight walked into a Pokémon store, searching for where the collars usually were. She found them then looked at the larger sizes for her Houndoom first. "What color?" She asked her Houndoom as she looked at the assortment of large collars. Houndoom looked at a black spiked collar that looked just about his size and was his spiked tail. Midnight noticed this and pulled it out for Houndoom. "This one?" She asked, getting a bark of delight in return. She smiled then went to the smaller collars for her Umbreon. She looked at them all then saw one that was black and had blue glowing striped that went up and down. She looked at her Umbreon to see her glowing more than usual with her eyes fixated on the collar. Midnight smiled and went to the register to pay for the collars. After that was done she put the collars on both her Pokémon then began heading back to the Base.

Spike finally gave up on waiting on stormed into Janettes office. "Hey boss can I go on a mission already!? I'm getting sick of waiting, I'm great in the dark, and S.T.A.B., Chandelure, and I are tired of trainer just to do nothing! So can just go on a mission already!?" He yelled. "We'll take on anything you throw at us! Well even hunt down a Wild Rhyperior!" He said

Janette looked up at Steve. "Alright, thank you Steve," she said. She then saw Spike storm into her office. "Mr. Spike, I do not appreciate you barging into my office and yelling at me to demand a mission," she scolded him in a ticked off tone.

"My apoligies, boss. It's just that I'm your newest and youngest recruit I've been training day and night and I haven't been doing anything to prove that." He explained. "I just feel that once I get on my first mission I'll get to see exactly how this whole hunter thing works and progressively get better." He said. "Just this once give me anything. I promise you we'll get the job done." He said.

Janette sighed and got out a folder. "Fine, here," she said and tossed it to Spike, "This is your target. Amaura." In the folder was a picture of an Amaura and its information. "You are to capture this Amaura from Oreburgh and bring it back here."

"Thanks boss! I promise you we will not fail." Spike said as he a dashed to the training room to grab S.T.A.B. and Chandelure then headed to the storage room to grab a fairly large retractable cage. He left the base and headed straight for Oreburgh.

When he got there him S.T.A.B. and Chandelure split up to check the outside area of Oreburgh, they found nothing, and then realized that maybe someone had caught the Amaura. "Guys were going in just stay in your pokeballs until I give the signal." They both nodded in agreement and followed his orders. "Alright let's see who's still awake." Spike didn't have to search very long, as he was headed near the northwest of the town he found a young looking man, about Spikes age, tending to his pokemon. A Jolteon, a Herdier, and an Amaura. "Thus should be easy." He said to himself "Chandelure STAB get out here." He said. "Chandelure, go for the Haze then confuse ray on the trainer, STAB you paralyze the Jolteon and Herdier then the Amaura then I'll use the cage. Got it? Break." Chandelure went ahead first and used Haze to make it harder for the trainer to see them while STAB and Spike snuk near the trainers house "STAB. Go through with the plan." He said as the Gallade went forward and paralyzed all three of the pokemon and Chandelure used confuse ray. After that Spike just threw the cage and it grew large enough to catch the Amaura. He managed to pick it up himself but before he left he said "hey just to let you know I'm not just doing this for the money." AND all three of them dissappeared into the haze. "STAB escape maneuvers Teleport us outta here and to the base." The Gallade nodded and they were sent right outside the base.

Midnight sighed as she walked into the Base with her Pokémon now collared. "What to do now," she mumbled to herself as she continued to walk down the hall. She looked around for something to do then she saw the training room. "Lets train," she told her Pokémon as she walked into the training room with her Pokémon following her.

Steve left, and went to his room again. "What now?" Steve asked himself. "I guess I can train." Steve entered the training area. "Alright Hugger, its you time to show hoe powerful you can be." Steve told Hugger. Steve walked into the Battle Area. "This looks pretty nice." Steve said to himself, looking around the battlefield.