• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
"Look, I don't want any trouble." Will said as Drake and Blake along with their comically over-sized security guard got in his face. Barbara sensed this and quickly thought over numerous ways she could have some fun with this troublesome trio.

Only problem, she was told not to cause another scene. Barbara had to swallow her tongue. She was by no means "friends" with Will, but defending him gave her the excuse of using her magic to cause mischief she enjoyed so much against humans. However, she would have to wait until the right moment.

"Well, too bad. You need to learn your place loser. Security, show him the pecking order." Blake said as the large, muscular individual went up to Will, Will having glanced up in fear.

"I'll say this isn't personal." The security guard said as he balled a hand into a fist while he grabbed Will by his collar with the other. Barbara knew then she should probably do something; Will would understand if she used her magic to defend her master.

Hope walked into the lunch room to see a young boy being picked on. Fearful but brave, she decided to walk up to them. "What's going on here?!" she asked.

Crystal worried for Hope's safety. Hope should've made a wish! Why didn't she?

Coral, meanwhile, sighed. "Now that Crockpot's gone, I'm free to speak. So what's Hope's story? Do you know it?" he asked Ted.

Drake glanced over to Hope when she asked what was going on. If he wasn't mistaken this was the girl Serena had a problem with.

Perfect.

"Well loser this other loser rudely bumped into my friend and now we're having our associate teach him a lesson. However, you seem a bit familiar to me. Tell me something would you happen to have a history with Serena?" Drake asked with a smirk, matched by Blake as their bodyguard would aim to deliver a punch to Will, who had closed his eyes in anticipation.

"Oh, is that what you think?" Barbara asked with a smirk inside her lamp.

With a snap of her fingers, a spider would suddenly appear on the bodyguard's fist, he caught sight of this and let out a girlish scream.

"Ah! Get it off me, get it off me!" The guard screamed as he dropped Will and tried to shake the spider off as he ran back and forth. During this Barbara would grin as she snapped her fingers inside the lamp and made a banana peel appear on the ground, which the enforcer tripped over and fell on his back. Blake and Drake saw this in utter disbelief.

"What the heck!?" They called out as Will saw this with his own eyes wide, but for a different reason.

Barbara!

Hope didn't answer the question, widening her eyes and running over to the bodyguard. "Oh my gosh, are you okay? Hold still!" she exclaimed, extending her small hand to the spider. It crawled gently onto her finger as she stroked the small creature. "There, there. It's off of you now!"

Crystal was confused. Why was Hope helping the bodyguard?

She turned around to the boys. "Yeah, I do have a history with Serena. She always made me do her homework. But it's okay. I like helping people!" Crystal could hear Hope's heart beating frantically in panic and fear, but the way Hope was acting, she seemed to tell a completely different story.

Hope turned around and left the lunch room, opening a door outside and letting the spider out. "There you go, little guy," she cooed. "You're free!" Closing the door, she walked back into the lunch room and waved politely before buying herself a lunch.

Last edited:
Will would shake his head as he would dash away from the cafeteria and head outside the school, going to a lone bench before Drake or Blake could make head or tails of what just happened. Even set his backpack on the bench and, one he saw no one else there, glared at it.

"What was that Barbara!?" Will asked as the genie, in her tiny form, appeared on his shoulder again.

"Um, saving your butt? I think a 'your welcome' is in order." Barbara said Will pinched the bridge of his nose.

"I could handle a beating, but you risk exposing yourself! What if those fairy kids saw that!" Will yelled, again glancing around to check if anyone was listening.

"Saw what, some freak circumstances. I think you overestimate the detective skills of your peers." Barbara said as Will let out a sigh.

"I don't know much," Ted replied, "But I do know she's got a lot of problems in her life: neglectful parents, siblings that bully her, bullies at school that hurt her with every possible chance, lack of free time in her life...and now she shares one with me, which is Leo."He took a moment to pause as he looked out the window at a crow that perched on a tree branch. "So, how about you, Coral? What's your story?" he asked, a little curious about his fairy godfather.

