• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Kanto: The New Gym Leaders

"He is actually more of a grass type user, heh, he managed to beat the great Koga! It was astounding, his power was nothing else, using multiple attacks at once to create some toxic moves."

"Yeah I guess so," Christopher replied, "I`m getting tired, so we may want to go to a hotel for the night," he added, "Or we could get to Saffron and hit the hay there," he added, "It wasn`t much of a walk to get here," he said as they both left the gym, "But I don`t know if I could do even that distance,"

" Brian do you wanna battle the gym leader first?" Asteria asked as she looked at Brian with worried eyes sense she was a bit nervous about battling a poison type gym leader. "Also what if I can't beat the gym" the female mumbled as she took Titania out, "Nia we need to train hard before we battle the gym okay?" Asteria said as the Kirlia in her arms noded her head

He'd look at Asteria's Kirlia with curiosity. "I assume you would be a Fairy type trainer? Here, have these, they might come in handy." He'd take two TM's, one for Psychic and the other for Flash Cannon. "Use them as you will, it would be a disgrace for someone to lose to my daughter. So don't lose!" He'd clear his throat. "Well, we're here. If you two want to come in, you may."

"wow, thank you so much" Asteria eclaimed with smile as she nervously went inside, "um Mr.Koga the person you were talking about the guy that used grass types did he so happened to look like a female and have really pale hair?" Asteria asked as Titania played with some of Asterias hair

"yes, I know Abbey we've met when we first started our journey, is he doing well?" Asteria asked as she tried to stop Titania from messing up her hair. "I haven't seen Abbey in forever the last time I saw him was when we stayed at my aunt's hotel near Cerulean City" Asteria stated

Brian looked at Asteria with a smile "Sure, but don't let the type disadvantage get you down, I know you'll beat her." He said before he blushed when Koga called him Asteria's 'boyfriend' and tipped his hat to cover his eyes. "We're... we're not dating..."

"Well we're here" He opened up Abbey's room to see the Nurse keeping track of her pulse and keeping the blood loss rate down. "I'm here with some of his friends. So how's he doing doc?"
"We are barely keeping him alive, he might recover from this, but to be certain is unknown."

"w-what happened?" Asteria stuttered out in shock at what she was seeing, Asteria handed Titania over to Brian as she walked over to where Abbey was. "Mr. Koga how did this happen?" The blonde asked as she looked at him with a worried expression

"Well, the story is interesting. He told me this before we got here. Actually before that, I came down from the Plateau to substitute my daughter as the Fuschia Gym Leader for a day as she was out sick. Abbey was the only one to challenge me that day and he surprisingly beat me." Abbey's Pokemon came out from hiding behind the nurse. "I wanted to talk to him later and he came back the next day as I gave him a Roselia. My interest in him was just due to his split personality, the timid and kind person and the psychopathic killer. I managed to spot something in his eyes during our battle, he showed me his giant bullet sized wound in his chest which was covered in shadows. That was the reason Abbey was even alive. I recognized it as the ominous shadow type, something that infested Pokemon closing their hearts and making them stronger beyond comprehension. A friend from years ago from the region that this shadow poison came from, Orre, which is where Abbey is from. He gave me a vial of purification liquid. We decided to use it on him once we got him hooked up here. His hair turned back to it's natural purple and her skin returned to a normal pale and his eyes blue." He looked at the unconscious Abbey. "He also told me how he got it."

"Im super tired Id peter to go to bed now, but first I need to heal up my pokrmon" Micheal explained. Micheal went up to the pokecenter and healed all his pokemon. On the way back Micheal saw a store and went into buy some Tm's. "Excuse me can I please buy erthquake and shadow claw." Micheal asked the counter. Once Micheal left the store he went to the hotel and fell asleep.

