• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Journey in the Galar Region! (Discussion)

Im not sure about everyone, but most of us could go as some kind of vacation or something?

Not sure...

I don't wanna speak for you guys, but i can see Jake, Salasa, Kia and Alex staying in a group

Not sure about Seth, Aaron, Shade, Gabblimey, etc

If new people wanna join we should tell them what we're doing and stuff.

I kinda like that idea though, that new people come and go with each region and maybe come back eventually like how May, Misty and Dawn and others do in the anime

Not only is it against the rules in this RP to do so without an admin's permission, it is against the rules to do so in the Pokemon RP community on this site, as it is specifically in the rules.

Just because Mythical Pokemon have their own name doesn't mean they are not Legendaries. They are only Mythical because they need events to be obtained. If you take that out, they'd be Legendaries.

RPs here are not like the games, @revliSluoS. You have to have an admin's permission to have one character have a Legendary, Mythical, or Ultra Beast, or even a Mega Pokemon, which are far easier to get than the three other categories (Legendary, Mythical, and UB).

First Name: Matt
Last Name: Maroon
Personality: Matt is a very sarcastic individual, often making jokes at other pokemon and peoples expenses. However, he is able to switch into a more serious side given the circumstance and is actually really nurturing to both his pokemon and close friends. Yet, he can be pretty prideful, usually trying to rely on his own strengths before asking help from others.
Appearance: He has long dark brown hair with brown eyes. He wears an orange polo shirt with a navy blue jacket over it, normal blue jeans and a red pair of hightops. He also sports a black hat with an orange logo on top of it (Depending on if the fighting gym is picked then it will be a souvenir hat from the fighting gym, if not then it's just a normal generic hat that won't be brought up until we get there.)
Backstory: While not native from Galar, he grew up here at the ripe old age of five after his mother and father got a divorce and his mother taking full custody. However, his mother, while meant well, was unintentionally mentally abusive. Always throwing his father into his face for leaving the family and she would often never taking any blame for anything and twist it to avoid responsibility because in her words "A parent never makes a mistake". Despite the strained relationship, he does care for her but eventually couldn't take the constant arguments, deciding to do some soul searching and go on a journey around Galar. As fate would have it he soon met Tyrogue, the two seemed to click immediately as soon as they laid eyes on one another... more accurately Tyrouge using Matt as a punching bag and Matt never backing down, always back for more punches and kicks. Eventually, when Matt began to wander off, Tyrouge would follow Matt. Tyrouge wasn't very sneaky about it, walking about three feet away from Matt at most times. Matt then asked if Tyrouge wanted to help him on his journey. They then became partners in their quest.
Other:
Crush (This is a Cryronn rp, this category is essential):N/A
Pokémon :

Pokémon Bio:
Species: Hitmonlee
Nickname (If Any):
Moves (Allowed one Egg or TM move. Make other moves scale accordingly): Low Sweep, Blaze Kick, High Jump Kick, Bulk up, Fake out, Close Combat

Species: Noctowl
Moves: Nasty Plot, Roost, Air Slash, Moonblast, Psychic, Light Screen

Toxtricity: Overdrive, Boomburst, Poison Jab and Sludge Bomb, Screech.

Piloswine: Ice Shard, Earthquake, Bulldoze, Ice Fang, Takedown

Octillary: Hydro pump, Octozooka, Energy ball, Ice beam,

Bisharp: Sword Dance, Iron Head, Night Slash. Slash, Psycho Cut

Last edited:
To be honest, I cannot wait till we get to the league and roleplay in the tournament rounds. I just feel it's going to bring a new type of energy and dynamics to the roleplay once we get there. I doubt I'm going to let my character win the league, but I'm def not going to just throw in the towel lol. Also, two questions, One: I could have sworn I saw someone else with a Toxicricity, which form is it? Because if it's Amped form then I'm just going to change mine to Low-key to have variety. Two: Since Knoctowl hasn't been shown yet can I switch some moves around? If no to both of these things then whatever, it's not going to take enjoyment from the roleplay for me :3

We havent decides who'll win the league yet, that's still up in the air.

But we agreed that after the league, some of our characters (4-6 ish?) will travel to a different region and get new pokemon and stuff like that, similar to the anime, and keep doing that for who knows how long, and it'll let new and old characters come and go whenever the person roleplaying as them can/would like too.

If you'd like to do that too, I'm sure you'd be welcome too.

We haven't decided what region it'll be next though.

