• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I dunno, maybe?

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
I mean she was powerful within the context of Undertale and within that world alone. She was not portrayed as this reality warping monster you did so this is till quite jarring.

Making an actual invincible villain who only loses due to a promise of a "nerf" in the future isn't very gripping drama.
I'm not nerfing her in the future.
She's just going to be in so many fights that's she's gonna start to weaken. I imagine after a fight against Kyuseishu and another against Gaster, she's gonna be extremely worn out and desperate.
And Sans is pretty powerful himself. I mean, he alone decimated Omega Flowey a multitude of times in Undertale lore, and never lost once until Frisk performed a genocide run. Even then, the canon I'm using for this Sans is that it took multiple genocide runs for Frisk to finally manage to kill Sans.

She's just going to be in so many fights that's she's gonna start to weaken. I imagine after a fight against Kyuseishu and another against Gaster, she's gonna be extremely worn out and desperate.

I mean, Kyuseishu being used as a cog in the line just to work to gradually try to "wear" Chara down isn't the greatest thing in the world either. Especially given it's a fight he'd be unable to win given the set up you have for Chara's plot.

And Sans is pretty powerful himself. I mean, he alone decimated Omega Flowey a multitude of times in Undertale lore, and never lost once until Frisk performed a genocide run. Even then, the canon I'm using for this Sans is that it took multiple genocide runs for Frisk to finally manage to kill Sans.

Being powerful and being unbeatable are two wildly different things. There are limiations within the Undertale lore (Level cap etc.) that don't carry over and Chara is not powerful but invincible. Which doesn't make for engaging fights until Sans gets the actually good one IMO. If a villain is strong, but even with that there is a way to win somehow it does make it more interesting.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
I mean, Kyuseishu being used as a cog in the line just to work to gradually try to "wear" Chara down isn't the greatest thing in the world either. Especially given it's a fight he'd be unable to win given the set up you have for Chara's plot.

Being powerful and being unbeatable are two wildly different things. There are limiations within the Undertale lore (Level cap etc.) that don't carry over and Chara is not powerful but invincible. Which doesn't make for engaging fights until Sans gets the actually good one IMO. If a villain is strong, but even with that there is a way to win somehow it does make it more interesting.

Seems like fighting chara is a determinate to everyone’s character except sans, or the person who eventually does her in. Makes it a futile fight or how I would say....boring

Seems like fighting chara is a determinate to everyone’s character except sans, or the person who eventually does her in. Makes it a futile fight or how I would say....boring

Kinda my fear, and I'd want a fight with Chara to mean something cause it could be for good character moments (Erza vs. Chara) but as it is fighting Chara is a risk with no benefit really.

comic

...how is she supposed to be invincible if she dies? kinda contradictory there.
I know what ya'll are concerned about, and I do have to state that Chara is NOT supposed to be an interesting character. She's not here to grow and develop. She's so far gone that she won't be able to change. She might have a soft spot for Flowey, but that's about it, and even that softness is very small at best.

Chara is supposed to be an overwhelming obstacle, NOT an interesting character. I don't want her to be interesting. I want you as the audience to completely HATE her, and I'm succeeding. Making a fool of Cecil, collapsing a tunnel on team Toph, killing the innocent family, all are supposed to dehumanize Chara to the point where it's impossible for any of you to connect with her in any way.
Having a character like this means I'll have a lot of characters wanting to kill her, so of course I'd give this role to an extremely powerful character.
She's an obstacle, understand that. A huge obstacle who's only current desire is to kill Zeliyis and find a way to gain more power, because her strongest trait is being a megalomaniac.
Sans isn't the "only one that can kill her". He's just going to be the one to deal the killing blow. Call it poetic justice because of her role in his own personal life. I'm going to be building a lot on the relationship between the two of them after their first encounter.

I know what ya'll are concerned about, and I do have to state that Chara is NOT supposed to be an interesting character. She's not here to grow and develop. She's so far gone that she won't be able to change. She might have a soft spot for Flowey, but that's about it, and even that softness is very small at best.

Chara is supposed to be an overwhelming obstacle, NOT an interesting character. I don't want her to be interesting. I want you as the audience to completely HATE her, and I'm succeeding. Making a fool of Cecil, collapsing a tunnel on team Toph, killing the innocent family, all are supposed to dehumanize Chara to the point where it's impossible for any of you to connect with her in any way.
Having a character like this means I'll have a lot of characters wanting to kill her, so of course I'd give this role to an extremely powerful character.
She's an obstacle, understand that. A huge obstacle who's only current desire is to kill Zeliyis and find a way to gain more power, because her strongest trait is being a megalomaniac.
Sans isn't the "only one that can kill her". He's just going to be the one to deal the killing blow. Call it poetic justice because of her role in his own personal life. I'm going to be building a lot on the relationship between the two of them after their first encounter.

