• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Geminos: ~Threads of Uncertainty~ (Role Play Thread)

"Yeah, he is kinda role model in a sense. I-I am here to compete for Gyms not compete in Contests I mean but his style and just the confidence he carries radiate from everything he does. I desire to be a bit like that..." Devin said sheepishly, which was a half truth as he had been here to compete in Gyms and had drawn on those aspects of Wallace...but that wasn't the total truth though he would rather not mention that just yet. Either way he was touched by the kind words Sandra said and had to agree he was lucky to have a partner like Terra and he had cherished it to this day.

Devin then listened to Rowan and Sandra as they each explained how they met their partners. In his eyes, it was easy enough to see why their Pokemon stuck with them; a little bit of kindness during such clear struggles counted for a lot; whether it is giving it food while it is weak or helping it escape a plastic prison the two showed kind hearts that clearly resonated with their own partners.

"Man, t-that is amazing. Both of you, I don't think it is odd your Pokemon would be drawn to a pair of well honestly amazing people. You both did a lot for them, more than you might even realize and I think they'd want you to know that." Devin said with a smile to the pair.

"Ruff rock!" (That is a good start, I know you and Sandra can do it!) Terra encouraged with a smile before she heard Manti express her gratitude about being welcomed though when Astraea rightly asked why'd they be bothered by Manti's presence the latter tried to just dismiss it as nothing.

This was...suspicious. Though Terra wouldn't ask about it. Least not directly, or right away...

"Rock. Ruff ruff Rock!" (Well don't ever think you are not welcomed. I think you and Astraea are quite cool and I hope Devin travels with you so we can hang out all the time here!) Terra expressed with her usual pep as she hoped this little group would last and expressed her wish to travel with these two throughout the region. If that was reasonable naturally.

"Nothing wrong with having a role model, even if they don't really fit your dream. My role model is the gym leader of Olivine city, Jasmine, because of how caring she is when it comes to Pokémon yet I don't feel the need to become a gym leader or to challenge gyms. If you feel like your role model will help you get further in life, their profession should not matter." Sandra didn't want Devin to feel like a second-rate person just because of his role model, though having Wallace as a role model made it more likely for him to get picked on because Wallace wasn't exactly considered a 'manly man'. Which was Tauros dung according to Sandra, no matter someone's appearance or profession, people should still be respected no matter what.

"Maybe you're right, Astraea does seem to like me a lot more than I expected. Maybe if I'm lucky Beepbeep will follow the same route, although I can't really test it here without messing with the equipment." She smiled as she looked at the Poké Ball of the Magnemite, somehow this thing wasn't influenced by the electromagnetic waves of Beepbeep.

"Star. Staryu." (Thank you, I am sure you and your trainer will be more and more in sync as time goes on too.) Astraea flashed its core in gratitude, although it noticed that Manti was hiding something from them. They didn't know Manti or social etiquette too well to ask about it, so they decided to leave it alone. If Manti wanted to talk about it, she knew she could talk here. Terra caught them off-guard though with the sudden compliment. "...Yu?" (...Cool? Me?) The cry was rather quiet, but it was still there along with a small glowing bubble of happiness in Astraea's body. (They called me cool!)

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Wallace is just a guy who's living the dream, who wouldnt wanna be like him to a degree?" Rowan wanted to offer Devin his own bout of encouragement even though he thought Sandra did it much better than he could.

"To be honest, if I had to choose a role model, it'd probably be the Kahunas. Not only are some of them members of the Alolan Elite 4, they also are masters of a powerful technique called a Z-move. Unfourtunately, i never battled one, so i never got to get a Z Crystal," He sounded a little disappointed, but it didnt last long.

"Fomantis! Mantis mant."(You're one of the coolest Pokemon I've met Astraea. With a shiny core like that I bet youd be the most popular Pokemon in the Sea! You too Terra.) While she gave her compliments to her new friends, a small part of her warmed up at the concept of being considered "cool" by Terra.

"The Kahunas? Could you tell me more about them Rowan? I've heard some sailors talk about them in the café, but they never told me about how strong they are." Sandra was intruiged by the mention of the strongest trainers of the Alola region and hoped that Rowan could tell her something about them.

Astraea wasn't sure how to react to the compliment, and its core burned a scarlet red without them trying to. "Star.... Yu." (Oh. Well, that isn't exactly true. There are cooler Pokémon in the sea. Mantine has incredible fins, Krabby has powerful pinchers, Shellder has a defense that should be respected, Tentacool has those red orbs in its head that are bigger than my core, Corsola has beautiful colors and Chinchou has those pretty lights dangling from its head. Compared to them, I really am not that special and far from popular due to my core unnerving most Pokémon and agitating Tentacool.... But thanks, I guess.)

“Finish it off with thunder shock!” Atticus cheered as the flying squirrel projected a jolt of electricity from its cheeks, sending sparks through the orange weasel and causing it to topple to the ground, effectively ending their long battle.

“Now, let’s immortalize our first victory here in Geminos by making it our first capture!” Atticus clicked the button on a pokeball in his hand, causing it to expand and perfectly fit into his palm. The ball spun threw the air, connecting with the torso of the Buizel. With a red flash the pokeball absorbed the Pokémon, rattling three times before it clicked to confirm the catch.

