• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Life as a Hunter

Zenix watched as Midnight entered his room and saw that she was about to cry. "W-Why are you crying?" He asked her. Gardevoir looked up at Midnight, still in tears and still hugging Zenix.

Midnight felt even more distress for the Gardevoir and tears slid down her face. "P-please calm down, Gardevoir," she said as the sadness was quite close to being too overwhelming.

Gardevoir shook her head. "I can't!" She said, of course only Midnight can understand what she's saying, "I-I just can't! I lost my trainer.... I couldn't do anything to save her.... I could've done something... I could've done at least something!!" Gardevoir then buried her face on Zenix's shoulder to cry some more.

Zenix couldn't understand what Gardevoir said, seeing as he can't speak Pokemon, but he knows she's in pain.

Midnight began to cry, feeling the Gardevoir's pain. "I-its alright! If y-you couldn't do anything, at least you tried! And I-I know, how i-it feels to lose someone like that, to not be able to do anything but I-I've come this far on my own, but you have someone," she said, putting her hand on the wall to stop herself from collapsing on the floor and crying into the carpet.

Midnight sniffled as she hugged Gardevoir back, burying her face in her shoulder. "I'm sorry," she muttered through tears as she thought of the Gardevoir's trainer. "I'm so sorry," she muttered again, burying her face deeper into the Gardevoir's shoulder.

Zenix could only just watch this scene. Gardevoir eventually wiped her tears away while still hugging Midnight. She then leaned closer to Midnight's ear to whisper something. "Thank you," she whispered.

Midnight smiled as she stopped crying and began to wipe her tears. "You're welcome," she said as she continued to hug Gardevoir but she was wiping her tears. She temporally forgot that Zenix was there.

Gardevoir pulled away from the hug and smiled at Midnight. She then went up to Zenix and smiled at him. She pressed the button of her Luxury Ball on Zenix's belt and returned into it.

Zenix smiled and looked up at Midnight. "You okay?" He asked.

Midnight let go of Gardevoir then remembered that Zenix was here and flushed, wiping her eyes until they were dry. "I'm sorry," she muttered as she reached for Zenix's door to leave his room.

Zenix quickly took hold of Midnight's hand before she could reach the door. "Do you want to talk about it?" He asked. This was not his usual self. He is usually not this caring towards others.

Jagged stood there hugging his pokemon with the shinx on his head. "Guys, I love you but this hug is taking way to long." He said as the all pulled away. "Well then, what are we doing today?" He asked them and got no reply. "Alright, then let's just go walk around then." He said as he grabbed his satchel and began walking through the hallway when he suddenly heard crying. "This is some guy named Zenix's room." Jagged knocked on the door. "Hey, um Zenix's is it, what's going on in there?" Jagged asked as the crying stopped.

Midnight froze when Zenix grabbed her hand and suddenly a knock came from the door. Midnight didn't dare say anything since she knew it was weird enough that she was in Zenix's room but it was even weirder that she was crying with his Gardevoir.

Zenix froze as well when he heard a knock on the door. He was still holding Midnight's hand. "Umm, nothing," he said through the door, "Nothing is going on here."

"If there's crying there's a reason, I should know that from experience." Jagged said as he put his ear om the door. "If you need anything, I'll be in the training room." Jagged said as he pretended to walk away but stood next to the door waiting for someone to come out.

Midnight breathed a sigh of relief as she heard the footsteps of Jagged walk away. "Zenix, I don't want to talk about it, and I'm fine," she said as she yanked her hand away and opened the door, only to see Jagged right there. She cursed under her breath as she closed the door very fast.

"Well then." Jagged said as he saw Midnight walk out. "Nothing, huh, Zenix." Jagged laughed "pathetic. I'm hoping it was Zenix that was crying." Jagged said as he returned shinx to his ball. "Gallade, Chandelure, training room." Jagged told them as he walked away.

Zenix sighed after Midnight said she didn't want to talk about it. He then saw her close the door quickly. "What's wrong?" He asked and heard Jagged's voice, "Aw shoot." He face palmed.

Midnight heard the word pathetic, opened the door and glared at Jagged. "It was his Gardevoir, she was crying," she said, her eyes returning to their stone cold blue. "And if you really want to know, her trainer was killed," she said as she walked out of Zenix's room and bumped Jegged's shoulder then she headed to her room.