I feel like this could potentially turn into something like that scene in Airplane with the panicked passenger. Only instead of practically everyone getting in line to shake then slap a panicked passenger, their getting in line to fight a psychopath.

I mean, it is not about her being an interesting character or not. How other characters interact off her, and possibly interesting engagements (Erza vs. Chara: Familities not their own they accepted or rejected) or Kyuseishu (Symbol of light vs. a monster of sin) being well not as interesting because Chara is an invincible brick wall till you say otherwise.

I don't hate Chara for any of that. Kyuseishu has done far shitter things as a person and he is not gonna be presented as this white knight despite his boasts. It's not about Sans being the only one to kill her (I think Frisk would work better here but it is your decision) but the only one allowed to fight her to actually have it a fight that has meaning.

On a different note, I made some artwork for Pipotron Krack

D23BFE99-1842-472B-8C63-4261667627A1.jpeg

comic

I mean, it is not about her being an interesting character or not. How other characters interact off her, and possibly interesting engagements (Erza vs. Chara: Familities not their own they accepted or rejected) or Kyuseishu (Symbol of light vs. a monster of sin) being well not as interesting because Chara is an invincible brick wall till you say otherwise.

I don't hate Chara for any of that. Kyuseishu has done far shitter things as a person and he is not gonna be presented as this white knight despite his boasts. It's not about Sans being the only one to kill her (I think Frisk would work better here but it is your decision) but the only one allowed to fight her to actually have it a fight that has meaning.
Well, I can assure you that 1v1 fights against Chara are gonna be nearly pointless. Group fights against Chara will be far more effective. Both she and Sans won't be very effective when facing more than one opponent. The reason Chara was able to handle team Toph as well as she did was mostly because of Spidey not doing anything, Logan being too injured to fight at the time, and Flowey's basic support. That was uh... Team Toph was seriously unprepared for a Chara encounter. Luckily for them, Chara wasn't actually interested in killing anyone, just in seeing Toph's potential to "recruit" her against Zeliyis. Chara's plan will never come to fruition, however, as she will be killed before then.

As for Frisk and Chara... I really don't want them to interact very much. If I'm lucky, they'll never interact at all. I know that seems weird, but Chara would be able to possess Frisk through their shared determination ability, and I don't want two Chara's running around, you know? One is already more than enough.

Well, I can assure you that 1v1 fights against Chara are gonna be nearly pointless. Group fights against Chara will be far more effective. Both she and Sans won't be very effective when facing more than one opponent. The reason Chara was able to handle team Toph as well as she did was mostly because of Spidey not doing anything, Logan being too injured to fight at the time, and Flowey's basic support. That was uh... Team Toph was seriously unprepared for a Chara encounter. Luckily for them, Chara wasn't actually interested in killing anyone, just in seeing Toph's potential to "recruit" her against Zeliyis. Chara's plan will never come to fruition, however, as she will be killed before then.

I feel this doesn't actually offer any assurance what so ever about Chara and kinda makes it worse since it does remove possibly interesting or beneficial fights among my cast or other characters given this mindset you have dead set for her. You can't in one breath say "Oh Kyuseishu might give her a run for her money" and then say she can only be fought at all in mass groups against her.

As for Frisk and Chara... I really don't want them to interact very much. If I'm lucky, they'll never interact at all. I know that seems weird, but Chara would be able to possess Frisk through their shared determination ability, and I don't want two Chara's running around, you know? One is already more than enough.

I mean, call it cheesy or what not but maybe you could have Frisk's kind heart, passive nature and her own individual determination be greater than Chara's to overcome the hate and empty darkness. Something like this.
undertale_comic___save_chara_by_maricaripan_d9m18mi-pre.jpg

Is much more interesting then simply saying Frisk could never touch Chara so they should just never interact.

comic

I feel this doesn't actually offer any assurance what so ever about Chara and kinda makes it worse since it does remove possibly interesting or beneficial fights among my cast or other characters given this mindset you have dead set for her. You can't in one breath say "Oh Kyuseishu might give her a run for her money" and then say she can only be fought at all in mass groups against her.

I mean, call it cheesy or what not but maybe you could have Frisk's kind heart, passive nature and her own individual determination be greater than Chara's to overcome the hate and empty darkness. Something like this.
undertale_comic___save_chara_by_maricaripan_d9m18mi-pre.jpg

Is much more interesting then simply saying Frisk could never touch Chara so they should just never interact.
I've already stated Chara is too far gone, to the point where she isn't Chara anymore, just a demon using her name, memories, and appearance.
While I do enjoy that comic, Frisk probably won't interact with Chara. If I remember right, I think Frisk is actually going to be attempting to use MERCY on others, including Z himself. Frisk and Chara have very different plans set for them for the future.
If you want to make this story, then introduce a Chara of your own that can still be redeemed.

