• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Following the path to become a Pokemon master

Jayblade

Previously AceTrainerGold
Rules:
No Mary Sues
No godmoding
No autoing
No double-posting
No mega evolutions
No legendaries

Have fun!

The Sinnoh region is home to many unique Pokemon of all shapes and sizes, strengths and weaknesses. It’s also home to the many young trainers who will be setting out on their Pokemon journey on this very day. They will be following the path set for them by the trainers before them, on the way to win the Pokemon league and face the champion.

Bio template:
Name:
Physical appearance:
Personality:
Clothing:
Hometown\City:
Trainer class:
Pokemon: (If you’re a new trainer leave it blank as you’ll receive you starting during the rp)
Other details:

My character:
Name: Ryu Kanata
Physical appearance: Identical to Gold from the Pokemon Adventures manga, except he has much darker eyes and is taller standing at around 5’8.
Personality: Confident in his battling ability, a lot of the time coming off as arrogant and cocky. He treats his Pokemon with respect and care.
Clothing: Wears a red and black puffer jacket along with a black cap with a red streak going through the middle. He wears black joggers with white and black trainers.
Hometown\City: Twinleaf town.
Trainer class: Pokemon trainer (new).
Pokemon: About to receive his starter.
Other details: Lives with his mom and his older brother Kenji.

Last edited:
Here is my character. I thought it might be fun to have them be a breeder instead of a trainer. I thought it might be fun to have them be a guide to the newer trainers.

Name: Phoenix Blackwell
Physical appearance: Phoenix has very pale skin which contrasts with his black hair. He has a slim build that has a bit of tone to it. Phoenix stands around 5'8 and looks like he does not have much muscle on him at all. His eyes are an icey blue that look broody, and are surrounded by long black lashes. On his right arm he has muted colored tattoos that are of different colored roses and vines. It goes from below his wrist to up his arm, and partly on his pec and neck. Around his belly button he has a black abstract sun tattoo. Phoenix also has a few piercings, gauges in his ears, a nose ring, and a lip ring. The gauges are round and small, they seemed to be made of rose gold with a dark purple crystal in the center. He also has painted his finger nails black.
Personality: Phoenix is kind, and really cares for others. He tends to be a mothering influence on his friends, though no one would call him a female. His pokemon are some of his best friends. He takes pride in the way he has raised them. Phoenix is a big fan of music and tends to listen and play it most of the time. He also loves to paint and draw.
Clothing: He tends to wear band tees. Most of them of rock bands, and a few have a couple of rips here and there. Black form fitting skinny jeans are his go to pair of pants. They do have a some rips on the knees. For shoes he wears dark purple converse or his favorite pair of combat boots. When it is cold out he wears a leather jacket.
Hometown\City: Lavender town, Kanto
Trainer class: Breeder, Trainer (Mainly for protecting others.)
Pokemon: Umbre (Umbreon, Female), Litten (Female), (he does have a few others, bur they are back in Lavender town with his family.)
Other details: His family runs a few breeding centers in almost every region. Phoenix hopes to take over one of them when he becomes a full breeder. He is really good at singing and playing a couple of instruments. He tends to bring his violin with him when he is traveling anywhere.

Last edited:
Alrighty! Here's what I got!
Bio template:
Name: Jim Krool
Physical appearance: He is a rather tall boy, wears tan cargo pants all the time. He has jagged black hair and piercing green eyes.
Personality: He is a rather friendly person, but gets serious with battling. There is a big difference in battling and out of battling. He is very competitive.
Clothing: Cargo pants, black leather jackets, and cowboy boots with tassels
Hometown\City: Jim doesn't know where he was born, but he does have a very strong Australian accent, so he thinks that he could have ben raised somewhere on an island, he thinks it might be Alola.
Trainer class: Battler, trainer. He wants to be the very best.
Pokemon: Jim has a Krokrock and a Pangoro. He rarely uses Pangoro because when he does fight, it's usually against trainers. He does use Pangoro against Gym leaders though.
Other details: Jim has a lot of experience with Pokemon, but also enjoys helping others on their journeys.

Jayblade

Accepted! I say we start when we have around 3 or 4 more people if that’s ok with you guys. Obviously after we’ve planned things as well.
Alrighty! Here's what I got!
Bio template:
Name: Jim Krool
Physical appearance: He is a rather tall boy, wears tan cargo pants all the time. He has jagged black hair and piercing green eyes.
Personality: He is a rather friendly person, but gets serious with battling. There is a big difference in battling and out of battling. He is very competitive.
Clothing: Cargo pants, black leather jackets, and cowboy boots with tassels
Hometown\City: Jim doesn't know where he was born, but he does have a very strong Australian accent, so he thinks that he could have ben raised somewhere on an island, he thinks it might be Alola.
Trainer class: Battler, trainer. He wants to be the very best.
Pokemon: Jim has a Krokrock and a Pangoro. He rarely uses Pangoro because when he does fight, it's usually against trainers. He does use Pangoro against Gym leaders though.
Other details: Jim has a lot of experience with Pokemon, but also enjoys helping others on their journeys.

Name: Jhames
Physical appearance: Shortish height with size 4 Black shoes,Mixed race, wears a grey tracksuit , also wears a grey hat, has dark brown eyes, his right eye is a lazy eye and he has a very small nose.
Personality: Horrible and cant take defeat but if you get to know him hes a nice person and will always help you if you need it.
Hometown\City: Born in scotland but has a little hint of irish in his voice but normally he sounds scottish
Trainer class: Wants to be the best in the world and beat everyone else to the top
Pokemon: New Trainer
Other details: The reason hes so horrible is because his mother and father died when he was three and he has never gotten over it. Also when spoken to about his parents he always ignores the person talking about it.

Last edited:

Jayblade

Name: Jhames
Physical appearance: Shortish height with size 4 Black shoes,Mixed race, wears a grey tracksuit , also wears a grey hat, has dark brown eyes
Personality: idk what personality i wanna do yet if thats okay but he has a soft spot for everyone

Hometown\City: Not sure what city but i want him to be scottish.
Trainer class: Wants to be the best in the world
Pokemon: New Trainer
Other details: Not surem
There isn’t much detail here but I’ll accept you, just work on your details a bit.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Yep, I'm still interested - I'm performing on stage IRL today, so I'm super busy with that. I'll be done in the late afternoon so I'll write up my bio then. ^^

Also, a word on the character I plan on using. She does not have Mega Evolution on her own, but her older sister has an approved Mega Evolution (yes, Stellar has approved it, I can provide screenshots of the private-messages if you so desire). Is it okay if I have her mention it in passing in her backstory/in casual conversation? To clarify: the character I am using will not be mega-evolving any pokemon, but I just wanted to make sure that this is OK.

Tags: (will add more as I think of more)
@LunarSilvally

Jayblade

Yep, I'm still interested - I'm performing on stage IRL today, so I'm super busy with that. I'll be done in the late afternoon so I'll write up my bio then. ^^

Also, a word on the character I plan on using. She does not have Mega Evolution on her own, but her older sister has an approved Mega Evolution (yes, Stellar has approved it, I can provide screenshots of the private-messages if you so desire). Is it okay if I have her mention it in passing in her backstory/in casual conversation? To clarify: the character I am using will not be mega-evolving any pokemon, but I just wanted to make sure that this is OK.

Tags: (will add more as I think of more)
@LunarSilvally
That is completely fine, I don’t need any proof I believe you. Also good luck on stage.