• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Life as a Hunter

As Spike walked into the base he noticed that Midnight and someone he doesnt know we're walking back into the base. "Hm. I guess they were just out." He said to himself. He walked inside the base and headed towards Janettes office he knocked kn the door and then proceeded to enter. "Hey boss I got it." He said as he showed her the Amaura.

Mason sees people coming in and out of the training room. He finds it distracting. So, he goes decides to go to his own room. "Let's go Metang, good job working on that move." Metang gives a cry as a response. Mason takes off his shirt and goes to his room but his shorts fell. "Baggy, stupid..." he complained about his shorts as he put it back on. He glances around to make sure no one is doing stuff that would be inappropriate. "No one, good," he sighed.
After he entered his room, he decided to request a mission already. He pushed the button which was on the wall that sends a message asking his boss a mission. "If I could get a mission in a city, I can test my new item."

Midnight sighed as she walked into the Training room and looked around. She noticed quite a bit of people were in the Training room so she left. She put her Houndoom back in his Pokéball as she began to walk around the Base. Out of the corner of her eye she noticed Mason pushing the request button and with a sigh she thought about heading to the nearby forest. She decided it was a good idea since the forest calms her down so she walked out of the Base using the back door. She headed out into the forest and when she saw it a soft smile was placed on her lips. She headed further into the forest, headeing to the cliff that she always sat down at the edge. She reached it, sat down at the edge, and dangled her feet from the edge. It was pretty far down though Midnight didn't care and she stared at the bottom which was hardly noticeable if it wasn't for the glowing river that streamed across the bottom into a lake further out.

Janette received a mission request and found out that it was from Mason. She looked through the files and found the perfect mission for him. "Mason, please come to my office immediately," she said through the microphone.

Zenix walked around the base and saw that Midnight went out. He decided to follow her. He followed her through the forest and stopped as she sat down on the edge of a cliff. He watched her from behind a tree.

Midnight had a feeling of being watched and she never had that feeling even when she was in the forest. Her cold glare and look came back to her as she looked behind her, only to see Zenix. Her eyes widened in shock but they soon returned to they're cold glare. "What are you doing here?" She asked him coldly with a glare as a growl erupted from her throat.

Zenix sighed and came out from behind the tree. "Geez, do you have to be hostile towards me all the time?" He said as he walked towards Midnight, "I just came to see if you're alright."

Midnight growled at Zenix and turned her head away from him, looking back down at the rushing river. "Yes," she said with her usual demeanor. "And I'm fine," she added as she continued to look down at the river.

Zenix sighed and sat down next to Midnight. "You sure?" He asked as looked down at the river, "Because you looked looked like you were horrified during that mission."

Midnight sighed but she didn't look at Zenix. "Yes, I'm fine," she said as she turned her head away from Zenix, looking at the trees. She noticed a Fletchling staring at them and she gave it a glare, causing it to fly off.

Zenix glanced at Midnight and then back at the river. "I get it if don't want to talk to me anymore," he said, "You saw what I am like during a mission, so I get it."

Midnight looked down at the grass, and began to pull at it. "It's not that, I don't want to get close to anyone," she said sadly as she continued to look at the grass, thinking of when her parents died.

Zenix began to stand up. "I see," he said, "I guess.....I'll just leave you to yourself then...." He then started to walk away but then stops. "I'm sorry.... that you had to go through with that mission." He then slowly walked to the forest.

Midnight looked down at the rushing river as Zenix left but didn't stop him. She squeezed her eyes shut as she tried to get the memory of her family's death out of her head which only brought it closer. Fire was everywhere when a Pokémon's move back fired and hit the house. She barely managed to escape with her Houndour and her Eevee in their Pokéball's. She remembered screaming their names as the house burned, the wood dropping to the ground. Being pulled by one of the people from the mission, a hand covering her eyes and trying to speak to her soothingly. She screamed and cried their names but they didn't come out of the house. Midnight shivered and shook at the memory, tears building up in her eyes. She always cried alone and she was going to keep it that way.

Jagged gave up on waiting and left the pokemon he captured on the door of Janette's office. He found himself in the forset his only light was Chandelure and his companion was Gallade. "Hey buddy remember when you were a Ralts and we would run around in the field of the house." He asked the Gallade as it nodded. "Yeah I remember to, it's just that I can't get it out of my head anymore." The Gallade looked at him in confusion. "You know, my mom and dad." The Gallade then realized what he was talking about and sat down next to him patting him on the back. "After mom died we ran away from dad a few years ago." He said. "We're here for a reason, were here to see If we can catch that crystal Onix and avenge my mom." He said as the Gallade nodded. "S.T.A.B., Chandelure, you guys have been my only friends for as long as I can remember. We aren't bad people, we're just good people doing something for the wrong reason." He said as he looked up to the stars. "We're here to get rid of those terrible memories, we're here for each other I swore to protect those I love and care about, and S.T.A.B pledged to protect me as for you Chandelure, you're there to protect S.T.A.B. we look out for each other, but we all have one thing in common." He said. "We all lost the thing we loved the most, and are still trying to find it even though we know that we won't find it." He said.

