• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Jappio's Poke Splices, Fakemon, and Captace Region

This isn't entirely, new, but I felt that since I just got past 20 sheets of splices, I should celebrate a little. I decided to pull together a whole bunch of splices and show them off. I mainly chose splices I really like, but not everyone else seemed to notice (I blame Licklax and Trogdor, those just seem to hog all the attention). Now its not like I'm asking for an apology for not noticing these the first time through, this is more of a celebration, a showing of some of my favorites over the last 20 pages. I will be getting back to work on splices soon enough (I am though in the middle of Fakemon, so it might be longer). Of course I have changed a few of these to make them look better.

Also I have added all my Splices to my first post.

Splice_Sheet_20th_Anniversary_by_Jappio01.png

The Quilava and Stunky one looks so cool. The Dewgong and Furret should be an evolution to Furret if it's exposed to a Water Stone. And same with the Gardevoir and Seviper one. Total evolution when exposed to a Dusk Stone. They all look very nice Jappio, keep it up.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I luffles that Vulpix/Porygon 2 fusion. Looks so cool!

I really like all your sprites, actually. Keep up the good work!

Well here are my latest Fakemon. I have now created the Starter Pokemon for this region. A grass/electric, a fire/ghost, and a water/fighting. I'm quite happy with the results as they are. The first grass starter I have to say is one of the, if not the, cutest thing I've ever made. The fire line I'm not completely happy with, the final form I feel is done pretty bad. If these were in an actual game I would be hard pressed to decide which starter (I think I'd have to go through the game three times, or start the game 3 times and get all three on my team ^_^). So I'm hoping to hear a lot of comments and critiques.

Fakemon_Starters_by_Jappio01.png

you bet it's cute! -huggles- -eats lolipop- :)
The third grass/electric, are they supposed to have stubs for feet? That's about the only thing that bugs me about that line...
The fire/ghost, the first two are cool but the third one looks a bit....weird? I dunno
The water/fighting, I think the dark blue could be a bit lighter.....I think they should have some type of markings or something because they seem a little bit plain.
otherwise they would make an awesome starter set :D

Pretty good. I like the idea of thunder for a stegasouras. I think maybe you should keep the shell on the other evolutions of your water fake'mon. I agree with DiamondPhantom when she says they are a bit plain. MArkings would be good. Also I think some varied colours would work too. I'm trying to be constructivly criticising, so dont take it the wrong way.

Just to clarify, since so many think so. The Fire/Ghost is not a lollipop, it is a flame on a match. Also the "shell" on the first water is a boxing glove, not a shell.

Well this sheet is nothing but requests. I do have to apologize to the requester of the Pelliper, Kingdra, and kingler, I did a pretty bad job on it, the things didn't go together nicely.

Splice_Sheet_21_by_Jappio01.png

I like all of them in this batch, except for the Regi mix, Regice's legs look a bit strange of Regigigas's body. Personaly, I prefer the left Vulpopotas (Vulpix+Hippopotas) to the right one. That eye just creeps me out.

I have two suggestions, maybe Vulpix+Glaceon, and Rayquaza + Darkrai (maybe Rayquaza + Darkrai + Scyther, I dunno.)

The Azurilma looks like molten cheese, and that makes it awesome. : D

Also, Smoochum's head looks awesome with Poliwag's color scheme. The only problem I have with this batch is Aipomelon's ...horn looks a bit strange. Maybe you could try a Mr. Mime and Sudowoodo splice.

I think that anything you fuse with Azurill shall be cute, :)

I also like the Ninetales/Hippowdon, that is way cool! In a, twisted sorta way, xD
And the Poliwag Smoochum is great, keep it up, Jappio!

Well here are the newest. The one on the bottom right as I noted is not done by me, but my friend. He wanted me to show it off for him. As for the rest nothing really to say.

Splice_Sheet_23_by_Jappio01.png

Very interesting batch this time around! I really like the Torchic/Wynaut/Uxie ones, they are too cute! Keep em coming, Jappio!
And I think you're friends one is pretty awesome too!

The voltorb starmie fusion is awesome.Looks like something Indiana Jones would steal out of a random temple,and then get chased by a boulder,barely getting out alive.o_o

I am so envious of your fusing talent
I really like the voltorb/starmie, at first I thought it was a pokeball...oh, and teh slopoke/turtwig/pineco is utterly amazing ;D keep up teh awesome work

I have to say this, I really do.

These are the ONLY Pokemon splices I have ever seen and LIKED. The fusing is great and some of the ideas are phenomenal!
Keep up the great work! :)

Very Nice...Everything looks like they could actually be in the game...Shading and everything also looks great as well. They all look very nice. Keep it up!