“Nice!” A grin broke out on Atticus’s face. “We just caught a Buizel!” Topaz jumped up and gave his trainer a high five before Atticus picked up the shining pokeball. I’ll call you Jett. The boy smiled as he looked down at the orb that contained his new friend.

Atticus made his way over to the local Pokémon center, hoping to heal Topaz and Jett after their recent battle. He placed the two pokeballs on the counter and congenially smiled as the nurse took them away. Atticus made his way over to a nearby couch and slowly dozed off in a nap while he waited for his Pokémon to be healed.

Last edited:
Ellen shimmied through the doors of the red-roofed building, the air-conditioned temperatures washing over her as the glass-doors shut behind her. Her heels clicked across the tiled floor, slow steps carrying her to Nurse Joy's desk. She kept conversation curt and polite, handily sliding her pokemon over the Nurse's work station. As the pink-haired nurse began to set Ellen's pokemon in the automated healer, the newbie trainer allowed her head to lull to the beat of the oddly perky machine.

It hadn't taken more than a couple of minutes. A small smile cracked across Ellen's face as she retrieved her Pokeballs and slipped them into her bag. Thanking Nurse Joy, she teetered off towards the Pokecenter's lounge, plopping into a chair and she loosened her nerves. It'd been a hectic morning, so she decided she'd rest for a bit before heading back out.

Last edited:

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas
"I think it's great that you would just willingly give that cutie some of your energy just to keep it alive Jax, but I would just be sure not to overdo it. You could end up getting hurt if you use too much. Anyway, a hotel sounds great, I want one with a nice soft bed by the beach in town. It will feel just like home. Angel loves the beach and I think you will really love it too, come on!" With that said Angel dashed out of City Hall, or she would have if a tiny purple pokemon had not jumped in front of her and making her trip over the pokemon and causing them both to fall.

"Oww, why would you do that?" She then looked at the pokemon she had tripped over and realized she had never seen anything like it before. "Ty Ty" It seemed like the pokemon was all revved up and wanted some action. Lizzie could sense this immediately and took out her new Pokedex to analyze the small pokemon.

"Tyrogue, the scuffle pokemon. It is famous for its eagerness to fight and always nurses injuries from challenging larger foes."

"Oh, so you must want to battle right? Well, I'm not exactly a battler myself, but there are a lot of other trainers I'm sure would be willing to give you a fight if you just asked." The Tyrogue just grinned at this and took a fighting stance aimed straight at Lizzy. "Ok, I guess I can try and give you the battle you are looking for..." She grabbed angel and delicately set her on the ground in front of her. "You can do this Angel, I believe in you. USE ICE SHARD LET'S GO!!" Angel leaned down and shot four shards of Ice straight from her fur. The Tyrogue flipped over the shards of ice and started dashing towards his opponent, eager since his chance was finally coming to light.

Ellen closed her eyes, sinking into the sea of her own thoughts. As she ignored the world around her, the pokeballs in her bag began to quiver; three jagged streams of energy erupted from her bag. The well-lit environment of the Pokemon Center muted the characteristic flashes of light that accompanied the pokeball's opening, rendering almost them unnoticeable. Almost. The soft clicks of the Pokeballs were still more than enough to catch Ellen's attention.

Peeking through her eyelids, Ellen noted the glint of restlessness and curiosity in the eyes of her Pokemon. Now that things had calmed down a bit, her Pokemon had shifted their attention to the new environment around it. They exchanged glances with each other, communicating wordlessly. Cordelia stepped forward a cutesy『Growl』rising in her throat, and crocodile tears gathering at her eyes.

Ellen snickered, she remembered seeing the move 『Fake Tears』 in Cordelia's learn set, but she would've never imagined this was how the Mawile would pick up her first move. Shaking her head in resignation, Ellen waved her hand dismissively.

"Have fun, don't go too far..."

With the speed they'd taken off at, Ellen wasn't even sure they'd heard her. She just hoped they didn't cause too much trouble for the other people using the Pokemon Center. Dismissing her plans to take a nap, Ellen pulled a book from her bag, 『Guide to the Geminos Region』and flipped to the chapter on Aquamarine City. Although she wouldn't be focused on her Pokemon, reading would allow her to stay aware enough to keep an eye on them.

Shortly after, Ken made his way into the pokemon center and quickly ran up to Nurse Joy while pulling out his pokeballs. He swiftly handed his pokemon to Nurse Joy and waited for the machine to do its thing. “Heal up guys, you really fought hard back there.”

When his pokemon were done healing, Ken retrieved his pokeballs and sent out all his team members. He knelt down in front of them and gave them all pats. “All healed up? That’s good.” But then he noticed 13’s face had a light burn scar on the place it was hit by an Ember from the Houndour. “Oh no, that’s not good.” He let out a sigh. “I’m sorry 13, if I had more items on hand I probably would have been able to prevent this.” Ken had a light frown on his face, feeling bad about what happened to 13 and somewhat blaming himself for not being equipped enough.

