• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Kanto league tournament (Reboot)

RP or Showdown.

• Rp the battles

• Do the battles on Showdown.

• could care less.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Alright. First of all, It's StellarWind, NOT Stellar Wind. No space there.
Second, DopeLeafeon has been removed from this RP due to continued rule violations (and chatspeak. 'u' is not a word). and "Greninja." is a sock-puppeting little child who has been thoroughly banned and their posts removed from the thread. And for the LAST TIME. Report, don't mini-mod! We might take a while to get to reports sometimes, but we DO get there.

If you didn't already know, "Greninja." Is also "MegaHeracross". If that helps at all.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Hence "is a sock-puppeting little child who has been thoroughly banned and their posts removed from the thread", Hotshot14380. Trust me, we have ways of finding this out. He and "Greninja." was... like.. his fourth sockpuppet. XD Good grief.
Anyway, carry on!

I bet I'm late but i'll still try to make it in.

Name:Nion (pronounced Nee-On just in case)
Sex:Male
Appearance: Wears a Red hat, Red shirt with a red jacket not zipped, 6ft,Red Eyes
Pokémon: Snorlax,Lapras,Charizard,Venusaur,Dodrio,Rhydon

Last edited by a moderator:
XD no, it's not a helipad, but that is a very funny interpretation. It's really just the logo of a made up superhero I made, which I make stories about sometimes, he is even part of a team cal- well, you get the point.

cause if your battling with the wrong kind of person who will make them selves win no matter what, it sucks and it leads to arguments

That does seem more fair, but then it kind of becomes boring. It's just back and forth turns until someone wins. RP battles give it more excitement, I guess.

Oh, and also, if you'd like I have a hoenn league tournament sign up on the discussion page, if you want to sign up for that.

Your right but I'm gonna try out rp battles again I guess but if it gets out of hand I'm going back to pokemon showdown that's if I still get in the rp I gtg

Well since the discussion is open, you technically don't need the owner's permission. Either way, after being in so many rps with Jagson, I'm pretty sure he'll accept you.

Kind of broke the RP, cuz I forgot Skycaptain never said she went to sleep, but I think it's ok if she just puts that she went to sleep and woke up. So... yeah

A couple questions and comments here:
So for the first few rounds we do our own battles for each character against random characters we make up? Also wouldn't it be better if we used showdown so it would be fair for those going for the win. If two people in the finals really want to win it will end up like Hoenn unless we use showdown or some type of battle simulator. I'm having Riley go for the win and if he's going to lose I want it to be fair and not because some miracle happens. And if you lose on showdown there isn't any complaining. Then once the battle is simulated, you have an idea on how to write it into the thread.

Well one yes it's going to be against NPCs until only the eight remain.
and two. For those who are more casual when it comes to battles could actually stand a chance. But like I said earlier learn to take a hit and not doge every freaking move.

Is their still space to join

Name: Jackson arc
Sex: Male
Appearance: Has a large scar on the palm of his hand, wears olive green jeans, a red t-shrit and has blue hair. He is 6"10 and is very skinny
Pokémon: Fearow, Hitmonlee, Alakzam, Primape, Vaporeon, Rhydon

Well, some people might not even know what showdown is, or how to use it, and also, people would have some trouble trying to remember how the battle went, unless they write down everything, so it would be quite a struggle.
Honestly I think it will be easier if we used a voting system. People vote on who will win, based on... That's all I got

Showdown you can play the battle over and over again and you don't need to do like the entire battle all you need to know is who will win and if you don't know showdown go to the site and try it out

Honestly I don't even care as long as it's a fair battling style and idk about voting that would make some people angry just I hope we all can work out some battling style that's fair.

No you do need to know how the battle happened, in order to put it into the RP, or else it's just like

The two trainers sent out there pokemon, and began battling it out. In the end, Trainer 2 won, and they continued on.

And it wouldn't be like that there would still be a battle it just wouldn't be exactly like the battle you would have done on showdown you know what I'm saying???

I think the best option is RPing it out, everyone here seems to be able to play fair, and know when they got hit by a close range razor leaf. In the finals, it might take longer, because they really want to win, but in the end the two people would work it out. Or maybe only use voting for the finals.
IDK, I guess I just think it's not really fun when the winner is decided by showdown. Then it goes by how well they are at the game, and you can't really get creative in battle.

By the third round in Hoenn we could barely get past the first match between two rpers and it took two weeks. And don't say they were dodging everything because halfway through started taking hits. It also helped in that thread's death which is one of the reasons I'm against this.

I'm with Retro Master rp battles aren't the way to go the thing is people realy want to win and with showdown if you lose you lose nothing else to it

I think I see the problem here! Some people might be worried that if we do showdown then we'll just RP that. Like Muk use sludge bomb or what ever someone would say. Well that's NOT how it works. One of the reasons I like showdown better is that the battle actually shows who's going too win instead making up everything on the go. It's an actual simulation. If we just roleplay it, there will definitely be problems on what moves hit and what moves don't. How much health your Pokemon has and stuff like that. On showdown we have a sure fire way on what's going to happen.

One of the reasons I see that people don't want to use showdown is because it takes that creativity away. I actually believe the opposite. It has the potential for it too be more creative. When you do the battles on showdown, afterwards you get to save that replay. When you save it you get to rewatch it as many times as you want. The reason I say it has the potential to be more creative is that once you do the battle, you know exactly what's going to happen. Now when you have to write it down, you have a base on where to start on your attack. You don't have too find creative ways too dodge (unless it said your Pokemon avoided the attack), now you just have to write creative ways on how the attack went through. Depending on who's battling, it can create a nice creative experience with an already set ending. Instead of taking days too finish with each person taking longer times to come up with some new strategy they don't even know that will work, we can finish each battle within a day while writing each turn in depth.