Well here is the latest. Things I feel I should mention. The first one I don't quite like myself, but due to it being a request, I had to do something (Snorunt is not a nice fusion piece). I found something else that fuses with Parasect, which is awesome. I hope you all like the latest of them all. Also I should apologize about me not posting anything in awhile, but things like Brawl and stuff have kept me busy.

Splice_Sheet_24_by_Jappio01.png

These are my newest creations. I also did shinies of them this time round. The first species is the Cherry Bomb pokemon, and then a flower canon type thing. They are pure grasses (as far as I'm thinking right now). Of course their signature move is explosion.

The next one is the plate Pokemon. It's a steel type, and is a defensive type. I'm thinking I might give it an ability pertaining to plates, something like Arceus, but maybe I was thinking that something like a fighting plate will reduce the damage fighting attacks do to it.

The last guy is the stalagmite Pokemon. It's a ground/rock type, I'm thinking power/speed type of guy.

These Pokemon are planned on a grassy/mountain/cave area. Think basically Mt. Moon and the route after it.

Fakemon_Sheet_3_by_Jappio01.png

Those are all really nicely scratched, and my faves are the first ones.

The Japanese style clog-slipper thingies are totally awesome, on that one pokemon at the end. Very creative with that plate idea.
Great job, can't wait to see more!

Oh, great work, Jappio.
I love the Shedinja/Pachirisu, the one with the Pachirisu body. The one with the Shedinja body is nice also, I love the colors.
I also love the little baby Kangaskhan that looks like Dusknoir, it's adorable.
Keep up the totally awesome work. Can't wait to see more.

HOLYCRAPMANBEARPIG>:-3. Oh yeeeaaaah. Heh heh, smoking Wingull. XD. I really like your work! I think you do really well. I have two requests: May I please have a Crobat Cosplayer, and a Bellossom fusion with Octillery? Thanks!

I don't take requests on Cosplays Tobi.

Well these are all requests I had to do. I would have normally quit on that Blazekien, Misdreavous, Persian, and Suddowoodo one if it were my idea, but since it was a request I had to do it. Well hope you all like them, please comment.

Splice_Sheet_26_by_Jappio01.png

OMIGOSH...
That Persian+Blaziken+Suddowoodo+Misdreavus totally own's!
and I dont think I ever said this before, but the one from a couple ago, the swampert, slowking and nidoqueen is really well fused, and I think it's the best so far.
Great job, can't wait to see more!

Here today I am presenting the Captace region. As mentioned before, these Fakemon I make were designed for someone elses region, so since he lost interest, I decided I'd start working on my own. I will now give some maps and descriptions of the region.

Captace_Region_Map_by_Jappio01.png

Well anything in *'s are subject to change once I come up with more detailed ideas.

*Captace Region* is obviously a mountainess region. There is also a large river running through it. I have provided three maps. Two that are in the normal pokemon style. One is to a smaller more familiar size, the other has longer routes, both are pretty much the same. The third map shows features like forests and mountains better. The third also has the towns numbered, here is a description of each and some plot descriptions.

1. *Home Town* To the south is *Serenity Meadow*
2. *Town 2* Usual town where a parcel or whatever must be delivered. I might not do the delivery, but hey, it is classic so I might (I try not to be too stereo typical with everything, but some things I think are more so tradition).
3. *Town 3* First gym, a normal gym, you receive the Regular Badge upon victory.
4. *Peak Town* Home of the fifth gym, a wind gym, get Cyclone Badge. Various reasons as to why you can't do this gym yet. Also a planned town for a *Team Rocket* attack.
5. *Requiem Town* Home of the 2nd gym, a psychic gym, get Mind's Eye Badge. League route blocked by guy who needs to check for badges.
6. *Town 6* A nothing planned Town. The bike route to the south of it is only accessible by bike, so you must travel through the swamp.
7. *Swamp Town* 3rd Gym, poison gym, get Toxic Badge. Town sits on top of board walks, like the one town in R/S, but instead of over water, they are over a toxic swamp.
8. *Town 8* Bike is received here. Probably also a department store. Suppose to be the place to go when you come to this region.
9. *Town 9* 4th Gym, dragon gym, get *Draco Badge*. Originally a bridge/boat gets you across the river. Events though prevent you to get back, you obtain fly though and go back to to Town 4.
10. *Town 10* No real purpose as of now. Something prevents heading west (Future HM required or something).
11. *Town 11* 6th Gym Fire/Ice gym. Two leaders, double battle. Get the Burning Cold badge.
12. *Town 12* Another not really sure what I'm going to do with it town.
13. Crater Canyon. 7th Gym, Dark gym, get the Void Badge. Possibly legendary event goes down here or is explained.
14. *Town 14* Hard to reach secret town. 8th gym, Lightning gym, Bolt Badge. Sea connection, probably for S.S. activities. Also the town is surrounded in constant storms.
15. *Town 15* Not even sure if it will be town. Place where E4 is.