The Drowzee raised his hand towards Ken with the intention of telling him it’s not his fault. All his other pokemon also pitched in to comfort their trainer. He chuckled. “Heh, thanks guys.”

Ken stood up and noticed something peculiar. He noticed a few pokemon running around and noticed how they were all pokemon Ellen owned. “Huh, hey do you guys think those are Ellen’s pokemon?” He asked his pokemon who all agreed to it, except Rhyhorn and Charmander who were new. “Well, I’ll leave you all out for now. If you want to rest of get some exercise is up to you.” He told his pokemon before walking off.

He soon found the female trainer in question sitting close by in the lounging area. The young man walked up next to her. “Hey Ellen, good to have finally caught up with you. I haven’t seen you since you ran off this morning.” He said in a casual tone.

Charmander approached Cordelia, recognizing her from the car ride. He once again looked at her, but forwards instead of sideways this time.

Last edited:
Terra felt the urge to roll her eyes as she gave a gently nuzzle along Astraea as she smiled at the water type. "Rock ruff! Ruff ruff rock!" (Oh don't be ridiculous you are amazing! You need to focus less on what you think other Pokemon have over you and take pride in what you are and what you can do!)

Devin himself wondered if he should try to offer his impute on what the Kahunas were, given he had also been an Alola native. However before any decision could be made a bright flash from one of his Pokeballs caught his attention as Devin glanced and saw his new Growlithe had released itself and glanced up at Devin; panting and with its tongue out.

"O-oh uh, hey Growlithe. Guess you wanted some fresh air?" Devin asked and before he knew it the Growlithe began to run around the center without a care. Devin's eyes widened as he quickly got up to chase as Growlithe seemed to desire to spread its legs though appeared careful not to hit anybody initially.

Well, with one exception.

As the Growlithe saw Terra among her group, it had a slight smirk before it ran by and gave what seemed like an accidental bump which knocked the Rockruff on her side before it ran to the counter. Devin chased as Terra glanced up and glared at the Growlithe.

"Ruff!" (Hey!)

The Growlithe crossed between a trio of trainers of then who shot curious if not confused glances as Devin offered quick apologies beforre its gaze seemed to settle on another pair of trainers; one who seemed lounging around as it read a book, and their various Pokemon that had been released and sped over to them to get a better look. Though before it could give any a sniff Devin quickly picked up the Growlithe as Devin glanced at it.

"H-hey easy there, gotta be mindful of others here." Devin said before he turned to the other trainers and sheepishly rubbed his head. "A-apologies."

Last edited:
Astraea was caught even more off guard by the sudden physical contact that Terra initiated. "...yu?" (.....Uhhh, I guess....?) It was as clear as crystal that the Water type struggled to think clearly when faced with an unexpected situation outside of battle, something that might become a problem if they also struggled in the heat of battle. Staryu! (Sandra, help! I don't know what to do!)

Sandra looked at the new introduction of Growlithe and its antics with a smile on her face. "They will be quite a handful huh Devin? Do you need a leash for it or something?"

Aquamarine City
A popular first stop for new arrivals to the Geminos Region, Aquamarine is often the location where challengers of the Geminos League obtain their first badge, Surrounded by a number of rivers, the city makes use of their rapid currents to power its hydroelectric grids by running canals and waterways through the city. Travel through Aquamarine is characterized by the boats and rafts which can be rented from the City's Hall.

Whether you choose to pick up oars and row, row, row your boat, gently down the city's many off-shoot streams or hitch a ride on the city's highway currents, remember to beware the mischevious wild water pokemon that live within.

The beautiful blend of city and freshwater makes Aquamarine a hot-spot for trainers looking to capture water types, and for those looking for a bit more of a challenge, the weekly Aquamarine Fishing Competitions will more than satisfy. Hosted jointly by the Region's Lure Master & Fishing Guru, the challenges of the competition provide aspiring trainers a good chance to acquire the coveted Good & Super rods, along with the special lures unique to the Geminos' region.

Lucky participants may even get the chance to compete with the City's own Water-type Gym Leader, and the competition's frequent champion...

=============================
As Ellen thumbed through the pages of her guide book, she was startled by a sudden voice —one much closer than she would've expected. She eeked out her surprise with a shrill cry.

"Ken!?"

She felt her heart racing, each trepidatious thump reverberating through the cool leather booklet clutched to her chest. Her glasses sat askew, almost falling off her face as they were displaced by her flustered reaction. Half-squinting half-glaring, Ellen gave Ken the look.

"Don't you know its impolite to disturb people while they're reading?"

She'd been prepared to lay into Ken when a flash of red striped fur caught her attention. Whipping around just in time, Ellen caught sight of Devin as he restrained his—

"Growlithe!"

There was an unmistakable excitement in her voice, and she leaped to her feet. A regal figure cloaked in flame, a creature of inviolable majesty. The images of Devin's Growlithe and Officer Jenny's Arcanine overlapped briefly, and a look of complete enamourment colored Ellen's face rosy.

"Ohhhh, it's so beautiful!"

