• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Hero High: Semester 1 (SU&D)

What should the first major arc be

• Training camp (Specific to each tier)

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Disaster

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rival School

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Name: Lan Tsumari
Nickname: N/A
Nationality: Japanese-American
Dorm: Silver
Appearance: Lan has uneven black hair and dull gray eyes. Often mistaken for a small child, he stands at 5'2 and weighs just barely over 115 pounds. In terms of bulk, although a bit scrawny, Lan is very fairly well built in his base form, but gains considerable amounts of muscle mass upon transforming (explanation below). His mood is usually quite light, but not too energetic unless something really piques his interest.
Outfit: In public, Lan dresses very casually and doesn't pay much attention to his attire. In the winter, he usually dresses in a large hoodie and sweatpants. In the summer, he dons an anime t-shirt and blue jeans.
Costume: Lan's costume is a very flamboyant, bright red suit of crudely pieced together armor with a flowing black cape. On the cape, the letters "LAN" are spray-painted on with neon yellow paint. If anything, this costume slows Lan down, but it does serve as a placebo and helps boost his confidence.

Power: Ki Manipulation
Explanation: Lan is able to utilize his own life force, or ki in his attacks. Pulling from his own energy, he can focus his ki into singular points of his body for extra-powerful strikes or for boosted defense. Lan is also able to concentrate ki into a pure blast of energy, potentially causing extreme damage upon contact. For his last resort technique, Lan can expend all of his stored ki and temporarily transform into an overdrive state. This drastically increases his physical capabilities at the expense of critical damage to his own body. The longer Lan uses overdrive, the greater toll it takes on his body
Weakness/setback: Although they are quite impressive in terms of sheer power, Lan has no clue on how to aim his ki blasts. 8/10 times, they're completely off the mark and they deplete his energy rather quickly. Also, if overdrive is unable to finish off the opponent, Lan has no way to fight back, as he will be completely drained of ki.
Extra information: Lan is an extremely straightforward person. Living by the philosophy: "If it's a problem, punch it.", he's a bit lacking in the brains department. Lan isn't afraid to voice his opinion, and more often than not, this ends up starting fights accidentally. When it comes to his internal energy bank, Lan can naturally recharge his ki if he is not in combat.

Backstory: As a child, Lan was born into a family of fighters. Naturally, his parents, who were both experienced warriors, pushed him to study the art of self-defense under renowned martial arts master Kazakama. Under Kazakama, Lan trained tirelessly, learning combat skills as well as the basic principles of ki manipulation. Despite all the hard work, Lan was always at the bottom of his class. One day, while training, Lan snapped. Years and years of exhaustive training, and still he couldn't hold a candle to his classmates. Losing all rational thought, Lan challenged Kazakama himself to a fight. The martial arts master calmly accepted and to nobody's surprise, completely shut down Lan with a single blow. Although the bout was swift, Kazakama saw the bottled up frustration in his student and did some quick research, where he found the registration for Hero High. He had seen firsthand, the sheer caliber of HH graduates, so he prompted Lan to study there for a while, experiencing some new styles of fighting. Eager for a new start, Lan filled out the form and to his delight, was accepted.

Name: Lan Tsumari
Nickname: N/A
Nationality: Japanese-American
Appearance: Lan has uneven black hair and dull gray eyes. Often mistaken for a small child, he stands at 5'2 and weighs just barely over 115 pounds. In terms of bulk, although a bit scrawny, Lan is very fairly well built in his base form, but gains considerable amounts of muscle mass upon transforming (explanation below). His mood is usually quite light, but not too energetic unless something really piques his interest.
Outfit: In public, Lan dresses very casually and doesn't pay much attention to his attire. In the winter, he usually dresses in a large hoodie and sweatpants. In the summer, he dons an anime t-shirt and blue jeans.
Costume: Lan's costume is a very flamboyant, bright red suit of crudely pieced together armor with a flowing black cape. On the cape, the letters "LAN" are spray-painted on with neon yellow paint. If anything, this costume slows Lan down, but it does serve as a placebo and helps boost his confidence.

