• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Hall of Eggery

So...I have a Mewtwo xD Funnily enough, I drew mewtwo just the other day. I guess I'll go back to clicking now, just to hatch the thing :p

As of 2am last night or so, attempting to view anything on gpxplus (NOT gpsplus) results in the body of the page being replaced with "We're sorry, but it seems your account here has not yet been validated. You must first complete a quiz regarding site rules before continuing, which can be found here: http://www.gtsplus.net/validate"

...I think this is as close to livid as I've gotten in awhile. I'm also confused. Ok, I can understand them hounding people about showing the adds-- that's central to their moneymaking scheme. But if you're unvalidated, you can't post on the forums, so you cannot cause any trouble I can think of.

Ah well, might as well cut down on the number of hours wasted on that site anyways. What a pity, it really was a fun thing to waste time on, but if they're forcing me to take a quiz that relies on being very familiar with a forum I neither know anything nor care about, clearly they do not want me giving them ad revenue.

Same thing happened here. And I've already taken the quiz! WTF?!

I'd retake it, but I can't remember my password DX so I guess it's bye bye GPXplus for me...

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Interesting, is working fine for me. I have done their quiz, though, so that may be why.

I have, however, not got a single click today yet, so it must be affecting a lot of people.

Same thing happened here. And I've already taken the quiz! WTF?!

I'd retake it, but I can't remember my password DX so I guess it's bye bye GPXplus for me...

If you've already taken the quiz then it shouldn't matter. If you still can't access the forums then that's a problem of the site.

Nothing has happened to me. I've taken the quiz too. However, for some reason my gts account doesn't exist anymore. That might be why I don't have to take the quiz.

EDIT: Does anyone know what's inside this egg:

image.png
?

Thanks tunduli, I thought it was exeggcute at first, but then I saw one with a glow, so I new it was a legendary.

Also, I hatched charmander clone and wynaut :) Now all I need is a female charmander to breed with it.

No probs', Jerty. ;)

Woooow. Charmander clone looks as if it has a weird hair-do. @.@ Charizard clones look so badass. XD

Hatched Spinda and Aron, and got Kecleon egg. Man, I've been looking for a Kecleon for ages. And the first one I saw in the Shelter was the one I got. X3 I wish I had a shiny Kecleon ...

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Aha, Wailmer finally hatched. Now, to hatch the other three so I can leave a team to be levelled XD

SHELTER FRENZY!!!!! HATCHED POKEMON EVERYWHERE! YOU MUST HURRY

Okay, have to come out of exile for this. To anyone who doesn't know, they purged all the non-validated accounts and all of the Pokemon the person had were released into the shelter.

So there is a shelter frenzy right now! Hatched Pokemon galore! I got a Level 100 Swampert, a Taillow, and an Aerodactyl XD

Edit: to make this stand out in the recent posts box

Also just got an Empoleon

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Holy crap! Wow.

ETA to add sensible info:

Well, that was one hell of a spree. I managed to grab 6 Pokémon - four at random, and then I stopped and thought "wait, my targets'll be in here somewhere" - so I started looking for a 'Lax and a Jolteon. And I got both. ^_______^

Now I just need to hatch these durned egglets so I can arrange my team and leave GPX+ alone XD

Last edited:
C

Celadon

I also logged in after a long time, and grabbed six pokemon (Wynaut was there, too) from the shelter, just for the sake of it.

Will be releasing all of them by tomorrow.

Back to the worst owners list, hopefully! ( released all of my pokemon previously, remember?)

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Y'know, I have to wonder now - how much will this affect people playing the game idly? Seeing as a little patience yielded me everything I wanted and a tad more besides, I easily forsee myself using GPX+ less then I even do now - and I go on it very rarely!

On the flipside, what about the diehard regulars? Will they feel cheated by the fact that everyone's picking up hundreds of Pokémon without any effort at all? Mind, with all the legendaries running around anyway, even without a run on the shelter, I doubt it'd be too much of a blow. Still, it shall be very interesting to see various people's reactions on the forums.

Last edited:
Wow, there are still so many loose Pokemon ... my head hurts. x__x
GWAHAHA, I now have a Gastrodon. xD (Who's been box'd)

Anyway, I finally hatched a Kecleon.

Too bad I still have a full party, since the Status page is displaying this:

Number of unclaimed Pokémon: 53,999.

*glares at egg-filled party*
Those need to hurry up and hatch, XD. I guess there were a buttload of unvalidated accounts, seeing as there are so many pokemon bouncing around in the Shelter.

Last edited by a moderator:
To answer Data's question:

I consider myself a gpx regular and I don't mind people nabbing high leveled Pokemon at all.

...After all, I was one of the people taking advantage of the frenzy XD Got myself a level 100 Swampert AND a female Infernape

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Never did post that I found it nifty to come back online randomly and notice a Mewtwo in my GPX party. Here I was complaining about Carmen having a clone Pokemon (ILU CARMI), and Sem pointed out that I had "THE" clone Pokemon... XD

I must say that Wartortle definitely is the best looking of the its clone line! The patterns in the shell is really cool and it makes me wish clone Squirtle and Blastiose had similar poses in their sprites XD I almost don't want want to evolve it.

Wow, Carmen (if you don't mind me calling you that >>; ), it's shell is pretty darn cool. ^^ I still wish I got another clone apart from Mewtwo. XD

Carmen is actually what I prefer to be called anyway XD

But yeah, I'm actually glad I got a clone instead of Mew/Mewtwo for the simple fact that the clones are breedable ^^

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Hatched Squirtle Clone and Mankey, plugged all my notable Pokés into my sig, and left Uxie to rot. :p

Last edited: