• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

First Gen V Pokémon unveiled!

That thing totally looks like some sort of hideous stoat-bred offspring to me. The baby, not so much, it does look like a kitten* - I'll grant you that.

*or kit, whatever, baby fox.

I like it, as it's not an evolution from a current Pokemon, and it really does look cool. It's also a slightly different styled Pokemon from most of the current ones, so I hope it means that there is going to be more original Pokemon in this Gen.

Now, when I heard about Gen V I was stoked! New Pokemon Generations are always so exciting for me. New places, new items, new features, new stories to tell, and best of all--new Pokemon! Boy, though, Zoroark and Zorua look great. I was expecting it in blue for some reason, but I really like the idea of this Pokemon. A Dark-type is great, though is it confirmed as a pure Dark-type? I kinda would like a duel-type out of this Pokemon. Fire and Dark seem to be the most plausible for it.

This most definitely going to be the "Lucario", so to speak, of Gen V. At least I'm almost sure. I'm probably going to use it. It just looks too cool to not give training one a try for when the games come out.

Oh, I wanted to also agree with Doctor Oak on the Arceus thing and how everyone is saying Gen V is going to be awful because of GameFreak already making the "God" Pokemon. Just because in Sinnoh myth Arceus is thought to have created the entire Pokemon universe, doesn't mean that more Pokemon can't come into play in other myths in other regions. Truth is, if you look at the real world, there are so many different views on creation and knowledge of things out there. Many cultures do worship more then one deity. It's impossible for every person on the planet to have the same opinion. So, I think any legendary they make will be interesting to its own region, defining how the story will be set up there and how it defines itself from the other regions in viewpoint. Who knows? So many worldly topics are still out there for use. They may not even make another "deity" Pokemon as the legendary Pokemon. Most legendaries are on par with another or more anyway. We won't know until more information comes out, but for now we should just enjoy these great new scans.

Not that I'm insulting anyone or anything... >>;; I just wanted to put out my opinion since I saw a few people talking about it.

Wow, that was a much longer reply then intended. *sweatdrop*

Now that we've seen the scans, we know the identity of our mystery pokemon, and his baby brother: Zorua and Zoroark.

These are dark type fox pokemon (can hear Chibi squealing from here). Apparently, Zoroark can change form or create illusions of humans, hence the shadowy Ash named "Phantom Champion Z" that appeared in the 13th movie trailer. It's purpose or affliciation in the movie is unknown.

Change form or create illusions? Isn't that how Japanese and Chinese foxes tend to work in mythology (the malicious ones, that is)?

Either way, I want now, it'll go well with my Banette.

A humanoid Pokemon with a skinny waist who looks like it wouldn't be out of place in Digimon?

Hmm...

150Mewtwo.png

mewtwo's waist is in proportion to the rest of his body, the Z fellow's is way to skinny for his huge upper body, and mewtwo looks nothing like a digimon imo. (and neither does Zoroark since i've seen him in color)

also @ stel wasn't i saying that it looked like sonic&renimon from its silhouette? and shadow is just the black sonic so im spot-on.

Wow, I'm pleased with the look of zorua and zoroark. I still would have thought it would be part-fighting type. These two pokemon are so cool!