"oh my god, I can't believe something like that would happen, Mr. Koga do you mind if I stay here until Abbey wakes up?" Asteria asked as she looked at Abbey's unconscious form. "Brian you can go ahead, but I want to stay behind so I can be here when Abbey awakens" Asteria stated as she gave Brian a quick kiss on the cheek before returning Titania and going back to Abbey

"Yes, I actually needed someone to stay with him. I have to head back to the Plateau to resume my role as Elite Four Koga. Goodbye, and may our paths cross once again, also here." He hands her three bike passes for the Celadon City Bike Shop with instructions on it. "Farewell." He heads out and leaves.

Asteria placed the tickets into her bag before looking down at Abbey and sighing, "I can't believe this happened to you..." Asteria whispered as she sat at the foot of the bed. She then let her Kirlia out, once Titania popped out of her pokeball the fairy type sat next to Abbey and frowned, "he's sleeping right now Nia, don't bother him, he needs to rest" the blonde quitely stated as the Kirlia noded her head

*Ring Ring*. "uh what Micheal" moaned. Micheal grabbed his phone and answered it. "Hello Micheal france" Micheal answered the phone. "Yeah Mike It's Dad Um Koga needs some help" Micheals Dad explained. Micheal put his clothes on and hes sunglasses. Micheal sent a mesage to Christopher telling him where he was. Micheal got on his bike road to Celadon Hospital, and rushed inside he got clearenc from the reception and went to the room, and saw a boy lying unconsciuss and a girl by his side. "Hey Names Micheal do you know who this is, Koga told me to come over." micheal explained

Last edited:
Christopher got Michael`s message as he was checking his pokegear in his room, "Wonder whats happening," he said, "Ok guys, come out," he said opening four pokeballs which his pokemon all came out from, While togedemaru took a pillow from Christopher`s bed to sleep on, honedge and bronzor sat on the floor. Lucario held his face at the window as Christopher got into bed, "You ok?" Christopher asked as the lucario stared at the Celadon hospital, something strange must of been happening there.

Brian tipped his hat once more to Koga. "Thank you very much." he said before he slowly walked up to Abbey with an almost blank look on his face. "I can't begin to imagine how painful it must've been for you and your Pokémon..."

"Brian luv, I'm gonna go get some snacks do you want anything?" Asteria asked as she picked Titania up they could get some snacks. The blonde female then looked down at Abbey and frowned "Abbey I'm so sorry, I'm sorry that I never noticed you were in pain, I'm sorry that I simply ignored you" Asteria whispered before waiting for Brian's response about the snacks

"I suppose I could eat, I'm not too picky." Brian replied before he turned back to Abbey. "We could have- no... should have been there for you." He said quietly. Gallade came out of his Poké ball and placed a hand on his trainer's shoulder. "Thanks Gallade." Brian said with a small smile. "Stay strong, Abbey." Brian said.

"Okay Im sorry you guys are upset and Abbey isn't in the best situation but I need you to pay me some attention are either of you gym leaders this is important" Micheal explained." Because there a group of people going after novice gym leaders so god dammit are you novice gym leaders or not!" Micheal shouted annoyed.

Abbey slowly opened his eyes with him looking around the room. His weakened expession spread around his eyes and he saw his Pokemon, Brian, Asteria, and Micheal. "He..he.eh..ey, u-u-um..." He starts to cough out blood as he tries to keep a positive expression on his face.

Gary was discharged from the hospital and took on Janine, getting more and more frustrated by the invisible maze. "Janine, I challenge you!" Janine laughed. "So be it! Have at you! It will be 3v3."

Gary sent out his Hitmonchan and Janine sent out a Muk. "Hitmonchan, Fire Punch!" Hitmonchan threw a fiery punch at Muk, dealing a lot of damage. "Toxic!" Muk spat out a toxic blob, badly poisoning Hitmonchan. "Fire Punch!" Hitmonchan took out Muk and had to face a Venomoth. "Psybeam!" Venomoth fired a beam that hurt Hitmonchan a lot. "Fire Punch!" Hitmonchan used another Fire Punch and took out Venomoth before fainting from the poison. Janine sent out a Crobat and Gary sent out his Toxicroak. "So you see the beauty in Poison types too? How nice." Janine said before attacking. "Brave Bird!" "Sucker Punch!" Toxicroak delivered a swift jab before getting taken out by the Brave Bird, Crobat also fainted from the recoil and Sucker Punch.

