SIGNUPS ARE NOW CLOSED!
Due to positive reception and the arrival of Pokemon Bank today, the Insane Calculation tournament has officially received the go-ahead. The rules are as follows, some of which have been directly taken from the previous topic:
The rules are similar to the Alphabet Soup tournament held back in Gen IV but, hence the name, a fair bit more complicated. It's 3vs3 singles again, mainly so that people don't have to breed and train too many Pokemon right away, and instead of just letters, you'll be receiving three separate characteristics for each individual Pokemon in your team, for example:
Pokemon 1 must be a Grass-type. Dual-typed Pokemon do count as long as one of their types is Grass-type.
Pokemon 2 must not be blue in colour. If the Pokemon's shiny colouration is not blue but the regular form is blue, only the shiny form can be used and vice versa.
Pokemon 3's species name must contain more than five letters.
Clauses in play are as follows:
- Species Clause: No two Pokemon with the same National Pokedex number can be used on the same team.
- Sleep Clause: No two Pokemon can be put to sleep on any team. Self-inflicted sleep via Rest or randomly-inflicted sleep via Effect Spore or Metronome does not count towards this.
- Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned from use, and the ability Moody is banned from use.
- OHKO Clause: The moves Sheer Cold, Fissure, Guillotine and Horn Drill are banned from use.
- Soul Dew Clause: The item Soul Dew is banned from use.
- Fair Play Clause: If any match would end in a draw due to the use of Destiny Bond, Selfdestruct or Explosion, the user of the respective move loses the match. Due to changes to the move's mechanics, Perish Song no longer falls under this clause.
The following Pokemon are banned from use:
- Deoxys (All formes)
- Giratina (Both formes)
- Arceus (All formes)
- White Kyurem
Mega Pokémon are permitted to be used.
If I've forgotten anything someone is bound to remind me since this stuff is more-or-less standard and universal to tournaments almost everywhere.
If you're interested in signing up, simply post in this thread saying so. If you have any queries, post them here as well. The signup period will end on February 18th 2014, at which point every person who signed up will receive a PM from myself giving them all the insane details they need to follow to make their team.
Two other things to note: If you're not 100% sure you wish to compete, note that signing up and then dropping out without a good reason will result in you being unable to participate in future tournaments and may net you an official forum warning for good measure. Also, anyone simply saying "this sounds interesting" in this thread or anything that isn't a question or a sign-up will get warned for SPAM.
So without further ado, sign-ups are go.
- Psycho Monkey
- Lucario of the North