Though I do have to wonder... you and Shen both keep saying the stuff I have for Chara sounds boring... and I do most of my writing with the same mindset, so... are you saying all my posts are uninteresting?
I'm not accusing you or nothing, but I genuinely want to know what you think about my posts, because I'm starting to second-guess myself, now.

I've already stated Chara is too far gone, to the point where she isn't Chara anymore, just a demon using her name, memories, and appearance.
While I do enjoy that comic, Frisk probably won't interact with Chara. If I remember right, I think Frisk is actually going to be attempting to use MERCY on others, including Z himself. Frisk and Chara have very different plans set for them for the future.
If you want to make this story, then introduce a Chara of your own that can still be redeemed.

I mean the moral was less about "redemption" and more of we can easily come up with a reason for Frisk to overcome Chara's darkness and beat her rather than be fodder next to her. Which I think would work better. Besides...

Though I do have to wonder... you and Shen both keep saying the stuff I have for Chara sounds boring... and I do most of my writing with the same mindset, so... are you saying all my posts are uninteresting?
I'm not accusing you or nothing, but I genuinely want to know what you think about my posts, because I'm starting to second-guess myself, now.

....you are an amazing writer. One of the best on here and much better than me. Much better. For that reason the Chara stuff has been well...concerning. I've never fully agreed with how Chara or Undertale are scaled in general here and likely never will but that is a disagreement on scailing personal opinion.

Chara being this invincible obstacle and not any kind of character is a bit of a let down and limits any interesting dynamics other characters could bounce off her. Erza could have a great story with Chara but it just won't happen with this one. Same with all of my cast or other characters outside of Sans and Sans alone when Chara does become randomly "weakened" to be able to actually be fought with one vs. one.

comic

I think Chara's the only one like it, because she's an obstacle that can't be overcome. That kind of futility is kind of uninteresting in all honesty.
Except... she can be overcome. Toph herself did pull some moves on Chara that she didn't see coming. If Chara didn't take Toph somewhere, and they just fought in an open field, I'm fairly confident Toph alone could take on Chara. Probably not manage a win, but without a tunnel to collapse, or a sky to warp to, Toph could definitely hold her own against Chara.
Given the right circumstances, I think other characters could 1v1 Chara and make it out as well.
Now, if you guys really are interested in a Chara redemption... I could change my plans to allow her to still be Chara hidden beneath layers of corrupt determination, making her possible to save. I misused redemption though, considering... it's hard to redeem her right now, lol.
But really, if you guys do want a more interesting Chara, then I could alter my plans. I haven't done a lot with Chara yet in the rp, so there's still a lot that can be changed.

Okay, Comic, I'll put it this way.
Will you allow any of our characters to beat Chara?
More specifically, will you allow Team Toph to beat Chara?
If either answer is no, that's an obstacle that can't be overcome. None of the other Goldenwalk characters would be able to beat her, as while Wario is the physically strongest hero there he's both not in the tunnel and not as strong as Toph.

Except... she can be overcome. Toph herself did pull some moves on Chara that she didn't see coming. If Chara didn't take Toph somewhere, and they just fought in an open field, I'm fairly confident Toph alone could take on Chara. Probably not manage a win, but without a tunnel to collapse, or a sky to warp to, Toph could definitely hold her own against Chara.
Given the right circumstances, I think other characters could 1v1 Chara and make it out as well.

Which is all I want.

But Toph is not that. Fact is Chara can just warp her to the sky. Fact is Chara can just shrug off all her attacks and recover without a scratch. There is nothing Toph could do to make it a fight despite me pulling constant rabbits out of the hat just to have her survive XD

Now, if you guys really are interested in a Chara redemption... I could change my plans to allow her to still be Chara hidden beneath layers of corrupt determination, making her possible to save. I misused redemption though, considering... it's hard to redeem her right now, lol.
But really, if you guys do want a more interesting Chara, then I could alter my plans. I haven't done a lot with Chara yet in the rp, so there's still a lot that can be changed.

Depends on what you want to do. I might have Kyuseishu pay her a visit and, not fight her but do something that might reveal whatever crack or slim crack of humanity she has left if you desire that to be revealed or the seed to be planted.

comic

More specifically, will you allow Team Toph to beat Chara?
...uh, dude. Chara isn't meant to be put down by them. This is her first fight. Getting beaten by Team Toph would seriously underplayed Chara. That's like asking if Team Nathan would have beaten Z earlier in the rp. Chara outclasses a lot of Team Toph like Z outclassed Team Nathan.
I agree with this assessment. If she is unkillable until Sans arrives or a gauntlet of teams suicide into her, I can’t see why anyone would want to be that first suicide wave
I suppose I wasn't very clear in my telling of Chara's coming demise.
It's not gonna be some dumb situation where everyone holds out until Sans arrives like some glorified hero cuck.
Chara will be killed in a team battle. Against who? Unclear as of now, but Sans is the one I want to deal the final blow. That's not saying only Sans can beat her. I just want him to deal the final blow, that's it.
Which is all I want.