The Sinnoh born trainer almost moved to pull the Growlithe from Devin's hands, only managing to catch herself mid-way. Swiftly, she backed off both literally and symbolically as she regained her composure.

"Cough Sorry about that..."

She felt rather awkward about her little outburst, but her admiration for the Growlithe, and desire to own one herself, soon suppressed that feeling.

"Um...I'm Ellen"

Smoothly the began to introduce herself, her eyes regaining their focus as she spoke —to the Growlithe, of course.

"What's your name little one?"

While Ellen fussed over Devin's Growlithe, there was another pair of eyes focused on the dog Pokemon. After snubbing Ken's Charmander with a look of general disdain, Cordelia had turned her attention to the issue her human was making such a fuss over.

Last edited:
Devin had been about to respond to Sandra's comment when suddenly he saw a pair of hands as they almost tried to pull on his Growlithe which caused Devin to snap his attention as he pulled back on the Growlithe in his arms as he eyed the girl curiously.

"H-hey, watch it." Devin stressed, even if this guy seemed a handful he was still his Pokemon. Though if Terra's glare as she stood next to Astraea was any indication she'd wish that the girl had taken it then and there. Not that Devin would have known that...

Devin had remained focused on the woman who seemed to realize what she had been doing as she and offered an apology before she introduced herself as Ellen before she got real friendly with Growlithe as she asked for its name.

"Growl?" (We get names?) The Growlithe barked with a smile as it seemed to like this stranger as Devin let out a sigh as he rubbed his head sheepishly while he worked on his own introduction.

"W-well uh, my name is Devin. And this is Growlithe. I-I just caught it on the way here so I've yet to give it a nickname." Devin explained to Ellen as he introduced himself and his Growltihe to her as she seemed to have taken a liking to it. Which Devin in truth had not been sure what to make of that.

Last edited:
To say the least, Ken was not expecting such a huge overreaction from Ellen. Seeing this, he also jumped back a bit. “Umm, are you alright Ellen? You look like you’ve seen a ghost.” He replied with an awkward smile on his face, which quickly faded after seeing Ellen’s stern look. “Oh, that’s a mean look.” Bringing his hand up, Ken scratched his head. “Alright I’m sorry for startling you.” The trainer apologized. Seeing how Ellen was behaving, Ken was expecting to get a lecture when her sudden shriek caused his eyes to widen.

Ken watched with wide eyes as Ellen leaped to her feet and ran over to a trainer to fawn over his Growlithe. “Huh wow, I didn’t expect to see Ellen this excited over something. Granted, I did only meet her yesterday.” Ken thought with a shrug. He also walked up towards the Growlithe and it’s trainer. “Wow, you really like Growlithes huh. Well I can’t blame you, they’re a favourite pick back in the Kanto Region.”

Ajax smiled and thanked Lizzy for the advice on taking care of Pyro, and the two had been on their way to the hotel he had mentioned earlier when a Tyrogue had suddenly appeared in front of them. It seemed that Lizzy was quite interested in the Pokemon and was now trying to catch it. Wanting to get as much rest as possible (due in part to the Litwick sapping his energy in moments prior), Ajax walked up to her and said, "Well, best of luck! I'm rather exhausted now, so I'll be taking my leave; you'll know where to find me though. Once you get there, make sure to book a room, and we can meet up and head out the next morning, yeah?" With that, he exited the Town Hall and made his way to the hotel nearby. After finding a room to stay in, Ajax then washed up and climbed into bed before falling asleep rather quickly, Treecko beside him.

"Well...you already know my name, and these are my Pokemon Cordelia, Nynyve and uhhh..."

Ellen paused abruptly, her voice trailing off after she'd introduced Mawile and Clamperl. Her eyes quickly flickered between Aveta and Ken. The poison pin Pokemon did belong to him after all. She had only ended up with the Nidoran after their pokeballs had been unknowingly swapped this morning. However, she'd grown rather attached to the little Nidoran, who despite their short time together, had carried Ellen through battles that risked life and limb. It would be a bit awkward for her to give back Nidoran after all they'd been through, and besides, she had already nicknamed her.

Seeing now as the best time to bring up the topic, Ellen picked up where she left off.

"I was actually about to ask Ken here if he'd mind trading Nidoran for my Rhyhorn. Would you be interested in a trade for Growlithe..?"

Two birds with one stone. As far as Ellen was concerned the best case scenario was both Nidoran and Growlithe would be by her side for the foreseeable future.

As Ellen introduced her pokemon, Ken also picked up on the same thing she did, the fact that they had each other’s pokemon after their pokeballs were switched during their collision in the morning. “Oh yeah I didn’t get to mention this yet, we should probably get that sorted as soon as possible.” But then he glanced at the Rhyhorn as a feeling of reluctance crept up. He has really enjoyed using the stone rhino and it has helped out a lot when he was in trouble, even though it wasn’t his pokemon giving it back to its rightful trainer felt like a loss to him.

He then heard Ellen’s out of nowhere suggestion. “A trade?” He said out loud as the idea came at him so suddenly. Ken rubbed his chin as he considered the offer, truth it is something that would be pretty good for him considering his current feelings.

