• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I dunno, maybe?

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
check discord dms dekiru-

Also, Comic and I have actually be using Discord to get some good OOC talk done. It'd probably be a good idea to use it over Charms for general discussion not related directly to the RP, honestly. Saves us from getting to Page 400 before the Battle of Camelot ends.

Pro Hero Dekiru

Previously Battle Legend G.K.
upload_2019-3-22_16-48-44.png

It's exactly how I'd imagine it.

It's beautiful. Thank you for this wonderful gift.

Also, I assembled a quick list of all my characters.
Bloodborne
-The Hunter
-Eileen the Crow*
Metal Gear Rising
-Raiden
-Jetstream Sam
HeroSquad
-Sarah/Thunderhead
-Kiran/Grey Knight
-Priscilla
-Jackson*
-Quint*
-Aisha*
-Jerry*
-Silver Scythe
-The Flamebringer
Fire Emblem
-Grima
-Líf
Metroid
-Samus
TF2
-The Soldier
Hollow Knight
-Hornet
Other
-Commander Cecil
Mother 3
-Lucas
-Boney
Invisible, Inc.
-Nika Muratova

A asterisk (*) indicates this character will not be used outside of their world, and thus aren't full additions. Italics indicate a character in this RP who has not yet appeared. Underlined are characters intended for the sequel, who may at most be vaguely referenced at some point or another, but ultimately won't appear in this RP.

Last edited:

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
It's exactly how I'd imagine it.

It's beautiful. Thank you for this wonderful gift.

Also, I assembled a quick list of all my characters.
Bloodborne
-The Hunter
-Eileen the Crow*
Metal Gear Rising
-Raiden
-Jetstream Sam
HeroSquad
-Sarah/Thunderhead
-Kiran/Grey Knight
-Priscilla
-Jackson*
-Quint*
-Aisha*
-Jerry*
-Silver Scythe
-The Flamebringer
Fire Emblem
-Grima
-Líf
Metroid
-Samus
TF2
-The Soldier
Hollow Knight
-Hornet
Other
-Commander Cecil
Mother 3
-Lucas
-Boney
Invisible, Inc.
-Nika Muratova

A asterisk (*) indicates this character will not be used outside of their world, and thus aren't full additions. Italics indicate a character in this RP who has not yet appeared. Underlined are characters intended for the sequel, who may at most be vaguely referenced at some point or another, but ultimately won't appear in this RP.

Would Raiden and Sam know of Specter, given they are in the same universe?

Would Raiden and Sam know of Specter, given they are in the same universe?
Most likely no.

I'd like to reiterate the fact that the Patriot AIs combined intelligence would've probably disposed of Specter at the first possible chance. They controlled a great deal of the War Economy in MGS 4, and if they didn't take him out, Ocelot would've taken care of it (As a potential threat to his own plans.) He had the resources and drive to do so. There was also nothing close to being able to destroy the world in any MGS game or MGR. Everything in canon Metal Gear was to destabilize the world into war. The MGS 3 Minigame and Mesal Gear were not canon, but rather joke crossover games. Snake wasn't even voiced by Hayter in Mesal Gear, and unless it was written by Kojima I would take it with a large grain of salt.

That being said, most of MGR wasn't written by Kojima, but he did give his approval to it. I believe he even made his own trailer off of it.

I'd like to reiterate the fact that the Patriot AIs combined intelligence would've probably disposed of Specter at the first possible chance. They controlled a great deal of the War Economy in MGS 4, and if they didn't take him out, Ocelot would've taken care of it (As a potential threat to his own plans.) He had the resources and drive to do so. There was also nothing close to being able to destroy the world in any MGS game or MGR. Everything in canon Metal Gear was to destabilize the world into war. The MGS 3 Minigame and Mesal Gear were not canon, but rather joke crossover games. Snake wasn't even voiced by Hayter in Mesal Gear, and unless it was written by Kojima I would take it with a large grain of salt.

Actually, specter used a time machine in his first apperance, where no one was capable of responding. And doing so he hid many contingencies throughout time to age to the point where they are accessible in the future, like his moon base as an example. So I don’t think the A.I’s could have prevented that.

You might think they aren’t canon, but we are given some background that the professor was an high ranking official within the organization Snake was a part of, and apparently has some lengthy history with the colonel

Actually, specter used a time machine in his first apperance, where no one was capable of responding. And doing so he hid many contingencies throughout time to age to the point where they are accessible in the future, like his moon base as an example. So I don’t think the A.I’s could have prevented that.

You might think they aren’t canon, but we are given some background that the professor was an high ranking official within the organization Snake was a part of, and apparently has some lengthy history with the colonel
Time travel is something completely unprecedented within MGS and further pushes the two away. In some weird universe, yes they coexist, but it is clearly a no from here. I will not budge on this. No Kojima written plot? No canon.

