• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Heart Village (RP)

Kitsune Kiara

Previously Keen Kitsune
Majesty once again crashed onto the ground. One time each day she thought as she stumbled into a sitting position. She realized that the person who had crashed into her hadn't been that lucky. She gently pushed the gardenvoir toward the shops. She saw a chair where she could put the gardenvoir on and she stopped immediately and gently set the gardenvoir into the chair in some what of a sitting position.

Pandora nodded "I guess your right." She began to form a snowball in her hands. "Oh... um I... uh slept well." She lied, she didn't want him worrying about her. Plus, she didn't want to make the whole conversation about her. "So uh... why exactly did you come here?" She says as she began to make another snowball.

Alex woke up. "Huh?" He says as he frantically looks around him. He sees the Ninetales and then everything comes back to him. "Oh yeah... I guess you helped me, thanks." He says as he looks away, clearly embarrassed. He had a huge bump on his head. "Ow..." He said quietly to himself.

Titanium yawned. He had a long trip and was more then happy to finally rest. He got up, looking out the window. “The official first day here.” The Lucario thought. He went through his bags and set everything he needed out for the day. “Food, notebook and pen, and bandana... that’s all
I need.” He smiled. He took his bag and walked out the door, locking it.

Kitsune Kiara

Previously Keen Kitsune
"No problem." replied Majesty. Helping others had always been natural to her. Talking for a long time? Not so much. She saw the gardenvoir wince and her eyes immediately drifted to the bump on his/her head. "Oh here let me freeze it.." she used ice beam weak enough so that it only froze it and not strong enough to do any damage. "Hopefully that will help." she said.

"Yeah... it does." He replied. "Oh um... I'm Alex." He put his hand in front of him. Alex wanted to be polite but honestly, he was way to tired. He tried standing up but just sat back down. "Ugh..." he said has he leaned his head back.

Kitsune Kiara

Previously Keen Kitsune
A look of concern spread on her face before she talked again. "My name's Majesty." She glanced at the cabins. "You know... I think you would feel more comfortable when you're in your cabin do you want me to bring you there?" she asked. Her voice was pinched and an octave higher than usual and she glanced at the wounded Alex.

Dylan woke up in his bed, he didn't need a alarm to wake him up, his mind was his alarm clock. He walked around his cabin putting breakfast together, a bagel with some butter (moo moo brand). He sat down at his small table and thought of what to do for the day. Dylan coughed, "ITS THE FESTIVAL TODAY! I FORGOT!" He cleared his throat and and took a drink of some milk. Dylan had forgotten about one of the main things he came here for, the Hear Festival. Dylan finished his breakfast and when he put on his coat, he also put on his bow tie he was saving for the festival, he thought it looked nice. Dylan then walked outside to see it was snowing, nice.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
(I just noticed that Breeze is about the age that he would be in college.)
"Well, I mostly came for vacation. I'm off of college classes for two weeks, so I came here. Plus I heard about the heart festival, so yeah." Breeze noticed that Pandora was creating a snowball, and started making his own. He was the king of snowball fights, so if Pandora attempted to dethrone him, he could defend his title. Or not. Breeze's mind was someplace else.

Titanium yawned. He had a long trip and was more then happy to finally rest. He got up, looking out the window. “The official first day here.” The Lucario thought. He went through his bags and set everything he needed out for the day. “Food, notebook and pen, and bandana... that’s all
I need.” He smiled. He took his bag and walked out the door, locking it.

(OOC: Sorry if it felt rushed, in a couple of hours I won’t be in school and I will post a better paragraph or two...)
Titanium walked outside to enjoy some more of the villages view before starting off the day. He decided to climb one of the large trees and check out the view lower down the mountain. “It’s kinda beautiful... I like it.” he muttered to himself under his breath.
After looking at the view for a little while, Titanium decided to look around town once more.

Boom was currently walking up the mountain on the other side. He had been flying during the night but strong winds had kept him on the ground. It had taken him until the morning to reach the top. He look around at the view wondering where to go next. He was just travelling the region so he had no clue that there was a festival nearby. He could see a village down the other side so he thought he might as well see if they had anywhere he could stay in for a few days rest and anything to get out of the cold weather. His wings were too icy to fly so he began to walk down the mountain
"Finally somewhere warm. Hopefully i can find a hotel or something. Seems like a nice place to stay" boom said to himself.