"Well, I'm a new godparent. I just graduated out of Fairy Academy to be a fairy godparent. Truth be told, I partially did it because of kids like you and..." he blushed slightly. "S-someone else."

Hope came back into the classroom, placing her tray on the desk. As soon as she did, Coral stopped talking. "Sorry I took a while. I ran into a little bit of trouble," she apologized, blowing on her greasy pizza for it to cool down.

"Look just, just don't do that again. I don't want you pushing your luck. I can't risk you getting discovered." Will said as Barbara rolled her eyes.

"Whatever floats your boat master. Now are you gonna go eat?" Barbara said as Will glanced back at the cafeteria entrance, while he sat on an outside bench and let out a sigh.

"What, and risk those upper-class snobs making a scene again. No thank you." Will said as his stomach growled a bit.

"It's alright. Let me guess, Serena?" Ted predicted, his brow slightly furrowed. While he waited for a response, he tapped out another message in morse code with a smirk: Ooh, got a crush on someone here on earth? Outside, the crow spread his wings, revealing scars that looked like tears in it's wings, and flew off as Crocker entered the room once more.

"I apologize for taking so long. Something urgent just came up, is all." He said, reaching under his desk and pulling out his bagged lunch.

Hope smiled at Mr. Crocker. "It's no problem, Mr. Crocker!" Turning to Ted, she shook her head. "Not Serena, but her boyfriends. They seemed to be bullying another kid with the help of a bodyguard, but then a spider landed on the bodyguard's hand and he tripped over a banana peel. I helped him, then got my lunch and left. I think the boy's okay now." Little did Hope know, boyfriends aren't friends that are boys.

Coral blushed and vibrated quietly. Maybeeeee....

Ted let out a sigh as he heard the story. "Some people..." he muttered. He then looked back to his lunch and took a bite from his apple. "It was nice of you to help that bodyguard out, but be careful, alright? Remember, those three are willing to find any excuse and opportunity to mess with you." he advised.

As Mr. Crocker ate, he anonymously listened to the children's conversation while he looked through papers he was grading.

"Well, yeah," Hope said, carefully biting her pizza slice. "But the bodyguard was really scared of that spider. No matter how mean someone can be, no one deserves being so scared of something like that. Besides, if I'm nice enough to them, someday, I'm sure they'll stop hurting me! I just have to be patient," she reasoned.

Crystal longed with all her heart to talk to Hope and tell her that some people just don't work that way, but she couldn't say a thing with Mr. Crocker and Ted around.

Coral, meanwhile, listened intently. Hope seemed like a very nice girl. Crystal was lucky that she had such a caring and good godchild.

"So, since we are alone you said you wanted to have a discussion with me correct? Have you finally decided on a wish to make?" The tiny Barbara on Will's shoulder had asked, already having groan impatient with Will's lack of urgency when it comes to making wishes. Most kids blasted them in quick succession but this kid was taking his time before he could even suggest a first wish. Will rolled his eyes.

"Think of it this way, the longer I take to make my wishes the longer you don't have to remain trapped in the lamp. Anyway I wanted to know more about these fairies you mentioned before; the ones you say a couple of students at my school have." Will explained as Barbara let out a sigh, conceding to his point before she would explain.

"Yes, a pair of your classmates have some fairies. Fairies are magical beings who are assigned to unhappy children to lighten their spirits. Unlike us Genies, Fairies are typically held back by a series of "rules" that they cannot break which limits the wishing options. Of course, they are not limited to 3 wishes as I am." Barbara explained as Will nodded his head.

"Anything else to note?" Will asked as Barbara nodded.

"Well, they typically stick with the kid they are assigned until one of two things happen: either someone discovers the kid in question has a fairy or they reach a point where the kid is happy enough to not need one. When that happens the fairy is taken away forever and memories as well as previous wishes made with the fairy are erased from the child's memory." Barbara said, tapping into her millennia of experience to outline the key condition that comes with having a fairy assigned to you. Will looked horrified.