Midnight realized it was getting dark and the stars were coming out but she didn't move. She didn't want to move as she thought about the person who held her when her parents died. She never saw him again, and she knew it was a male from the voice, it was definitely a male. But where is he now? Janette never talked about him and before she got there, he left. Was he really a part of this Organization? Or was he someone else? He had black leather gloves so I figured he was a part of the Organization but I've never seen him, she thought, and she thought about asking Janette about who it was then thought better of it. If he left before she came, he didn't want to be found, she thought as she sat on the edge of the cliff, listening to the rushing water, and looking at the star filled black sky with a bright crescent moon.

"Finally!" he said excitedly. "Let's go Metang," he grabbed his equipment and ran down the halls and into the office. As he did, he slipped and his head smashed into the desk. He didn't move but stood still as his shorts fell.

Midnight sighed because she knew she had to go back to the Base. "Oh well," she said with a sigh as she began to walk to the Base with her usual cold demeanor. She walked past Spike without realizing it as she looked at the ground. She walked in the back door of the Base and began walking to her room but she had to pass Janette's office first. She saw Mason hit a desk as his shorts fell. She was stunned but it didn't take long for her to turn her head as a blush climbed to her cheeks. She turned the corner and began to walk that way instead of heading to her room. She stared at the floor but her demeanor was off and she slumped her shoulders in front of herself protectively.

Janette sighed in disappointment as she closed her eyes and puts her hand on her forehead. "Mason, this is a serious business," she said, "Try to act professional around here." 'Honestly how was hired in the first place,' she thought to herself.

Corrina walked back into the base with a fireproof net containing a Torracat and two tiny baby Littens. Her job had been to obtain these pokemon who had recently moved with their owner to Sinnoh. The client had wanted the kittens but, as they didn't look old enough to be away from the mother, Corrina just stole them all; no use delivering a product doomed to fail.

Calmly walking down the halls, she knocked on Janette's door. "Ma'am? You wanted me to report back with the pokemon?"

Janette turned to the door and heard Corrina. "Ah yes, come in Corrina," she said with a smirk, giving Corrina to come in, "Were you successful on your mission."

Entering the room, Corrina simply answered, "Very much so, ma'am," she says while holding up the net, revealing the hissing mother cat. "The kittens seemed too young to be healthy without the mother; she was needed to provide the best product," she said as explanation before giving an embarrassed frown.

"I watched that house closely for days; their master was not meant to come home while I was in the house. Something brought him home early. He was no issue; Crawdaunt was able to deal with him with a razorshell to the head and Ariados made sure he was bound with string shot before we left but he may still prove to be an issue," she said, the faintest hint of shame in her usual expressionless monotone. Said Ariados stood by her side, warily watching the fiery cat.

"I see," Janette said, "Well, that is unfortunate. I'll be sure to have someone deal with him." She then turned her attention to the Torracat and the baby Littens. "What would happen if the kittens are separated from their mother?" She asked, hoping to find a solution to this.

"I am not certain; it varies from pokemon to pokemon. Best case scenario, they adapt to their new situation with just a few slight attachment issues. Worst case scenario, they become traumatized to the point they grow more and more violent and insubordinate as they grow," Corrina recited the research she had done flawlessly as the mother cat tried shooting ember attacks through the gaps of the net toward any target see could see.

Ariados ducked under one that nearly hit him and fired a single poison sting into the side of the mother's face, quieting her struggles for the moment.

Janette called the client and told him (or her) about the situation. After five minutes, she hanged up and turned back to Corrina. "He (or she) said to take that chance," she said to Corrina, "Put the Torracat with the other caged Pokemon and meet with client at this spot." She then gave the location to Corrina.

"Yes, ma'am," Corina said, turning to leave without another word. When it came time to cage the mother, the fire type lashed out furiously to stay with her babies, spewing flames everywhere when Corrina so much as attempted to open the net. She eventually had to had Crawdaunt cut open the net and hold the mother in a vice grip while Ariados sprung onto the Littens, who immediately attempted to run. Crawdaunt had to walk into a much large cage than necessary for the mother and let herself be locked in before dropping her.

