• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Following the path to become a Pokemon master

Yes, my newborn who is now a week old is the one life I'm taking care of. I also need to take care of myself. XD so that's a second life. But anyway, I'll throw up a character in a jiffy. Thank you so much for understanding and sorry if my last post sounded rude or off-putting. It's been a long day. XD

Jayblade

Previously AceTrainerGold
Yes, my newborn who is now a week old is the one life I'm taking care of. I also need to take care of myself. XD so that's a second life. But anyway, I'll throw up a character in a jiffy. Thank you so much for understanding and sorry if my last post sounded rude or off-putting. It's been a long day. XD
Wasn’t rude at all I can totally understand, even though I’m too young to relate

Name: Fuji Tanaka
Physical appearance: He has short black hair and has black eyes and pale skin. He occasionally wears yellow eye contact lenses, but he makes sure not to leave them in for too long. He is 5'03" (160 cm) and weighs 125 lbs (56.7 kg). He has some tone to him, but that doesn't exactly show his physical strength, as he doesn't do much to strengthen himself.
Personality: A jolly charmer he is, he likes to make jokes and play around with others. He is quite the energetic and outgoing lad, sometimes going so far as to humiliate himself and others. Of course, that is only half the time. The other half, he can be kind of moody and cynical, making dark jokes and not caring - a complete 180 from his other side. This is just due to puberty and the moodiness will subside in a few years. He can change between these two moods from something either good or bad happening to him. During battle, he can either be battling in a goofy kind of way or in a more brutal way. Due to his very informative upbringing about Pokemon, he can sometimes poke fun at people who don't know enough about them, with the "fun" ranging between him apologizing afterwards to being super cruel about it.
Clothing: He wears black shirt and black jeans with yellow stripes running down each side of his apparel. He wears black biker gloves and combat boots. He also has a yellow backpack with a black lightning bolt motif.
Hometown\City: Jubilife City
Trainer class: Pokemon Trainer (wants to be an Electric- and Dark-Type Trainer)
Pokemon:
  • Species: Shinx
  • Nickname: Lux
  • Ability: Rivalry - Increases damage dealt towards males and decreases damage dealt towards females.
  • Personality: He is quite the sweet talker towards female Pokemon, and he likes to size up male Pokemon and fight them and he likes to show off if there is a female Pokemon he is particularly smitten with... Which it might as well be all of them.
  • Special Features: He is 2'05" (73.7 cm) instead of the usual 1'08" (50.8 cm).
Other details: He is bi. He also knows a lot about Pokemon due to his upbringing.

Last edited:

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Here you go. Sorry, I got caught up in playing Shield and lost track of time. xD

Name: Alison "Allie" Silverstone
Physical appearance: Standing at a height of 5'6, Allie has long blue hair and brown eyes. She has no defining marks, a slim stature, and pale-caucasian skin.
Personality: Bright, bubbly, and filled to the brim with charisma. She's filled with an unmatchable determination and a spirit that can't be contained. She could either be seen as "eager" or "hyper", depending on who you talk to. She's always willing to rise up to a challenge - but she often gets herself into rough situations because of it.
Clothing: TBD
Hometown\City: Lumiose City, Kalos
Trainer class: Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon:
Eve the Eevee (F)
Moon the Ralts (F)
Other details:
- She is apiphobic (terrified of all bee-like Pokemon except for Combee).
- Her sister is the celebrity Talia Silverstone, music artist and performer.

Uhh, this is a forum. These are not chat sites where responses are immediate. In a forum, responses should never be immediate because it plays to the availability of everyone involved. Meaning that the creator of the RP still reigns supreme and will come back tomorrow to post on your ability to RP or not.

Jayblade

Would you guys say we should follow the rules of the games only really being able to catch bidoof, starly etc. on the first route? Or should we be able to catch other things as long as they’re still not that strong.

Well, that just depends. If we go by the games, things can be kind of consistent. If we don't, we can either go about it by ear or make a table of what can be caught or not. Regardless, people will ask if they can have a certain Pokemon appear.

Also, am I accepted? I don't believe you said so yet. XD

Jayblade

@YG R9 i don’t mean to come off as critical but I think James catching the abandoned Eevee would’ve worked better as a slower progression through a few posts, maybe it could follow James for a bit and then he decides to catch it, that’s just my opinion tho, I just thought it went too fast.

Jayblade

I want Ryu’s first catch to be a Croagunk, I’ll probably have one follow him around for a bit until he decides to catch it. One thing I’m unsure of tho is when I want Chimchar to evolve, I feel like in terms of role playing the first gym feels too early. Obviously in the games that’s when it’d evolve but still feels too early.

We don't have to go by the games. It's actually preferred that we don't, and our Pokemon can evolve with enough experience and/or during a time of stress that tests their limits and forces them to evolve to accommodate. And Roark has a Geodude and a Cranidos.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
It's awesome so far! Probably my favourite yet (I just beat the first gym, it was actually a bit tricky). Then again, I've only played the more recent games so I don't have much to compare it to. xD
The graphics are great, my only complaint is some occasional frame-rate drops. That might be my Switch though.