• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Harry Potter RP

Oksander sighed, his mind wandering, suddenly Oksander shot his hand up. Professor Potter looked up, but ignored him. Oksander kept hia hand up, his arm stretching as far as it can go. "5 points from Hufflepuff Mr. Crump, and if you keep being distracting, I'll take away another 10." Oksander glared at Professor Potter before lowering his hand. "But sir..." Oksander began to protest, but was interupted, "Do you want me to give you detention for a whole week Mr. Crump?" Professor Potter's eyes were blazing. "No sir..." Oksander slumped in his seat. "Good, now sit up and open your book to page 8." Professor Potter began, "But, I've read the whole book. When I got my list of supplies, I went and got all of my supplies and started studying the books right away." Oksander twiddled with his quill as he waited for Professor Potter's reaction. "Well then...a 5 page essay on werewolves shouldn't be hard." With that Professor Potter resumed doing whatever he was doing before being interupted. Oksander pulled out some fresh parchment, dipped his quill in the ink bottle and began scribbling away.

Katlen looked down,Professor Potter wasn't looking,but Katlen turned to page 8.She wanted to refresh her mind on the book.So she started reading,Katlen heard every the professor said,she glanced around the room.

Lis looked fully at her table. Mr. Potter had assigned a 5 page essay in werewolves to the same boy, who had previously raised his hand and lost five points. The teacher looked at Lis. “Miss Fifer, I'd like to speak with you after class,” he said, bending over so he directed the sentence to only her. She nodded, and he lingered for a moment.

When he got up, he went on about the basics, and Lis sighed quietly. She knew that she was going to be talked to because of her attitude and mood, and how both were so... quiet. It wasn't really a concern to her. She wasn't upset because she was in Slytherin, but because there was nobody to speak with. Lis would get used to it eventually, though.

Oksander looked up from his parchment, his face concerned. 'I hope she's not in trouble...' Oksander's eyes then spotted Professor Potter focusing his gaze on him. Oksander quickly bent over his parchment, his quill flying across the page. 'I hope this is a good essay...' Oksander thought as he finished the first page.

Dulce sat at a desk at the front of the classroom, she kept quiet. Professor Potter didn't seem to be a very understanding person.

"Does anybody know any attack spells?" Professor Potter said. Dulce's hand shot up. "Ms Silverdrop, do you have one?" He said. Dulce nodded and stood up nervously. "I would like you to demonstrate that spell on me" Professor Potter said. Dulce took a deep breath and pointed her wand at him, immediately the pale pink lights surrounded her. "Petrificus Totalus!" She shouted. A wisp of icy blue light shot out of her wand straight at Professor Potter. He was hit in the stomach and slowly he began to freeze. After a minute or so, the effects had worn off and Professor Potter was fine. "See me after class Ms Silverdrop" He said, smiling.

Dulce sat back down, he was smiling at her in a good way but she was still nervous. She opened up her book and started re-reading page 8.

Katlen shot up her hand,"Mrs.Weasternley?Do you have a spell?"Professor Potter asked,Katlen noddded her head and stood up."Wingardium Leviosa!"She shouted,her text book on her desk levitated off the desk.Katlen pointed her wand to Professor Potter,the text went flying into the professor's arm.It ran into it and then dropped on the ground,"Good,and Weasternley.Please see me after class."Pofessor Potter said,Katlen picked up the text book and walked back to her desk.That wasn't even an actual attacking spell!Stupid!Katlen scolded herself.

Oksander looked up, his mouth pursed. He raised his hand defiantly. Professor Potter looked around, desperate to see another hand. "Fine...yes Mr. Crump, come demostrate one." Professor Potter stood there, an icy expression frozen to his face. Oksander lifted his wand and shouted "Confringo!" A red, fire-like light erupted from the tip of Oksander's wand, the light struck the wall behind Professor Potter. When the dust settled, a small hole in the wall let in natural light, which settled over Professor Potter and Oksander. "Sorry...I...I read about...t...that spell, and..." Oksander trailed off. "Mr. Crump...10 points from Hufflepuff for trying to harm me, 10 points from Hufflepuff for destroying school property, 30 points from Hufflepuff for endangering other lives, and a whole month of detention for being reckless. Now, go sit down...and see me after class." Oksander nodded and sat down. His hair and face were streaked with white dust, giving him a rather dirty look. Oksander didn't dare look up, he feared the faces that his classmates might have been making.

