• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join It's Showtime! (Coordinator College RP Discussion)

Yes, but he copied a move and its execution from a prior performance that Mr. Allen was a part of (at least as a judge). He knew creativity and everything else is a really big... I dunno a word for this... Thing xD A really big part of performing. He literally did the exact same thing, but with a different Pokemon. He won't get disqualified (that's his anxiety talking), but he would probably get told by the teacher that he should figure out how to stop stage fright (you know... if he caught on), and/or tell him he should also figure out how to think quickly and on the spot when on stage and still make his performance creative.

@Occidentali's Karma

Will Robin be disqualified if she uses three basic moves and then combines them to make the show stopper?

The activity is really just about getting the most out of a little, so using only one move, no matter how basic, is optimal. There doesn't have to be any fancy performing stuff too. What the teacher is looking for is not who can make the fanciest performance using only one move, but instead who can pour out their heart into a single move the most. He doesn't want to say this yet because he wants to see the true nature of the people in his class first. But yeah. If you were going to be using something like water gun and combine with a thunderbolt, then you would be disqualified.

Also, he was trying to be slightly showy with his Pokemon's prowess, and not really pouring anything into the move being used. Although, they were loving it on stage, and Miel's stage fright went away slightly.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
his Pokemon began glowing with an iridescent glow before she erupted into a bright flash of rainbow colors. She then fired these orbs of bright lights in the air above themselves and the audience.
Are these two moves? Or one? I'm going need you to put this into context for me lmao

Um does anyone know a way on how to have electricity stay in one place and just float? I need to know for my performance. And can pokemon coordination involve music?

Electro Ball is the move you want to use. As for the music, I don't remember if there was any contest music in the anime or not. You could probably bring a stereo or something to class, but that's overkill. This is just a class activity, not a full on performance.

Are these two moves? Or one? I'm going need you to put this into context for me lmao

The Dazzling Gleam causes the Pokemon to glow in bright rainbow colors, which is then shot at the opponent. She just made herself glow with the power of this move and shoot it up in the air until they all burst into sparkles that disappear in a matter of 5 minutes. They also act sticky XD kind of.

I completely forgot her age because I'm in a lot of RPs and she's a different age in most of them, Ill edit it. And I completely forgot to replace Swellow with Raichu, she has a lot of different teams

XD Yea, and she's had decent fighting training XD Not as much as Miel, as his brothers like to poke fights from him every once in awhile... Since he was 6.... Which is when he learned how to fight from Pokemon until the age of 10.... So yea, he's had more experience than Butch. He has a blue belt in karate, while his younger brother by 10 minutes, Stror, has a black belt. His youngest brother is better than him in karate, with a purple belt.

Also, @Økama even though none of the NPC students didn't see your character (or I assume didn't care), you can't exactly say that no one, and I mean no one, didn't see your character disappear and didn't notice she was gone. I mean, she left kind of abruptly during her performance. How could anyone forget that she disappeared, especially when Miel had his Lapras go and see her to calm her down? Plus, her performance was unique. Nobody would forget her, especially with how she dressed.

Just saying, but I don't know if "NO ONE" would be the right words to describe that. I would say that some people, since I wouldn't guess that some people would be asleep right now (if I were in there, I might be dozing off a little ^^''' ), but our characters probably would have noticed.

Not sure if that counted as autoing, since you are implying that our characters didn't notice her disappearance and re-entrance, so it probably would.

I wanted to kinda erase the fact that she left because I realized that it really doesn't fit her character. And I think Autoing has to be up to a certain degree before it can actually be called Autoing

Welp...

"Autoing (also known as "bunnying" in certain RP communities) is the act of controlling another RPer's character without their permission. This may take many different forms - from describing another player's character taking a certain action that their player did not make them take to forcing a hit on another player's character in a battle - all of which are equally annoying and none of which are considered acceptable behaviour."

I guess you're kind of right, but with how you said it and emphasized the words "no one", it seemed that you were saying that no one should have seen her reenter or her disappearance (which follows under the portion I bolded). I mean, if it didn't fit your character at all, then I'm sorry for the confusion and for the mistake. But saying that your character came in unnoticed would be wrong XD since, as I've explained from my very last post, that Miel had noticed her disappearance and had Laplace go and see her, while Butch could see everything since she's at the very back of the class. Plus, your character made a stunning performance, so who wouldn't notice her disappearance? Maybe Mr. Allen wouldn't notice her reentering into the class until he turned around in his chair, and maybe a few students who didn't pay attention, but still.

Not sure if this is minimodding either, but eh :/ I'm just really confused, and wanted clarification.

Well, thank you for agreeing, and so sorry for bringing it up, but it kind of bugged me. XD

Although, I would suggest changing "NO ONE" to "some people", so there is less confusion and our characters can be written without needing to follow it. Although, not sure Disappearance works in that sentence either XD I would suggest changing that to return or something along those lines.

Of course, you don't have to :) Just suggestions, but it would make your post smoother :)

By the way, I'm not hating XD You have a pretty good character and I like how you RP, since it's different than mine and I like different things. Just some suggestions for your words, that's all.

Hey, I have insomnia too XD I roleplay to sleep XD it actually kind of helps, until we get into a really good part of the RP, then I can't sleep... So yea, it's a hit or miss with that technique XD Just drink some milk, take some melatonin pills, or read a book or do something to help you sleep. For me, it's always been making lists or creating stats or copying down characters in lists. I literally have 100+ pages just full of lists of Pokemon.

Also, see ya :)

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
I’m just reading the roleplay and wow

What does Butch have against Meil and Crimson? Not that I’m complaining as it would make a great plot line, but I was just wondering where she gets this grudge from lol