• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Following the path to become a Pokemon master

@Kingzane14, How could you have read the rules that took me about an hour to thoroughly read through in less then a minute. No offense, but how could you have done that. Also if you did then you would knot that this site is like school and there are rules on how you are supposed to write your posts for any RP that you join. Can you tell how your post are supposed to be writen in an RP setting? Also did you not click the link that I sent you.

Go to this link if you want to read the rules.
https://pokecharms.com/threads/pokemon-role-play-rules.9451/

Trojinta

Previously Adelynn Yew
I'm down to join- I'm completely new to pokecharm, but I have RP experience elsewhere (Naruto RP, Harry potter RP, etc.) so I'll hope you have me.

Adelynn here is just starting her journey, albeit at a bit older than most. Her pokemon belonged to her parents, so they're a tad stronger than a fresh starter...if they listen to her....and Adelynn knows what she's doing....She doesn't know at all.

Trainer Class: Trainer (New), Breeder (minor skill)
768230_trainercard-Adelynn_Yew.png

Name: Adelynn Yew
Hometown: Battle Area resorts in Sinnoh, but spent most of her childhood traveling.
Height: 150 cm
Weight: 11 stone
Hair: brown
Eyes: Hazel
Clothing:
Adelynn wears clothes from all over the world in a mess of unmatching apparel. She wears a light pink cap from Kanto, with her ponytail poking out of a hole in the back. She wears a small grey Sinnoh-style six-button wool coat, with a long matching scarf that has been lined with pins from various places including Alola, Sinnoh, Unova, and Hoenn. She wears thick, warm jeans. Her entire outfit is swapped for a random cute t-shirt, and a beige knee-length skirt when she goes to hotter places.

Identifying Marks: A large burn scar from the back of her neck all the way down her back, and to her thighs, caused by an accident as a child.

Musculature: Lean, and not very strong. She can barely manage to pitch a tent without getting tired.

Personality:
Snappy, quick to anger, prideful, and headstrong. Dislikes being wrong, and will actively strive to right her own mistakes just to prove her own personal worth. Overall a very unlikable person. She does, however, treat pokemon in a whole new light. To pokemon, and pokemon breeders, she's sweet, kind, patient, and accepting. This is mainly due to the reason that she's only known snobby high-class individuals her whole life, only interacting positively to pokemon.

Skills:
A natural talent (but far from perfect) at Pokemon raising, and breeding due to her childhood.
With enough time, Adelynn can determine a pokemon's natural potential...but only about 20% as accurate, and effective as a trained expert.
Past:
Born in a family of renown pokemon breeders, Adelynn spent her childhood traveling with her aunt, uncle, mother, and father all over the globe to gather rare pokemon, or meet with certain individuals to match pokemon together. Her parents specialized in show-pokemon, breeding and training pokemon to be absolute show stoppers on stage and winning multiple high-end pokemon fashion shows. Her mother, Alexa Yew, had an eevee with an extremely rare snow white coat that made it nearly one of a kind. "Shiny", they would call it. On the other end, her uncle an aunt specialized in breeding pokemon for battle, being sure to put their pokemon's priorities into having them become top-notch battling machines. Their prized pokemon comes from several long lines of powerful pokemon. A riolu that commonly wears a tiny silver necklace that once belonged to it's great-great-great grandfather's trainer, and has been a symbol of it's line since. On it's face is a small scar over its left eye from a staraptor attack.

Years passed, and in time Adelynn had grown tired of playing with all the newborn pokemon at home, and learning proper grooming technique. She yearned to travel the world on foot, and meet pokemon of all kinds! After bringing this desire to her family, they agreed to let her go. As a parting gift, she was given both her mother's Eevee, and her uncle's Riolu.

She starts her journey on a boat, not knowing where she wants to stop. There IS a whole region to explore, after all...
Family:
Her mother, Alexa, is a renown pokemon breeder, and groomer. Her pokemon commonly make the top of the fashion world, and take the stage by storm.

Her father, Albert Yew, studies pokemon with special forms, and is partnered with Alexa. He usually takes care of raising the pokemon, with help.

Her Uncle, Hurbert Yew, managed to satisfy his simple goal of defeating 8 gyms, and settled down with his wife. With his brother Albert picking up pokemon breeding and raising with Alexa, Hurbert did the same. The difference here was that while Alexa aimed for peak beauty, and glamour in her pokemon Hurbert aimed to raise pokemon to be the strongest they can be. He has a close bond with his Riolu, and trusts it to keep Adelynn Safe.

