• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join It's Showtime! (Coordinator College RP Discussion)

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Basically, I thought that in a few weeks (I thought maybe we could do a time skip after we finish the first or second day?) the school would put on its first few contests of the year. In order, there would be a Senior contest, a Junior contest, a Sophomore contest, and then the first ever contest for Freshman students attending Luvendale Academy. That way, the Freshman could observe other contests before they perform in their own. This contest, also called The Morning Star Contest, is a chance for Freshman to breakout and get noticed as coordinators in their own right. I thought that every contest at the academy would probably be aired on television, for people to see the talent blossoming at the top coordinating academy worldwide. As for the prize of the contest, I was thinking there would be a scholarship, a special Luvendale ribbon (I had an idea that one ribbon from Luvendale equals two normal contest ribbons, which means that winning three ribbons while you're at Luvendale guarantees you a spot in the Unova Grand Festival. However this is extremely hard to accomplish because of heavy competition and the number of students as a whole), and a few hours with Wallace, in which he will personally critique your performance, give you special advice regarding contests as a whole, and provide you with his autograph. As for the rules of the contest, I was thinking only one Pokemon during first stage and single battle format during second stage, to make it fairly simplistic (however, I'm not sure whether the Pokemon used should be the same during both stages, or whether you could use a different Pokemon during each stage). I was thinking that the students would probably find posters explaining this contest at lunch, though one brave student could probably ask Mr. Allen at the end of his class to explain it as well. Like I said before, anyone can change this if they have new ideas. I just wanted to draw out a starting line for the actual performing part of this Academy.
I just wanted to ask if there is anyone who personally wants to win this contest we're planning so we can plan it out enough to see who wins and lose and etc

Or should we have actual outside readers as judges

I just wanted to ask if there is anyone who personally wants to win this contest we're planning so we can plan it out enough to see who wins and lose and etc

Kind of spoilers? But I was planning on having Jean's father arrive either the day before or the day of - whichever we decide to do a time skip to - and he's gonna distract Jean and prevent him from getting past the first round so yEAH I'm not even trying to win that contest. It's anyone's prize. As for the impartial judge thing, maybe it's possible to quote every performance part in the RP and post it in a public forum and ask people to vote on which thing is the best? Either that or we could create a poll open to us and other people in the group, that lets us anonymously vote on which act gets to move on.

Also - not related to your quote reply, Crimson - I realize that the ending of my last post was kind of odd, but there's a reason for that. Whoever answers the joke gets a special thing as he's doing his teacher introduction thingumabob (or if no one goes, then it's just going to be random selection bc why not). I might be kind of basing him off one of my favorite college professors? Idk if anyone thinks the joke is too odd or if Onion is imagining him a different way, then I can totally change it and just skip right to the introduction, or let someone else take over the teacher. I'm just trying to keep the story progressing as reasonably quickly as possible.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Also - not related to your quote reply, Crimson - I realize that the ending of my last post was kind of odd, but there's a reason for that. Whoever answers the joke gets a special thing as he's doing his teacher introduction thingumabob (or if no one goes, then it's just going to be random selection bc why not). I might be kind of basing him off one of my favorite college professors? Idk if anyone thinks the joke is too odd or if Onion is imagining him a different way, then I can totally change it and just skip right to the introduction, or let someone else take over the teacher. I'm just trying to keep the story progressing as reasonably quickly as possible.
I WOULD reply to that post, but I just posted right before that post, so I want to give another person a chance to reply lmao

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Asking this more out of curiosity than anything, but what does the dorm layout look like in terms of who's rooming with who?
A small suite really with a double twin bed, each receptively on one side of the room, closet, and bathroom

It goes by pairs, but there's the special occasion where Jean, Crimson, and Cas are rooming together
It was originally Crim and Jean and then Cas's RPer wanted Cas to join in with Jean, so we just mad it a three-way

But I'm going to have Crimson tolerate it a few days before he moves out of the room to get a non-three way room lol

I really like the idea of having an open anonymous poll between us to vote for the winner of the Contest, however in a Grand Festival roleplay that I was apart of a little while ago, the owner of the thread (who didn't participate in the festival) simply found two other outside members of Pokecharms and had them do the judging. It was completely non-biased (I hope) and things ran very smoothly - (I was in the final two, but the RP died before me and Sarah could battle it out and have a victor. I cri.) so that could be an option as well?