"Good job, you deserve the Soulbadge." Janine said as Gary took his badge and made his way to Saffron, not entirely sure if he could take on Psychic types but he'll just had to see.

When Asteria saw Abbey wake up the female was instantly at his side, but her face controted from being happy to being shocked when Abbey started coughing up blood. "Abbey, how are you feeling?" Asteria stupidly asked, she didn't know why she even asked him sense it was quite obvious

"O--ok, just gotta pull through, ri-right?" He put on the sweetest smile which seemed kinda creepy due to the tired eyes and bloody mouth. "I guess I should give explaination for this." He starts to gag on some of his own blood as he struggles to breathe as he manages to get some air in. "Heh, heh."

"Hey hey, don't push yourself, take it easy." Brian said to Abbey. "You don't have to explain if you don't have the strength for it, but I'm more concerned for your health than my own curiosity." He added as he went to sit down near Abbey.

Abbey lied down and relaxed and his Breloom worried with Nuzleaf trying to comfort Roselia. His eyes shut and the nurse came in to knock him out and to give him medication and to check all vital signs and everything. "Your friend will recover within a week surprisingly. His injuries have been partly healed on its own over time. It is just the hole which needs to heal and some of his internal organs."

As Gary returned to the less destroyed Saffron City, he decided to text Validus and Mickey. "Am in Saffron getting my sixth badge, if you want to meet me, go to Silph Co between 2 and 3 since I'll for Cinnabar at 3." After hitting send, Gary got to Sabrina by more luck than skill.

"I know why you are here, go Kadabra!" Sabrina said as her Pokéball opened on its own and released a Kadabra. "Go Pangoro!"Gary release his Pangor and ordered it to use Crunch, taking out Kadabra. "Not bad, Mr. Mime!" Gary returned his Pangoro for his Toxicroak since he expected a Fairy move. "Dazzling Gleam!" Mr. Mime let out a burst of light before getting hit by a Poison Jab, getting knocked out. "Alakazam!" An Alakazam came out of a Pokéball and destroyed Toxicroak with Psychic. "Pangoro!" Gary released his Pangoro and a Crunch quickly took out Alakazam.

"I must admit, I did not go all out. Here's your badge." Sabrina said as she gave the Marshbadge to Gary and he made his way out of the gym and towards the destroyed Silph Co.

"Abby you can do this" Micheal reassured Abby but mostly himself.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"Kai I need you to complete a mission for me If you do this I will make you a gym leader." A mysterious man asked Kai.
"Yes sir!" Kai shouted.
"This mission involves you attacking 4 novice gym leaders in the celadon gym one of which is unable to fight, we have already sorted out you and the grunts being able to get into the hospital easy." The mysterious man explained.
"Yes sir!" Kai shouted.

Asteria placed her hand on Abbey's hand and smiled at the male. "Abbey you need to rest, but if theirs anything you need make sure you ask me because you cant really rely on Brian over there" Asteria joked trying to lighten the mood. "Now does anybody here want snacks cuz I was going to go grab some, so if you want something to eat you better tell me now" the blonde stated as she waited for the rest of their replies

Kai pushed the door open "Thanks Asteria Im famished" Kai joked. "Go Magmor use fire blast on Micheal" Kai commanded. a stream of fire shot from Magmors mouth.
"Crap go Sandlash use defensw curl. Micheal commanded. Sandslash took the blast head on.
"Grunts come on out!" Kai announced. 5 grunts came in and sent out there pokemon (Ghastly, Haunter, Heatmor, Hitmonchan and Mankey)

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
Mickey said to Validus:"Well now we both have bout 8 badges we could go to help Gary win his others. I could catch more one Pokemon."

