• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Harry Potter RP

Dulce groaned, three people had already gone to the hospital wing, too late to make up some story about being injured. Dulce scribbled down her notes, groaning, at least their break was after this. Finally Professor Wopsle dismissed them. Dulce slammed her book closed, shoved it in her bag and ran out the door. Thankfully she saw Professor Potter before he saw her and she managed to slow down. When he was gone, she raced up the stairs to the hospital wing where she saw Lillie and Oksander. "Are you alright Lillie?" She asked frantically.

Oksander looked up quickly at the sound of Dulce's voice. "Dulce! Oh, yeah she's fine. We just came up with a story so we didn't have to go back and listen to Wopsle. How did the rest of the class go? Did it get more boring as he went along?" Oksander disliked Professor Wopsle, and wanted to hear other people's opinions.

"Oh my god it was so bad, one of the Slytherins passed out. He just droned on and on and on!" Dulce said, glad to get her feelings out. "Anyway, it's break time, we have about an hour or so... What should we do?" Dulce said.

"Um...we could practice flying some more...get a head start on our homework...practice transfiguring a mouse into a snuff-box....I really have know idea!" Oksander tried thinking of things to do. "Is there anything you want to try out, or do during break?" Oksander turned to Lillie and looked intently at her. He hoped she could think of something fun.

As soon as Lis was put in a bed, she got out of it. She didn't want to be left as if she were helpless and pathetic. There was still a bloodstain under her nose. She saw three kids speaking together. Jealousy slightly bubbled up inside of her as they were all easily communicating. Lis looked at the barely ruffled sheets she layed on earlier. She cast a quick glance at the happy trio of students, until her hollow, stormy eyes focused on the door.

She began walking towards it, though her body still felt a bit numb. The three students wouldn't care if she left anyways, so she opened the door.

Oksander looked up and saw the girl who alway seemed to be staring at him about to leave. "Excuse me." Oksander quickly told Lillie and Dulce. He got up and sprinted across the room. "Hey! I don't think we've met. I'm Oksander, Oksander Crump. You probably know me as the troublesome Hufflepuff boy!" Oksander chuckled dryly. "So...I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out with us for break. You seem to always be staring at us with envy, and so just know that we'd be happy to have you join us!" Oksander grinned at the quiet girl, his face shining with happiness.

Dulce wandered over to the girl, "Hello, I'm Dulce Silverdrop, nice to meet you!" Dulce said, "Like Oksander, we'd be happy to have you join us" Dulce smiled and walked back over to Lillie.

With envy? Lis thought. That wasn't the emotion she was trying to send, but she guessed it seemed like that. “You're the two who started potions early, if I'm correct. I'm Lis Fifer,” she said with her usual soft voice. “I haven't anything else to do, so sure.” She looked at the girl who introduced herself, but shortly retreated. Lis wondered if it was because she wasn't very "friend material". She saw Lillie, who she thought of as a nice acquaintance, perhaps more.

“Do you even know what you're doing for free period?” The small girl asked. She rubbed her nose, checking if it had stopped flowing. It had, but she didn't bother to clean her face.

"Um...not really." Oksander pulled out a handkerchief, and handed it to Lis to wipe her nose. "I was thinking of practicing transfiguration...but...I don't know what the others want. Did you want to do anything in particular?" Oksander was trying his hardest to include Lis. He wanted to be considered a good boy who's friendly. "Do you like transfiguration?" Oksander pulled out his wand and waited for Lis' answer.

"Oh, I saw you in flying practise Lis, you were really good!" Dulce said, trying to lighten the mood a little. She walked back over to them, glad Lis had accepted their invitation to hang out.

“I've practiced it a couple of times. It's neat, I guess,” Lis could tell the boy was kind of forcing himself to include her, which made her feel a bit more miserable than before. He pulled out his wand, a smile on his face. She didn't know how he could be cheerful.

Then, the girl named Dulce complimented her flight skills, to which Lis weakly accepted. “Thank you. You did pretty good, too,” she said, declining the handkerchief. Lis would have to wet the cloth, and get her blood on it. She didn't want to ruin somebody's possession with her own problem.

