• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Kanto: The New Gym Leaders

"I also need one more." Brian said as he gestured his Pokémon to him, his team consisted of Gallade, Gothorita, Espeon, Espurr and a shiny Metang. "I was just gonna wait for Asteria before heading down to the gym, but at this point I dunno if I should just battle now and wait for her afterward." He said as he put his hands in his pockets.

Christopher`s jaw dropped looking at the metang not even noticing the other pokemon, not only was it a shiny, but it was a shiny steel type, "Where did you get this one?" he asked looking at it from a closer distance. He then looked at the other pokemon, but the metang really stole the show, "So what`s your name?" he asked Abbey.

"I got Metang somewhere in a cave before I made it to Celadon city. Asteria's more of te Metagross expert considering her mother owned one." Brian stated as Gallade and Gothorita weren't surprised at the man's reaction to a shiny, Espurr had no idea what made the shiny so special whilst Espeon felt a little envious of the attention Metang was getting.

Abbey sat and watched them talk as he looked at his team playing around outside. He got on his phone and tried to keep to himself while thinking about what he's gonna do after he gets all the gym badges and maybe become a leader. He looked back up at the two talking. "Um.., s-so, um..." He stopped himself. "Nevermind.."

"Well, I`m probably gonna get going now, I need to train for the next gym," Christopher said, "It was nice catching up with you though," he added as he returned all of his pokemon into their pokeballs, "I guess I`ll be seeing you two around," he said picking up his bag and throwing it over his back.

"Y-yeah, I can trade with you. Just gimme a sec to catch my breath." Gary was leaning against the Pokécenter, still scared after the flight. "Ready?"

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
"Of course. Go Poliwhirl. Catch this." said Mickey and gave his Pokemon King's Rock.
"Who will you trade with" asked Mickey his friend and put back Poliwhirl in ball. Then he put him in trader.
"Soooo..."

(((Sorry for late respond. Wasnt home for some time)))

"I will trade with my Hitmonlee since I'll get him back right away." Gary said as he put his Pokéball in the trade machine. After the trade was done, Poliwhirl evolved into Politoed and Gary traded him back. "Here ya go, enjoy."

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
"Thank you very much. Now my team is full. Good luck at Gym battle I will wait for you on other side of island." said Mickey and left Pokecenter.
While he was going to he saw Validus with Blaine. 'I wont disturb him. Lets just go.' thought Mickey .
He finnaly made it to the beach and there he released all of his Pokemon.
"Go Swampert, Politoed, Gyarados, Vaporeon, Floatzel and Huntail" said Mickey

After a long conversation with Blaine, Validus had reached a conclusion. “Thanks, old man. Remember, since you don’t travel away from this island much, you are always welcome to replace me as leader for a day.”
“I will sometime,” Said Blaine, “And good luck on the gym!”
With that, Validus went off towards the PC ready to tell his friends all about the news. ‘I can’t wait to be an official gym leader, and now I’m so close I can feel it!’ He thought.

Christopher left the cafe and pulled out skarmory`s pokeball, "Come on out," he said opening it. He got on the back of it and pointed at the general direction of Cinnabar, "Right there," he said, skarmory flew up with him on his back and flew towards the island, the back of skarmory wasn`t too spacious, but it got the job done, soon they where just above Cinnabar, "Ok, fly down now," skarmory slowly decended to the island and Christopher hopped off, "Return," he said returning the skarmory to it`s pokeball and walked into the pokemon center.

Gary was leaning against the Pokécenter, waiting for Validus to finish talking as he noticed a Skarmory with a trainer on it. "That's odd. Skarmory are rare outside of Johto." He walked towards the owner of the Skarmory. "Is that Skarmory yours?" He asked the unknown trainer.

Christopher saw the other trainer, "Yeah, I just found it in the safari zone," he replied to the trainer, "It was hard to catch just because of how fast they are, but once I caught him it was easy to get here from Fushcia city," he added, "I`m a steel type trainer, I`m training to be a gym leader,"

Christopher thought about it for a second, "Sure," he replied pulling out a pokeball, "Lucario, come on out!" he said throwing a pokeball up into the air, lucario appeared standing right next to him, "Caarrr," they said, "So what about you?" Christopher asked stepping back a few steps.

"What is that for a Pokémon? If it truly is Steel type, I choose this one. Hitmonlee, let's go!" Gary released his Hitmonlee and grinned. "High Jump Kick!" Hitmonlee jumped in the air and came down with an extended leg, ready to crash into Lucario.

The hitmonlee slammed it`s leg onto lucario dealing a lot of damage and pulling up a bit of dust, "One or two more of those and lucario will be toast," Christopher thought. "Use bone rush," Christopher commanded, lucario created a glowing bone between his hands and swung it at hitmonlee like a sword.

"This is new, Hitmonlee! Use those skinny arms! Brick Break!" Hitmonlee clashed his arms with the bone before getting hit by it, severely damaging the Kicking Pokémon. "Not bad, I am impressed."

"Now use double team!" Christopher commanded, lucario copied itself, surrounding the hitmonlee with five distorted clones, trying to confuse the pokemon and make it attack the wrong one, "Stand still," Christopher said, the lucario clones all stood around the hitmonlee not moving at all, waiting for an attack.

