• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Jappio's Poke Splices, Fakemon, and Captace Region

I think that those badges are very good, and I think that the region is coming along nicely!
I'd love to see what you could do with the smaller gym badges, the ones that fit on a trainer card, you know?

I agree with the Gligar comment, it is very bright, but that was my first one, so I think it deserves a little leeway.

Well I decided to just finish off all the requests I got. I just have to say I am not happy with Giratina + Arceus. I know I did a pretty junky job.

Splice_Sheet_28_by_Jappio01.png

Well a whole bunch of requests again. Looks like my requesters are asking for more specific things these days (some forced colors and forced bases). The thing on the bottom was requested to be dark colored, but I enjoyed its non darckened color enough to leave it that way.

Splice_Sheet_29_by_Jappio01.png

The Pikachu+Toatodile is cute. I also like both versions of the Moltres+Infernape, the dark one is kind of creepy looking.

Well here are the latest Fakemon. If you want to know where these things are found exactly in my region, you can place them at Peak Town, and a little after (I'm think Battilakhan will be given through an egg perhaps). Here are the Pokedex entries for all these guys, of course though some of these things may change:

516 - BattilaKhan: Normal type. "This small Pokemon doesn't like to leave its mother's pouch. When in battle it struggles to not run and hide."
517 - Kangaskhan: Evolves from female 516 at level 25. Normal. I'm not going to go into Kangaskhan, you all know what it is.
518 - Battillahun: Evolves from male 516 at level 25. Normal. Same as Kangaskhan except is stronger and has some better defenses. Is slower than Kangaskhan. "This Pokemon does all it can to protect its family. While the mother stays with the child and teaches it and protects the home, Battilahuns go out and gather food." (Will be like Kangaskhan for the most part, but will have more moves revolving around its claws (think crush claw and shadow claw type attacks). Kangaskhan will have its punches. Of course these moves will also be able to be passed down to the baby.)

519 - Lizwiz: Psychic type. "This pokemon does not actually gain new strength. Upon birth it actually has a powerful curse born into it sealing away its power and himself within his own crystal ball."
520 - Lizgician: Evolves from 519 at level 18. Psychic type. Good S. Average speed, S, P defenses. Bad P. Attack (Think Alakazam, but balanced out a little more). "It finally breaks free from its prison and gains new power. Sadly not all of his power has been extracted from its crystal ball, but overtime it relearns its powers."
521 - Lizarlock: Evolves from 520 through Shiny Stone. Psychic type. Good S. Average speed, S, P defenses. Bad P. Attack. "Through the powers of a Shiny Stone its power is fully unlocked. It leaves behind in the crystal ball any moves it had yet extract."

522 - Winfeed: Flying type. "This light breeze has a mind of its own. This pokemon cannot stop moving or else it will loose its form."
523 - Typheed: Evolves from 522 at level 24. Flying type. Good S. attack and speed. Average P. attack. Bad defenses. "Constantly spinning, this pokemon can cause powerful winds."
524 - Galefeed: Evolves from 523 at level 40. Flying type. Good S. attack and speed. Average P. attack. Bad defenses. "The massive winds this pokemon can produce are strong enough to lift people off the ground.

Fakemon_Sheet_4_by_Jappio01.png

Edit:

Well here are the shrunken trainer card versions of my badges. Really nothing that huge and exciting.

Captace_Region_Badges__Small_by_Jappio01.png

This is a trainer card. I quick made this up to show off some pokemon, and the badges of my region. Also it shows a character who will be a major player in my region (These aren't necessarily the Pokemon he will have), Vector Absolute.

Example_Trainer_Card_by_Jappio01.png

nice the splices are awesome but my favorite sprite was on the first post !!!TROGDOR!!!