But Toph is not that. Fact is Chara can just warp her to the sky. Fact is Chara can just shrug off all her attacks and recover without a scratch. There is nothing Toph could do to make it a fight despite me pulling constant rabbits out of the hat just to have her survive XD

Depends on what you want to do. I might have Kyuseishu pay her a visit and, not fight her but do something that might reveal whatever crack or slim crack of humanity she has left if you desire that to be revealed or the seed to be planted.
Actually, thinking about it now... Chara could look to Kyuseishu as a potential ally against Zeliyis, which would make their interactions interesting, especially considering Chara would have a tougher time IF she were to fight him, especially if he was backed by his followers.

comic

I'm asking if they COULD, though. Because if not, the tunnel collapse should be the end of their interactions for the time being until we can have some competitors that could justifiably beat her.
...yeah. Chara left Team Toph. She had outro dialogue and everything. There's a reason Team Toph wasn't around when Chara started killing the Marbury family.

Actually, thinking about it now... Chara could look to Kyuseishu as a potential ally against Zeliyis, which would make their interactions interesting, especially considering Chara would have a tougher time IF she were to fight him, especially if he was backed by his followers.

I mean, I would prefer Kyuseishu being a threat to her without the need for his followers to fight with him as he is meant to be a major threat himself not just a means to work towards Chara getting one day weak enough to be beaten in a team fight.

I do agree that the interactions between the two could be interesting. It could be a good dynamic but that depends on how you portray Chara in this when the time comes.

Nobody objected, so I'll be taking Zwei.

Yes, I was serious about that.
Bring him back for the sequel, so he and Boney can be friends :D

As so far, only additions to the sequel cast is Lucas, Boney, and Nika. But not important if we don't make it through this one first.

I await on @The Bog Hog and Eevee. The latter of which I assume is waiting as well, the former...Well, he's doing something. Mostly inane stuff, according to what he's posting in discord. Sans Vector with SUPREME logos there.

No, I am not joking.

Pro Hero Dekiru

Previously Battle Legend G.K.
On an unrelated note, I'll probably drop Zwei with Jet after the True Lab arc.
Yes, that's what I'm calling it.

Jet: (happily petting doggo) Who's gonna try and fit into my pistol? It's you! Yes you are, yes you are!
Silver: That's what a dog looks like where you come from? Weird.
Frisk: *Annoying Dog flashbacks*
Blaze: BEGONE FOUL UNHOLY CREATURE OF IBLIS RETURN TO THE BURNING HELLSCAPE FROM WHENCE YOU CAME AND NEVER RETURN OR I SHALL SMITE... NAY... I SHALL INCINERATE THEE WITH EVERY LAST PIECE OF HATRED I HAVE FOR THOU IN MY SOUL
Jet: Joke's on you, the dog is fireproof
Blaze: WITCHCRAFT

Last edited:
...huh. y'know, funniest thing is, i had NEVER heard of ape escape until the day you claimed Specter.
I knew about Ape Escape through second-hand recounts of the series on Youtube. Never touched it. Seems like a fun game, but nothing I'd take as seriously as you do :p Not to say that's a bad thing. I just kinda viewed it as a Saturday morning cartoon plot as opposed to a strict structure.

About Kyle and the HeroSquad though...I think there might be a massive timejump between here and the sequel to accommodate for Kyle. I wouldn't put a 10 year old out in the field :p Or there might be a gap between then and the vaguely implicated Threequel that might or might not happen. And that's when Kyle actually joins, rather than being under the care of them.

But if the massive timejump happens, that puts Sarah, Kiran, and Priscilla in their early thirties.

knew about Ape Escape through second-hand recounts of the series on Youtube. Never touched it. Seems like a fun game, but nothing I'd take as seriously as you do :p Not to say that's a bad thing. I just kinda viewed it as a Saturday morning cartoon plot as opposed to a strict structure.
And that’s perfectly okay, the series shifts in tone like a LOT. In ape escape 3 specter was cartoonish and not realistic in plans at all, and it all seemed cartoony. Meanwhile in the anime specter was a serious villain with masterful plots and plans. And in million monkeys specter had a battle fleet and threatened glassing the world, so I don’t really blame you for feeling the way you do XD

Status
Not open for further replies.