Yeah! That sounds super cool and I'd love to do that too! Now I'm new here so take my opinion with a legit grain of salt, but you guys could always just try to fight, and while your fighting just determines who is likely to win if that makes sense? Like instead of it being predetermined just roleplay it out during the fight? Granted I already see the issues with that possible plan. At the end of the day, I just want a coherent story and I'm sure we can all deliver on that front. If we get to the league my goal is just to win one match lol.

I have been RPing and reading tournament RPs for the better part of 3 years and here are a few suggestions with pros and cons for each.

Roleplaying it out:
It's more cohesive and it feels like you have a good direction with your character. However, I feel like that's it. The cons of this include two characters fighting, who then never let up or let any of their Pokemon faint or get hurt, and the two players pitting their characters against each other begin to fight in the discussion thread because they think their characters should win and their opponent should lose and then rule breaking of power playing and flaming will then break out.

Using Showdown:
There are two ways you can use Showdown. One way is not recommended, as it will only really work if you have only four moves for your Pokemon to learn instead of more than 4 like we have. Plus, Showdown can't accurately describe how a Pokemon can use a certain move in different ways. The second way is literally using a Pokemon with Zap Cannon and then using it on the other opponent. Zap Cannon has 50% accuracy, so it's a coin toss. Just as long as your Pokemon aren't holding any items or have any abilities that will increase or decrease your evasiveness or accuracy, then you just bet on who wins or loses depending on if the attack hits.

Talking and planning it out:
This goes hand in hand with the "coin toss Zap Cannon" method if you wish, that way you have a bit of guidance if two people don't care who wins or if they both care who wins. But this way, you can plan out with them, in DMs (or a Conversation, which is what it is called here) if you wish. You may assess your character's strengths and weaknesses, your Pokemon's strengths and weaknesses, and then what will likely happen if your character wins or loses and if it will be better if they win or lose in terms of character development.

I honestly would prefer it if we avoid the Showdown method with a 30-foot pole. Because then we start getting into game mechanisms and that's a whole different can of worms that I don't really want to get into. I'm all for roleplaying it out, but as you said, people might not let their pokemon faint. I mean, we all are reading the posts and if people who aren't involved in the fight feel like one or both parties aren't letting up and just being unfair, we could say something? But then again, I'm sure people don't like being accused of power gaming. But I still would love to let it roleplay out, giving people the benefit of the doubt, and if there seem to be some issues THEN we can talk about who or who shouldn't win. But I'm sure we'll have a lot of time to discuss this, we may even try testing this out by having some characters battle each others/ reviewing older works of two players fighting with one another

The problem with that would be that Seth the champion of this RP has not battled any of the other characters. He has mainly been a companion for the group so far. Though I do say the people I see being in the top three are @Merciless Medic, @Clunpsy, and @GQuasch characters. I feel like they would make for the final three as they are strong characters, and have had the most time dedicated to actually winning the league.

The problem with that would be that Seth the champion of this RP has not battled any of the other characters. He has mainly been a companion for the group so far. Though I do say the people I see being in the top three are @Merciless Medic, @Clunpsy, and @GQuasch characters. I feel like they would make for the final three as they are strong characters, and have had the most time dedicated to actually winning the league.
**gets offended that my character that only made one post isn't included** Time to revive Tumblr... CUZ WE BE SHAMING NOW (is a joke plz don't take it seriously)

But yeah, I think the folks that been here longest should get into the top three if we decide to go the predetermined route.

Worst case scenario, we just put everyone whos participating in the tournament's namen into a randomizer?

And it can be best out of six or something? Depending on how many people there are?

Characters like mine (who aren't in the tournament) wouldn't be included in the randomizer/however we choose, they'd probably be spectating the battles or somehow doing their own things...

Im open to anyone's suggestions if they have ideas for the non competitors, i feel like having them react might get old relatively quick.

Just my opinion though.

Worst case scenario, we just put everyone whos participating in the tournament's namen into a randomizer?

And it can be best out of six or something? Depending on how many people there are?

Characters like mine (who aren't in the tournament) wouldn't be included in the randomizer/however we choose, they'd probably be spectating the battles or somehow doing their own things...

Im open to anyone's suggestions if they have ideas for the non competitors, i feel like having them react might get old relatively quick.

Just my opinion though.
Can you elaborate? This idiot isn't really sure what you are meaning, at least the best out of six part. Like, six pokemon or six matches?