• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Journey in the Galar Region! (Discussion)

Yes, what I had just mentioned. You go through your character's and Pokemon's strengths and weaknesses. You also share if anybody has a chance to beat your character. Once people actually start to talk to each other about who should win, they either decide who wins with a coin toss if either don't care or whatnot.

However, having my character not be in the top six or whatever would be weird, as she has had more experience with her Pokemon.

Sounds like it to me

And sorry if that big long post I just did is a pain to read

But if it wasn't obvious, Jake didn't have a lot of friends before Sonny, Alex and the others

That's why he isn't sure if they still want him around after the challenge

Also...

I just thought of this

And I think I might make it canon that Jake was born deaf in one ear. Probably the right one.

Sorry it's a bit of a retcon, I just thought maybe it could be a little detail to help him be a bit more unique (plus it makes him a tad more relatable, to me anyway. I'm the same way, born deaf in my right ear. And if anyone is worried, don't worry, it doesn't bother me in the slightest ^^)

That moment when I went back to look at the beginning of the rp and forgot that Jake bought an egg that STILL hasn't hatched

I'm debating on whether or not to retcon that or not, considering the egg is supposed to hatch in Johto and we're still a ways from getting there and we don't know what region we're gonna do after the tournament

If i retcon it, i'll have his mom give it to him or send it to him before they leave for the next region

I guess we should do a random number generator for which region we go to next as well. It should be from 1-7, each region's gen corresponding to their number. We could also vote for it instead too

I rolled a number already but if Emo wants to do it, or we want to vote, its fine by me
Screenshot 2020-04-28 at 16.12.06.png
This was the number a.k.a Johto

maybe we could do the randomizer to dictate the matches and then put the two people into a generator for each match.

Of course, it should be noted that if a person wants their character to lose or win, then we shall give them that wish if the other person doesn't care what happens to their character. It will be a meaningful experience for their character anyway. I feel like my character should at least be 3rd, maybe 2nd. But being second is pushing it.

Well if its that way, then I think that we should be decided the brackets first in a sort of similar way to how the region was rolled. Once again, we don't have to do it this way if we don't want to, and I probs shouldn't be the one to do this but....
Yes, I was too lazy to write out all the characters so I just stole it from Gold's post
Kia-1
Salasa-2
Gabblimey-3
Alistar-4
Shade-5
Alex-6
Ben-7
Zac-8
Matt-9
Aaron-10
upload_2020-4-29_8-37-45.png
So, Kia and Ben- Matt and Aaron- Shade and Gabblimey- Zac and Alistar- Alex and Salasa

So we can decide between ourselves who wins, if you like
Don't have to listen to me though, this is just me being impatient

Meh, I still think we should roleplay it out without it being predetermined *unless one party wants to lose, etc.* You just gotta have some common sense and not be too "ego filled". Like if I send out my toxicity and someone uses Earthquake and ot hits I can't be like "Toxicity manages to hold on, miraculously. Without much damage and uses a boom burst.* like obviously certain scenarios vary but there just have some form of common sense and junk.

But an Earthquake can be dodged unless drawn out to make sure a Pokemon, who jumps in the air to avoid it, will fall back down and get damaged by the moving earth.

Even then, there are many ways to avoid damage from an Earthquake. Kicking or summoning rocks into the air and then jumping on them can aid in avoiding Earthquake or simply using Protect.

Also, I feel like Gabblimey and Shade should fight against someone else. I would like for both of our characters to get pretty far ahead before they battle each other.

I was actually thinking about that
Maybe if two people don't mind losing, we could swap them to fight Shade or Gabblimey
That, or I could just roll again (i did, I'm impatient, I know)
Kia-1
Salasa-2
Gabblimey-3
Alistar-4
Shade-5
Alex-6
Ben-7
Zac-8
Matt-9
Aaron-10
Screenshot 2020-04-29 at 21.02.53.png
so, Aaron and Gabblimey- Zac and Ben- Salasa and Kia- (these numbers are nice together) Alex and Matt- Shade and Alistar
@Merciless Medic is this okay with you? Also, that means that @Pinch might have to lose if he's okay with it

@Salasa I will say, somehow if it is in the league or just a random sparing battle, I want our Toxtricitys to have a rock off lol. By the way, is your Low-Key form?
@Clunpsy I totally misunderstood you when you showed the list the first time xD But it's fine because we were sorta talking about the same thing. I thought you already had a list printed out on who was going to reach first but you just have a list ready to do the fighting

@Salasa I will say, somehow if it is in the league or just a random sparing battle, I want our Toxtricitys to have a rock off lol. By the way, is your Low-Key form?

