• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Kanto: The New Gym Leaders

Brian was at the table of a café enjoying a cup of tea, he sighed lightly in relaxation as he enjoyed his 'break' from his journey. Meanwhile his Pokémon seemed to be up to their own activities; Espeon and Metang were asleep, Espurr snacked on a Poké puff, Gallade appeared to be flirting with Gothorita while the latter blushed heavily and smiled.

"This is nice. I think we did the right thing taking some time off, can't go and rush everything now; it's better to savor these moments." Brian said as his eyes turned to his Pokémon. "Hmm... I wonder how Abbey's holding up." He added as he looked around to see where he was at.

He decided to reach into is bag and got out a photo which showed a younger Brian, a man in a purple cloak, a woman with a black trench coat, white scarf and white fedora with an Arcanine behind her, most likely a photo of Brian's family.

Christopher walked into the safari zone with a few pokeballs to find a fifth member of his party. after looking around for a while, he saw a skarmory on a branch, "Go pokeball!" he said throwing a safari ball, the skarmory flew off the branch and attempted to fly away, he quickly threw some bait, the skarmory began to fly back and caught the bait in it`s mouth, he threw another safari ball and this time it landed, 1, 2, the safari ball opened and the skarmory came out, Christopher threw a rock at the skarmory this time, "Let`s try that again!" he threw another Safari ball, 1, 2, 3, CLICK, the safari ball clicked and skarmory was caught, he walked over and picked up the safari ball.

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
One week later

After Mickey and Validus fished in Cerulian City and Mickey caught a Shiny Huntail they met with Gary in Saffron City. There they rest few days and decided to countinue their adventures. (((This is what happened in that week)))

"Hey Gary,we were together this whole week and I still didnt asked you where you wanna go next."said Mickey when he and his friends were training their Pokemons in front of Hotel

(((@Pokéboy098 and @DarkHydraT I skiped week for you too guys hope you are not mad at me)))

"I intend to go to Cinnabar Island next, but I don't have a Pokémon with Surf so I'll have to swim there." Gary said whilst doing a sparring match with Machamp. "Afterwards I go to Viridian and try to become an official Gym Leader." He dodged a punch from Machamp and sweeped its leg, causing it to fall. "Work on your defense and keeping your balance." He said as he helped his Machamp get back up.

Abbey got a bus down to Fuchsia City so he could later take a boat down to the Seafoam Islands. He found a hotel at the City and got settled in. He then went down to a Cafe with his Pokemon to enjoy theirselves as he spotted Brian at a table. He walked over there kinda slowly; nervous to talk to him as he felt he caused everyone stress and worry when he was on the brink of death. "Um, hey..."

“You don’t have to swim. You can fly on Formica, my Flygon, with me. I don’t know, but I think it could probably carry at least 2 if not all 3 of us.” Said Validus to Gary after hearing about Gary’s unusual plan to get to the far away island city.

"If you are willing to, and congratulations with getting 8 badges! I'm impressed." Gary said to Validus. "Are you a gym leader already or do you need to prove yourself somewhere?"

“I didn’t think I would make it this far, so I don’t know whether I need to take a test or something, but either way, you can’t be a gym leader without a gym, and I haven’t decided my town yet.” Replied Validus.

Brian put his photo back in his bag and took another sip of his tea, he turned his head when he heard Abbey's voice. "Oh, hey Abbey, how are you holding up?" He asked.

"Oh fine, thanks for asking." he replied as he looked guilty for everything he has done. "Um, I um, do you mind if I sit with you?" His cute tone and appearance made some of the guys from another table turn and look at him as Abbey tried to ignore it but blushed out of sheer embarrassment.

Brian smiled and nodded. "Sure, go ahead, I was just waiting for Asteria." He said as he sipped his tea once more. "So... what was up with you in the hospital; certainly didn't look like an everyday injury." He said.

"That is indeed a problem. What about Lavender? Y'know, with the graves being in the ground and finding bones with archeology?" Gary told to Validus, wondering if he would settle there.