Dylan walked out of his cabin, he was really happy there was snow. He walked into town looking for more info about when and where this Heart Festival will be, maybe he could also see if there was any events planned today. Dylan looked around and saw a few Pokemon walking around and they were all happy. Dylan noticed he was by himself, not like that came to his own surprise. He walked around town and eventually went to the cafe to get some hot chocolate.

Pandora yawned. "So what's the festival about? I honestly came here just too see the sights, but the festival might be fun." She wasn't fully awake yet. She had stayed up all night... thinking....and baking. She took a piece of cake for herself and began to eat it.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Breeze sighed. She didn't get his little joke about the festival. "Uhhhh...." Breeze's mind came back, and he actually had to think about what to say. "Well... It's about love, hence the name, 'the heart festival.' Just a little ceremony thingy, and then as an added bonus, there is this legend. I don't read think it's real, but I hope it is." Anyone at this point could tell that Breeze wouldn't stop talking now. "So the legend is that if the gods in the stars have been offered enough, in return of the offering of food you give them, they do this little thingy. Anyone who looks at the moon while saying this prayer-thingy will be granted love. Not really sure about it all, but that's kind of what it is." Breeze actually stopped talking, after realizing how much he talked. Sometimes he just won't stop talking.

Pandora nodded. "Well, tonight is indeed special. Thank you for the chat Breeze but I'm afraid I must go." She picked up her tray and stood up. "Cya tonight I guess." She waves as she walks away. "Hmmm... maybe... no... actually... I dunno." She then stopped when she saw Dylan through the cafe window. She waved. She was carrying a trey with cake and tea on it. A perfect combination (at least to Pandora).

Alexander nodded. "Yeah... that'd be great." He said. His head ached with pain and he wasn't feeling good before the great lamp post accident of Heart Village. He took a deep breathe, trying to focus on something other then the pain that sho t through his head.

Dylan looked around at all of the Pokemon, they were all out getting ready for the festival. There he was, sitting alone, when he saw Pandora waving through the window holding some tea and cake. Dylan had already had hot chocolate so he was good there but some cake sounds good to him. Dylan walked up to Pandora, "Hey, nice to see you around here, i was feeling kind of lonely." Dylan paused noticing he sounded like he was alone for hours, not that he wasn't. "So are you getting ready for the festival, i still don't know much abo-" Dylan stopped and saw Breeze in the back. Dylan thought of the last time he even saw Breeze, he didn't have his floaty on, and that was not pleasant. He stopped and looked off in a random direction, wanting to look away as much as possible, not out of anger, out of self hatred.

"Well I just had a nice conversation with Bree- oh... You wanna go somewhere else I get it if you feel uncomfortable." She says. She read his feelings like a book, it was mainly self hatred and self disappointment. She didn't like seeing Dylan like this, it made her sad. "You want some cake?" She says as she hands him a slice.

Dylan looks back, "Yeah, i could go for some. I need to get over it, I can't get over it if don't talk to him, you know?" Dylan sliced the cake into 3 pieces, "So look here, the slice to the left is me, the one to the right is Breeze." Dylan slides the left piece over towards the center. "If i can't get past the wall, then i can't talk to him, and the wall is the only thing there, not knowing what lies beyond it, that is the wall." Dylan thinks that if he talks to Breeze, anything could happen, he does not know how others feel, he realizes that now. "If i can get past my fear of going over the wall, then anything will happen, right? Am i overthinking this." He pauses and looks at his feet. "I'm sorry if I'm over thinking this, its what i do in battles, and now I've taken it over here now. It helps me see things."

(Pandora is basically Dylan's therapist now)

"If planning it out like a battle will help you talk to Dylan, it's completely fine. I mean I pretty much do the same thing but with baking. Everyone has a way of thinking, if the way you think helps you in life, no reason to complain, right?" Pandora seemed much more comfortable around Dylan, he just had the vibe that said "Hey! Come talk too me!" Well at least that what's Pandora thought. "I would be glad to start the conversation off and slowly ease you into it." She said, giving him a reassuring smile.

Dylan looked up and smiled. "Only I saw him first, and that's what happened." Dylan said in a joking manner. "I don't want to open up too much, c'mon, I'm not getting soft now, am I?" Dylan laughed to himself. "I think the next time i see him i can talk it out, as long as he does not get pissed the second he see's me. I think opening up is better for me, not just fighting." Dylan looked over at the arena, then looked back at Pandora's smile. "Heh, switching emotions aren't I? Well if you don't mind, i think i will battle in the arena to clear my head." Dylan looked at the arena thinking that would be best before talking to Breeze, maybe he could think of something else for a while, clean himself of that crap he has covered himself in.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
(I am away, and stuff happens....)