I believe Salasa's Toxtricity is the Amped form. Aaron's is Low-Key. I don't remember if anybody else has another Toxtricity.

I feel like we shouldn't have the winners predetermind unless one party want's to lose it would make it more fun

Yea, it would make it more fun, but I have been through many situations and seen many situations that roleplaying it out isn't a good idea. It drags on the battle too much and I have seen people fight as if their Pokemon can shrug anything off.

There was a tournament RP I was a part of (or maybe I was just reading it, I don't remember) and this guy had this Gengar who would phase in and out of combat super quickly. To the point of us wondering if phasing in and out of existence was actually going to tire out the Gengar. Gengars are not known to have high defenses or good stamina, in fact I remember them being borderline decent. It was up against a Mamoswine, and it was going out of existence to avoid attacks that weren't even Normal or Fighting, and then coming in quickly to attack by phasing in to existence. It raised a lot of hell in the discussion thread and caused the guy to lose the battle because he was being unfair and he left the tournament RP. They had agreed to roleplay it out and it ended in one guy being too prideful to allow their Pokemon to faint.

Yea, I don't want a repeat and if there is a method that will prevent any unfair play (not that I see any of you guys doing it, but even I have slipped into "oh, I think my character can win" and I try to get my character to win, albeit almost unfairly), then I will take that method over RPing it out.

Of course, I should also note that when people are paired against each other to fight, we should let them choose which method of who wins and who loses when choosing which character gets to go on and which character loses. That way, people may do what they want without feeling like they have to conform to a decision they don't agree with.

As for figuring out if my character is going to win or not, Shade is all about training to win. She has been there for longer than a year and knows mostly everything about the Galarian Pokemon by now. She can be a little cocky if things go her way and her way of training leads her Pokemon to fight on their own. Some Pokemon love this while others prefer guidance. Still, the Pokemon who fight on their own and love it may ignore Shade's instructions from time to time. It won't be often, but it will be occasional, especially from her more recent captures.

However, her way of training helps in making sure her Pokemon are getting the best out of their strengths and she teaches them how to cover their weaknesses. Some Pokemon are unable to because they don't have a move that aids them in saving them from an attack and they have to either rely on Protect or dodging. Still, they are pretty strong and fast, and if they aren't strong or fast, then they are durable and tough.

Shade's strategy is to have one Pokemon fight against another and if her Pokemon wins, she switches them out. She rarely switches them out in-battle unless she deems it necessary to switch out because they are weakened or at a disadvantage.

Also, this is anime-based, so some moves (like always hitting moves such as Swift or Aerial Ace) will miss from time to time and some moves are versatile enough to be used as defense or offense, or in some other way that may aid in the battle that seem almost unorthodox and that Ash from the anime thought of.

I believe Salasa's Toxtricity is the Amped form. Aaron's is Low-Key. I don't remember if anybody else has another Toxtricity.

Yea, it would make it more fun, but I have been through many situations and seen many situations that roleplaying it out isn't a good idea. It drags on the battle too much and I have seen people fight as if their Pokemon can shrug anything off.

There was a tournament RP I was a part of (or maybe I was just reading it, I don't remember) and this guy had this Gengar who would phase in and out of combat super quickly. To the point of us wondering if phasing in and out of existence was actually going to tire out the Gengar. Gengars are not known to have high defenses or good stamina, in fact I remember them being borderline decent. It was up against a Mamoswine, and it was going out of existence to avoid attacks that weren't even Normal or Fighting, and then coming in quickly to attack by phasing in to existence. It raised a lot of hell in the discussion thread and caused the guy to lose the battle because he was being unfair and he left the tournament RP. They had agreed to roleplay it out and it ended in one guy being too prideful to allow their Pokemon to faint.

Yea, I don't want a repeat and if there is a method that will prevent any unfair play (not that I see any of you guys doing it, but even I have slipped into "oh, I think my character can win" and I try to get my character to win, albeit almost unfairly), then I will take that method over RPing it out.