"Oh...are you sure? I have 5 more!" Oksander pulled out his other five handkerchiefs when Lis turned down the offered one. "So...you don't talk much do you? You know you wouldn't be friendless if you talked and tried to get involved when people interact with you!" Oksander apologized for his outburst. "It's how you live your life, well, it was nice talking to you. Maybe I'll see you around, alone." Oksander turned to leave.

After being called friendless, Lis felt as miserable as possible. “You think I want to be friendless?” She said quietly, voice cracking softly. “Nobody tries to interact with me. It's not...” Tears spilt down her face. She thought that she could make at least one friend.

“You don't have to go,” she said, strained. “I'll excuse myself. It's easy to tell none of you want interactions with me either.” Tears were now flowing at a steady pace as the girl brushed gently past the boy, quickly hurrying out of the room.

Oksander burst into tears as well. But his were for another reason, he thought. "Wait! Lis!" Oksander raced after the fleeing girl. Peeves, his ears having heard the weeping flew down the hallway. "Oksy is a meanie! Lissy is a sissy!" Oksander ignored Peeves as he caught up with Lis. "Hey, wait!" Oksander grabbed Lis' arm. "I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings. That's not what I intended! I just am trying my hardest to make friends, and you always seem so sad. I just want to be your friend, because having friends usually makes you happy. Well, unless they're bad friends, but never mind that. I'm trying really hard to get on common ground with you, but you seem to shut down. Why?" Oksander stared at Lis with mixed emotions, but mostly with kindness and compassion.

Lis sniffled as Oskander grabbed her arm. “I can't speak up!” She said, flustered and distressed. Tears ran down her face, over the dark rings under her eyes. “My brother killed himself in this school! I can't...” she quietly gasped, covering her mouth as if she said a dirty curse. Tears were violently streaming down her face as she stared into the eyes of the boy who apologized. “I just... can't speak loudly.” The girl finished in a quiet, broken voice. Her sudden outburst ended as she blinked tiredly.

"Oh, I'm sorry...but that was your brother's choice. Not yours. So don't let it effect your life. If you want to come hang out with us, we would love to have you join our little 'group' I should say. If you still feel scared or uncomfortable, then that's your choice. I'm leaving it up to you, but know this..." Oksander looked at Lis intently, "you make your choices, not your brother." With that Oksander turned and started to walk back to the Hospital wing.

When told not to be affected, Lis had only silently cried more. Of course she tried not to be fazed, but she was constantly reminded that her best friend and sibling ended his own life in her school. Oskander left, leaving the crying girl to stand alone in the big, stone halls. Maybe I can go to my brother. I can join him, right? Lis' thoughts tempted her. Of course she didn't want to die, but she felt like she was already dead.

The girl contemplated on wether or not she should join them, and she rubbed her eyes with her sleeve. Looking helpless, the girl hesitantly walked back into the hospital wing.

Lillie frowned, listening to the entire exchange. Well, it was kinda hard to not overhear when the two rose their voices in the echoing halls. She got off the bed, casting a small glance at Oksander, some unreadable emotion on her face, before she gripped Lis on the shoulders. "Hey. Listen. I want you to look me in the eyes when I tell you this, kay?" she had a face set in stone, you could clearly see she wasn't going to be taking excuses if she got any.

"I'm not asking you to tell us what's wrong, or why you feel the way you do. But I heard, and yes, honey, it sucks. But everyone's got dead people. I don't think its an excuse to go around acting like its the end of the world. There's a lot of things I can say, like how your brother probably wouldn't want to see his sister being all mopey, and how I lost my own grandpa because muggle surgeons weren't allowed to operate on him because of some stupid law saying they used up all their hours and couldn't work any more for the month." Her eyes teared up, but she had not an emotionless face, more of a stoic calmness about her as she continued.

"Hey, I get it. Loosing someone makes things hard. But honestly, don't go acting like nothing is going to look up. You think you're friendless, try being friendly. We're all trying to get you to open up somewhat, even if its just a little! I don't care if you break down crying, start screaming at us, or whatever, but I know that you don't deserve being alone. Your brother is dead, that is in the past, look foreword for once, even if you're only doing it for him." Lillie was fully aware of how much she had rambled. But she got on such a passionate rise, trying to reach out to the Slytherin, that instead of apologizing for ranting she instead set her face into one of kind nurturing.

