• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join It's Showtime! (Coordinator College RP Discussion)

LOL XD she doesn't have cats XD buddy XD unless you are talking about your character XD Manectric has a few Dark-Type attacks XD

That reminds me, how many moves can our Pokemon learn? The standard 4?

Oh, and I forgot to say it in the RP, but Butch's voice is a bit deeper than a girl's. She can't sing any Soprano notes, only the deeper side of Alto

Oh yea, I just read your post xD Oh well XD But literally, her Manectric was born as a fighting dog. You know, those illegal fighting rings where they sic dogs on each other, and the ones that lose are the ones that are so badly beaten that they can't move and actually die? Yea, it's about as bad as roosters fighting XD guess where the inspiration for Blaziken came from XD

Well Miel is sitting directly in front of Butch, to Miel's right is Dylan, to Miel's left is Cas, and I have no idea where Jean is. Probably to the left and in front. And Crim, you're right by the window, probably on one of the first three rows, and the windows are on the opposite side of the door. Velvet had taken a seat far away from the commotion, so she'd be in the back of the class, probably in the corner, since most of the others are at the front or in the middle of the class.

Oh yeah, sorry. I was a little busy. You guys can auto the teachers, but here's what I'm planning to do with the notecards.

Once De La Torre has everyone's, everyone will stand up. She'll read the stuff in the cards out loud, and if the thing doesn't apply to your OC, they have to sit down. That way, only one person will be remaining, and that'll be the person whose notecard De La Torre read out.

Also, to make the everyone-autos-the-teachers thing smooth, I'll list the teachers' personalities.

Ms. De La Torre: Always excited and ready to teach her kids. She might seem a little extra and too kind, but she will exact discipline when necessary.
Mr. Allen: A really laid-back kind of person; pretty "chill", but can be serious if needed. However, his easygoing personality doesn't hinder his ability to properly teach the lesson at hand.
Coach Evaristo: Just think "Drill Sergeant that you just pissed off". You know what I mean; the whole "playing the whistle like a tuba" thing and a face as red as a tomato.
Mrs. Holt: Humorous; good at calling people who are goofing off out and embarrassing them.
Mr. Stephens: The classic "Makes you want to slam your head against your desk" Boring Teacher, monotone voice and all.
Ms. Clover: Serious; thoroughly knows what she's teaching and how to teach it. None of that "socializing" mess.
Mr. Trent: The Entertainer. Knows how to make learning English extremely fun, which is no small feat.

I'm sorry XD I had my wisdom teeth removed last year... Had chipmunk cheeks for a couple days after the procedure, but the only real problem is going to right after you wake up from the procedure, where the gauze will feel like it's tearing apart your surgical sites. Other than that, you'll be in bed all day :) and you can have people tend to you XD

S C R E A M I N G

I didn't check the RP. Can someone give me a quick summary of what happened? Also, Mr. Stephens reminds me of a teacher I had last year. *sharp inhale* I never thought History could be that mind-numbingly boring. It was relatively boring before, but...HOO BOY

Nothing much happened since your last post. Jean sat next to Velvet and began talking with her, and they both did their notecards. Other than that, you only missed two posts XD

I know that XD that's why I put in something about your character. I probably should've put in "besides Cas", and then the list of reasons why it wasn't your character XD

Edit: There XD better?

Hey. I added a few more paragraphs to my last post in the RP, ending the first class to help move the story along. I also dropped just the name of the first contest of the year (The Morning Star Contest), which I can change if anyone has any problem with it.

Basically, I thought that in a few weeks (I thought maybe we could do a time skip after we finish the first or second day?) the school would put on its first few contests of the year. In order, there would be a Senior contest, a Junior contest, a Sophomore contest, and then the first ever contest for Freshman students attending Luvendale Academy. That way, the Freshman could observe other contests before they perform in their own. This contest, also called The Morning Star Contest, is a chance for Freshman to breakout and get noticed as coordinators in their own right. I thought that every contest at the academy would probably be aired on television, for people to see the talent blossoming at the top coordinating academy worldwide. As for the prize of the contest, I was thinking there would be a scholarship, a special Luvendale ribbon (I had an idea that one ribbon from Luvendale equals two normal contest ribbons, which means that winning three ribbons while you're at Luvendale guarantees you a spot in the Unova Grand Festival. However this is extremely hard to accomplish because of heavy competition and the number of students as a whole), and a few hours with Wallace, in which he will personally critique your performance, give you special advice regarding contests as a whole, and provide you with his autograph. As for the rules of the contest, I was thinking only one Pokemon during first stage and single battle format during second stage, to make it fairly simplistic (however, I'm not sure whether the Pokemon used should be the same during both stages, or whether you could use a different Pokemon during each stage). I was thinking that the students would probably find posters explaining this contest at lunch, though one brave student could probably ask Mr. Allen at the end of his class to explain it as well. Like I said before, anyone can change this if they have new ideas. I just wanted to draw out a starting line for the actual performing part of this Academy.