Corrina called her water type back before cut Ariados' web off the babies, cleaning them off with surprising gentleness before leaving to meet the client. "He had better be on time," she told her shiny Ariados. "I still have to come back for a new job and I have plans for tonight."

A small aircraft descended on the location that Corrina was suppose to meet the client. A woman came out of the aircraft and approached Corrina. "Hello, I'm the client," she said, "I hope you have what I asked for."

The woman smirked as she held the terrified baby Littens in her arms. "Thank you," she said, "Now, just like I promised, here you go." She gave Corrina a briefcase which had the money in it.

"Pleasure doing business with you," although, her deadpan monotone made it impossible to tell if she was being honest.

Getting back in her dark blue, four door car with Ariados relaxing in the backseats, Corrina quickly made her way back to base. It was no time before she was standing outside Janette's office, knocking again.

The woman got back into her aircraft with the kittens and flew off to who knows where.

Janette heard the knocking and faced towards the door. "Enter," she said in the door's direction.

Corrina entered the room without another word and set the briefcase on the desk. "The Torracat was being difficult and is in too large a cage as a result; I didn't want to attack her for fear of hitting the infants," Corrina explained. "What is my next job?" She asked with interest seeping into her voice.

Mason got his head off of the desk. It felt painful for Mason. "Ugh... sorry about that. I just got really excited and..." Mason said in a low voice, "I'm going to rest." He got his shorts up and slowly walked to the area where ice packs are. He got one to help stop his pain on his head. Metang came close to Mason and gave him a small push to get his attention. "Oh! Metang, we can't go on a mission yet. Sorry about that but we will soon." He no longer felt that he needed rest but he wants to have some fun since all he did was making devices. "Metang, why not we have fun using one of my devices... on someone. A prank, you can say." As an idea snapped in Mason's head, he got on Metang to go towards his room to get a device then, he went towards Janette's office door. "Metang, you watch if anyone is coming towards and if someone is, alert me." Metang agreed and went behind him to watch incoming people. Mason quickly installed the device on the door just in time. He quickly walked towards Metang and installed something on him. "When someone enters through the door, their arms and legs will become stuck in ice! It only goes off if someone is sensed through the sensor. Metang, you just stay still and keep watching the door. I'll alert you when you can stop." Mason grinned and waited for someone to pass while he waited in a room slightly away from the office.

Midnight sighed as she peaked back into the hallway to her room. She noticed Mason's Metang, feeling a trick about to go on. "Who are you tricking this time?" She asked Mason, thinking that he was nearby, with a glare at the Metang but she didn't move from her spot. She didn't know where the trap was and she didn't want to get tricked by the trickster.

Last edited:
Corrina entered the room without another word and set the briefcase on the desk. "The Torracat was being difficult and is in too large a cage as a result; I didn't want to attack her for fear of hitting the infants," Corrina explained. "What is my next job?" She asked with interest seeping into her voice.
Janette opened the briefcase and checked to see if all the money was in it. "I see," she said as she closed the briefcase, "Well, there aren't anymore at the moment. For now, you can just rest until I call you again."

Corrina briefly looke d furious at the woman sitting in front of her. Nanette knew she needed all the money she could get and yet she gives all the jobs to other people?!

"I see," Corrina replied icily. "Good day then," this time she barely managed to keep the anger out of her voice.

Janette noticed that Corrina was furious and smirked a bit. She opened the briefcase once more and took out one of stacks. "By the way," she said and tossed the stack to Corrina, "Because you've been doing such a good job lately."

Mason gave a quick peek. He made sure no one saw him and so nobody did. But he saw someone standing, looking around. Whatever, he thought and just waited for someone to pass through his trap already.

Midnight sighed before turning around to head for the kitchen. Sure, she was tired but she wouldn't fall for the trap that was clearly there. She walked into the kitchen, grabbing a Dr. Pepper from the fridge. She leaned against a counter, drinking the Dr. Pepper from the can. She was thinking about how Zenix said he wanted to know if she was okay. "Of course I'm okay, why wouldn't I be," she mumbled to herself with a sigh as she closed her eyes.

Zach returned to his room with Klaus. "Hm, I guess that went well, right?" He said while sitting in his bed and searching in his bag, as he found a tiny necklace, and removed the tiny purple gems from it, grabbing them. "Hey Klaus, I got something for you!" He said as the Sableye saw the gems.The boy launched them to him, who started munching them.The trainer then layed down in the bed and rested.

Zenix walked through the halls of the base and entered his room. He sat on his bed and sighed. He is still worried about Midnight and hopes that she is alright.