Last edited:
Jay raised an eyebrow. It sure seemed as if the teacher wanted to see a lot of kids after class, wether it be for reasons good or bad. Plus, Mr. Potter, what a surprise. She didn't know Harry Potter's son would be teaching, nor did she realise he'd be so... strict. On second thought, she realized all of these people he wanted to see after class would probably just be awarded with a lollipop (of the magical sort, of course) and a motivating pep talk: if he took after his father at all, that is.

Lost in thought and not paying the slightest bit of attention, Jay was unfortunately forced to live any student's worst nightmare. "Mrs. Corrington, do you have a spell you'd like to share with the class?"

Jay didn't have much of anything, only the spells she'd seen done by her parents. Wait, she did remember one. Her father had done it at his brother's wedding. She shrugged, grabbing her wand that had been shoved in her pocket with her left hand. It was worth a shot. Jay hopped down from her chair, standing straight up, wand in hand. "Avis!" She shouted half-heartedly, waving her wand in two stretched arcs similar to the letter m. To no one's suprise, not much of anything happened, but... was that feather there before? No, definitely not. Jay grabbed the blue feather between her thumb and forefinger, holding it up apathetically for the class to see. "I summoned part of a bird, I guess. That's better than nothing, right?" Someone across the room chuckled. Jay ignored them.

The teacher raised an eyebrow. "And how exactly would this help us in combat, Mrs. Corrington?"

Another shrug. "It could be used to block another harmful spell in a pinch, I guess," she frowned down at her feather. "You'd need a heck of a lot more birds though."

Mr. Potter looked somewhat interested. Let me guess... Jay thought before the teacher even opened his mouth.

"Good, see me after class."

Called it.

Shane watched as the other kids were all called upon and were told to be seen after class. And then Shane's worst nightmare happened. "Mr. Holland, can you name an attack spell?" Shane's mind went blank.

"Umm, Abra Kadabra?" He said, mentioning the first thing that came into his head. Mr. Potter hung his head.

"See me after class," he said.

Shane couldn't help but groan.

Lillie honestly couldn't pay attention for the life of her, watching all these students get called in after class. Of course, she struggled to stay awake to avoid attention, and being called on. She distracted herself by flipping through her book, pausing to glance at-

"Ms. Lewis, do you have anything to demonstrate?" "Well I mean I just read it-" "Why don't you give it a try?" Potter sternly asked of her.

Gulping the poor girl shook like a leaf, but looked down at her wand. Little dragons, she smiled lightly at it. Suddenly, she was filled with energy for the first time that morning. Her posture straightened, and a deadly calm washed over her face, paired with her dark eyes, she looked every bit bad ass for a few moments.

She waved her wand slightly, gently, yet there was a firm coordination to it. She barely even whispered the spell, and a silver blue orb shot from the tip of her wand, lengthened as if it were growing, and fizzled from existance almost faster than a blink.

"Pray tell, what spell were you performing?" "Uh- e-ecpecto petro-uh sir." Lillie stuttered, suddenly realizing that she probably was going to get called in after class. "See me after class, Ms Lewis." She shakily nodded, slumping into her seat with tears of fear in her eyes. She was so confused.

One by one, students were called on by Potter. And one by one, they were all told to meet him after class. Potter glanced at Lis, seeing the empty look on her face. “Fifer, demonstrate an attack spell on me,” he said. Lis crumbled inside. Of course he picked her. There was gentleness in his tone, however. Hesitantly, the Slytherin got out of her seat and stood in front of the class with her wand. The small girl looked at her wand and took a breath.

“Stupify,” she murmured, and a bright color shot out of the wood to Mr. Potter. It hit him squarely in the chest. Stunned, the teacher was dazed for a moment. A vacant expression was on the girl's face, and he snapped out of it. “Excellent. You may sit,” he said. Lis' empty stare looked up for a second, but went down as she sat. This put a concerned and sort of distressed look on his face.