Breeze stood up. He felt kind of bored with nothing to do. And since Pandora just kind of left, he was just there. He noticed in the distance there was a large building. It was kind of far away, but he got there fast. He opened the door. There was... a giant pool! Breeze's eyes lit up. There was also lots of people. So this is where everyone was... He noticed a small shop inside of the building that just sold pool stuff. Wait! Breeze's eyes lit up. Not only could He get a new floaty, but he could swim. He didn't want to swim now, but he could later. The pool seemed to be free, but he would have to pay for the floaty, but that was okay. He entered the store to see a Dewott employee. He quickly bought a floaty that was about the right size. It was blue, but that was fine. He left the building, and put the floaty around his neck. Good as new! He was so so happy.

Kitsune Kiara

Previously Keen Kitsune
Majesty just blinked her eyes and looked at her surrondings not knowing what to do when the akward silence had passed. ''So um I should go finish my shopping if you don't mind.'' she said obviously not knowing what else to say. She spun toward the food shop and ran toward it her head spinning with the usual thoughts about her not so good conversation skills. She wasn't looking where she was going and she was deeply buried in her thoughts. God I need to talk more she thought unhappily to herself.

Dylan walked into the battle field, emotions washed away as he got ready for battle. Dylan's worst fear came true. A Lycanroc stepped onto the field, there was no way of winning this. Dylan used ice beam to start the match and was countered by a Accelerock, nothing got through. Dylan then followed quickly up with a Detect against its iron head. Dylan stopped fighting for a little to see what it would use. The Lycanroc used Stealth Rock, Dylan knew there was no way of winning now, but he tried. Dylan flew up and darted down at the Lycanroc with intense speed and used Ice Beam to deal extra damage with his attack. The Lycanroc started to freeze up, it was too cold in the area to not freeze. Dylan started to use Ice Beam again and again until it was a thick layer of ice. The Lycanroc used Roar and started to crack the ice, when it broke, the shards flew all around. Dylan caught a piece and threw it back at the Lycanroc that was caught off guard. The Lycanroc had a little left before it would fall, so Dylan used this time while it was stunned to use Drill Peck. As Dylan approached he aimed specifically for the body without knowing. He won the battle and was left with cut from a rock. Dylan decided to end it there because he felt like blacking out at any moment. When he got back to the cabin, he opened his supplies bag and took out a Sitrus Berry. He decided to take a rest until it got dark.

After a bit of exploration of the village, Titanium decided to order something to eat. Although the food shop was far away from his current position, he got there quite fast as it only took him two minutes. “Ooh, finally I am here. I am starving...” The hungry Lucario thought to himself. He took out his wallet and walked up to the cashier. “Excuse me, can I have a foot long sub sandwich please? And that’s it, nothing else.” He said, kinda smiling to be finally getting a meal in which he hadn’t had in a long while. After getting his order, Titanium sat at one of the nearby tables and began to eat quietly by himself.

Over the course of the day, Lydia had spent a majority of her time dotting around the little kitchenette that was included as part of her cabin's interior. While she did go out in the morning for a little bit of supplies, she was a bit antsy at how long her current project was taking. She had been busy baking with the handful of resources she could come up with, opting to make two batches of cookies infused with Aspear zest to give them a bit of tang. One batch would be for anyone that wanted one, and the other batch would be reserved as an offering for later. "Whew... Man, what a workout..." She grumbled to herself, stepping away from the hot oven and watching the snow fall outside.

Boom walked into the village and looked around. He could see plenty of rooms he could stay in but he couldnt find a place where he could book the rooms. Basically he was lost. He stopped and looked on the town map that was on the wall of a shop and he began to read it
"hmm would a renting place even be on the map? ........ Oh? What is this. 'The Heart festival' i guess i came at a good time. Whatever that is might be fun. But for now i might want to ask people for directions" Boom said to himself.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
(Great...more people... yay...) Emerald was wandering around, wondering when the festival would begin, he hoped to make a friend with someone else, mostly due to the fact that he only knew one Pokemon here. He saw Boom in the distance and walked over to him, "Hey, what's your name?"