Of course, I should also note that when people are paired against each other to fight, we should let them choose which method of who wins and who loses when choosing which character gets to go on and which character loses. That way, people may do what they want without feeling like they have to conform to a decision they don't agree with.

As for figuring out if my character is going to win or not, Shade is all about training to win. She has been there for longer than a year and knows mostly everything about the Galarian Pokemon by now. She can be a little cocky if things go her way and her way of training leads her Pokemon to fight on their own. Some Pokemon love this while others prefer guidance. Still, the Pokemon who fight on their own and love it may ignore Shade's instructions from time to time. It won't be often, but it will be occasional, especially from her more recent captures.

However, her way of training helps in making sure her Pokemon are getting the best out of their strengths and she teaches them how to cover their weaknesses. Some Pokemon are unable to because they don't have a move that aids them in saving them from an attack and they have to either rely on Protect or dodging. Still, they are pretty strong and fast, and if they aren't strong or fast, then they are durable and tough.

Shade's strategy is to have one Pokemon fight against another and if her Pokemon wins, she switches them out. She rarely switches them out in-battle unless she deems it necessary to switch out because they are weakened or at a disadvantage.

Also, this is anime-based, so some moves (like always hitting moves such as Swift or Aerial Ace) will miss from time to time and some moves are versatile enough to be used as defense or offense, or in some other way that may aid in the battle that seem almost unorthodox and that Ash from the anime thought of.
Wait, so both forms of Toxicity are taken? BAAAAAAAAAh. Since I haven't revealed it yet I might switch it out for another Pokemon, I usually don't like having the same Pokemon as other trainers unless I can get away with it. Regardless, Yeah, idk what that guy was doing with his Gengar but yeah. I think the biggest issue regardless of what we do concerning choice is the potential of prideful people not wanting to let go. I'm not accusing any of you of that/or think that but that's a pretty big risk where I'm not too sure how to fix unless we monitor the posts and determine what is good and what isn't.

Well, I'm going to say this now, I have a bad bone in me when it concerns my characters being in a battle. I don't show this often, as I keep it under a tight lid. I don't outwardly talk about it, and I don't like making drama and I try to settle it mid-battle or in a conversation. However, when I was in a tournament with another guy, we role played it out and I was told that my character's Pokemon should go down at that point because they have received some hits that should have knocked them out, and they weren't known for their stamina or defenses. I quickly mended it but I have this part of me where I really want to power play or have my character win. To combat this (because it can happen on accident without me thinking about it), I try to talk with the person and figure out what is going to happen. Without a bit of guidance, I can go a little apeshit. XD

I may try to persuade others to have my character win at times, but I can't usually tell if that's me trying to be logical or trying to get my character to win. However, I will know when I am wrong and I will fix it accordingly, as I refuse to act like a sore loser. XD I can't RP it out because I have a tendency to make my character win and I get a little too invested in it.

Of course, as I RP more and more, I have gotten better at this and I have been able to let my characters lose without feeling like it's a personal attack on me, and I let their loss be something they can grow on. However, because I have made Mary Sue characters for the better part of my life (so basically for 14 years), there will always be a part of me where I'm like "I just really want to go all out and win".

I am coming out with this in complete faith that those of you who may battle me will still trust my judgement but understand I have flaws too and I try to fight them on a regular basis when I'm RPing or interacting with anything that goes against my headcanon of the series (which I try really hard to steer away from when RPing with other people, but I have had this problem since I could imagine stuff and play with my brother, so since I was 4 or 5).

So, there you have it. XD I will try my best to make the battles I have (and other battles) be fair. If anyone has any questions about my judgement or my character's battling capabilities, don't hesitate to ask and I'll be logical as possible when giving the facts. I'll do the same for you guys if I have questions.

I honestly don't care who I'm against, so long as they say which Pokémon they sent out (species wise). I'm a sucker when it comes to facing Pokémon that have a nickname, cause I'll forget what type of Pokémon it is. It would be helpful if you guys tell what species I'm facing cause, I'm gonna honest with ya. I don't like reading all the posts to know what Pokémon you, so it would be great if you what kind of Pokémon you send out when your facing Zac, so yeah...