"Trogdor was a man!
I mean, he was a dragon-man!
Er, maybe he was just a dragon.
Um... But he was still TROGDOR!!!!" -Strongbad

by the way how did you get the stuff to make the region maps or was it all done by you

Well I quick put together a sheet. This is my 30th for those not keeping count. 30 sheets and the day I've been dreading has finally come. I've now had to do a splice with Lucario. I've been dreading it since I'm not a fan Lucario. I'm surprised I was able to go 29 sheets and never get one with him in it. Of course I'll be professional and do any requests with him. I also did three of him since I could decide on how to do the colors (Darkrai isn't that agreeable with colors since he has like two shades per color).

Splice_Sheet_30_by_Jappio01.png

I think you did a pretty good job with the lucario ;D
anyway, about your scratch sprites...
the last three (winfeed, typheed, and galefeed) might need some work, they look awesome but...some more shading or maybe an outline of some sort may make them look better.
I love the shading you did on the other ones! Especially the psychic trio :D

Hello everyone. I'm here without anything new sadly. I did though edit some previous works. While at my friends house I made a scary discovery. It turns out that at my normal place of spiriting (home) my monitor must make things super dark. So I guess a good number of my sprites have been too bright or haven't been shaded the best. So I have updated Fakemon Sheets 1 and 4 since they needed some reshading on some things. I have also updated the revamps (hehe, I revamped revamps). You can find the these things and everything I've done on my first post (everything is up there. I didn't go back and fix the original posts of them though).

Also I have good news that I think some of you might become really excited about. I am planning (I hope I'm not announcing this too prematurely) to have an RP for my region. Now unlike some Pokemon Region RP's, I will not begin until I have finished all my fakemon, and have made moves and all for them, so this is still in the horizon. I plan on having a pokedex range of about 120-150 or so pokemon (I want to make 100 Fakemon, so everything else in it will be older region pokemon). I still have a lot of planning to do exactly on how it works. Also I need to work on more detailed routes and buildings of course. I also wanted to add new moves and TM's, so I can see this being a few months away.

I will have a limit on how many people can enter though. I will only have a number of open spots (undetermined, I plan on getting more than 10 though). I will be having it in first come first serve format. There will be no reserving ahead of time. So keep your eyes peeled for when I announce it.

Since I post my Fakemon on multiple sites I will be having the role play on only one specific site since I don't want to run 4 different ones. I will be hosting the RP at http://summaxr.com/Forum/ in case you wanted to know. Its a basic forum and I figured it would be a good enough place. I am sorry if this is advertising, but its how I'm working things and I figured people would want to know where. I'm in no way telling people to go and stay there, merely come and RP when I have the RP set up.

With all that said I have to also state that I will be working more on my Fakemon. That means I need to apologize to all you splice fans because I will not be doing as many sheet as often anymore. I will still be doing them. Just remember, if you make a request, don't expect it too soon.

Sorry that todays update was just text and a few small fixes to past stuff. I'm working on some new fakemon right now, so expect them soon.

Well I know its been awhile, but I've been off and on when I want to actually work on these, but I finally finished it. Valroar doesn't have a split evolution, that is merely just a visual difference between genders, no effect to stats or anything. Expect splices next thing I submit.

525 - Pix: Normal Type. "This pokemon is quite shy. It isn't due to its weak look, but because its embarrassed because its wings are not strong enough to give it flight, it instead bounces around."
526 - Angela: Evolves from 525 at level 25 with "Holy Wish" held. Normal Type. Good Sp attack and Sp. Def, Ok speed, bad P attack and def. "This pokemon makes a wish to fly and gain power, and would promise to do good. This pokemon now brings goodness and happiness to anyone it can, but it still sadly can't fly."
527 - Impz: Evolves from 525 at level 25 with "Evil Wish" held. Dark type. Good P attack and def, ok speed, bad Sp attack and defense."This pokemon has wished for dark powers so it could one day fly. It pledges to bring misfortune to all. Although it does gains power, it still can't seem to become air born."