"Yeah, well both of my parents were killed!" Jagged yelled as Midnight bumped into his shoulder. "You think it's terrible how a pokemon loses their trainer, try losing both of your parents, along with the home you live in, the house you have, and being forced to use your hatred to do something you don't want to do!" He yelled as he froze breathing heavily In anger.

Zenix watched as Midnight stormed out of his room and heard her snap. He then heard Jagged yell back at her. "This is not going to be pretty," he said as he closed his door. He picked up the invitation on his desk, sat on his bed and read it.

Midnight stopped in the middle of the hallway, listening to Jagged and turned to face him. "Then we are almost the same. The fire that was famous in the outskirts of town, the screaming a seven year old child, that was me, the child. I lost both of my parents that day because someone wanted my mother's Pokémon, which they never got because they died in the fire while I was outside with a stranger that covered my eyes and to this day I don't know who he is!" She yelled back at him, tears coming to her eyes at the memory of the burning fire, the strangers hand, her screaming her parents name.

Jagged stood there frozen. "You know what, this past week hasn't been my favorite and as of right now I don't want to make it worse." Jagged said. "Midnight, just pretend you never knew me, pretend I don't exist, forget anything I ever said to you, and forget that this day ever happened." Jagged said as he turned around heading back towards his room. "I'll see you at the get together tomorrow night." He said as he walked away.

Midnight sighed as she tried to calm herself down, she didn't bother saying anything to Jagged since she didn't want to make anything worse. She walked to her room, opened the door and slammed it behind her. Jack looked very surprised, he heard the whole argument and he honestly thought that they might've gotten along if they didn't have that argument. Jack opened his mouth to say something but Midnight put her hand up to shush him. She sat on her bed and buried her face in her hands. "That Jagged, we're more alike than he thinks. There's no way I can forget that argument," she muttered to herself as she went over the arguement again in her head.

Jaggedwent into his room and locked the door behind him and fell onto his bed and grabbed a pillow trying to suffocate himself while screaming. "Ahhhhhhhhh!" He yelled into the pillow before his Gallade pinned him down. "Alright, alright, I'm calm." He said as the Gallade let go of him. "We both lost out parents, but she doesn't get to hear the whole story." Jagged said as he sighed. "Gallade, how many pokemon did mom have?" He asked him as he wrote on a paper thirteen. "And dad?" He wrote down seventeen. "And how many did I have at the time of their death?" He wrote three. "Thirty three in total." Jagged said to himself. "How long did we leave?" He asked as the Gallade wrote down ten. "Fourty three, now I have." The Gallade wrote down four. "Four? But, didn't she die with mom?" He asked the Gallade as he shook his head no. Jagged sat there silent. "How?" He asked himself. "How could she have survived that long, and without care." Jagged asked himself as he pulled out another picture of an Absol. "Mom, had her, her name was Virgo, becuase she was the perfect partner, she was tough, and she was hard to break, but once you got through to her, she was the best friend in the world." Jagged said as Gallade nodded. "But I never gained her trust." He said as the Gallade pointed to the date and location of the photo. "It's the only place she knows, and she'd go back there, becuase she knew it was safe there." He said to them. "Boys, we're heading out." Jagged said as he grabbed the photo, his satchel and Shinx's ball and ran out of his room, leaving the drawer open and door slightly open as he ran off. "We're finding her, by tonight." He said to himself.

Midnight sighed as she got up from her bed and headed toward her door. "Stay here, I need to talk to Jagged," she said as she walked out of her room and headed towards Jagged's door. She hesitantly knocked on the door, not knowing if he'd answer or not, or even if he was there.

Jagged had ran out of the base making sure nobody was watching him as he ran of towards the east of the base. "How far is the cliff from the river, again?" Jagged asked Gallade and Chandelure as they didn't respond. "Right, you're not human." Jagged said as they kept running. "I think it was about three miles or so." Jagged said as he came up with an idea. "Gallade think you can teleport us three miles?" Jagged asked as the Gallade nodded and harnessed his energy to teleport them two miles towards the east. "Good enough we can run the rest." Jagged said as they kept running.