"I guess I kind of owe an explanation." Abbey sighed and started talking. "I was born in the desolate region of Orre in Phenac City. I lived with my ma and pa for about five years until." Abbey started to tear up a little. "These thugs robbed our place and they were shot and killed. They took me as their "prize". I remember being taken to the wasteland they called a town, Pyrite. The thugs raised me as their own for about two years. They treated me kindly surprisingly. They taught me a lot of things, and one of them asked me, "Kid, is there anything you want?" I replied with a simple answer of I guess. I always wanted to try different clothing, of the opposite sex. I don't know, I just liked it. Then one day, I was about eight, they got shot by a gang during an infiltration of our place. Only one member survived, but barely. I got shot with a shotgun, straight through my chest. The living member managed to kill off them with a pistol he had in his pocket, he threw something at me, a vial filled with shadows, darkness, despair. It healed me, it saved me, the shadows filled in the hole. My hair went white, my skin pale, my eyes red. I was corrupted by something that no being should have touched. I was the unfortunate test subject of a project known for creating Shadow Pokemon. It was used on me instead. The man who saved me died shortly after before he handed me an extra vial. He passed shortly after." Abbey started to cry.

Brian's eyes widened as he put down his almost empty tea cup. "I... I can't believe someone suffered something like that... I'm so sorry for... everything you must've been through..." Brian said as he went to put a hand on Abbey's shoulder... His Pokémon appeared to have been listening to Abbey because they too were surprised.

“I don’t know, but Lavender could be OK. I never thought of the graves like that.” Said Validus. “I was thinking Cinnabar because of the volcano, but now I might do Lavender. Your reasoning was pretty good. It is definitely between Lavender and Cinnabar, unless someone else has a better idea. Lavender seems easier since it doesn’t already have a gym.”

"You just need permission and then you're set. I was thinking to make my own gym in the Seafoam Islands since you can train your pokémon, body and mind there and it is cheaper to use a cave instead of making a building." Gary said full passion.

“I actually thought about that too, but I didn’t want to steal it from Mickey if he wanted it, and aside from the beaches, I couldn’t think of many good ways to connect it to the ground-type. Occultatum would probably enjoy it though, I’ll have to bring it when I battle and take your badge!” Replied Validus.

Abbey with no thought hugged Brian sobbing on his shoulder. "I shouldn't have sai-aid any..thing., I'm sorry. I shouldn't be alive...I should be dead, it'd be better that way."

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
"Well I want my Gym to be in Pallet Town,that is best and there is Sea and Beach too. And about going to Cinnabar,I wont go with you. I dont like Flying. I would rather Surf on Swampert." said Mickey to his friends.

(((Tommorow I wont be able to write anything so I give you two permision to go where ever you want I am going too)))

Brian looked at Abbey with a stern look. "Don't say that! Why would you think you should be dead, why would you choose to give up the precious life you were gifted with, hm?" He asked while his Pokémon flinched at Brian's sudden response. "I said this to Asteria once: Don't let the past get you down, it'll effect the future in ways you won't want it to. It doesn't matter how bad the past is, it's the past and not what you should be focusing on."

"That's settled then! Let's all work hard to achieve our goals!" Gary said as he uppercutted the sky. "And to do that, we need to go to Cinnabar!"

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
"Well lets go then”said Mickey
"Uh,we are in Saffron so I got to walk to dock. See ya on Cinnabar my friends" said Mickey and left his friends

"Thanks.." He got off Brian and wiped off his tears. "I..." He stopped talking and just sat there at the table as he let out his Pokemon. He looked around at the scenery and relaxed with a partly upset face. "So u-uh, where are you heading next?"

"I still need to battle the Gym leader here." Brian said as he sipped the last of his tea. "Hopefully, one or two of my Pokémon will evolve during the battle." He said as he looked at his Pokémon, all of which looked enthusiastic for the next battle. He went into his bag and looked at the family photo once more.

