• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Harry Potter RP

Dulce stood nervously on the platform nine and three quarters. What is she wasn't really a witch, what if this was a hoax?! Bad thoughts clouded her mind, but one thoughts food out to her, her mother was a witch. Her mother, Faith, had died when she was young, but she had been a witch and she went to hogwarts. Dulce gulped, the whistle of an approaching train rang in her ears. Many mothers and fathers were hugging their children, but Dulce stood alone, her father was a muggle and he couldn't get through the brick wall.

The shiny red train pulled up to the station, Dulce looked down at her golden ticket for the hogwarts express. She gulped and stepped on the train. Her lip trembled as she saw small rooms full of kids, they all seemed to know eachother. Dulce slipped into an empty compartment stared out the window. She had attended a muggle private school and had a perfect life set out, she would of become a doctor and gone to a college in London. But now, the path ahead was full of mystery...

A shiver went down Dulce's spine as she heard another voice, her shyness was kicking in. "Uh, Sure" Dulce said quietly. She looked down and pulled something out of her bag, her wand. It was a nice wand and Dulce liked it a lot. She waved it around a little and created a small breeze, that was about all she could do. Dulce looked at the boy and attempted a smile, "My name is Dulce and this is Clarence" Dilce said, holding up her small, sleeping owl.

Patrick smiled "my names Patrick but just call me pat" he said smiling he sat down Getting out his wand and waving it a bit "I'm amazed this isn't just a toy"

Dulce nodded, thinking about the fairy wands she had as a child, the ones with stars of love hearts on them. She then turned back to Patrick. "I have some books in my bag, I guess we could see how well they actually work" Dulce said. She leaned down and pulled a book called 1st grade, simple spells. She flipped open a random page, a spell labeled, Wingardium Leviosa, was written on the page. Dulce was still doubtful that the wands worked.

Patrick looked at the book "oh I learnt that one!" He said "wingardium leviosa" he muttered lifting his cases onto the seat next to him he smiled "I could teach you if you'd like?"

Dulce stared in awe as the cases lifted into the air. She patted the bottom and the top of them to feel for wires. Then she realised that this was all very real. Dulce looked down at the book, it said a swish and a flick. She picked up her wand and looked at Patrick, "Yes please" She said eagerly.

Patrick smiled widely"ok so" he said, before drooping his wand. Patrick quickly picked it up embarrassed to the moon and back "sorry I'm clumsy" he said smiling "ok so tip swish and flick when casting it" he said enthusiastically

"Wingardium Leviosa" Dulce said, swishing her wand through the air. Her book shook a little but didn't move. "Wingardium Leviosa!" Dulce repeated, again the book didn't move. After a few more goes, the pok finally reluctantly floated away from the ground. Dulce grinned, she had done it.

Dulce flipped through her book and found a page on a defence spell. Petrificus Totalus, the freezing spell. Dulce pointed her wand towards Clarence and gave it a small wave, "Petrificus Totalus" She said. The Owl froze, it's eyes still moving. Dulce's face broke into a grin, she did it! The effects wore off in a matter of seconds but she had still done it.

"Woah!" Patrick exclaimed "your good!" He said attempting it only to realise he had held his wand backwards and had froze himself. It wore off soon after, at first he was silent before he started to laugh

Lillie had been sitting alone in the car next to the two first years doing magic. She watched in for quite some time, and wasn't impressed at all. Didn't they know that they were technically breaking wizarding law? Already the boy had his spell backfire, and her worry only grew. Her shyness almost had her rooted to her seat, but instead she knew if she didn't tell them soon one of hem would get hurt or in trouble.

She hefted up her large and heavy cat, who made no protest as she slung him over her shoulder. Supporting him with one hand, she poked her head into the car across from her. "Uh, e-excuse me? You aren't supposed to be using magic on the train.... It's kinda... Illegal... I mean I didn't know either until I read it and if you get caught you'll be in big trouble.... Ahem. I just-just thought you maybe like to know..." She stuttered, awkwardly standing in the doorway.

"Oh, oops!" Dulce said, giggling a little. She hastily put her wand in her bag. "Would you like to sit with us?" She asked.