Her Aunt, Emerela Yew, is childhood friends with Alexa (And hooked her up with Albert way back in the day). She isn't as intent on her work as the rest of the family, so she spent more time caring for Adelynn, and becoming much closer to her than the rest of her family.

Overall Adelynn doesn't hold much (if any) angst towards her busy family, as they made sure to at least spend one day out of the week with her...usually. She wishes to become a powerful trainer like her uncle, before deciding on if she wishes to continue the family name.

Love Relationships?: None, and not much interest in them outside of a handful of "celebrity crushes".
Pokemon
"Periwinkle" the Eevee
Form: Shiny
rough level estimate- lvl 14 (I'm aware that levels aren't enforced here. This is just here for a general idea.)
Ability: Anticipation
moves: Tackle, Baby doll eyes, Sand attack(refuses to use), bite, Yawn
Appearance: Imagine a spool of flawless silk, a silver statue, and an eevee fused together in a vat of sugar, and that's what Periwinkle is. His beautiful pelt is colored silver, unlike the usual Eevee, and it's unbelievably soft and bouncy to the touch. He keeps his head high in pride, and keeps his fur meticulously clean.

personality: Extremely posh, spoiled, and meticulous. Everything about itself needs to be perfect, and it will even go as far as to run away from fights to clean itself when dirty, or dry itself when wet. (Adelynn doesn't let it fight ground-types, or water types for this very reason.)

But at it's core, it's a loving pokemon who values Adelynn's well being above all else. It's just....not used to battling just yet.

He loves being a lap pokemon, though.

"Ori", the Riolu
form: Normal
Rough level estimate: lvl9
Ability: Inner Focus
Moves: High Jump Kick, Laser focus, Agility, Ice Punch (All moves are egg moves, or tutored directly after Ori's birth)

Appearance: A typical Riolu, aside from two defining traits. His tiny silver chain necklace with a hallow pendant once owned by it's ancestor pokemon, and a noticeably large claw scar over his left eye, caused when a Staraptor invaded the family poke-nursery.

personality: Brave, obedient, and responsive. Ori was trained since he hatched to become a powerful pokemon, but seems to be lacking in personal drive. He doesn't enjoy fighting when he gets tired, and can throw his obedient nature out the window if he lacks trust in his trainer. Spoiler alert, he doesn't trust Adelynn.

A brief note: Due to his eye injury, Ori has a habit of keeping it closed when stressed. This makes landing High Jump Kick nearly impossible, but that doesn't stop him from trying- and hurting himself.

note: if I missed any rules, please PM me. I'm open to edit anything, or go through proper processes that I may have missed when reading the rules.

Last edited:
I do not mind taking it with Phoenix, though they might not get much use. Turtwig has never really been my favorite Sinnoh starter. Funny enough, Piplup was the starter I went for in the games. Also some of Phoenix's other pokemon would be making an appearance here and their. I might give him an Alolan vulpix as well on the team that he has with him.

Actually @YG R9, I have a better idea for that if you want to have Turtwig later on. Why not have them form a bond and Phoenix would be happy to let Turtwig go with your character.

Oh, before I join, I want to make clear that I do have a life (literally taking care of two lives) and I won't be on every day or even every minute to make a post. That doesn't mean I haven't abandoned it. I treat this forum like a forum, where I don't have to make a post every few seconds instead of treating it like a chat site where you have to have immediate responses. Just to let you guys know that I will not be as active as others here (which is the main reason why I'm going to be a rival with limited showtime). If it is my turn to post a reply, please wait for me to get on and make my post.

This is the only requirement that I shall ask of you guys: make it so I don't have to be on here 24/7 to have fun and feel like I'm a part of something. I have this happen where I have been in an action sequence and I can only get one post up when everybody else got off 5 posts each and I was left in the dust. By the time I got back, they had already finished the encounter.

Jayblade

Previously AceTrainerGold
Oh, before I join, I want to make clear that I do have a life (literally taking care of two lives) and I won't be on every day or even every minute to make a post. That doesn't mean I haven't abandoned it. I treat this forum like a forum, where I don't have to make a post every few seconds instead of treating it like a chat site where you have to have immediate responses. Just to let you guys know that I will not be as active as others here (which is the main reason why I'm going to be a rival with limited showtime). If it is my turn to post a reply, please wait for me to get on and make my post.

This is the only requirement that I shall ask of you guys: make it so I don't have to be on here 24/7 to have fun and feel like I'm a part of something. I have this happen where I have been in an action sequence and I can only get one post up when everybody else got off 5 posts each and I was left in the dust. By the time I got back, they had already finished the encounter.
That is fine and very understandable (i’m guessing you have kids.) And it’s actually a smart decision that you chose to make your character like that.