Last edited:

sSoul

Previously Swirled
As if from nowhere, am older woman came over to admire the Growlithe that Devin had caught, to which she then introduced herself as Ellen. From there what could be assumed to be her friend came in after her, adding in a comment about their popularity in the Kanto Region.

"I have one too actually," Rowan told Ken as he took out the Puppy Pokémon's Pokéball to prove it via letting him out, "Devin and I were attacked by a pack of Growlithe, but thankfully we were able to fend them off. I'm Rowan by the way," He added the last part nonchalantly, almost as if it were supplementary information.

After being released, the Growlithe went over to Ellen who was currently taken by Devin's to sniff her to determine if she was friendly or not. The verdict was she was the former in the Growlithe's eyes, causing him to snuggle up on her leg before leaving see Astraea, Manti and most importantly at the moment, Terra. Getting his footing ready, he bolted over to the group, leaped into the sky(while still at something of a fair distance away from the three), and came back down with the apparent intention to bite the Rock Type. However, he "miscalculated" in his landing, causing him to instead roll over to the group with a dopey smile on his face.

"Grrowl!"(Ta-da!)

"Mant!"(Ahhhhh!) The Grass Type proceeded to hide behind Astraea after she felt startled by the new Pokémon's dynamic entry, much to the confusion of the Growlithe.

"Star!" (Woah! Watch out!) Astraea flinched before facing the Growlithe, trying to hide Manti at the same time.. Astraea wasn't a lot bigger than Growlithe, but they were still big enough to hide Manti behind them and pose a possible threat to the Growlithe. "Staryu?" (Are you okay Manti?) The Staryu turned its body and spun back to face the Growlithe. "Staryu. Starrrr." (That wasn't very smart of you, someone could have gotten seriously hurt by that!)

Sandra looked at the scene playing out in front of her. "Are you all okay?" She asked with concern in her voice.

Ken watched as the new face in the form of Rowan sent out his Growlithe and herd his story. “Well, it seems you made the most of that situation.” He chuckled when seeing the newly sent out Growlithe snuggled against Ellen’s legs. “Heh, he obviously likes you. Cute little guy.” He said out loud.

Ken stretched a bit before remembering something, eyes widening slightly. “Oh yeah introductions, my name’s Ken.”

Charmander moved on from Cordelia and instead is now silently glancing at the scene with Manti, Terra, Astraea and the tumbling Growlithe.

Devin blinked in confusion over this. Trade his Growlithe? But he just caught it why would he trade it right away? Granted Devin was familiar that trading was common among some types of trainers and it was considered a way to branch out and give new experiences to each other and Pokemon. But for Devin, Growltihe was his first proper catch and if he had given it up well he'd consider it a failure on his own ability as a trainer and he had not even gotten the chance to prove he was capable or not.

Terra almost seemed to urge to take the trade in silence, though Devin quickly shook his head no.

"S-sorry uh, but I first want to see if me and my Growlithe click before I make that decision. So I cannot say yes at this time." Devin replied honestly to Ellen as Growlithe lolled its tongue out and smiled almost oblivious to its status as a trade item of value.

A second Growlithe of Rowan's then came and sniffed at his, which caused Devin's to return the gesture in kind before it moved by Terra's group as she eyed the Growlithe aggressively and moved to "protect" Manti.

Last edited:
"That's...unfortunate..."

Although her excitement had dipped considerably, she perked back up with the appearance of a second Growlithe. Between the antics of Devin's Growlithe who lolled it tongue out rather adorably and Rowan's Growlithe who'd fumbled itself into a heap of hyperactivity, Ellen was eager to have her own little orange bundle of joy. And on the matter of new Pokemon, Ellen curiously began to scan the group's Pokemon with her Poketch, being quite unfamiliar with many of them.

First, of course, was Growlithe.

『Growlithe — The Puppy Pokemon 』

『Growlithe is a friendly and loyal Pokémon that will fearlessly defend its Trainer and territory from harm, even against larger, stronger enemies. In particular, it has been known to fight with Rockruff over territory. It will fiercely bark at, bite, and chase away any perceived threat. Otherwise, this obedient Pokémon will wait motionlessly until given an order.』
She swooned at the Pokemon's description, loyal and fearless, it was so perfect~

Next up...that other cute puppy.
『Rockruff — The Puppy Pokemon』

『This Pokémon is very sociable and will greet others by rubbing them with the rocks around its neck. As it ages, Rockruff becomes wilder. Once it is close to evolving, it will begin to howl when the sun goes down. It has been said to leave its Trainer's side and return once it has evolved. A persistent Pokémon, it will keep going until it outlasts foes that are even more powerful. It has been known to fight with Growlithe over territory.』
Judging from its fierce defense of friends, the Pokedex was quite accurate. Speaking of those friends...
『Fomantis — The Sickle Grass Pokemon』

『In order to achieve evolution, Fomantis stores up energy gathered by photosynthesis. It is nocturnal, so during the day, it spreads its leaves wide to catch the sunlight. During the night, it spends its time searching for a new spot to sleep for the next day. It will not stay in the same spot for more than a day due to the danger involved.
Cutiefly often gather near the tall grass where Fomantis are hiding.』
『Staryu — The Star Shape Pokemon』

『If any of Staryu's appendages are lost or eaten by predators like Lumineon, it is unharmed and can grow them back with ease provided the core is still intact. When the sun goes down, the core glows its brightest. Many Staryu will float from the seafloor to the surface and align themselves with stars of the night sky as their core flickers, displaying a connection with the celestial bodies of space.』
They were all such interesting Pokemon! The Staryu was particularly interesting given its hyper-speed regenerative capabilities. Ellen had never quite heard of a Pokemon like that.