"So wait, if I figure out which kids have fairies I risk causing them to separate? That's horrible!" Will said as Barbara rolled her eyes.

"Oh relax, you actually fit a special exception. See if a kid with another magic being discovers the secret, it doesn't violate these conditions so long as that kid doesn't reveal it to someone else without a magical companion. So even if you do find out so long as you keep your mouth shut you'll be fine." Barbara reassured as Will let out a sigh.

Ted listened to Hope's naive response and gave a soft sigh at the end. He wasn't sure if he had the heart to tell her of the harshness of reality. "You really are a sweetheart to the core, aren't you?" he chuckled. While he didn't quite agree with Hope that things always turn out happily, he respected her optimism. "Even with all the burdens you have to put up with, you still retain such a positive attitude. Kinda makes me envious." Once he was finished with his lunch, he threw his trash away, ignoring the most likely condescending note from Leo.

Hope blushed modestly. "It's not that big of a deal. I know my parents and siblings aren't very nice to me, but I feel like if I'm nice enough, anything is possible. Besides, someday, I'm sure they'll thank me for my kindness. I just need to wait for the right time."

Coral buzzed sympathetically. You're right. She really is a sweetheart. Poor girl...

Ted gave an agreeing nod, then looked up at the clock. There were only about ten minutes left to spend before lunch came to a close and classes resumed. Crocker seemed to notice too, putting the container that was once filled with egg salad away and finishing up his grading. Meanwhile, a small note poofed into Coral's line of sight, while somehow avoiding Ted's notice:

I'd like to talk with you whenever it's most convenient. -Royce

Coral narrowed his eyes slightly before poofing the note away silently. Meanwhile, Hope pulled out a notebook and began to study her notes. "Mr. Crocker?" she said, hoping to gain her teacher's attention. "Will I have to keep doing Serena's homework? What's gonna happen to Serena if I don't do it?"

Crystal took the opportunity to poof herself onto the paper of Hope's notebook as a crude drawing, hoping to find Coral. Coral glanced out from underneath Ted's sleeve and grinned at her. She grinned back at him. Unfortunately, the two couldn't continue to talk, since Coral was only a watch at the moment, but nonetheless, it was nice to see each other again.

"Of course you don't have to keep doing Serena's homework." Crocker replied, organizing his papers, "If Serena wants a good education, she needs to learn to do the work herself, not force others to secure her future for her. And if she can't understand that, she'll have to face the consequences."

Ted noticed Crystal on the paper, then looked back to Coral. Casually, as if to check the time, he rolled his sleeve back a bit, acting like he had no idea.

Coral blushed. Some words popped up on his smart-screen. That's her.

Hope nodded absently. "But... i-is she in trouble? I mean, I'm a little bit scared. You're right, she should do her homework herself, but... I-I don't want her to hurt me because she got in trouble," she said carefully and squeakily. She seemed afraid to say it, coming off rather timid and quiet, as well.

"Don't worry, we already had ourselves a little chat with the principal." Crocker said, "While I wish I could punish her a little more thouroghly, the principal said since this was her 'first infraction' by means of the Dimmsdale Public School System's backwards policies, the most I could do is a one-hour after-school detention." He seemed quite frustrated by this as he looked out the window. "Of course, whether or not this punishment falls on her is up to you. If you want, I can retract it." he added. "I should warn you, however, that if you do, she might think she can get away with bullying you with no repurcussions. So, what will it be, Hope? Should Serena serve her brief detention?"

Hope didn't seem very certain. Panicking, she looked to her notebook for help. Crystal made some words appear below her. Do it. An hour isn't that long anyway. Nodding, Hope agreed.

"An hour's okay," she told Mr. Crocker. "I don't think it'll be too bad."

Crystal sighed in relief. Coral smiled at her, assuring her that she did the right thing.

"Very well. And don't worry: this choice will be kept between the two...well, three of us. Right, Harrison?" Crocker said, looking to Ted.