After a while, Class was finished. A line of students waited outside of the classroom door. Many of them looked either excited or nervous. Dulce was up first.

Dulce timidly walked inside the classroom, Potter stood out the front, he didn't look angry. "Could you please show me your wand Dulce" He said. Dulce pulled her wand and handed it to him. Potter examined it closely and then gave it a wave. Nothing happened.

He gave it back to her. "What spell did you perform before you cast Petrificus Totalus?" He asked. Dulce was confused, she hadn't done anything aside from- the lights! She waved it and instantly the pale pink lights appeared. Potter gazed at them and tried to touch them. He pulled back in pain, he must of been burned as well. "I have no idea what they are..." Dulce said. "Alright, you may go now" Potter said. Dulce walked out carrying her bag, she was glad that she wasn't in trouble. She silently walked off to her next class.

Katlen was up next.

Professor Potter didn't have a angry look on his face."Mrs.Weasternely,well,I liked how you used a non-attacking spell to attack....... I should say.But,you were supposed to use an actual attacking spell.I'm not taking any points from Gryffindor because you used a spell,and then used it to attack.Get it?"He said.

Katlen nodded timidly."Then you may go."Professor Potter dismissed.

Katlen walked out of the room and sighed in relief,she knew her next subject was positions.Katlen walked to her next class alone.

When Katlen left, Oksander stepped forward. "Mr. Crump...That was a very good spell...but I didn't want one that could kill someone. I know your spell was still weak, thus causing a slight hole, but please be more thoughtful next time. I am proud of you though...Confringo is a good spell...I'm proud of you for studying that one. I'll change your month of detention to a week. Go to your next class now." Oksander was grinning as he threw his things into his bag and ran out of the classroom.

Katlen was stopped by Oksander,"What is he doing?"Katlen asked herself quietly as she almost caught up to the two Hufflepuffs."Well,there's no turning back now isn't there?"She murmured.

Dulce slowed down as she saw Okasander running towards her. She gave a small smile, "How did it go in their, with Professor Potter?" She said. Dulce rummaged through her bag and pulled out a potions book, she flipped through it. Potions seemed pretty straight forward, the only problem was some of the instructions. Some of the potions had disturbing names, who came up with those?! She put the book in her bag and winced slightly, she hoped they'd at least get a good teacher.

Katlen didn't see what Dulce was doing,but did the same.As she flipped through it,she had a disturbed look.Who came up with these names?Well, the polyjuice seems interesting.Katlen said silently,she shut the book loudly,not looking at it,and held it under her arm as she walked.

It was Lis' turn. She had stayed in her spot, not moving a muscle. He sat down next to her, his voice hushed. “I don't want you to tell me that you're quiet because you're in Slytherin,” he said gently. Lis shook her head. That wasn't the reason. “Good... so why are you? I've never had such a vacant student as you.”

“I'm not supposed to have fun, sir,” she said dimly. “I was raised for good grades and a quiet mouth. Besides, I haven't anybody to talk to. Now, sir, I have potions class that I probably should attend.” Mr. Potter stared for a second, then sighed in defeat. He nodded, standing up so she could get out.

Lis picked up her books, leaving the classroom. She walked quickly, eyes stinging with tears. She didn't wanted to talk, rather stay quiet. Lis walked quickly, she didn't want to be the slightest bit late. She even passed three students that she had in her previous class. Lis hoped they didn't see the tears threatening to spill, and her eyes were getting a bit bloodshot.

Jay was next in line to walk into the classroom. This was getting ridiculous.

Opening the door after another girl had walked out, Jay strode across the room waiting before the teacher's desk. She wasn't nervous in the least, after all, what could he possibly say. Ten billion points from Gryffindor for the minour possibility of triggering someone's allergies. or maybe Two thousand years of detention for not doing the spell correctly although you have literally never had legal access to a wand in your life. Would he actually deliver a punishment that big? She doubted it.

"Please, sit," Mr. Potter said, beckoning to the stool that sat in front of the desk.

Jay sat, waiting for whatever the teacher was about to throw at her.