"You've still got blood on you, girl." She deadpanned gently, using the sleep of her own robe to gently wipe away the stain on Lis's face.

Dulce smiled weakly from behind Lillie, "If you keep feeling down, things are only going to get worse Lis. It isn't good to dwell on the past" She said, taking a step forward. "Life moves forwards, not backwards, and you need to keep up or else you'll leave yourself behind"

Lis nodded, head slightly hung in shame. They were right, she did ought to lighten up. She knew it would take awhile, but it was better than nothing. After Lillie finished and wiped Lis face, Lis took a sharp breath. The next moment, she found herself hugging the girl, with instinct. “Thank you,” she said.

However, Lis couldn't believe how she could say her brother was dead with a breeze. Often, Lis tried to ignore that and unaccept it.

Last edited:
"I was trying to say all of that!" Oksander grumbled, but inside he was glad the others came to help reason. "So...now that we have mended torn bonds in a sense....what are we going to do? I don't think we have much time left..." Oksander rocked back and forth on his heels as he stared at nothing in particular, thinking.

"We have a bit of time, we could go explore the castle grounds for a bit" Dulce suggested, walking over to the window. The forest was looming and huge, students were forbidden to go in it, though Dulce suspected that rule had been broken a few times. A small hut was just beside the forest, and she could see a huge lake a kilometre from there. In the distance she just saw blue sky and mountains.

Lillie stiffened after being caught off guard. Sure she was a cuddle bug at heart, but she hated being caught off guard. A few seconds later she embraced Lis, however, inwardly relieved. "You know, I kinda want to go to the library... I hate not knowing about all this magic stuff, my curiosity demands knowledge!" She finished her phrase dramatically, but grinned expectantly at the rest of her friends. Oh, she actually made friends already. Huh, I though that would be much harder... she thought to herself.

"I don't see why not. It sounds like a good idea. I love reading! I've been bored since I've read all of the textbooks for this year already. Maybe I can read up on some more advanced spells and potions." Oksander grinned at his new friends. "You know...we need a name for our group. I've read some about Harry Potter, because...he's famous, and aparently his father and his father's friends had a name for themselves. I thought it would be neat if we called ourselves something. If you guys think the idea is dumb...then forget about what I said..."

Oskander suggested a nickname for the little group of students, to which Lis pondered. “The quiet quad... no, no, that's the total opposite,” Lis murmured with a little laugh. “The fun four... that sounds like a lame sitcom. The... never mind,” the girl shook her head. “I haven't any ideas. And, I think it'd be nice to read for a bit, too.” Lis weakly smiled, cheeks flushed lightly. Her eyes were a bit bloodshot, adding to the appearance of the “I haven't slept in four days and I don't plan on doing it anytime soon” look she had going on.

"Um...we could be called...The Black Cats because we always seem to be in trouble or are hurt. We're unlucky! Or The Odd Spells...I don't know!" Oksander started getting embarrassed for saying they should have a name. "Um...so the library. I still haven't memorized where everything is...Do any of you guys know where the library is?"

"I'm sure if we ask one of the teachers they'd point us in the right direction." Lillie suggested. Before laughing loudly to herself. "Oh, I've got a golden name: The Fantastic Four! Too bad it's copyrighted." She snorts, finding the name utterly hilarious. "I'm sure we'll think of a name eventually, but we don't have anytime to spare. Let's look for that library!" She exclaimed, racing off into the hallways, waving the rest of the group to follow.

Oksander sighed, a smile glued onto his face. He ran after Lillie, hoping the other two were following. "Mr. Crump! 10 points from Hufflepuff for running...again!" Professor Potter appeared like a bird looking for prey. "Why...may I ask...were you running?" Professor Potter loomed over Oksander, causing Oksander to start to get nervous. "I was...I mean...we...Lillie...and I....running...and...a-and..." Oksander couldn't finish his sentence before being interupted. "Mr. Crump, I dislike it when someone tries passing the blame onto someone else. In this case, you trying to get Lillie in trouble too. Remember Mr. Crump...no running!" And with that, Professor Potter was gone. "Oh...We...well I mean I...oh nevermind!" Oksander sighed and walked after Lillie.