Power: Ki Manipulation
Explanation: Lan is able to utilize his own life force, or ki in his attacks. Pulling from his own energy, he can focus his ki into singular points of his body for extra-powerful strikes or for boosted defense. Lan is also able to concentrate ki into a pure blast of energy, potentially causing extreme damage upon contact. For his last resort technique, Lan can expend all of his stored ki and temporarily transform into an overdrive state. This drastically increases his physical capabilities at the expense of critical damage to his own body. The longer Lan uses overdrive, the greater toll it takes on his body
Weakness/setback: Although they are quite impressive in terms of sheer power, Lan has no clue on how to aim his ki blasts. 8/10 times, they're completely off the mark and they deplete his energy rather quickly. Also, if overdrive is unable to finish off the opponent, Lan has no way to fight back, as he will be completely drained of ki.
Extra information: Lan is an extremely straightforward person. Living by the philosophy: "If it's a problem, punch it.", he's a bit lacking in the brains department. Lan isn't afraid to voice his opinion, and more often than not, this ends up starting fights accidentally. When it comes to his internal energy bank, Lan can naturally recharge his ki if he is not in combat.

Backstory: As a child, Lan was born into a family of fighters. Naturally, his parents, who were both experienced warriors, pushed him to study the art of self-defense under renowned martial arts master Kazakama. Under Kazakama, Lan trained tirelessly, learning combat skills as well as the basic principles of ki manipulation. Despite all the hard work, Lan was always at the bottom of his class. One day, while training, Lan snapped. Years and years of exhaustive training, and still he couldn't hold a candle to his classmates. Losing all rational thought, Lan challenged Kazakama himself to a fight. The martial arts master calmly accepted and to nobody's surprise, completely shut down Lan with a single blow. Although the bout was swift, Kazakama saw the bottled up frustration in his student and did some quick research, where he found the registration for Hero High. He had seen firsthand, the sheer caliber of HH graduates, so he prompted Lan to study there for a while, experiencing some new styles of fighting. Eager for a new start, Lan filled out the form and to his delight, was accepted.
Unfortunately with Foxex’s reaffirmation of involvement this RP is currently full. However should a place open up later in the RP I will let you know

Ok everyone. the transport is basically set up like a commerical airline. From bow to stern as follows
Gold Tiers are given their own mingling area and very luxurious seats. Basically First class
Silver Tiers are in the middle, split between a port and starboard seating area with a large mingle space in the centre of the transport.
Finally theres the Bronze Tier seats are way up the back, packed fairly closely like economy class of a flight.

Gold, Silver and Bronze students are all allowed in the main mingling area, Silver students are only allowed in the Gold area by invitation.

The trip shouldn't really last too long, its mainly just there to allign us all with the same time frame and location to make the arrival of the students to Hero High and the following assembly very easy.

Alright, I’ve decided to do another character.

Name: Shay Newman
Nickname (optional): “Shadow"
Nationality: Unknown
Appearance: Shadow has pitch black hair that tends to sweep over his eyes every once in a while, mainly when he is in action or makes simple movements. His eyes are a deep purplish color, a natural phenomenon that occurred to him. He stands at about 5' 7", and is rather skinny compared to some of the other students attending the school. His skin is pretty pale, and he gets sunburned easily.
Outfit (civilian clothes): Shadow dresses in all black, and on some occasions, purple. A long sleeve hoodie is his go-to outfit no matter how hot it is outside, and wears long black pants. Shoes are normally plain gym shoes.
Costume (hero garb): He doesn't have one, and probably will refuse to wear anything other than what he already has on.

Power(s) Dark matter concentration and Emotional perception
Explanation: First up is dark matter concentration. Dark matter is a force of darkness and evil lurking in the world. Normally it is invisible, but to Shay, he can see it. He can sense the evil from a certain object, person, or place, and extract it. Dark matter is basically evil energy. Shay can absorb this using using his power. Once he has a certain amount of this energy, he can use it for a variety of things. One thing he can do with this is emit it, making dark energy pulses to make others around him fear him. That costs less than other things. If he has absorbed a large amount of this energy, he can concentrate this energy so much that it can be formed as a solid. For example, he could form a sword. Another form of this is levitation, one that doesn't use as much dark matter.
Emotional perception is a rather interesting power that he inherited. He can sense others emotions towards him. For example, if someone had angry feelings towards him, he would know who felt it, and how they felt towards him. Because of this, certain emotions will cause him to have angry outbursts.
Weakness/setback: He's very weak when it comes to melee fighting. He likes to keep at a distance. Secondly, his power depends on how much dark matter there is. Of course, he can always store it easily. The more dark matter he has stored up, he acts accordingly. The more matter, the more anger he emits, or how aggressive his emotions are.
Extra information: He is an orphan, and raised himself. He was caught by the Police trying to steal for food. He was brought to the station, and the head of the police realized that Shadow had powers. He took him in as his own. The head is a rather older man named Blake Robinson, or referred to as Chief Robinson.