"That wasn't exactly an attack spell, but I admire your creativity, Mrs. Corrington," he smiled in a way that, for a teacher, somehow didn't seem patronising? That was a first. "With a bit more practice, I'm sure you'll excel in this class. You are dismissed."

Jay exited the classroom, grabbing her now-tattered schedule out of her bag and checking it. "Potions next. Oh boy. Sounds really fun, I've always wanted to mix potentially toxinous compounds in a dungeon." Roughly shoving the paper schedule back in her bag, Jay headed to her next class. Hopefully the next teacher wouldn't ask to see every student after class.

Shane was called next. "Abra Kadabra?" Mr. Potter said shaking his head with a slight smile.

"You kinda threw me off guard, and my mind went blank," Shane said awkwardly.

Mr. Potter stared at the boy and shook his head. He placed his hand on Shane's shoulder. "There are hundreds of spells in the world, but Abra Kadabra isn't one of them. Do you really know any attack spells?"

"I know a few, but not tons. Stupify, Reducto, Oppungo, The Jelly-Leg Jinx," Shane said listing a few.

Mr. Potter smiled. "You know the subject well, so show some backbone. You know these well, so be proud of your ability. But don't let it get to your head either. Ego is more powerful then the Unforgivable curses." Mr. Potter pointed to the door, and shane left heading towards his potions class.

Lillie took a deep breath as she walked up to Mr. Potter. "Ms. Lewis, Expecto Petronum is a very complicated spell, and to even get as far as you did takes hours of practice." Lillie nodded her head, tears coming back into her eyes. "You didn't do anything wrong Lillie, I am very impressed and would like to see you practice that spell more. You seem to have a natural ability for summoning spells, so I'm giving 25 points back to Hufflepuff for knowing what it is you were doing." Lillie nodded shakily, smiling widely despite the tears in her dark eyes.

"Did you get any sleep last night?" "N-no sir." Potter frowned slightly, but didn't comment further on the matter. "You're free to go to your next class, thank you Ms Lewis." "Thank you sir!" Lillie gasped lightly, holding back her unnecessary tears that still fell despite her being filled with relief and joy. She scrambled her way out of the classroom.

She groaned, heading towards the dungeons where potions was being held. The creepy class in a creepy area, sounds fun. She was about to meet up with Dulce and Oksander when another girl brushed right past her. She looked ahead at her, the girl was briskly trying to stay ahead of everyone and seemed quite alone. For some unknown reason, Lillie sped up to meet with her, drawn to the lonesome girl for some reason.

She fell into pace with the Slytherin girl, gently saying "Hello." her voice, soft and kind, held a sort of reserved tone as if the Hufflepuff wasn't expecting an answer from the quiet girl beside her. Lillie kept a respectable distance, but still stuck next to her like a small shadow.

Lis didn't look up, but kept an empty gaze on the floor. The girl, following her shortly, had greeted her softly. Lis rubbed her eyes, trying to prevent tears and embarrass herself in front of the new girl. “Morning,” she said softly, quite hushed. Her voice had a little strain in it, and her face felt warm. A few tears just spilt, but she quickly brushed them away.

Lis wasn't going to make a fool of herself on the second day of school. So, she absently continued walking.

"Oh, it went ok. He commended me for trying out Confringo but advised me to try to not use dangerous spells. I thought it was awesome if you asked me." Oksander sighed, his expression gloomy. "Did you think I did ok?" He looked at Dulce with hope. Hoping someone appreciated his studying long and hard, he looked at her intently, his big blue eyes twinkling.

"I think you did great, aside from nearly killing our teacher" Dulc said, laughing a bit. They walked down some stairs and entered a large, dark room. A lady stood out the front, brewing a potion. As they arrived she looked up and smiled. "I'm Professor McClaine, just find a seat and wait for everyone else to arrive." She said. Dulce slipped into a seat in the middle of the classroom and signalled for Okasander to sit next to her.

Oksander chuckled as he walked down the steps into the dark, dank room. Oksander nodded when saw Dulce's signal, and he plopped down beside Dulce. "I'm glad I read chapters 1, 2, and 3!" Oksander exclaimed as he rubbed his hand over the rusty cauldron. "It's so pretty...I've looked forward to the potion making..." Oksander began to daydream again, his eyes hazy...far away. Oksander's hand twitched slightly as his mind remembered a past memory.