Lis trailed behind the two students, incoherently murmuring thoughts to herself. At one point, Oskander got points taken away for running by Professor Potter, who didn't let Lis pass unnoticed. “Miss Fifer. You're feeling better? I thought you were supposed to stay in bed for awhile,” he stopped her, crossing his arms.

“Yes sir,” she said. He looked a bit surprised that her voice wasn't as empty as before, but her did notice her reddish eyes. “Get some sleep tonight, Elisabeth.” Her nudged her to follow her friends, to which she gladly did.

"I think we need to take a bit of time to think about the name" Dulce said calmly, "And I think the library is this way"

The small group quietly walked towards the library. Dulce spotted it up ahead and walked faster towards it. She entered and walked straight into a random section, which she then realised these books were on wands. She shrugged and walked off in search of books about strange magic.

Lillie gazed in wonder at all the books. Her eyes lit up with that special sparkle, and she rushed straight to the section with anything related to nature. In addition to a few potion books, she had many on plants, one dedicated to dragons, and others on animal based magic. She eagerly flipped through the pages, sitting down at the nearest table she could snag. She highly doubted she would ever need to summon a duck, but hey that'd be something pretty funny. Nevertheless, she absorbed the pages, until she suddenly stopped. She read the page slowly, eyes slowly widening. Animagus are so cool was her next thought.

Dulce pulled out her wand and waved it, causing the pink lights to once again appear. She flipped through a book of unknown magic, she didn't really find anything matching the pale pink shimmering lights description. She closed the book and looked through the shelves, many of the books looked like they hadn't been opened in a million years. She finally found a book called "One of a kind, rare magic" She opened the book and flipped through, praying she'd find something useful.

Lis examined the hundreds of books that would satisfy her. Scanning a shelf that was in her reach, she spotted one about abilities that witches and wizards have had. It seemed pretty new as the pages were barely touched, and the spine hardly creased. She pulled the book out, setting it on a table and seating herself.

Flipping to a random page, the first picture was of a wizard, flying upwards without a broom. She absorbed the words, learning things she thought she never would. The next page was of a witch, changing her hair color. Of course, the pictures moved, so it went from red to blue to pink. Lis continued reading through until she flipped to a page with a wizard standing in front of a snake. His mouth seemed to be moving. Lis read the section, seeing that it said the famous Harry Potter had the ability of Parseltongue. She thought that was pretty cool.

She flipped through the book, looking for any sign of what she was doing. Finally she turned to a page on force fields, it had something a little like what she was doing.

"The user may wave their wand in a certain way to cause a force-field to appear. The magic is rare and hard to master" The book read. Dulce tried waving her wand a different way than usual, but nothing happened. She waved it the same way and the lights appeared. She looked down and kept reading.

"For the user to properly assemble the force-field they must-" Dulce wimpered, of course the page was torn. That was information she needed! She flipped through the rest of the book but found nothing. She put the book back on the shelf and sat, just thinking. She waved her wand to summon the pink lights, she tried waving her wand and poking the lights, but none of that worked. Annoyed, she went to go read some books about Transfiguration.

Oksander sat down at a table and began absorbing all that was in the books he chose. 'Hmmm...this potion seems really weird. Dew that has never been exposed to light! Mandrake leave...' Oksander sighed as he looked over the strange potion's brewing directions. "Well...this might come in handy...so..." Oksander memorized the whole potion's recipe. "Now...spells...Aparecium, Avis, Accio..." Oksander burried himself in books. Books on rhunes, omens, spells, potions, signs, etc. Oksander was having the time of his life.

Lis finished the book, shoving it back in its place. A glint of golden cover caught the girl's eye from the tallest shelf on the very tall bookshelf. She hesitantly climbed the ladder up, reached for the book and grabbed it. Holding it to her chest, she prepared to step down, but lost her balance greatly. With panic, the small girl fell backwards off, clutching the book with one hand. In a flash, she yanked her wand out of her pocket. “Arresto momentum!” She quickly said. Before falling, she hovered above the floating up and clutching the book tightly. Fear still buzzed in herself as she had been lifted from the ground.

Putting her wand away, whilst in the air, she fell to her feet. Stumbling a bit, she sighed with frustration and relief. She was still surprised that she remembered that spell, though. Looking at the book, it said, “Herbology: The Advanced Basics”.