“Sure. I will follow you. I still need to find a good place to make my gym.” Said Validus. “I thought about Viridian, but I would have to wait for Blue to retire, which could be a long time. Pewter could work too, but, while Brock is old, he isn’t that old. No other city really makes sense for a ground type gym. Maybe Cinnabar because of the volcano? Blaine is pretty old.”

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
"I dont know.I thought about Pallet Town.There are no Gyms"said Mickey while they were walking to meet Gary.
"Oh,snap,I forgot to send Gary message to ask him where is he at"remembered Mickey

Lucario still stared out the window, something was off, soon he decided it was probably nothing, walking over to togedemaru`s pillow and laying down next to it, he fell asleep quickly from being so tired from the gym battle earlier, "Carrr," they said slowly and quietly as he fell asleep.

Gary got a message from Mickey and sighed before texting back. "Saffron, in front of Silph Co. Just like I said in my previous text." He hit send before sitting down. This was gonna take longer than expected.

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
"Hey,Validus,I got message from Gary. It says that he is in Saffron. Lets go there!"said Mickey started walking and than stopped.
" But first I will fish something with this Master Rode I got on Cinnabar"

One Week Later

Abbey walked out of the hospital with his Pokemon next to him. He sighed and felt like he owed everyone an explaination. He had bandages still wrapped around the wound with his off shoulder top covering them. He had no idea where Asteria or Brian went so he just decided to find a place to stay for a little bit.

A week after Christopher had beaten the Celadon city gym, he had already beaten Sabrina and was now up to the Fushcia gym, he walked in and was greeted by Janine, Koga`s daughter and the new poison type leader, he challenged her and the battle begun, "Go crobat," the leader said throwing a pokeball, "Go scizor!" Christopher said throwing a pokeball, earlier that week he had traded bronzor for a scyther holding a metal coat.

"Bullet punch now!" Christopher yelled, the scizor quickly flew forward and punched crobat quickly, "Wing attack!" Janine commanded, crobat swung its wings at scizor from a close range but it quickly flew backwards dodging the hit, "Bullet punch!" Christopher repeated, scizor swiftly flew and punched at the crobat making it faint.

"Go Ariados," the leader said throwing a pokeball, "Scizor, return," Christopher said returning the pokemon to it`s pokeball, "Let`s go Togedemaru!" he said throwing a pokeball, togedemaru jumped out exited, "Zing zap now!" Christopher said, togedemaru happily charged up energy and rolled at Ariados, "Poison Jab!" Janine yelled, ariados was shocked with a powerful hit and when it tried to fight back, it couldn`t do a thing and fainted, "Return," the leader said, the battle was one sided, steel just didn`t care about poison.

"Go weezing," Janine said throwing a pokeball, "Double hit!", "Zen headbutt," Christopher responded, togedemaru jumped at weezing, weezing then hit togedemaru to the ground, "Gyro Ball!" Janine commanded, weezing slammed onto togedemaru taking it out, "Return!" Christopher said.

"Go Scizor!" Christopher said throwing a pokeball, "Explosion!" Janine said Instantly, Weezing blew up and the two pokemon both fainted, "Go doublade!" he said throwing a pokeball to reveal his newly evolved honedge, "Go venomoth," Janine said throwing a pokeball, ""Aerial ace!" Christopher commanded, the pokemon flew at venomoth and slashed at it once each, the venomoth was hit to the floor, "Finish with iron head!" The pokemon slammed into venomoth and it fainted.

"Good job," Janine said as they both returned their pokemon, "I notice you only used steel types, are you going to be a gym leader?" she asked, "Yeah," Christopher replied as she gave him his badge. Christopher walked out of the gym and walked to the pokemon center to heal his pokemon.