Lillie accepted the invitation, slipping into the car and placing her cat on her lap. "I still don't know too much, my father suggested I learn about how things work in wizarding society before I came here which is when I learned about that law... I'm actually muggle-born... That's the term right?" She rambled although her stutter left her voice. Her cat's thundering purr seemed to calm her, and was the only sound she heard for a little.

"I'm a half-blood, my father is a muggle but my mum-" Dulce stopped mid sentence, she took a deep breath and continued. "My mum was a witch but she died when I was young"

"Oh! I'm sorry to hear that..." Lille awkwardly replied. Suddenly, she grinned, as if trying to bring back a more cheery attitude. "Hey, we're all pretty new to this wizarding thing, huh? I guess we're all misfits together!" She laughed a little.

She then looked up, a kind looking women appeared in the doorway, "Anything from the trolley dears?" She sighed, and who could blame her? Kids and sugar, not a good mix, especially if she had to run this trip several times. Lillie shook her head, she didn't have anything to buy the strange candy with.

"Uh a candy wand and a pack of every flavoured beans please!" Patrick pulling out a pouch of money and handed her 7 gallons and smiled keep the Change, he took the candy "I also know the currency and candy!" He said smiling at the others

"Uhhh... I'll have 3 Pumpkin Pasties and a chocolate frog" Dulce said. She handed the lady some currency and gave the other 2 a pumpkin pastie. Outside she could see vast plains and hills going by. "So Patrick, you seem to know a lot about Hogwarts" She said.

Patrick smiled "well my older cousin is a wizard, relitively successful too!" He said enthusiastically "so he gave me some cash and taught me some spells" he added

Lis was running to the train with much anxiety. She had arrived later than she liked, and it was bugging her extremely. Sprinting up to the train, she stepped in with relief. Her owl was screeching with protest, as she had brought him through the exercise. She apologized to the bird, and a man took her luggage. He offered to take her owl, which she was hesitant about. However, she gently murmured departing words to her bird and began off to scan for an open compartment.

It took her awhile, and she nearly reached the end, but she's spotted a half open one with kids who looked to be first-years. The trolley lady was in front of them, and she spotted Lis, asking her if she wanted anything. Lis politely declined. When the lady moved, Lis stepped in front of the door, nervously.

“Hello,” she said with small fear. “Do you all mind if I sit with you? There's not many compartments open, and I'm pretty small...” Politely, she waited for an answer.

Last edited:
Hiro Was Rushing, He Made It on The Train, He Was Late As He Had Spent in Daigon Alley, He Just Made It On, He now Had got His Luggage Away, And Looked For A Compartment, It Took Him Ages, But He Found One, He Decided To Wait, However, As Someone Was Already Asking if She Could Come in. While His Mouse Nibbled Some Doritos On His Shoulder.

Last edited:
Shane walked past compartment after compartment. His stomach gave a growl. "Where is that candy cart. I'm hungry,"he moaned, as his rat Ollie looked around anxiously on his shoulder. He walked into a compartment where three other first years sat, eating candy. "Um excuse me, but do you know where the candy cart went? I'm bloody famished."

Dulce was startled as the faces of three first years suddenly appeared at the door. "Uhh... Yeah you can sit with us." Dulce said, "And the food trolley just went down the hall"

The train was slowly starting to slow down, she could see a huge outline of a building, but most surrounded it so she couldn't see the details of it. A whistle blew and suddenly the train stopped. "First Years this way!" A large man shouted, he had greyish brown frizzy hair and looked a bit like a giant.

Hiro Was Just Happy That He Got To Sit Down, He Got Off The train, And Collected his Stuff, His Mouse, Herry Jumped off His Shoulder, And Into A Small Mouse Cage, Hiro Went In The Direction The Man Had Told Him To Go, And Looked Around, He Said
"This Is Amazing... WOW!"

Lillie rapidly got up, running to her things and quickly making sure her cat was in his carrier. She didn't worry about leaving her things, since they'd be magically transported, and in a flash slid her robes on over her civilian clothing. Stuffing her wand up her sleeve, she dashed off the train and nervously stepped into the throng of people. She looked up at the giant man nervously, too scared to look around and admire the scenery.