When Jagged didn't answer Midnight figured that he went out to cool down, kind of like she did. So she left the Base through the back door and headed out toward her spot on he cliff. Once she got there she sat down, letting her legs hang as she watched the river flow.

Jagged made it to the cliff where the photo was taken and his pokemon split up to search for Virgo. "Virgo! Virgo it's me! Jagged! Remember? Come on out, don't be afraid!" He yelled as he got no response and saw nothing. "She doesn't come to you becuase Jagged isn't your name idiot." Jagged thought to himself as he went towards the top of the cliff. "Virgo! Virgo! It's." Jagged hesitated. "It's Jason!" He yelled from the top of the cliff as he saw a figure appear near the bottom of the cliff.

Midnight heard yelling but shrugged it off as she watched the water flow. She thought it was absolutely beautiful, the way the fish Pokémon jumped from the water and landed back in, the way the river flowed. She would draw it but she forgot her sketch pad and a pencil so she just watched the Pokémon jump from the river.

Jagged saw the figure and went to the end of the cliff to get a better view. "Woah that is Virgo!" He said not realizing that there was someone there. "Gallade! Jumping, three two one!" He counted before he jumped where the Gallade at the bottom caught him. "Best catch yet buddy." Jagged said as he walked towards the figure. "Virog, it's me Jason, remember? You were one of my mother's pokemon." He said as the figure came out of hiding and Jagged saw that it was indeed Virgo. "Virgo!" He said as he wen to go hug her. "You're alive!" He said as the pokemon nudged him. "Where's your pokeball?" He asked, when he realized what had happened. "You, weren't in your pokeball when my mom was attacked, we're you, that's why you're alive." Jagged said as the Absol nodded. "Well I'm the only one that's left in the family. I found Shinx though." He said as he released the Shinx where he jumped onto Absol's back. "Hm, guess you guys remember each other, lets go to the cliff." Jagged said as they walked to the top of the cliff where Jagged realized that there was someone there. "Who are you?" He asked not realizing it was Midnight.

Midnight turned around upon hearing Jagged. "Jagged, look I'm sorry. I didn't mean to start anything," she said as she jumped to her feet, looking at Jagged and his Pokémon. "And I promise I didn't follow you, I come here from time to time," she added as she shifted nervously on her feet.

Jagged stood there realizing it was Midnight. "I believe you and I guess you're forgiven, but only becuase I just found two old friends of mine that I thought were dead." Jagged said to her. "Sure is nice out here, the river view and all." Jagged said. As he sat down on the cliff's edge with his feet dangling.

Midnight sighed in relief as she looked at Jagged's two friends. "They seem very nice," she said as she noticed the Shinx on the Absol's back. She sat next to Jagged and let her feet dangle as well, smiling at the river. Suddenly, her Houndoom came out and looked at Jagged and his Pokémon. "Don't you dare," Midnight said as she held her Pokémon's horn when she noticed he was about to growl. "Sit," she ordered and he sat down as ordered.

Midnight thought about it and tilted her head toward Houndoom. "Well, I come here for a lot of things. Like when I need to cool down after I get mad or when I'm sad and I need to cheer myself up because-" she said and chuckled, "-well, no one would try." She looked at Houndoom that nudged her and smiled at him.

"Cool, I'd do the same thing but I prefer trees." Jagged said. "Just the other day, I found a tree and fell asleep on it for a while before waking up and running back to the base." He said as he laughed. "Anyways, I'm heading back to the base before anyone notices I'm gone." Jagged said as he got up. "See you there." He said.

Midnight nodded as she stood up. "That sounds like a good idea," she said as she let go of Houndoom's horn and began to think about their talk. She smiled and started walking back to the Base with her Houndoom.

John had been looking for a ursaring when he heard something walking. John acted quickly pulling out his tranquilizer gun and shooting it off... The trainquilizer dart just barley missed midnight. "Your no ursaring what are you doing around here at night or morning I don't what time it is" John yelled in his Australian accent. "Wait you look familiar... Is that you midnight" John said looking closely.

Midnight was surprised when John almost hit her with he trainiquilzer but luckily she dodged it. "John? What are you doing here?" She asked as her Houndoom growled at John but Midnight held him still.