Last but not least...
Charmander — The Lizard Pokemon』

『The flame can be used as an indication of Charmander's health and mood, burning brightly when the Pokémon is strong, weakly when it is exhausted, wavering when it is happy, and blazing when it is enraged. It is said that Charmander dies if its flame goes out. However, if the Pokémon is healthy, the flame will continue to burn even if it gets a bit wet and is said to steam in the rain.』

Looks like Ken hadn't been idly for the day, and another Pokemon had been added to his team.

Ken has been looking around at the antics of Rowan’s Growlithe and the cute little look of Devin’s Growlithe with a chuckled. He then noticed Ellen doing something that sparked something in his mind. “Oh right! The pokedex, I haven’t been using it that much.” He realized. Pulling out his Pokegear, Ken accessed the pokedex function. “With a new region like this, there’s no telling how much new information their pokedex can offer.

Ken’s eyes then lit up with wonder as he read though some of the never before seen entries of both the pokemon he recognized and those he didn’t. His eyes then dropped after getting to a certain section of Growlithe and Rockruff’s entries. He looked towards Devin. “Umm, Devin right? Is that Rockruff your pokemon or is it one of your companion’s? Because if it’s yours, you should know that Growlithe and Rockruff are apparently known to fight over territory.” He informed the other trainer, not knowing whether he knew already or not.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Being prompted by Sandra going over to check on her Staryu, he felt obligated to do the same. He felt bad about having to leave Ken in the middle of the conversation, but it was nessesary that he had to teach his new Growlithe some discipline.

"My apologies everyone, let me take care of this," As he said this, he snuck behind Astraea and Terra to soothe Mantì, "It'll be alright...its gonna be fine..."
Fourtunately, the Grass type was able to calm down. Now all that was left was to take care of the Fire type. He picked him up and took him aside from the group.

"Alright look...uhh...K18, I get that youre new around here but you cant go around attacking people, now go apologize to Mantì please," The newly named Growlithe nodded as he walked over to apologize to the Grass Type, but he felt intimidated by Terra's guard-dog stance.

"Growlithe...grrowll..."(I'm sorry, I didnt mean to scare you Mantì...I was just having a little fun...) Fourtunately for K18, Mantì was never known for holding grudges.

"Fo...mantis,"(It's alright, I was more startled really.) As she said what Rowan could only discern as Pokèspeak, she had directly approached K18 to pat him on the head with one of her little appendages, much to the now pleasant confusion of the recipient.

Last edited:
Sandra checked up on Astraea, who seemed to be unhurt. "Phew, that is a relief." She sighed as she patted the top-most appendge of the Staryu. "What's with that Growlithe though? I thought that they were pretty serious, yet this one seems more childish than anything else." She wondered as she took out her Pokédex. There was not a single mention of it being childish or playful, the entries just go on about its bravery and loyalty. The last couple of entries were a bit worrying though, as apparently Growlithe compete with Rockruff in the wild. She'd have to tell Devin and Rowan about that. With almost no other options available, Sandra settled on the idea that the Growlithe was just younger than most. Or maybe this Growlithe just had a lot of energy after getting healed. It didn't really matter though, since no one was hurt by it. "Rowan? A bit of advice, according to the Pokédex Growlithe and Rockruff squabble over territory. Might want to keep that in mind when Terra is out of her ball."

Astraea wasn't as concerned as their trainer about the budding rivalry, mostly because both species of Pokémon were new to him. As Mantì went over to pat K18 on its head, they assumed that whatever tension there was in the group had been dissolved by now.

"Y-yeah..." Devin said with a quiet tone, seemed this girl loved Growlithe with the way she almost fangirled over both his and Rowan's which had gone and caused a bit of innocent chaos of its own. Though as Ellen recorded data for her Pokedex Devin realized he ought to do the same as he gently placed his Growlithe down as he took out his own Pokedex to scan the other trainer's Pokemon. First and foremost was the curious Pokemon that seemed to have an enlarged second head ridding the back of its main one.

"Mawile, the Deceiver Pokemon. Mawile's huge jaws are actually steel horns that have been transformed. Its docile-looking face serves to lull its foe into letting down its guard. When the foe least expects it, Mawile chomps it with its gaping jaws."
Devin then turned quickly as he avoided thinking of that scenario as, curiously, he saw what seemed to be a fish-like Pokemon in a shell he guessed also belonged to Ellen.

