• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Jappio's Poke Splices, Fakemon, and Captace Region

2 typos I think, thats Xatu's wings in the hitmonlee-Kingdra one, and its electrode's eyes in the other one

I realy liked the all 4 water starter one it looks awesome. I would be cool if you make a every ingle eeveelution one It would look awesome can I request it or has it already been requested?

I love your mutant Sonic the most. * :o @ Rings rings* (The Crobat/Omastar is my second fave.) All of your sprites look amazing. Keep up the great work. :)

Well here is the newest of my splices. Someone wanted me to make a cool looking dragon, so that is why I have that recolor. For all those Eevees I did all the colors since I didn't want to choose. The rest nothing to say really.

Splice_Sheet_16_by_Jappio01.png

I love the Vaporeon colored and the Espeon colored combined Eevees best out of the 8 EeveeCombos. Flygon+Dragonite+Garchomp+Salamence=Awesomeness. Great job! A+. Keep up the great work. :)

[glow=blue,2,300]Wow, I just went through all the pages, and your sprites are amazing! I love them all.
On the last post, I like the Malerew. (Heh, I thought I'd try my hand at naming; manaphy celebi mew jirachi.) Anyways, it's adorable!
could I suggest that you try a Haunter-Absol combo? It'd be wierd, but I think it'd be awesome if the body shape leaned a bit more to the absol side; like a ghost-wolf thing. Ah well, it may be more random than actually good, but just saying.[/glow]

Well here is my latest splices. After finishing up the 4 dragons, I thought I was done with the cliche. That is the funny thing about taking suggestions and requests, you never know what people will ask for.

Splice_Sheet_17_by_Jappio01.png

AE-Prep, you do realize three of those are psychic types, JK though, its plenty random, and I don't mind doing cliche or anything, as I said before, makes me do something I wouldn't normally do myself.

Also, I fear Probopass, the pass family is an evil family to ever splice. There position, and there proportions make a lot of things difficult. I will try, but I doubt it will look good, specially with two tiny things. I think I will do a Swinub/Shaymin as a side just because I think those two alone will look super cute. Well looks like I got a challenge up ahead, wish me, and the god forsaken creature-to-be, luck.

Also though, don't be surprised if I suddenly do a cosplay. For some time now I keep seeing some, and thinking "It looks easy, and I bet it's just like splicing." So I may just randomly go for it, but I'll probably keep them on the splice page, than again my laziness may keep me from trying anytime soon.

the registeel/glalie is probably my favorite so far...and the fire starter thing is awesome too...the chimera looks good, but a little recoloring wouldn't hurt...btw, eggxecutor+vigoroth=win

Lil King, the recoloring would actually ruin what it is. It's suppose to be based off of the mythical creature, the Chimera, most traditional Chimera's aren't blended together colorwise, so neglecting to recolor keeps it more authentic to what it was suppose to be. Also all requests sound good

Well here are the latest splices. I have now though picked up the art of cosplay making. It's similar to splicing, but it's at the same time different. I didn't do phenomenal with the cosplays, but I'm happy with them, and soon I hope to enhance my skill with them. Of course I'm not taking request or suggestions for cosplayers yet, and I'm sure no one would want a request done for a skill that hasn't been enhanced better yet anyways.

Splice_Sheet_18_by_Jappio01.png

You keep on getting better, and I love the cosplays, though with the Regice cosplay, you could take off Crasher Wake's head thingy, and put on a pointy hat, or something. Love the Shaymin and Psyduck. I hereby dub it... Froduck!

:0 OMG...those are amazing! Especially the....kyraydon! (kyogre+groudon+rayquaza) and awesome cosplayers, keep up the good great awsome work!!
Hmmm....maybe you can try a shaymin and a mew?

Well the reason for the delay on my latest splice sheet is do to this new project I'm working on. I have been making Fakemon. Someone was wondering if I had the capability of making them. Now I've never made a fakemon, but with all the splicing skills I have, and the spriting skills I have too, I decided to try it. I figured it would only work as nice practice. So this guy was making an RP, and needed first route Pokemon first, so here they are. Oh and we have not come up with any names for these, we are going to work on that soon probably, I'll be sure to share there names later.

The first three are basically the Pidgey type. The first one is a simple normal/flying, nothing special. The next two though are Elec/Fly types. We chose that since it would be nice to have a flying electric that isn't a legendary, also was a nice twist.

Next I did the rattatta of the route, this time round a normal type wolf. The twist with this though is it evolves into a ground/normal, so taking a similar twist like Bibarel.

The last one was the bug family of the game. We settled for not bothering with a metapod type thing in the middle. It start as a basic normal bug, but then evolves into a Fire/bug and then into another fire/bug (hehe, flamethrowers).