@Frontier Master, is he accepted?

Last edited:
@Frontier Master
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming that the RP is taking place in a world similar to our own but with super heroes (duh), but is this taking place in for example in the 2020's or?

Also how long have super's existed? Like how recently did the first human get their powers or when did someone become the first super hero and how accepted/respected are the super humans?

Edit: I was so close not to make THoN a parody group of The Avengers, but in the end I decided not to

Last edited:
@Frontier Master
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming that the RP is taking place in a world similar to our own but with super heroes (duh), but is this taking place in for example in the 2020's or?

Also how long have super's existed? Like how recently did the first human get their powers or when did someone become the first super hero and how accepted/respected are the super humans?

Edit: I was so close not to make THoN a parody group of The Avengers, but in the end I decided not to
To give a very basic answer yes

Let’s go with 2025
Holograms and Smart AI are a thing, similar extrapolations of current tech are allowed just nothing too far fetched.

Onto the backstory of Supers
Supers originate from experiments all throughout the 1900’s. As attempts to create super soldiers, the first supers were infected with a Virus to make them stronger faster, more durable etc. This virus has now mutated directly into the human genome, so all humans are stronger and faster than IRL humans (just so we can have supers take hits and get thrown through buildings etc). The unforeseen side-effect of this is that certain individuals with the virus and specific genetic markers will also manifest secondary abilities.

I was also thinking if my char could possibly be the son of a famous hero, but doesn't like to talk about it for reasons I'll explain later.
Yes that’s fine though having Super powered parents doesn’t mean you have powers yourself
or Vice versa if you never had a super in your family you can still develop powers

@Frontier Master Could people have gotten powers from other ways, such as scientific experiments (going both right or wrong) or touching strange meteorites or strange radiation or whatever?
If you’d like, though the virus literally is the result of a scientific experiment, but the other stuff is fine. Thought I’d recommend making reference to the Virus being a catalyst for the change or something like that for continuity sake.

Because of new information, I wish to propose that Alisters mom was a part of the experiments or at least had something to do with them that made supers and that is the reason why Alister has his powers in the first place
Was part of them how? As in she was a direct participant in the experiments? Having a parent involved in the experiment doesn’t guarantee you powers.

Okay so here is what I propose if the original experiments took place in the early 1900s that his mom worked on a revival project to again try and make super soldiers and used the new strain on herself when she was pregnant and it did nothing to her but it did affect Alister because she didn't have results she scraped all of her research and before this is said she did test the strain on others but it also didn't affect them and with limited funding after no results when she tested it on herself that was her last resort

Last edited:
Okay so here is what I propose if the original experiments took place in the early 1900s that his mom worked on a revival project to again try and make super soldiers and used the new strain on herself when she was pregnant and it did nothing to her but it did affect Alister because she didn't have results she scraped all of her research and before this is said she did test the strain on others but it also didn't affect them and with limited funding after no results when she tested it on herself that was her last resort
I’m not sure the point of this though. All humans carry the strain now anyway. There is no point in your suggestion. I outlined this in my initial response

Also, Aria already is a "product" of a highly classified private research conglomerate sponsored by the government, so there's that, whether or not they are good or evil is still to be determined. based on how they treated Aria though they don't seem too bad but then again she was a good girl, did what they wanted, and is easy to handle

Also i'll be posting soon in the RP, working on the post for Battle Spire right now at work when i have spare moments, since i didn't really get a weekend last week to finish it like i wanted

Just to give everyone an idea of the general flow I’d like the rp to follow

Arrive at Hero High
Assembly
*Time Skip*
Short round of classes and Initial assessments
*Time skip*
First major Arc
Mid-term break
*Small Time skip*
Second major arc
*Time Skip*
Exams arc
Final wrap up

That will mark the end of the rp. Depending on the success of this rp I would like to have a second Semester with new characters and the opportunity for off screen progression. Which would take the form of a new rp. I’d also like to have spin off rps for graduated students or maybe even a Villian version.

In regards to the ideas for the major arcs I’m open to suggestions. I’ll keep a running list of possibility’s which we can vote on as the time comes

Not really sure if you could this into a whole arc, but maybe a plot point or something, but I'm suggesting a Work Practice Program (not really sure if I can explain it correctly, but MHA had an arc/plot point with it)

Kitsune Kiara

Previously Keen Kitsune
I was just wondering something, if it was previously mentioned I didn't see it so sorry if it was. There are two arcs relating to villains, are all the villains NPCs?