"Clamperl, the Bivalve Pokemon. Clamperl's sturdy shell is not only good for protection...it is also used for clamping and catching prey. A fully grown Clamperl's shell will be scored with nicks and scratches all over."
Devin then turned to the blue colored Pokemon with a little horn of Ellen's presumed possession.

"Nidoran, the Poison Pin Pokemon. Nidoran has barbs that secrete a powerful poison. They are thought to have developed as protection for this small-bodied Pokémon. When enraged, it releases a horrible toxin from its horn."
Devin then turned to see what seemed to be a Pokemon with a skull face sleeping inside Ellen's bag.

"Cubone, the Lonely Pokemon. The skull it wears on its head is that of its dead mother. According to some, it will evolve when it comes to terms with the pain of her death."
Devin frowned at that, but rested in knowledge that it seemed to be in good hands with its current trainer. Devin then shifted to Ellen's friend and moved to scan his Pokemon. First he began with what seemed to be a small blue turtle.

"Squirtle, the Turtle Pokemon. Squirtle's shell is not merely used for protection. The shell's rounded shape and the grooves on its surface help minimize resistance in water, enabling this Pokémon to swim at high speeds."
Devin then shifted to what he guessed was some sort of bizarre ant eater or some odd yellow-colored creature.

"Drowzee, the Hypnosis Pokemon. Puts enemies to sleep, then eats their dreams. Occasionally gets sick from eating only bad dreams."
Devin blinked at that, before he quickly tried to ignore the mental image as he moved to scan the large mammoth-sized Pokemon with a horn.

"Rhyhorn, the Spikes Pokemon. A Pokémon with a one-track mind. Once it charges, it won't stop running until it falls asleep."
Devin then turned to the last Pokemon present, which seem to be a small red dinosaur-like creature with a tail that was on fire.

"Charmander, the Lizard Pokemon. The flame that burns at the tip of its tail is an indication of its emotions. The flame wavers when Charmander is enjoying itself. If the Pokémon becomes enraged, the flame burns fiercely."
"Wow..." Devin said to himself impressed with the Pokemon both these trainers had, unaware that his own Growlithe had wandered off to go by Terra's group once more. The Rockruff herself had eyed Rowan's Growlithe nicknamed now K18 as she remained uneasy even as the tension faded. Still, even with her bias she figured it was only fair to try and give a warm welcome to the new member of the group.

"Ruff. Roc...!" (H-hello there. My name is....gah!) Terra felt something shove her as she tried to give her introduction before she felt Devin's Growlithe bump into her as it joined the group; its big grin and lolled tongue panted happily as Terra shot a side glare towards it as the new arrival decided to interject.

"Growl? Lithe!" (Oh hello there, so you got a nickname? I wonder if I will have one...either way I'm very happy to meet you all!) The Growlithe barked friendly enough as Terra stood back on all fours and sat with a scowl but said nothing more.

Devin in turn walked by Ken as he felt he should properly introduce himself to Ellen's friend. Even if he had been a bit meekish on his visible approach. "H-hello there uh, my name is Devin. A pleasure. And uh you mentioned Growlithe & Rockruffs? Think that will remain an issue?"

Last edited:
“Trapinch are a very durable species. Don’t doubt Rigel.” Levi noted while climbing to his feet, gently rubbing the fresh cuts along his palms.

“We should probably keep moving throughout the rest of the day. If the police are persistent enough to check each and every building, they must really be hoping we’ve got some form of intel on that Venomoth user.” The chestnut haired boy returned his partner to his pokeball, before cautiously testing the roof’s exit.

“The door is locked. We’ll have to find another way down.”

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
At Levi’s comment about trapinch’s durability, Newt’s lip curved slightly upwards, if only a tinge amused by it.

“Ahumph.” He made the smallest and quietest of chuckles.

There was the situation of being high up on the building...something that was normally hard to overlook, but seeing how crazy their day had been, it had been only a footnote. As Levi tried to find another way down outside the locked door, Dunsparce was already on grabbing Newt by the hood. Newt just stepped off the building’s roof, allowing Dunsparce to ease him down.

He landed on the ground with a long exhale, getting his composure back from the tumble in from the cops. Newt then looked up toward Levi.

“...And you?”

Levi was initially just going to ask for Dunsparce to give him a lift as well, but after hearing Newt’s comment upon landing, he took this as a challenge.

“Me?” He said quietly, wading around the edge of the building until he was out of Newt’s site.

CRASH!~

A quick yet loud thump could be heard around the corner of the building, followed by Levi stumbling back into site, now on the ground.

“Easy as pie.” The older boy stated confidently, whilst flicking a rotten banana peel off of his shoulder.

“Perhaps diving into the garbage bin was a touch less elegant than gliding, but I’ll be damned if I’m gonna let him outplay me.”

The scene was as graceful as a car wreck, Levi slamming into a garbage bin and tumbling to the ground. Newt jumped at the sudden crashing sound as several empty bottles tumbled out of the bin as Levi emerged from it. Newt’s eye twitched slightly.

“How...charming...”

He shook off this *incident* an decided to focus on the matter at hand. Police. He cleared his throat, looking side to side before approaching Levi.

“So we need a place to lay low, wasnt there a place you said you had to go in this city? A work out place or something?”