528 - Waft: Poison type. "This pokemon isn't very rare in in smog filled cities. It has a hard enough time keeping itself together that it can't really battle too well." (Think Magikarp, will only know splash, will learn poison gas at some point like level 10-20)
529 - Smorgon: Evolves from 528 at level 25. Poison/Dragon type. Good Sp. Attack, Ok speed P attack Sp. defense, bad defense.."Foul smell, foul temper, foul everything. This is one nasty pokemon. Watch out, it may look completely gaseous, but it can still take a bite out of you." (Ability: Levitate).

530 - Dunsparse: Normal type. "This timid pokemon has never been known to be good at battle. Yet in this different land it is said that they have more potential than before."
531 - Morcore: Evolves from 522 in an undetermined way. Normal type. More of the same as Dunsparse, each stat better, so still a very balanced stat pool. "After evolving, Dunsparse has taken a new change. It no longer need to borrow and hide anymore, its attitude though doesn't change much and you'll be hard pressed to find a hostile one."

532 - Meowth: Normal type. "This pokemon has an love for wealth. Some have called it greedy, but its cute looks make it a pretty popular pokemon."
533 - Persian: Evolves from 532 at level 28. Normal type. ."A pokemon loved by those who love luxury. This pokemon itself is known for its snobbish attitude."
534 - Valroar: Evolves from 533 in an undetermined way. Normal type. Think Persian, but with attack and speed boosts. "Called the king of the jungle. This pokemon strides with a pristine presentation. Some can't help but bow to it."

Fakemon_Sheet_5_by_Jappio01.png

Well after a long while I finally gotten to these. I hope I haven't lost too much skill in my long time without doing any of these. Love how I got no comments on my Fakemon, but I bet that these will get a few. I guess that is how it is. These are decent enough to attract attention, the Fakemon aren't good enough for "awesomes" and not bad enough for "horribles".

Splice_Sheet_31_by_Jappio01.png

I love your fakemon!! I've just been really busy and I haven't been able to get in the computer much.
Pix is sososo cute!! But the shiny form needs to have slightly darker shading and lighter highlights
Angela...I think it would look better without black outlines, But I do love the wings :D
I like Waft and smorgon and morcore as they are
Valroar looks pretty cool, but the eyes don't need to be outlined all the way around
as for the splices..
my favorite of the fresh batch would have to be.....the lopunny and heatran!
Could you make a jirachi and buneary splice for me please. Thanks in advance :D

Well a friend of mine requested I do a quick map so he could use it somewhere. Well I decided to take him up on the offer, and made this. I haven't picked out what towns would be what or anything, so really I can't say much about it. Didn't take too long to make, which was nice, only about 30 min I think. I have two versions, one with towns, and one without.

Sorry I couldn't update with like Fakemon or splices, but hey, I think its a pretty cool map.

Random_Poke_Map_by_Jappio01.png

Well done with the latest Fakemon. I'm happiest with the Arakidian. I'm not as happy with the torpedo and missile. Overall though I think I did a fine job.

535 - Flurry: Ice/Fighting type. "This pokemon spends its time punching ice blocks into pieces. Children try making snowmen from it."
536 - Kungfrost: Evolves from 535 at level 30. Ice/Fighting type. Good Attack. Ok P and Sp. defenses. Bad speed and Sp. Attack. "This pokemon is said to be able to hold a glacier in place. Children though still try playing with it, adding on top hats and things."

537 - Ledyba: Bug/Flying type. "Scared of the wrold, this pokemon never leaves its swarm unless it has to. It stays in contact with the swarm using scents."
538 - Ledian: Evolves from 537 at level 18. Bug/Flying type. "Most active during starry nights. This Pokemon's patterns change with the number of stars in the sky."
539 - Lediaga: Evolves from 538 in an undetermined way. Bug/Flying type. Think Ledian, but with boosts all around. "They say these pokemon can communicate with stars. Lediagas are supposedly able to use the energy from the stars to power its attacks up."