I'm just not a huge fan of planning the results of something like this ahead of time, because it adds more of a realistic/fun way of roleplaying when we're all actually doing our best to "win" lol

Last edited:
Name: Robin Ambers
Appearance: Robin is a tall slender young woman with long wavy black hair. She wears a black coat with a grey crop top under it. She wears black leggings and black military boots that cover her knees.
Personality: Robin is a complex person. At first she comes of as cold, serious, mature, and basically a jerk. But when you get to know her she can be sassy, sarcastic, witty, and emotional. She normally hides her emotions
Backstory: ever since she was a child her father forced her to study coordinating with her pokemon. This pushed her to isolate people and soon her only friends were her pokemon. All she did was practice, eat, learn, and sleep a minimum of 4 hours a day as a child.
Pokemon: Ninetales, Raichu, Weavile, Espeon.
Other: Her Ninetales wears a white cherry blossom in her "hair"

Holy gubumga (sorry if I'm spelling it wrong)

Last edited:

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Name: Robin Ambers
Appearance: Robin is a tall slender young woman with long wavy black hair. She wears a black coat with a grey crop top under it. She wears black leggings and black military boots that cover her knees.
Personality: Robin is a complex person. At first she comes of as cold, serious, mature, and basically a jerk. But when you get to know her she can be sassy, sarcastic, witty, and emotional. She normally hides her emotions
Backstory: ever since she was a child her father forced her to study coordinating with her pokemon. This pushed her to isolate people and soon her only friends were her pokemon. All she did was practice, eat, learn, and sleep a minimum of 4 hours a day as a child.
Pokemon: Ninetales, Raichu, Swellow, Weavile, Riolu, Espeon
Other: Her Ninetales wears a white cherry blossom in her "hair"
Please go back to read the rules of its entirety

Maybe that whole post as well, because only 4 pokemon

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
@OmnipotentOnion Don't want to pressure or rush you or anything, but I just wanted to ask you if you're still on this role play. You haven't posted in the thread for a while, so I was just wondering. Like I said, no rush or anything, it was just out of curiosity

Quick question: Is it okay if I make the professor cuss? Like are people cool if I drop ONE f-bomb? I tried scanning the site rules and the rules of this thread and couldn't find anything saying I couldn't, but I wanted to check with everyone just to make sure.

I think we should have Onion put all of our names in a random name chooser just to decide all the places then we role play out are actual performance

I think we should have Onion put all of our names in a random name chooser just to decide all the places then we role play out are actual performance

There are some OCs in the RP that might want to work harder and win more than others. There's also the possibility that none of our characters win the contest, as there are a few hundred other Freshman at the Academy that the judges can choose from. I could be wrong, but I think putting everything into a randomizer would be a mess, and might also unintentionally shatter some people's character development over the course of the RP.

Anyways, I'm all for the outside readers if anyone has some fancy schmancy connections with free time on their hands.

There are some OCs in the RP that might want to work harder and win more than others. There's also the possibility that none of our characters win the contest, as there are a few hundred other Freshman at the Academy that the judges can choose from. I could be wrong, but I think putting everything into a randomizer would be a mess, and might also unintentionally shatter some people's character development over the course of the RP.

Anyways, I'm all for the outside readers if anyone has some fancy schmancy connections with free time on their hands.
You are correct but this would give everyone a fair shot. And if someone doesn't want there OC to win they could just be put out. But those who would be for hard working towards the goal. The lose could give them even more character development by showing just how ambitious they are and if they had realized what mistakes they made, if they would do something to sabotage the results, how they would react, etc. And having a someone who isnt an actual roleplayer win would be a great suprising twist. However having outsiders judge would be fun. But that would also give the people who write more complex post an upper hand.

Last edited:

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
You are correct but this would give everyone a fair shot. And if someone doesn't want there OC to win they could just be put out. But those who would be for hard working towards the goal. The lose could give them even more character development by showing just how ambitious they are and if they had realized what mistakes they made, if they would do something to sabotage the results, how they would react, etc. However having outsiders judge would be fun. But that would also give the people who write more complex post an upper hand.
That the part about roleplaying, you are expected to be able to pull off complex and detailed posts. Randomizing wouldn't be as fair in my opinion. It about who is the most deserving of first place. That's where the unbiased judges come in. They read the posts to see who put the most effort into their performance, which is the person who is most deserving

That the part about roleplaying, you are expected to be able to pull off complex and detailed posts. Randomizing wouldn't be as fair in my opinion. It about who is the most deserving of first place. That's where the unbiased judges come in. They read the posts to see who put the most effort into their performance, which is the person who is most deserving
I'm not judging you or trying to question you (but I kinda sorta am) but how do you know these judges are not bias? But your also correct saying it would be more fair. Now that I think about having judges come in would be a better idea. And your correct about the detailed post thing.