"Professor Potter was a little intimidating, huh." Lillie laughed gently, she didn't mind having a one sided conversation with the girl next to her. To be honest, at times Lillie was like that, preferring to just listen to what others had to say. But by no means does that mean she couldn't have things to talk about. She smiled, trying to add some warmth to the atmosphere.

"I was shaking like a leaf during and after getting called up. I'm surprised I held it together for as long as I did, I mean I was crying for no reason by the time he let me back out. Turns out I really had nothing to be really scared of." She looked down the steps to the dungeon, treading carefully as it got a little bit dimmer.

"I'm not bothering you, am I?" she asked politely. The last thing the kind girl wanted was to make other's uncomfortable, she hated the squeamish feeling you got when you were embarrassed or simply felt a little lost. Lillie just had a lot of empathy for those sorts of things.

“It wasn't very intimidating,” she said softly. “He's just... concerned.”
The girl proceeded to tell Lis what her experience with the professor was like. Lis listened to everything she said, but continued blanking out. The girl then asked if she was bothering Lis, to which she replied shaking her head "no". They walked down the dungeon stairs, similar to the Slytherin common room path. Lis sniffed as they arrived to the potions classroom.

She seated herself in the front row again, only sitting on the opposite side of where she previously sat. The woman up front announced herself. “I'm Professor McClaine, just find a seat and wait for everyone else to arrive,” the woman said. She had a sort of glowing aura, which seemed to add to her cheerful expression. It was the complete opposite of Lis' expression. She was currently studying the dimly lit room, seeing flasks and vials of colorful stuff.

Oksander broke out of his trance and pulled out his textbook. Sighing, he skimmed through his Potion's textbook. "I can't wait to get on to the harder potions! I've already tried making some of these...but using regular Muggle supplies." Oksander looked down ashamed. "I hate it sometimes...why did I have to be Muggleborn?" Oksander closed his book, as if he were closing up that memory. Changing the subject, he exclaimed, "You know...the class I look most forward to...is Transfiguration!" Oksander touched one of his extra quills with his wand. Immediately the quill became a knitting needle. "It's amazing..." Oksander looked over at Dulce. "You're Muggleborn too, right? I never even realized wizards and witches, vampires, ghosts, spells...were real until I recieved my letter. My parents refused at first, but then agreed when they realized I wouldn't be home everyday. They don't want my little brother to be harmed. What about your parents? Are they happy for you?"

Last edited:
"I'm actually half-blood, but was brought up as a muggle. My mother was a witch and my father was a muggle, but my mum died when I was 4... I had quite a practical life, I didn't really believe much in magic, but how wrong was I!" Dulce exclaimed, "My father was a little worried at first... my mum was killed by an evil wizard, but once I told him that I really wanted to go, he was fine. Besides, he's got my little sister to take care of."

Professor McClaine began to hand out some materials, flasks and weird looking ingredients. She seemed like a cheery teacher. Dulce smiled at her as she walked by and then looked down at her book, potions seemed interesting... but slightly weird.

Oksander nodded. "Well....atleast he supports you. So, which potion are we supposed to be doing...Oh, the Forgetfulness Draft. Well, if you need help just tell me. I'll whisper what ingredient is what and what you should do with it." Oksander spread out the supplies and started to prep his cauldron. Before starting, Oksander looked to see where Professor Mclaine was. Seeing that she was a ways off, Oksander pointed to a bottle of white liquid. "Put 2 drops of Lethe River Water and heat for 20 seconds."

As the class piled in, the middle-aged woman cheerfully clapped once. “Welcome, first years! Wonderful to have you all here. My name is Mrs. McClaine, and I shall be your teacher. That's right, settle down,” she said happily. Lis didn't make a noise.

“Now,” she began, “I see a few of you have your books open already, but if you haven't, please turn to page 7. We will be focusing on the Forgetfulness Draft. Can anybody tell me what the Forgetfulness Draft does?” A few kids deadpanned as the woman spoke bubbly. “Hm... oh, you!” She directed her eyes to Lis.