540 - Spinerac: Bug/Poison type. "This pokemon senses things through its durable web it weaves. It can stay in the same spot for days."
541 - Ariados: Evolves from 540 at level 22. Bug/Poison type. "It can spin endless amounts of thread. Some pokemon have a hard time fighting this pokemon due the fact they can't tell which side is its front."
542 - Arakidian: Evolves from 541 in an undetermined way. Bug/Poison type. Think Ariados, but with a major Sp. Attack boost and some other boosts in other areas. "Arakidian can see through its 7 eyes and front, and can sense energy through its hind eye. Its thread is almost as strong as steel."

543 - Torskate: Ice/Steel type. "This pokemon glides across ice at inpressive speeds. It has issues when it falls on its side."
544 - Misskate: Evolves from 535 at level 28. Ice/Steel type. Good attack and Speed. Bad P. and Sp. Defense and Sp. Attack. "Using its rocket booster, this pokemon moves at incredible speeds. It loses some control though going this fast and finds itself running into a lot of things.."

Fakemon_Sheet_6_by_Jappio01.png

Well I now have the latest splices done. A few of them as you can see have multiple, for the usual color or shape differences I can't decide between, so I just take both. The top 4 are special for the fact they are for a contest I'm in. Next submission I'll let you all know if they won or not.

Splice_Sheet_32_by_Jappio01.png

I like the first Azlef/Gardevoir one. Although it would look better if you changed the eyes. Other than that, they all look very good!

I love the splices! You're like a god with them!

Everyone of them is great. I haven't seen anything like them over all my time here. Personally the combination of Umbreon and Espeon is my favorite, but that Blastois Cosplay is also good. Although have you thought of looking into making them transparent, or do you just like posting them as huge grounds?

I myself don't mind the background, but if its an issue with someone, I guess I could make it transparent, if I knew how.

I did have a feeling you probably didn't know how. I was only mentioning it because making something transparent makes you look somewhat more professional. But, then you'd have the issue of keeping track of them all, which would get troublesome.

Thinking about it though, Transparency wouldn't work well for me when it comes to things like my splices. I have text on those, and on some sites I post the background is black or another dark color. Also since I post things as a "sheet" more so than as things by themselves, there is no need for the transparency anyways.

aloha :D
Time to comment on your fakemon...
I like the way flurry and kungfrost came out, although the aqua colors seem a tad bright
lediaga looks awesome! :D But I feel like the head should be bigger or something...
Arakidian is so damn sweet! I absolutely love it! It's one of my favorite fakemon sprites that I've ever seen!!!
torskate and misskate...the only thing that bugs me a bit is the shading on torskate. Otherwise they look fine :)
the volbeat jolteon looks adorable! I'm not quite sure why, but it does!! I really like teh kindra, articuno, rayquaza fusion a lot as well

Thanks diamondphantom for the comments, much appreciated.

Well here are the latest. Not a whole lot, but I've been a bit slow on getting any new ones out so I'm Ok with that. I'm quite happy with Narlight and Maestrot. Yet Hyrdrax and Plataqwil are partially disappointing, but they were a little difficult.

545 - Qwilfish: Water/Poison type. "Fisherman make sure to be careful with handling this pokemon, its quills can poison."
546 - Plataqwil: Evolves from 545 by undertermined way. Water/Poison. Better stats than Qwilfish, and is going to a P attacker. "People can't tell if it is a land or water creature. They do know though to avoid its poisoness spines."

547 - Bydra: Dragon type. "Having two heads, Bydra has issues with itself. Yet due to this also, it can be a pretty fierce pokemon."
548 - Hydrax: Evolves from 547 at level 30. Dragon type. "People say every time you cut off a head of this Pokemon, it just grows back. Although that is legend, its strength and power are not rumor."