Shane shuffled of the train, after grabbing his stuff. Olive looked around anxiously as the surge of students getting off the train. The campus itself was beautiful, and magical. Then he saw a large scruffy looking man. "Woah, that's an awesome beard," Shane exclaimed.

A swift breeze tugged gently at the roots of her hair. A stressful journey, with a rewarding end. The air was crisp and clear, purifying her heart and lungs with... magic. Alorae stood solemnly looking at the faint outline of the magnificent castle in the distance; her school, naturally. Excitement pulsed violently through her veins as she felt a sharp bump against her shoulder. Another student, so it seemed. The young, muggleborn student looked in their direction, but they had already swam deeper into the crowd. With a tiny sigh, and drawing her little baggage closer to her, Alorae took a tree breath and began to swim with the rest of the people her height as they meandered after a grizzly looking man of many meters in height.

The atmosphere buzzed with excitement as she continued forward, lurching and falling back with every movement of the crowd. Stranded, Alorae looked for a person as a landmark- someone she can tell that if they're there, she should be there. Unfortunately, in the mass of pitch black wizard it robes, it was difficult to picture a face for more than seconds at a time. Frustratedly, Alorae gave up and combed through her hair nervously, braiding it subconsciously as the crowd continued forward towards the magnificent palace looming before them.

When accepted to sit, Lis thanked the girl and let the ride pass quickly. It was boring, as everybody was quiet, and Lis was quite lonely. Every once in awhile, she'd glance at the small group of people she was sitting with. However, her eyes focused on the window most of the time.

At last arriving, Lis followed after the people leaving the train. When she finally managed in escaping, she and a large amount of first years were all led by a hairy giant. Lis squeaked when his loud voice echoed over the small children, and he led them to a group of boats. Lis liked the water, so she was one of the first kids to step into a boat. Gently letting her hand fall to the dark reflective water, she calmed down. That moment was shattered, however, when the others behind her got into the same boat, and they were all told to row.

Hiro Had got On The Same Boat As Lis, And Sat Behind Her, When Told To Row, he Noticed that She Didn't Want To Do It, So he Said
"Hey, Do You Want Me To Row Your Oar?" Without Waiting, He Took Two Oars, His And Lis', And Rowed.

Lillie shuffled her way through the children, eventually jumping into a random boat. She regretted her choice, seeing the tall boys all in the boat with her. She shrunk in on herself with a small mewl, feeling like a sheep in the lion's den. However, with a shudder the boat began moving as some began to row, and she was stuck with all these intimidating students. "Oh great," she muttered to herself, instead staring at the water.

Dulce climbed into a boat full of giggling girls. They were all playing with each others hair and clothes. Dulce rolled her eyes, she hated super girly girls. The boat began to move and she looked out across the shimmering water. The dim outline of the castle drew closer and closer, it became more vivid and exciting. The boat slowed to a stop and she climbed out onto the dock. An old witch with grey hair was leading the first years through the grand door of hogwarts.

Lis couldn't hide her surprisewhen her paddle was taken by a boy sitting behind her. She felt a bit offended, like he assumed she couldn't do it. Sighing she faced the front and let the two behind her paddle to the castle.

On arriving, the castle was gargantuan. A woman wearing long velvet robes all announced the first-years to follow her. So, she did.

Lillie happily leapt out of the boat and scrambled up to the rapidly leaving trail of students. Panting she tried her best to keep up with their gate, alas, her limp kept slowing her down and her leg went stuff half way through. "Oh come on..." She whimpered, nearly dragging herself to keep up, but very quickly she was falling behind the group, and she still couldn't move her leg.

"Alright everybody, I am Professor McGonnagal" McGonnagal said. "Now follow me, when your name is called walk up to the hat on the stool and put it on"

Dulce was a bit nervous, she had heard about the sorting. She wondered curiously what house she would be put in.

Lis paid much attention the McGonagal, and after the announcement of how you'd be sorted, Lis smiled. She knew that she would be placed in Slytherin. She was proud, too, as her family, though moody, was very successful and they helped many. So, McGonagal took the kids into the castle, led them down the large hall, and into the humongous dining hall. Hundreds of kids sat on four tables divided.

