• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Hitotsuki's English Name Revealed!

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
As many of you may remember, yesterday we brought the news that a brand new Pokémon had been revealed at Japan Expo in France. Well, today the official site has updated giving us the official English name for the Pokémon. Hitotsuki will be known as Honedge in English.

Honedgescreenshot_zps6cec5bcf.jpg

To go along with this news we were also treated to a special video message from Junichi Masuda revealing the Pokémon and telling us some more about the inspiration for the Kalos region. You can find the video right here.

Last edited:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I can't help but pronounce "Honedge" as "Ownage".

Or Soul Edge.

I don't know but this thing grew on me in record time. Sentient haunted swords? Yes. Ttly naming one Desrona.

Anyway, my thoughts re: Masuda's message were an instant callback to My Big Fat Greek Wedding, where the main character's father keeps going on about how "Give me a word, any word. And I shall show you that the root of this word is Greek."

"For example, take 'Kalos'. Kalos, is come from the Greek word 'καλὸς' meaning 'Beauty'. There you go."

Welp. At least we know that if anything bad happens to the region, it can be solved by spraying some Windex on it.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
It's a pretty obvious Soul Edge reference. I wonder if it'll dual-evolve into either an evil or hero version? :x

To be honest, as weird a concept as it is, after Vanilluxe's line, I'm too jaded to bizarre Pokemon ideas to consider it bad. The type combo could be interesting if it's got the stats and moves to go with it, though.

Also, holy crap I need Masuda's t-shirt.