549 - Chinchou: Electric/Water type. "Chinchou discharge electricity from its atteana on its head."
550 - Lanturn: Evolves from 549 at level 27. Electric/Water type. "It's light can be seen from the bottom of the sea up to the surface. It can also discharge powerful electrical attacks from it's orbs."
551 - Narlight: Evolves from 550 in an undetermined way. Electric/Water type. Think Lanturn, but with a major Sp. Attack boost and some other boosts in other areas (seriously, Lanturn needed this, it has horrible stats. "This pokemon has such a bright horn, that it can guide ships safely through any condition."

552 - Chatot: Flying/Normal type. "Capable of imitating human voice, this pokemon can cause tricks to people."
553 - Maestrot: Evolves from 552 om undetermined way. Flying/Normal. Chatot with a Sp. Attack boost. "This pokemon can imitate entire opera's worth of sound and singing. The irony of it all is it can not sing what it hasn't heard."

Fakemon_Sheet_7_by_Jappio01.png

Oooh! Nice new additions Jappio :)

I have to say, by appearance I prefer the Narlight/Maestrot, but I LOVE the concept of Bydra and Hydrax (Always was a fan of mythology ;) ).

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Plataqwil is just brilliant, and would be such a good evolution for Quilfish! Love it, especially since in its dex entry you got across the confusion people had with the good old Duck-billed Platypus!

I agree with Silver Magpie on plataquil :D The only problem area would be eyes, they seem a bit displaced if you ask me.
Bydra and hydrax look great! But hydrax's heads, I think, should be a little bigger and more....ferocious?
I love narlight!! :D But it would look cooler if you added the yellow mask that lanturn has, or a yellow design on its back or something
I love the notes that are above maestrot's head!! Overall I love it! But the beak looks a little disproportioned.

Do you do requests, cause if you do, can you please make an Onix with muscular/rock-like arms and legs, but keep the tail. Then I'd like a Steelix with metallic arms and legs please, thank you.

I do take requests, but only for splices, not for fakemon or any other kind of special project, so instead of scratching the arms, I could make it a splice. I'm thinking Machamp or like Regirock, regirock and Registeel for Steelix.

K, thanx, I was planing on making my own pokedex using my fan made pokemon, and those are some. I call them Bonix and Metallix. Bonix evolves from onix using the Wrestling Belt, and Metallix can evolve from either Bonix or Steelix depending on which item you give the onix first.

Well here are the latest Fakemon. I don't think there is anything I have to go over anything. I just hope that posting this late at night doesn't yield a small number of replies, as does posting at night usually does.

Fakemon_Sheet_8_by_Jappio01.png

554 - Rabburn: Fire type. "A pokemon who lives life on the rough side. It one day dreams to be able to live in a much more distinguished life."
555 - Burnsworth: Evolves from 554 by Fire Stone. Fire type. Good Sp. Attack. Ok P. attack, Sp. defense, and Speed. Bad P defense."This pokemon is said to be a refined pokemon. It takes joy in the finer things in life."

556 - Farfetched: Flying/Normal type. "Farfetch'd are always seen with its famous stalk. It can even use it like a blade."
557 - OutaQuack: Evolves from 556 when it levels up with "Leek Sword" equipped. Flying/Steel type. Increased stats of Farfetch'd, probably aimed towards the attack and speed stats. "After taking up the blade and honing its skilled, this pokemon adapts to battle easily. When it draws it blade out, it will not rest until someone can no longer battle."

558 - Shivcube: Ice type. "This pokemon constantly shivers and chatters its teeth. It makes it hard for it to hide, so it has learned well how to be able to take a hit."
559 - Burblock: Evolves from 558 at level 35. Ice type. Good P. and Sp. Defences. Ok P. Attack. Bad Sp. attack and Speed. "This pokemon is large and heavy, most forces can't even push it back. Reversely this pokemon can't move too well itself either, taking ages to travel long distances."

560 - Spinda: Normal type. "Every Spinda is said to have a different patter of spots. Spinda are also known for being very dizy pokemon.."
561 - Toppleda: Evolves from 560 in undetermined way. Normal type. Spinda, but made a more defensive. "This pokemon looks like it has a hard time standing straight. It may look like it has issue, but its rumored that most have never once fallen over, and actually have great balance. They also retain their unique spot patterns."