I'd have to say the one I'm least happy with is the larvae form. I am still happy with all of them though, and would love to hear what you think. I will be taking a quick break from fakemon so I can work on splices and cosplays again. I will go back to fakemon, but I of course won't be taking request one them, at least not any time soon, they are a lot of work.

Fakemon_Sheet_1_by_Jappio01.png

I like the final evolution Electric and Flying type, especially the wings. And the Ground/normal Evoultion is cool, I like how the sand swirls around its feet. Win. : D

EDIT: HOLY SHIT, IT'S AN ANT WITH EFFIN' FLAMETHROWERS!

Right... one thing to keep in mind with Fakemon is that all DP sprites have a maximum size of 80x80 pixels. I've exceeded that a few times, myself, but keeping it within a few pixels of that really lends an authentic feel to them.

I do like the thunderbird line. :] There is a missed pixel by the final evo's head, though. Also, a lot of your sprites seem to suffer from flatness. You could try shading with a few more hues, or just choosing to make your highlight and shadow colors more extreme?

The normal/ground wolf also looks a bit odd with the sand in front of its feet; keep in mind how a sprite would be positioned against a terrain background in a Pokemon game. If you want to keep the sand, then try making it a different color than the wolf itself. The best advice I can give would probably be to look at Hippowdon's sprites.

Thanks a lot for the tips, really appreciate the critic, but I'm going to have to argue it a bit...

As far as the size of them, I tried keeping them that size, but I didn't know or care about the actual size limit, who cares about authenticity if it quells the quality or creativity of the sprite. I saw this project as more of a sprite making of Pokemon like creatures, not quite Fakemon making.

As far as more hues, wouldn't that in its self go against Fakemon authenticity, since most Pokemon Sprites don't get that many more hues :D.

The sand/dirt in front of it's feet isn't terrain, it is instead in the air around the feet, think Pig Pen from Peanuts. It's the same color as the wolf because the wolf is coated in the same colored dirt/sand.

I do take many of your comments to heart, I will work on size for the next time I do some. I will also do more extreme shadows and highlights, which is my usual problem.

Here is the latest. To explain a few, I have a whole bunch of the third, that I didn't complete, but I liked the colors that I kept them. Two Mew+Shaymins since I didn't know which color I liked. The hydra is just a whole bunch of things thrown together to make it, I didn't feel like listing what. The soccer Kangaskhan was just something I felt like doing, and the baby Kangaskhan was a request from a friend.

Splice_Sheet_19_by_Jappio01.png

The Articuno and Suicune mix is pure genius, I like the purple tail feathers. The Scythix (Onix+Scyther) made me lol, literally. Personally, I prefer the white Mewmin (god, I suck at making up names) to the pink one, because you can't see the flower so much on the pink one. But you might want to fix the angles of Milodos's... eybrow... feather thingies. As for the Raiglarichu, I like the one with yellow hair, it kinda reminds me of Lt. Surge. o.o

Keep up the freakin' sweet work. :D

Wicked! That Milodos is awesome! Whoever requested it is an unbeleiveably imaginative peron :D.

^_^

I like the Hydra, more mythicals are goooood. Your Fake'mon sprites are with little flaw as well. Only tips I could give have already been given. That reminds me! I doodled some Fake'mon... I should go sprite them...

~Slink

Another one, finally got done. Hope everyone likes them. There is a surprisingly high level of turtle related things in this one, which is cool since turtles are awesome, but this merely happened by coincidence. Also I just realized the top half is also coincidently has a lot of green too. Next batch I make will either have splices or fakemon, depending which I feel like doing more in, or which is more needed to be done.

Splice_Sheet_20_by_Jappio01.png

I love the one with the three turtles, yet more pure genius. I especially like how you drew the Wartortle's shell pattern on it. And the Luxeus (Luxray+Arceus) looks better than the original Arceus, which was pretty damn awesome by itself. The only qualm I have with any of them, is that the Wartortle cosplayer's tail looks a bit funky.

I'd reccomend a Mr. Mime and Kricketune splice. No I did not randomly pick two Pokemon off of the Pokedex. >_>

As for a Fakemon line, I'd reccomend annnnnn... Electric and... Steel type mix.

No requests on Fakemon, that is a specific project that I am doing with a friend. Also electric steel already exists, its called the Magnemite family. Also we already have a electric combo, and another one coming up, if I had it my way every other pokemon in his region would electric. Also the blastoise cosplay is one of my favorites. When I was looking through the trainer sprites, and I saw the camera dude, I knew Blastoises cannon could fit there.

Omigoodness, the baby Kangaskhan is adorable!!!! I wanna take him and use him! Somewhere...lol.
Your splices are really good, Keep up the good work!