Lis screamed mentally. “The Forgetfulness Draft leaves the user who drank it with memory loss, but not for a long mount of time.” Mrs. McClaine smiled and applauded her.

“Good! 15 points to Slytherin!” She said. The professor looked at the emotionless child, eyebrows raised in concern.

Last edited:
Oksander looked up in shock and horror. "Were we supposed to wait before beginning?" Oksander's cauldron was already boiling, full of different ingredients. "I might have gotten a head start..." Oksander chuckled, his face turning paler by the minute.

Dulce laughed, Oksander was already brewing his potion, she hadn't even started yet. She put the two droplets of Lethe River Water in and heated it gently for 20 seconds. Then she added 2 Valerian Springs to the bubbling cauldron, then she stirred 3 times, clockwise. The book then said to wait 45-60 minutes. She sat there, staring into the bubbling cauldron, it was changing colours, from red to pink. It was hypnotising, Dulce wondered if she had gotten the mixture right so far.

Mrs. McClaine turned focus to the table of the boy and the girl, each had already started their potions. She smiled, but it gave off an uneasy feeling. “So you two already began? Huh. Honestly, I don't recall saying you could begin,” her bubbly voice had faded greatly, in it was filled with slight disappointment.

Lis looked over at the two, both of the cauldrons were colored and fizzing. She mentally shook her head. They ought to listen, especially the boy who seemed to get in trouble. Lis waited patiently for further instructions on what to do.

"Um...Well...You..." Oksander closed his mouth and said nothing. "I'm sorry Professor." Oksander sighed, his cheeks turning scarlet. All he wanted to do was show her his skills. Atleast the Sorting Hat saw his potential! It wanted badly to put him in Ravenclaw! Oksander looked up, his face tensed. "You know...I'm glad I started early...in fact my potion looks pretty nice, don't you agree? Well, since you're the teacher, aren't you going to grade it?" Oksander picked up a flask and poured some of the boiling liquid into it. "Here!" Oksander held the flask out, his face showing signs of annoyance.

"I think he ought to be told that skills don't mean anything if you don't use them correctly... He's in a school to learn not to flaunt his knowledge about as if he already knew everything." Lillie groaned distastfully, piping up for the first time since she had sat down next to Lis. Of course, her voice was quite so no one would hear, even she was wise enough to know comments like that should be kept to herself. She turned to Lis, "Hey... I um... Never really introduced myself did I?" She held out her hand in a soft sort of manner, a bright and kind grin on her face. "I'm Lillie, Lillie Lewis. And you?"

"Sorry Professor..." Dulce said, her face flushed with embarrassment. "But you never told us not to start either..." She murmured. She stirred her potion and it turned a scarlet colour. Her mouth turned into a small smile and she completed the rest of the steps. When she had finally finished, the potion was a bubbling scarlet. The teacher walked past and bent down to see Dulce's potion, she gave a small smile. "Great work Dulce, I'll award 5 points to Hufflepuff" She said. McClaine then walked over to Oksander. She bent down and looked at it, it seemed right. "Even though you did start early I will award you also 5 points" McClaine said.

The girl who Lis had shortly conversed with on her way to the classroom had sat beside her. Lis didn't mind, but she didn't feel any less lonely with a fellow person by her. The girl had spoke about how the boy ought to learn what and what not to do, and Lis nodded. Then, she introduced herself with the name Lillie.

“I'm Lis,” the Slytherin said, hushed. She gave a weak smile, which faded as quickly as it came.

"Thank you! And...I'm sorry Professor for my attitude." Oksander muttered in embarrassment. He finally realized how prideful he looked. "If you want to give me detention, I'll gladly take it..." Oksander looked up at her, his eyes pleading for punishment. He looked down at his cauldron in shame as he waited for Professor Mclaine's answer.

The teacher raised an eyebrow, the kid asking for punishment. “Uh, that's just weird,” the woman said awkwardly. She had never seen a child ask for punishment. “Anyways, I'd like you all to begin making your potions! Besides you two. You can sit quietly,” she said, eyeing them slightly.

Lis looked in her book, taking the placed ingredients and setting them in at the correct times.