"oh hi. My name is Boom. Nice to meet you. I hate to bother you but do you know where in this village i could book one of the houses that they seem to be renting out? I only just arrived so i don't know the layout of this village" Boom replied.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Yeah...I think there are some cabins over there," Emerald said absent mindedly as he pointed toward the direction he came from. "By the way, my name is Emerald, nice to meet you," The Ivysaur pointed out as he was sort of getting what he wanted.

"Over there? Okay thanks a bunch. i wasn't sure where to go. so what are you doing here? do you live here or visiting the festival thing?" Boom asked as he glanced at the buildings around the village. The people here seemed to be happy so he got relief that this would be a nice place to stay for a while.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Just visiting." Emerald told him quickly, he was bored and hoped to find the festival soon, "Hey, so you know where the festival is?"

" No sorry i don't. i didn't even know it was a thing until a few minutes ago if i'm being honest. i think they have signs up about it though. might be a good idea to ask store owners or anyone else that have come for the festival" Boom replied shaking his head. he shivered for a minute from the cold, this was the only thing boom didn't like about this place but being a dragon flying type he just had to put up with it

Dylan woke up from his short nap, letting the Sitrus Berry to kick in. As Dylan walked out of his cabin, he saw that more and more people were getting ready. Dylan walked into town and looked around town as he saw a couple walk past him. He had nobody to go with, but he might ask someone. Dylan walked around and went into his favorite shop, the cafe. When he walked in he could here jazz playing with a little bit of piano, Dylan's favorite thing to play, and the only thing he can play without fail. He walked in to them stopping, when he got closer he heard the words from the Pokemon singing on the stage, "Were not gonna pick a random person to play or sing anything up here!" Dylan froze, not knowing if he could do that if he got picked, sure enough, this happened, "How about the Delibird who looks too good not to be casual!" Dylan walked up stage looking as casual as he could but on the inside, he was frozen. "How about you pick a instrument." Dylan looked at the piano and sat down there. "Alright, that's a first, so we will start playing a song and you join along, alright, lets go." The instruments start to play in the background, and that was enough for Dylan to chime into his favorite song, the Entertainer Song.

After a bit of exploration of the village, Titanium decided to order something to eat. Although the food shop was far away from his current position, he got there quite fast as it only took him two minutes. “Ooh, finally I am here. I am starving...” The hungry Lucario thought to himself. He took out his wallet and walked up to the cashier. “Excuse me, can I have a foot long sub sandwich please? And that’s it, nothing else.” He said, kinda smiling to be finally getting a meal in which he hadn’t had in a long while. After getting his order, Titanium sat at one of the nearby tables and began to eat quietly by himself.

After eating for a bit, Titanium decided to step outside and explore other buildings where some other shops are. “Hmm... I wonder what building to go into next.” He thought to himself, walking around in the snow and looking at all the choices he had. Soon, he couldn’t decide and wanted to just rest for a little while. Titanium began to head towards his dorm.

"anyway i should go and get one of the rooms sorted out. thanks for your help emerald, i might see you around later though." Boom said as he started to walk away in the direction he was told. He entered the building and walked over to the counter.
"Hi, by any chance do you have any spare rooms?" boom asked. He was given a key saying 218 so he assumed his house was number 218

Kitsune Kiara

Previously Keen Kitsune
Majesty sat on top of her cabin's roof which she leaped onto. Her eyes wandered everywhere and a frown spread on her face. When was the festival starting? She didn't want to be late. Not even by a few minutes. A sudden breeze blew by ruffling her hair and she sighed. It seemed as if she'd had to go in to comb it. She leaped down elegantly and went inside combed her hair and headed toward the festival. Might as well go early she thought.

Last edited:
As Dylan finished up with his performance, he was given a Heart Scale. He left the building felling happy that his skills come in handy. He walked around looking for the start time of the festival but there was no info on it on the boards. Dylan looked puzzled as he set off to look for his friends. He went home to rest up (again) before the festival starts.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Emerald decided to walk back to his Cabin and saw Majesty going to the festival and decided to strike up conversation, "Hey, how are you?"

Kitsune Kiara

Previously Keen Kitsune
Majesty stopped walking and turned around. "Kind of nervous. What about you?" her eyes kept on drifting between the mountainous landscape and Emerald. It wouldn't hurt to be early she thought but it wouldn't hurt either if I'm late.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Really, I don't know what I feel, I'm excited, but a little nervous as well," Emerald replied as he scratched the back of his bulb in embarrassment and confusion. He actually hoped that the festival began soon, and he heard about how most Pokemon find love on this mountain and wanted to see if it was true.