Planned things:
-Things like the breeding center and gambling hall could go anywhere Probably gambling hall goes in town 8, and breeder in town 6.
-Town 10 or 12 might get a "Pseudo Gym" Something like the fighting dojo in Blue/Red, special prize for winning.
-Extra Caves and Routes might exist and be added or not shown.
-A bridge exists between Town 5 and Town 6
-Routes will be given numbers. They are yet to be depicted, but more likely than not they will go 500, 501, 502, etc... It should be pretty much every piece of land between towns is one route.

Now another update I have is the additions of some new shinies, and Pokedex Entries for the Fakemon I've made so far. Here they are.

Fakemon_Starters_by_Jappio01.png

Fakemon_Sheet_1_by_Jappio01.png

The following is the Pokedex of my region. Some things are subject to change. This gives types, stats, and little Pokedex explanations for things I have stories on. For the stats, I usually don't tell about the earlier forms since they don't differ too much usually. I also go off of a "Good, Average, or Bad" scale. Also at the ends if anything special has to be mentioned it will be done in parentheses. (Please forgive my random capitulation and shortening of some terms like Special Attack, I get sort of inconsistent, but I'm sure it shouldn't be an issue.

Dex # - Pokemon Name: Basic Description. "Pokedex Explanation" (Extra info)

501 - Boty: Grass Starter. Pure grass. "This pokemon is covered in two large leaves. It's leaves act as a way to supply energy to itself through photosynthesis."
502 - Botablitz: Evolves from Boty at level 16. Is a grass/electric pokemon. Is good with physical Attack and Defense. Ok Special attack and defense. Has bad speed. "The leaves of Boty have grown up onto its back. This pokemon's Photosynthesis system is so strong that it converts all the excess energy to actually produce electricity. It discharges it out of its tail when can't hold anymore.
503 - Botamizer: Evolves from Botablitz at level 34. Is a grass/electric pokemon. Is good with physical Attack and Defense. Ok Special attack and defense. Has bad speed. "The leaves break out into smaller more razor sharp plates. It's tail also becomes a much stronger weapon. Botamizers aren't aggressive, but watch out, they will fight if threatened.

504 - Matwhisip: Fire/ghost starter. "This match is lit by vengeful and evil souls. At this stage though is merely a small flame. Although being a combination of evil souls, it can be a very friendly pokemon, but be sure to never get on its bad side."
505 - Torch'O: Evolves from Matwhisp at level 14. Strong special attack. Speed and Special defence are average. Bad physical defense and physical attack. "The flames gather and the match becomes too little of a place for the flames to sit. So they envelope a torch. The flames grow bigger and bigger."
506 - Flamewill: Evolves from Torch'O at level 36. Strong special attack. Speed and Special defense are average. Bad physical defense and physical attack. "Eventually all the flames and sorrow enveloped the torch. Now Flamewill wanders the world, a living body of vengeful flame."

507 - Hermunch: Water type starter. "This small creature resided in a boxing glove. Hermunch tend to be shy and not very outgoing.
508 - Merboxer: Evolves from Hermunch at level 18. Strong Physical attack. Average speed, physical defence, special attack. Bad special defense. "Merboxer takes a turn in attitude than it did in its previous form. They are very outgoing, and love to fight."
509 - Pummelid: Evolves from Merbox at level 32. Strong Physical attack. Average speed, physical defense, special attack. Bad special defense. "Watch out for its many fists. Pummelid is a powerful squid with more fists than you can keep up with. If that thing gets near, watch out for a vortex of punches."

510 - Muttle: A normal type. Think basic Rattata type pokemon. "This small dog is very common in the Captace region. It can be found out in fields and plains, but even in city alleys and forests. Even though it is a mut, it has a powerful sense of pride."
511 - Mutdirt: A normal/ground type. Evolves from Muttle at level 15. Has good physical attack and speed. Everything else is average or bad. "Mutdirts live in dirty areas and develope a dirt cloud to follow them at there feet. Mutdirt can turn a clean room to dirty in a matter of seconds."

512 - Larvo: A bug type. Only knows harden. "This small larvae isn't really ready for battle. Being curious though they wander from there colonies oftenly."
513 - Solentoid: Evolves from Larvo at level 10. Bug/Fire type. Good Special Attack. Average Physical attack and speed. Bad defenses. "This ant is very hostile. It will do all it will to defend its colony. Watch out, they can spew flames too."
514 - Solenflare: Evolves from Solentoid at level 22. Bug/Fire type. Good Special Attack. Average Physical attack and speed. Bad defenses. "These nasty bugs you should watch out. The most powerful of the colony, Solenflares shoot flames from the canon on their top arms. This species is especially good at defending against rival bug pokemon."