Oh, and as for that activity I had planned for Mr. Allen's class, I was thinking that he could ask the students to go up on stage (I thought it might make sense for the classroom to be laid out auditorium style, which a huge stage in the front for practicing techniques), and show off themselves and one of their partner Pokemon using only one move (kind of like what's required during the first round of a Grant Festival) without any preparation. It would have to be memorable and executed with grace, as this will be the introduction to everyone's performing capabilities. It will also test the quality of the synergy between trainer and pokemon. Again, open to suggestions- this was just an idea that I thought would be neat for everyone in a class to get to know each other, and to kickoff the coordinating part of this RP.

Oh, also if one of you makes it to where Cas, Dylan, or Crimson stays inside the classroom for a bit, I'll just edit my last post.

Last edited:

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Hey. I added a few more paragraphs to my last post in the RP, ending the first class to help move the story along. I also dropped just the name of the first contest of the year (The Morning Star Contest), which I can change if anyone has any problem with it.

Basically, I thought that in a few weeks (I thought maybe we could do a time skip after we finish the first or second day?) the school would put on its first few contests of the year. In order, there would be a Senior contest, a Junior contest, a Sophomore contest, and then the first ever contest for Freshman students attending Luvendale Academy. That way, the Freshman could observe other contests before they perform in their own. This contest, also called The Morning Star Contest, is a chance for Freshman to breakout and get noticed as coordinators in their own right. I thought that every contest at the academy would probably be aired on television, for people to see the talent blossoming at the top coordinating academy worldwide. As for the prize of the contest, I was thinking there would be a scholarship, a special Luvendale ribbon (I had an idea that one ribbon from Luvendale equals two normal contest ribbons, which means that winning three ribbons while you're at Luvendale guarantees you a spot in the Unova Grand Festival. However this is extremely hard to accomplish because of heavy competition and the number of students as a whole), and a few hours with Wallace, in which he will personally critique your performance, give you special advice regarding contests as a whole, and provide you with his autograph. As for the rules of the contest, I was thinking only one Pokemon during first stage and single battle format during second stage, to make it fairly simplistic (however, I'm not sure whether the Pokemon used should be the same during both stages, or whether you could use a different Pokemon during each stage). I was thinking that the students would probably find posters explaining this contest at lunch, though one brave student could probably ask Mr. Allen at the end of his class to explain it as well. Like I said before, anyone can change this if they have new ideas. I just wanted to draw out a starting line for the actual performing part of this Academy.

Oh, and as for that activity I had planned for Mr. Allen's class, I was thinking that he could ask the students to go up on stage (I thought it might make sense for the classroom to be laid out auditorium style, which a huge stage in the front for practicing techniques), and show off themselves and one of their partner Pokemon using only one move (kind of like what's required during the first round of a Grant Festival). It would have to be memorable and executed with grace, as this will be the introduction to everyone's performing capabilities. Again, open to suggestions- this was just an idea that I thought would be neat for everyone in a class to get to know each other, and to kickoff the coordinating part of this RP.

Oh, also if one of you makes it to where Cas, Dylan, or Crimson stays inside the classroom for a bit, I'll just edit my last post.
I am totally loving and adoring how much thought was put into this and would love to have this plot play out

What do you mean by stay inside the classroom? Like to just roleplay the students hanging out in there after class?

I am totally loving and adoring how much thought was put into this and would love to have this plot play out

What do you mean by stay inside the classroom? Like to just roleplay the students hanging out in there after class?

In my extension of my last post in the RP, I wrote that the three of them walked out of class and Jean kind of booked it to catch up, and so I meant if your character stayed behind to ask the professor a question, headed off in their own direction rather than walking in a group, or was just slow at getting out of class in general, then I would edit that post to include that.

Ooh I also forgot to mention that the Morning Star Contest would be completely optional, though there's not really a reason why a student wouldn't want to compete? That I can think of? Well, maybe personal reasons, but still. I was also thinking of maybe having five contests per semester?

Last edited:
Name: Aria Alscée (Pronounced a little like "I'll say")
Appearance: Aria cares a great deal about her appearance and always tries to look as pretty as possible. She has straight blonde hair that falls just below her shoulders, and occasionally clips a contest ribbon in it to tie it back. Her eyes are a nice amber colour and she has pale skin. She has a variety of different outfits and often does her best to look her best, including a selection of crop tops, jean shorts, jeans, t-shirts, and dresses.
Personality: Aria is obsessed with outer beauty, and dreams of becoming both a model and a top coordinator. She is quick to make judgements on other people based on appearance, as it's something she feels like everyone should take pride in. In contests, she often focuses on appealing to the audience rather than directly attacking her opponents, and knows how to work a crowd. A little cold, but caring deep down, especially to her Pokémon. Ambitious and can be a little malicious.
Backstory: Aria grew up in Kalos, in Laverre City, where she developed a taste for fashion early on. She initially did not care for Pokémon too much, but after seeing Pokémon contests she changed her mind and set out to become a model and top co-ordinatior, eventually securing a ribbon at a very small contest in Sinnoh. Hungry for more, she set out with her Pokémon to learn from the best in preparation for achieving her goals...
Pokémon: Gardevoir, Flygon, Magcargo, Clawitzer
Other: Should be good?