I mean, tell me. How does the colorful world of Ape Escape fit in to a world with this as a significant part of it? May I present the War has Changed quote from MGS 4.
War has changed.
It's no longer about nations, ideologies, or ethnicity. It's an endless series of proxy battles, fought by mercenaries and machines.
War--and it's consumption of life--has become a well-oiled machine.
War has changed.
ID-tagged soldiers carry ID-tagged weapons, use ID-tagged gear. Nanomachines inside their bodies enhance and regulate their abilities.
Genetic control, information control, emotion control, battlefield control…everything is monitored and kept under control.
War…has changed.
The age of deterrence has become the age of control, all in the name of averting catastrophe from weapons of mass destruction, and he who controls the battlefield, controls history.
War…has changed.
When the battlefield is under total control, war becomes routine.

I know you want Ape Escape to be some serious spanning thing, but it's not. It's a game some have some nostalgia for but was ultimately unsuccessful, which is why a Playstation Move game was it's last. Then again, Metal Gear's last game was Survive, so maybe that argument isn't too sound.
Besides the point. The two are unconnected, at least the versions presented to us. If Comic would like to say the universe Snake comes from (Given they are in different times) is ultimately connected to Ape Escape, he can do that. Not that he'd meet Specter before his untimely demise.

tl;dr, No. I said it already, the Ape Escape crossovers were jokes. There's more evidence weighed against them then for.

Time travel is something completely unprecedented within MGS and further pushes the two away. In some weird universe, yes they coexist, but it is clearly a no from here. I will not budge on this. No Kojima written plot? No canon.

I mean, tell me. How does the colorful world of Ape Escape fit in to a world with this as a significant part of it? May I present the War has Changed quote from MGS 4.
War has changed.
It's no longer about nations, ideologies, or ethnicity. It's an endless series of proxy battles, fought by mercenaries and machines.
War--and it's consumption of life--has become a well-oiled machine.
War has changed.
ID-tagged soldiers carry ID-tagged weapons, use ID-tagged gear. Nanomachines inside their bodies enhance and regulate their abilities.
Genetic control, information control, emotion control, battlefield control…everything is monitored and kept under control.
War…has changed.
The age of deterrence has become the age of control, all in the name of averting catastrophe from weapons of mass destruction, and he who controls the battlefield, controls history.
War…has changed.
When the battlefield is under total control, war becomes routine.

I know you want Ape Escape to be some serious spanning thing, but it's not. It's a game some have some nostalgia for but was ultimately unsuccessful, which is why a Playstation Move game was it's last. Then again, Metal Gear's last game was Survive, so maybe that argument isn't too sound.
Besides the point. The two are unconnected, at least the versions presented to us. If Comic would like to say the universe Snake comes from (Given they are in different times) is ultimately connected to Ape Escape, he can do that. Not that he'd meet Specter before his untimely demise.

tl;dr, No. I said it already, the Ape Escape crossovers were jokes. There's more evidence weighed against them then for.
Yet captain falcon remembers Samus. The smash bros series isn’t canon for Metroid lore, yet it still applies in the Rp :/

Didn’t want you to go on a long tangent on how ape Escape is an unsuccessful franchise and how it is meaningless

The Smash series is able to apply, at least a variant of it with it being an inter dimensional tournament as previously established by Lucina and Robin in my posts, because it doesn’t contradict existing canon. The MGS/Ape Escape crossovers do NOT have that same justification.

The Smash series is able to apply, at least a variant of it with it being an inter dimensional tournament as previously established by Lucina and Robin in my posts, because it doesn’t contradict existing canon. The MGS/Ape Escape crossovers do NOT have that same justification.

There is all stars, so technically there is that

Okay, let’s put things this way. Snake MAY exist in the universe of Ape Escape, but it’d be an alternate Snake and not the same one from the games, just a fascimile. If it was the EXACT same, well... Burble already explained why that wouldn’t result in Specter getting anywhere whatsoever in his plans. Specter would NOT exist in Ape Escape, at least not as a successful villain like he is in Ape Escape.
Crossovers like Smash Bros. have a natural advantage, as they’re taking characters from their own worlds and not implying they all share one.

Yet captain falcon remembers Samus. The smash bros series isn’t canon for Metroid lore, yet it still applies in the Rp :/

Didn’t want you to go on a long tangent on how ape Escape is an unsuccessful franchise and how it is meaningless
Apologies for getting a bit incensed there. I know how it is to play unknown or underrated games. One of the games I've been playing recently is Invisible, Inc. and that's a title that's been biggest addition was a single DLC pack. It's discord group only has about 15 or so active members as of now, and yet I'm still taking a character from that for the sequel...I shouldn't have brought that up and it was ultimately pointless for the lore point I'm trying to make.

And for what it's worth, I wasn't exactly the one who came up with that. Call me boring, but I don't use Smash as a basis for these things. Because it's a party fighter game. I'm rolling with it because everyone else is, and it also had Subspace. I really don't think two minigames serve as a lore connection. Especially when you look at Metal Gear's habit of crossovers. If we wanted to include everything, well I guess Metal Gear canonically takes place in the Monster Hunter universe now. But we don't, because once again, that's a minigame crossover. Not a main title addition. Same goes for the Monkey Hunt and Mesal Gear. Wouldn't Specter use a monster if at one point at time they were connected? I mean, certainly there's a primate beast out there. And he's got a time machine.