515 - Plategon: A steel type. "This Pokemon uses protective plates to defend itself. It's said that it can find many different types of plates." (This pokemon has a new poke effect. Basically it works like Arceus. Depending on the plate on it, it gains something like 10-50% resistance that is the same as the plate attached to it. This effect carries over to all its forms.)
516 - Platido: Evolves from Plategon at level 18. Good defenses. Average P. Attack. Bad Speed and S. Attack. "This Pokemon uses its strong plates on its arms as shields. Very little can penetrate them."
517 - Platurai: Evolves from Platido at Level 40. Good defenses. Average P. Attack. Bad Speed and S. Attack. "This Pokemon is said to be able to defend any attack. Clad in it's plate armor, it definitely is a hard foe to take down.

518 - Cherrius: Grass type. "Some call them the cousin of the Voltorb family. Cherrius explode when agitated. They grow in bunches in trees and bushes, making it hard for scientists to classify it well. (Explosion will be a definite attack it can learn.)
519 - Bloomboom: Grass type. Evolves from Cherrius at level 22. Good special attack. Average speed, physical defense, and physical attack. Bad Special defense. "This pokemon also has a short temper like its previous form. Watch out though, it doesn't just explode, it has been known to launch things it has stored up inside.

520 - Stalagmite (no name yet): Rock/Ground type. "Found in caves, this pokemon can be pretty tough. It tries most of the time to climb to the ceiling of caves, but being top heavy and having very little grip, it can't seem to get up there."
521 - Stalagmite (no name yet): Rock/Ground type. Evolves from Stalagmite at level 20. Good attack and speed. Average P. Defense. Bad S. attack and defense. "With legs and arms now, it is able to jump and climb. Sadly due to the fact it doesn't have fingers it can't really cling to the ceiling and is still doomed to fall, make sure it isn't on you though."

513 - Bird (no name yet): Flying/normal type. "A small bird. It's bright colors make it very noticeable and is actually a pretty easy to catch pokemon for beginners."
514 - Bird (no name yet): Evolves from 513 at level 16. Flying/electric type. Good S. and P. attacks. Average speed. Bad defenses. "Upon evolution, it become a whole new type of bird. The colors now let other animals know that this bird shouldn't be messed with. In the sky this Pokemon is avoided by other bird, due to the fact this pokemon can fight them off easily."
515 - Bird (no name yet): Evolves from 514 at level 34. Flying/electric type. Good S. and P. attacks. Average speed. Bad defenses. "Some have mistaken this bird as a legendary or god like being. Some have even said that it can make it thunder storm. Truly a bird of storms."

Loads of text, I know, but hey, you don't have to read it, just look at the pretty pictures.

Very nice, Jappio, I too am working on my very own region, all though I'm not scratching my sprites...
Although I've opted to make all the pokemon before everything else. I like the new shading of your pokemon, but I have to say, maybe more shades, and not making them too plain. Also, it seems you have missed your 'plate' pokemon in the spritesheet.

I really do like em, and I can't wait to see the badges.

~Slink

Slink, I know, I only reposted the things that didn't have shinies yet. Plategon, Cherrius, and the stalagmite pokemon already have shinies and you can find like a page back.

Well here are the newest ones. I should explain the bottom right. Well I was just thinking about how anything with Metaknight's mask can look awesome, well I figured it could do the same to Bellossom. So I made the pieces and thats the product. After making that though I realized by making a few more pieces and changes I could just make Metaknight himsels, so hence that one sprite I just recently posted.

Splice_Sheet_27_by_Jappio01.png

Uh... your Mewtwo fusion isn't Darkrai, it's Giratina. ;p

Very nice fusions, though. I have to say, you have some of the most creative mashups I've seen.

Well in the hopes to get better at shading, I did some revamps as was suggested to me. I think I did a good job. I used some Pokemon Gold sprites and made my own colors. I also left the colors used the right of them. Feel free to comment.

Revamps_by_Jappio01.png

Well I decided to do the badges for my new region. In case no one read or remembers them:

Regular Badge: A normal gym.
Mind's Eye Badge: A psychic gym.
Toxic Badge: A poison gym.
Draco Badge: A dragon gym.
Cyclone Badge: A wind gym.
Burning Cold Badge: A fire/ice double battle gym.
Void Badge: A dark gym.
Smiting Badge: A lightning gym.

I know, most are sort of uncreative in name, but I like them.

Captace_Region_Badges_by_Jappio01.png

Awesome!! Those badges look great! The burning cold badge looks the best :)
Time to talk about the recolors....
Gligar..I feel like the colors are a bit bright, otherwise I love it!
Raichu...I can see the shading but it still looks a bit flat
I love the rest as they are! :D