"Smart move, to be expected from a wannabe gym leader. Rolling Kick!" Hitmonlee spun around, attempting to hit all the clones and the actual Lucario. "Come on, hit that weird Pokémon!" Gary thought to himself.

All the clones where destroyed by the kick, but lucario stood on Christopher`s side of the field all along, "Use psychic while he`s still on the ground!" he commanded, lucario glowed a purple aura, his appendages rising, he held one of his palms out towards hitmonlee to attack.

Hitmonlee had no way of countering Psychic and was taken down surprisingly easy. "Good play, but that won't work against this one!" Gary sent out his Pangoro, knowing that Psychic wouldn't work but a Fighting move would cripple him. "Bullet Punch!" Pangoro threw multiple fast punches, hoping that Lucario would faint soon.

The attack`s where so quick and powerful that they took lucario out, "Return," Christopher said returning it to it`s pokeball, "I hope you don`t have a fear of bugs," he said throwing a pokeball, releasing scizor, "Use fury cutter!" he commanded, the scizor flew towards the pangoro attempting to slash at it twice.

"Scizor huh? I know just how to deal with that." Gary returned his Pangoro and sent out his Hitmonchan, getting hit by the Fury Cutter before attempting to use Fire Punch at Scizor.

Scizor was hit hard in the chest taking lot`s of damage, being hit back and burnt, "Now use facade!" Christopher commanded pointing at the hitmonchan, scizor glowed and charged at Hitmonchan to attack, using the burn to it`s advantage to make the attack much more powerful.

Abbey packed up his stuff and took his Pokemon back and decided to head down to the Safari Zone. Once he arrived he requested some Safari Balls and went in with having no idea on where to go. He walked around until a Swadloon jumped him as he quickly caught the Swadloon right after being knocked onto the ground. The ball fell down with the Swadloon inside. "I'll come with a name for you later troublemaker." He headed out and got the Swadloon healed as he got information and tickets for the boat heading toward the Seafoam Islands.

"Mach Punch!" Hitmonchan launched forward, wanting to get a final hit in before he was going down to the Facade. "You are not bad, you'll be a fun gym leader to face in the future." Gary said to his opponent.

The punch hit scizor as it charged at hitmonchan to attack, but didn`t even slow it down a bit,
"Do you want to just finish this battle here, or keep going?" Christopher asked the other trainer, "I`m fine with whatever you want to do," he added.

"Use facade once more!" Christopher commanded, the scizor flew at the hitmonchan and they both hit eachover with their attacks, creating a smoke cloud, after a few seconds the smoke subsided, scizor could be seen on the floor completely unconscious, fainted from the power of the flames.

Hitmonchan was not in a better condition, knocked out from the incredible power of the Facade. "Return Hitmonchan and go Pangoro!" Gary recalled his Hitmonchan and released his Pangoro, ready to fight.

"Go skarmory!" Christopher said throwing a pokeball, skarmory appeared out of the pokeball, "Skaarrrr," they cried, "Fly up and use air slash!" Christopher commanded, the skarmory flew up and flapped his wings quickly creating a cross slash flying quickly from skarmory towards the pangoro.

"Ah crimey, Skarmory. Go for a Vital Throw!" Pangoro got hit by the Air Slash and launched itself at Skarmory, determined to take it down to the ground.

Skarmory was caught and slammed down to the ground, picking up a cloud of dust, "Now, use aerial ace!" Christopher commanded pointing at the pangoro, skarmory quickly got up, got into the air and flew at the pangoro swiftly to slash at it with it`s wings twice.

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
Mickey was coming back from beach when he saw Gary batteling one familiar face. It was Christopher.
"Hello Christopher. I will just watch,wint disturb you."said Mickey and sat on the ground to watch battle of his friend Gary and Christopher. While ha was watching he checked messages from Mom and Dad on his phone

"Well, I'm heading off to the Gym, let's go guys." Brian said as he returned his Pokémon to his Poké balls. "Although I shouldn't be overconfident just because my team as a type advantage..." He muttered as he headed down to the Fuchsia city Gym.

Pangoro got hit directly to the chest, fainting from the damage it took. "Troublesome, troublesome indeed." Gary recalled his Pangoro and sent out his Machamp, Heracross and Toxicroak couldn't do anything against this Skarmory. "Dynamic Punch, hit em hard!" Machamp charged at Skarmory and slugged it. "Heh, gotta love No Guard."

Validus got back to the PC and saw Gary battling an unfamiliar trainer with a steel type pokemon he did not recognize flying in the air. Mickey was watching to the side and Validus sat down beside him and said, “I’m back. Sorry that took so long, but I have good news to share once you’re done with that battle.”

Skarmory took a direct hit from the dynamic punch sending it to the other side of where they where battling, it fell to the ground like scrap metal, it seemed as if it had fainted but, with all it`s might, it began to ascend of the ground and get back into a flying position with a screech, "SCAAAR," but they could only take one more hit, "Use acrobatics!" Christopher commanded pointing at the machamp, skarmory swiftly flew towards machamp.

Machamp took the Acrobatics and took a generous amount of damage. "Counter!" Machamp turned his body and punched Skarmory with all of its might, sending it flying towards a building.