"Oh, this? It's just a photo of my family." He said as he showed him the picture of a younger Brian, a man in a purple cloak, a woman with a black trench coat, white scarf and familiar white fedora with an Arcanine behind her. This was taken about 8 years ago.

Christopher walked into a cafe and bought pokepuffs for all of his pokemon, he let them out and they sat at a table and ate, choosing a location away from others so skarmory and scizor wouldn`t be a nuisance. The pokemon began eating, scizor, lucario and skarmory where on chairs with around the table and togedemaru was on the table eating it`s pokepuff. Christopher pulled out his badge case, "Only two badges to go," he said, the pokemon responded happily, "Unfortunately, the next gym is a fire type leader, we will have to work extra hard if we want to defeat it,"

Validus sent out his Flygon, Formica, and said, “Climb on Gary! Set course to Cinnabar!”
As Validus and Gary flew to Cinnabar with Mickey surfing on his Swampert below them, he wondered, ‘Who will challenge me when I’m a Gym leader?

"It must be nice to have a family though." Abbey gave a fake slight sweet smile. He turned his head to see Christopher at another table. "I'll be right back." Abbey would walk over to Chris. "Hey."

Gary was holding on to the Flygon for dear life, he hated flying. "A-are we nearby yet?" Gary shouted to Validus as he tried to not look down. He hoped that the flight would be over soon and that he would not fall off. "I am gonna swim back, this is a nightmare!"

“You’ll be fine! Stop being a baby!” Shouted Validus over the noise of the wind. “Flying on a pokémon is so safe. Even if you fell, my Flygon would catch you. Here it is now!”
Validus had spotted the Island of Cinnabar just up ahead. As his Flygon landed, he helped Gary off of it and onto the sort of firm sand that was Cinnabar. He saw an older man watching the sea further along the beach, and pointed, “That’s Blaine, the fire type gym leader, over there. I have some business to discuss with him, so could you go ahead to the hotel?”

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
Mickey came on Cinnabar only a bit after his friends. He came to Gary
"Hey,I wanted to ask you something before you head to battle. So I think you know how Poliwhirl evolves. I need to trade with someone. I have King's Rock so what you think?" asked Mickey

Christopher looked up at Abbey, "Hey," he replied, he wasn`t entirely sure exactly where they were from, but they definitely were familiar, his lucario and togedemaru both looked up and waved and then they went back to eating a pokepuff, "Are you from around here or are you a trainer?" he added.

"A trainer." Abbey replied. "I'm kinda just wandering around getting badges. I wanted to open up my own gym." Abbey looked back at Brian. "Hey, I would like you to meet an friend of mine, he is kinda nice. Come on!" Abbey walked back over to his and Brian's table.

Brian looked at all of his Pokémon who were minding their own business before he looked up and smiled as Abbey returned along with someone who he thought looked familiar. Nevertheless he nodded to Christopher and tipped his hat to him.

"Hi, I`m Christopher" He replied, he had returned skarmory and scizor but togedemaru and lucario where still outside right behind him, "I`m training to open a gym too," he added. He took a closer look at Brian, "Wait are you Brian?" he asked thinking all the way back to Pewter city and Route 3.

Brian stood up and smiled. "It is, Christopher. Haha, long time no see, how've you been?" He asked. "I haven't seen you since Pewter city." He added as Gallade smiled and waved at Lucario.

Christopher pulled out his badge case with six badges, "Only two badges to go," he replied, "The hardest part was probably getting to the gyms, me and two others got attacked by what I can only assume are grunts of an evil team," he added putting away his badge case as lucario waved back at the gallade.

"Huh, even with your run in with whatever guys tried to stop you, you're still two badges ahead of me, I still need to battle the gym leader here in order to advance." Brian said as he showed Christopher his Badge case. "So what Pokémon have you caught on your journey?" Brian asked.

"Well, this one," Christopher replied pointing to the togedemaru that was standing next to lucario, "And these three," he said opening three pokeballs to show scizor, skarmory and doublade, "We are still gonna need just one more teammate, so what about you?" he asked looking back at Brian.