But he doesn't, because neither Monster Hunter nor Ape Escape share a universe with Metal Gear.

Also, in all the games, there is zero mention of a hostile monkey takeover. Which would be huge news I'd think.

In any case, the universe where this Raiden and Sam came from had no Monster Hunter or Ape Escape in it. Nor did Playstation All-Stars take place. They do not know who Specter is. Bottom line.

Okay, let’s put things this way. Snake MAY exist in the universe of Ape Escape, but it’d be an alternate Snake and not the same one from the games, just a fascimile. If it was the EXACT same, well... Burble already explained why that wouldn’t result in Specter getting anywhere whatsoever in his plans. Specter would NOT exist in Ape Escape, at least not as a successful villain like he is in Ape Escape.
Crossovers like Smash Bros. have a natural advantage, as they’re taking characters from their own worlds and not implying they all share one.
Huh...didn’t even think about an alternate snake. Interesting thought

And specter has a fleet, so he was far from helpless XD

He was in a different solar system when he made that fleet
...I'm not even gonna argue this anymore. Neither Raiden or Sam have any awareness of Specter, and Specter does not and would not exist in Metal Gear. There was no super intelligence helmet made, no time machine made, probably not even the monkey themed theme park. There was never the technology for the former two, and they completely outclass everything shown in Metal Gear. End of story, please and thank you.

...I'm not even gonna argue this anymore. Neither Raiden or Sam have any awareness of Specter, and Specter does not and would not exist in Metal Gear. There was no super intelligence helmet made, no time machine made, probably not even the monkey themed theme park. There was never the technology for the former two, and they completely outclass everything shown in Metal Gear. End of story, please and thank you.

I’m not reffering to the metal gear you know at this point. Im way off that topic. Im talking about the alternate snake and such idea that eevee proposed

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
I was using the Omnidroid V.8 cause it was one we saw in action in the film. Going off a blueprint is not really that helpful in getting a sense of what it can do you know?
Version 8?
then i fail to see the problem. version 8 was the easiest one. the one that was destroyed from within by Mr. Incredible.
it was smaller than 9 and 10, and WAY less powerful.
also, sorry for saying v.5, i meant to say v.9, but i was on the road at the time and my light had just turned green.

Version 8?
then i fail to see the problem. version 8 was the easiest one. the one that was destroyed from within by Mr. Incredible.
it was smaller than 9 and 10, and WAY less powerful.
also, sorry for saying v.5, i meant to say v.9, but i was on the road at the time and my light had just turned green.

V.8 overpowered Mr. Incredible (Who benched train cars and had literal super strength) and only lost because Mr. Incredible was able to get inside it and have its pincers destroy itself. Ant-Man tossing it around like a ragdoll though just feels like selling it short. Can it overpower it through effort? Sure it is possible but not so easily as described.

comic

V.8 overpowered Mr. Incredible (Who benched train cars and had literal super strength) and only lost because Mr. Incredible was able to get inside it and have its pincers destroy itself. Ant-Man tossing it around like a ragdoll though just feels like selling it short. Can it overpower it through effort? Sure it is possible but not so easily as described.
Scott ain't tossing it like some kinda softball (Hulk 2008 reference, everybody. rip). he's using his larger size, and his grasp on two legs in an attempt to swing it. he's using physics in an attempt to swing the Omnidroid into the wall (IF he succeeded, that would seriously ruin my plan with Hank and Luis. more Hank than Luis, tho).

Scott ain't tossing it like some kinda softball (Hulk 2008 reference, everybody. rip). he's using his larger size, and his grasp on two legs in an attempt to swing it. he's using physics in an attempt to swing the Omnidroid into the wall (IF he succeeded, that would seriously ruin my plan with Hank and Luis. more Hank than Luis, tho).

I mean he lifted it in the air already and caught the arms so I'd say he is already in softball motion. Just saying it would have been preferred if you made the motion to attempt to lift him up to slam him rather than go ahead with that. Plus the lack of mention of the laser on the ceiling to try and knock debris on him. Nothing more.

comic

I mean he lifted it in the air already and caught the arms so I'd say he is already in softball motion. Just saying it would have been preferred if you made the motion to attempt to lift him up to slam him rather than go ahead with that. Plus the lack of mention of the laser on the ceiling to try and knock debris on him. Nothing more.
i can include the debris thing, but at his current size, it's more of a minor annoyance than anything.
Scott didn't pick up the Omnidroid before the legs either. he got a hold of the legs, then tugged in an attempt to swing the Omnidroid into the wall.
the Omnidroid can easily just extend its legs and get a hold of the ground, ruining Scott's plan.

i can include the debris thing, but at his current size, it's more of a minor annoyance than anything.
Scott didn't pick up the Omnidroid before the legs either. he got a hold of the legs, then tugged in an attempt to swing the Omnidroid into the wall.
the Omnidroid can easily just extend its legs and get a hold of the ground, ruining Scott's plan.

I mean I am not denying that the Omnidroid can try to stop Scott. Just worry this is a case of autoing really more than anything to have this done already. Kinda like just teleporting Toph.

Just allow me to have a say in the action is all XD

Status
Not open for further replies.