Here are the latest Splices. I really get these done a lot faster than Fakemon. An extra big sheet this time since there was a lot I wanted to do. I do need apologize though, some of the requests I got I could not do. They turned out to have pretty much nothing to splice (zapdos + Jolteon was one, I forget the others). The requesters can ask for something different if they wish. Also I'd like to add Drapion to the list of things hard to splice. Seriously, it is too big to give things, and too odd to have things put on it well. So from what I remember, Drapion, Kingdra, and Nosepass are on the list.

Splice_Sheet_33_by_Jappio01.png

Have to say, the Scyther-Butterfree looks immense! Good job! :D

And I'm sure Jey has something to say about the Zangduck :p

Well due to popular demand, I have made a tutorial for splicing. Hope it aids everyone else, and stop asking me for how I do it now! Watch out, it's huge.

Splicing_Tutorial_by_Jappio01.png

Well this sheet personally is one of the biggest let downs I've had now. First off I gave up on one of the Fakemon since I just couldn't get it to work, so I'm figuring I'll just try to make it later. Porygon 0 is a blatant sprite 'edit' of Porygon, which fits what it is suppose to be, but at the same time lacks the skill I'd like to put in it. The hole pokemon though I can't help but love and want.

So yeah overall this has taught me, I'll probably be doing a lot of backtracking when I"m finished so I can fix up all my horrible mistakes....

(Sorry if I'm sounding emo or something, but recently I told myself I'd start improving as a spriter and all this seems like a disimprovement)

Fakemon_Sheet_9_by_Jappio01.png

Here is the Dex datas:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

562 - Turtech: Steel type. "This pokemon uses clockwork technology to be able to move around. Many say when its gears stop spinning, this pokemon stops living."
563 - Fixdines: Evolves from 562 at level 31. Steel type. Good P. Defense. Ok P. attack, Sp. defense. Bad Sp. attack."The king of fixing things, this pokemon is like a swiss army knife, able to help with many different tasks."

564 - Porygon: Normal type. "This pokemon was created completely with code, and it still remains capable of reverting back to the that code to enter cyberspace."
565 - Porygon 2: Normal type. "This Pokemon was made when scientists found a way to evolve Porygon through installing files. It now boasts new A.I. and emotions."
566 - Porygon Z: Normal type. "Another upgrade was applied to the Porygon family. The install wasn't perfect though and some say it has new errors that still need trouble shooting."
567 - Porygon 0: Evolves from 564 by leveling to level 30 with "Evil Wish" held. Dark/Poison type. It is like Porygon Z, but its Sp. Attack is switched with P. Attack "This Pokemon's programming has been corrupted and it now is a virus. People also have referred to it as MISSINGNO." (Yes, it will ask to learn water gun, water gun, and sky attack upon evolution. No, it won't evolve into kangaskhan =D).

568 - Pinepine: Grass type. Good Sp. Def. and HP. Ok P. Attack and Sp.attack and P. Defense, bad speed. "This pokemon avoids battle usually. It will amongst trees and rests for hours. Watch out, its quills are sharp."

569 - Pito: Ground/Dark type. "Watch out for this pokemon in dark caves, people often don't notice it and trip in it. People say this Pokemon has a rivalry with Diglett."
570 - Cavito: Evolves from 569 at level 28. Ground/Dark type. Good P. attack. Ok Sp. Attack and speed. Bad P. and SP. Defense. "This pokemon drags others down into the dark underground, many people say once your pulled in, their is no leaving."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Porygon0 is fine though. It looks like Porygon and is in the same style kind of.

about Fixdines, why not a turtle that has many protrusions from it with a crown. that, was a suggestion.

Well I know what I want for Fixdines, but I can't get those ideas pixlized. I can't even seem to do a decent doodle of it on paper. So its not lack of idea, its lack of skill.