At the front, a stool with a hat was waiting to be used. McGonagal led the kids about 3/4 down the middle of the tables, and then went up top by herself. She pulled out a scroll and began naming names for the hat. When they sat, they wore the hat and were sorted. It was interesting to Lis, and she wondered what it was like.

The clear water was stunning. It's pitch black, murky depths intrigued Alorae to no end as the boat gently rocked faster in the lake as they sped towards the looming castle. "Perhaps this will someday be my home?" She whispered to herself, brushing hair out of her face to better look at the massive structure. The young student felt a small click in her head, and imaginary one of course, but she recognized that this will be one of her best memories. The brisk wind, cold, deep waters, and her first introduction to magic.

The students had piled into a hallway, led by a tall, grey haired woman with a demanding demeanor. She had introduced herself as Professor McGonagal, and she could already see her future with learning under the teachers. Alorae let her mind wander as she envisioned it, sitting daintily in a classroom, the scribbling of pens on paper as she and her classmates scrambled to catch up with the barrage of information being thrown at them by a professor. Finally, they proceeded.

The dining hall was enormous and intimidating. Hundreds of eyes landed on Alorae and the other First-years as they were instructed to walk down the isle and to be sorted into a house. Her face flushed red as she imagined herself up at the hat, deciding her whole future.

Shane, to say the least, was shocked. Not only was the whole place amazing, with it's size and decor, but he would wear a magical hat, that would tell him what house he would belong to. It was an amazing concept that suprised the young lad the most. He waited early for his turn.

For Jayden, the overall trip to Hogwarts had been relatively uneventful, to say the least. She had been sat in a train car with a few other first years (one of which looked as if she had consumed one too many treats) and a fifth year who attempted to show them the ropes. Needless to say, he had failed miserably seeing as the hyper girl was practically vibrating with sugar and the rest of the first years were engaged in excited chatter.

The boats were a first.

Jay had to admit, she'd never actually been on a self-propelled boat more than once or twice, and those "once or twice" moments typically weren't enough to teach her anything. Nevertheless, she climbed into the shaky rowboat anyway, placing herself at what could be considered the "bow."

An exhausting trip of rowing, splashing herself, and almost tipping the boat (rinse and repeat) later, Jay had finally made it to the shore of Hogwarts. Her shaky legs welcomed the stable, not-liquidy, land. Her relief, however, was turned to momentary shock as the sheer size of the castle and the hall that awaited her for sorting became apparent.

Stone walls rose miles high, towers jutting out of the already gargantuan structure. Steely blue spires rose into the sky, piercing the heavens like a well-threaded needle. The awe of it all almost blinded Jay–giving her the perfect opportunity to pull a pair of sunglasses out of her pocket. Yup. Way to ruin the wizard aesthetic.

The hall was all the more impressive, even through the tinted lenses of the shades. Candles flickered in the air, miraculously not dripping a single globule of wax. Tables lined with every food imaginable were laid out before them, students occupying nearly every seat. Her parents, both muggleborns as they'd be referred to in this world, had briefed her on what would happen here, of course. "Put on the hat, and it'll do the sortin' for you." "And try not to be obnoxious, will you?" Her, obnoxious? Who would possibly think such a thing. Pff. Shades? Not an obnoxious thing to do at all. She even took off the sunglasses to prove a point... not like anyone knew, however. Whatever.

The girl crossed her arms and tapped her foot, somewhat impatiently waiting for her turn.

Lillie groaned, hobbling her way up the stairs (more like dragging), having long since been left behind. Thank god the giant doors to the mess hall were open. A few heads turned, some pitying, the sight of the hobbling 11 year old who clearly had been left behind in the awe and wonder of this being many students' first time seeing the magical school. Something on her leg clacked loudly, announcing her walking in to those close enough to hear it. She thought she was in the clear, making her way to the back of the mass of new first years.

Alas, she had to jinx it. Her leg locked up again, causing the tip of her shoe to skid across the stone and catch. With a startled squeak, which was very high pitched mind you, she toppled foreword. Her arms waved uselessly, and she scrunched her eyes closed, waiting for the inevitable. Which was probably skinned hands and a bruised nose. She was not liking this year already never mind the magic, it lost its luster underneath all her current misfortunes.