Levi was perplexed by Newt’s question, not quite sure what he was referring to at first.

“Ooooh! You mean the Gym! Hehe. It’s not really a place to work out. Gyms are run by Gym Leaders you see. They’re advanced Pokémon trainers you can battle to earn badges. Earn eight badges, and you can participate in the Pokémon league.” After straightening his backpack and dusting off his clothes, Levi peaked around the corner of the ally, seeing no sign of police.

“We can go to the gym. I’d like you to challenge the leader as well.”

While Devin moved to converse with her companion, Ken, Ellen figured she'd do the same. Her attention turned, redirected towards Rowan, who's name she'd already picked up earlier, and Sandra, a yet unfamiliar face. Walking over to the duo, she once again introduced.

"Hello there, I'm Elle—" CRASH!~

Only to be interrupted by a clamorous racket. The sudden sound had spoked her, and she'd involuntarily turned to face the direction of its origin. The source, as far as she could tell, lay beyond the walls of the Pokemon Center. But, recent incidents had left the girl...less than adventurous. She would've been perfectly willing to ignore the sound had she not caught sigh of Cordelia bounding out the door in a fit of focused fury. Without another moment's hesitation, Ellen took chase.

The Mawile rushed through the Pokecenter's automatic doors, banking hard as it whirled around a corner and then another. There its steely eyes could see their
targets, and it's iron horns could come to a head.

"Mawile!" (Traitors!)

Cordelia gave the duo (quartet if their pokemon were included) a venomous snarl.

"Cordelia, what's gotten into...oh...um...hello again..?"

Rounding the corner behind her Pokemon Ellen came face to face with the people she least wanted to meet. Well, the second least. The person she least wanted to meet right now was Zoom Zoom.

“Yeah I did say I’d try it out, didn’t I?”

He wasn’t exactly super excited to try fighting with his partner. Reflecting on the Steelix example earlier, or worse...a WAILORD. There was no guarantee to Dunsparce surviving the battles. If things got too hairy though, he could always return Dunsparce and break for the hills. With that thought in mind, he hesitantly nodded.

This is when a voice was heard behind him. A female voice. He flipped around to see a rather agitated looking mawhile and a familiar trainer. The same trainer Levi had done battle with.

“Oh....you.”

Levi took a step back as Mawhile charged him head on, grabbing Rigel’s pokeball on instinct.

“What’s your prob-oh.” The boys question was soon answered as Ellen, the girl he’d battled before the...incident, came round the corner as well.

“Ah. Good to see you made it out. That was crazy, wasn’t it? You alright?”

Hearing Devin's question, Ken pondered for a bit. "Hmm, I'm not sure. I've never worked with a Rockruff before so I don't know if this natural behavior it has against Growlithe will just go away with time or not." Ken explained. "Well, the only way to know for sure is with some field tests." Ken continued with a shrug.

Suddenly, a loud crash could be heard from the side of the poke center. "What was that?" Ken mumbled to himself as he noticed Ellen running out with her Mawile in the lead.

Ellen winced slightly at Newt's response but didn't really blame him. A crisis of life or death hadn't changed him in the slightest...was that a good thing?

She gave the moody little child a side-eye, it's not like she'd been expecting a warm reception form him anyway. She ignored Newt, instead choosing to focus on Levi who was a little more amicable.

"Uh ye... it was. And I'm alright."

As alright as she was gonna be anyway. This conversation was...far more awkward than she'd ever imagined it being...

Unlike her trainer though, Cordelia had a bit more of a bone to pick with the two. The Mawile shouted at them once more, snapping its steel-jaws aggressively to punctuate its point.

Ellen simply watched rather passively as it all went down.

For a moment Cordelia seemed at a loss, its face rapidly shifting between anger and frustration. It couldn't understand the reaction of these two, or lack thereof. To the still Naive deceiver Pokemon, it was only natural that the two should apologize, or at least show some remorse. They were clearly in the wrong, so why didn't they admit it?

Ellen smiled wrily but skirted around the issue. She idly adjusted her glasses before she opened her mouth...

"So...um, the Police wanted to see you..."

Not exactly a master of social interaction Ellen spat out the first thing that came to mind.

“Yeah, I know. We’ve been trying to avoid them.” Levi wanted to further his explanation, but he also didn’t want Newt to hear.

Cautiously, the boy approached Ellen, allowing Mawhile to keep a clear view of his hands. The small fairy pokemon felt threatened or....something, and he didn’t want it to be more agitated than it already was.

“Look...you’ve seen how....unfriendly Newt can be towards new people. If we stopped to talk with the cops, I’m worried he’d only make the situation worse by angering them.”

"Of course..."

Shifting her eyes back to Newt, the boy seemed...volatile, and that was without Police intervention.

"So I suppose you two are on the run then..?"

Truthfully it was none of her business, but she was a bit curious as to what they'd been doing since she last saw them. She was sure they wouldn't just have shrugged off the carnage they'd experienced not too long ago. But there were other things that nagged at the Sinnoh born trainer as well. She looked shifty-eyed between the two boys and awaited her answer.