"Of course." Ted replied, smiling. "I'll take it with me to the grave. Even if somehow Serena straps me to a table, a pendelum blade slowly lowering over me, I won't talk." he added as a joke. Crocker stifled a laugh and, seeming pleased, stood up as the bell rang, writing on the chalkboard:
QUIET PLEASE. QUIZ IN PROGRESS
-Phones, electronic devices, notes, and textbooks away
-Keep your eyes on your own paper
-When finished, please turn your paper over and remain quiet.
(Should we timeskip to the end of the school day? It's your call)

(Sure, I guess.)

As the school bell rang to signify the end of the day, Hope packed her things up and adjusted Crystal on her sweater, who was back to being a pin. She walked with Ted to the school bus. "Ted, I'm really happy you're my friend," she told him. "I don't think I could ever be as strong as you are, but I think having you around makes me feel more comfortable than when I'm alone."

Coral tried hard to get a view of Crystal, but he wasn't able to see beyond Ted's sleeve. Meanwhile, on Hope's pin, Crystal made a red heart appear, searching for Coral.

Will made it to the bus where he sat in the back, Barbara within the lamp inside his backpack as Will thought everything over.

Okay, just gotta not squeal if I find out who has the fairies. Why do I even care anyway? Oh man this whole thing is crazy, but I can't talk with anyone about this genie...except ironically the kids with the fairies. What do I do?

"Yeah, same with you." Ted replied, sitting beside her, "But let me tell you now, I'm...not as strong as you think. I don't always see things with a positive air. All my life, I trusted in facts and analysis to look at life. And Leo being my brother for half of that life didn't exactly give me the brightest view." He took a moment to pause, then continued, "Your optimism, though, seems to be contageous. Since we met, I actually feel like I'm improving for once. I actually feel a spark of hope, now. Ironic, given that's your name." He then glanced down at his "watch" and his smile widened a bit. Plus, with a fairy godfather at my side, I feel even more capable than ever. he thought.

Hope looked flattered. "Really? I thought it always came naturally!" she exclaimed, blushing shyly. "Thanks for the compliment!"

Coral grinned and winked at Ted, happy that he was there to help. Crystal knew Ted had a fairy godparent in Coral, and she really wished she could tell Hope, but she couldn't. Not until Hope figured it out on her own. Otherwise, she'd be breaking Da Rules, which was highly frowned upon in the Fairy World.

"You deserve it." Ted said.

"Miss Heartman, this is your stop." The bus driver said in his monotone voice.

Meanwhile, back at Ted's house, Royce waited to speak with his brother, disguised as a crow perched in the tree in front of the house. He's probably not gonna be happy to see me, but it's best I warn him. He thought.

Hope nodded. "Thank you!" she told the bus driver, getting up from her seat. Turning to Ted, she beamed. "See ya later!"

Coral watched Crystal and Hope disappear behind the view of the seats blocking the view of the stairs, sighing. "I wish I could talk to her some more..." Coral murmured sadly.

"Well, you could pay her a visit later during my fencing lessons if ya want." Ted whispered, making sure no one else could hear him, "With Leo out of the house due to a Student Council meeting, I'm sure I'll be safe for quite a while." As the bus approached his home, he gathered his things and disembarked once the vehicle came to a halt. "If I recall correctly, Da Rules says a fairy godchild has to discover others on their own. Assuming that counts toward you telling her you're my fairy godfather (better to play it safe), you could simply say you're a friend of Crystal's from Fairy World if Hope asks any questions."

Will sat in the back, waiting for the bus to get to his stop as he thought over today's events.

2 kids with Fairies, in my homeroom class. This is just...something I really could avoid. Don't panic, they don't know you have a genie yet so who knows I might be able to salvage this so long as Barbara doesn't do something stupid again.

Coral nodded. "That's what I was going to do anyway. Hey, look! There's your stop. Thanks for the support, Ted," he said gratefully. However, once the two had gotten off the bus, Coral frowned. "Royce? What're you doing here?" he asked confusedly. He tried not to seem incredibly disappointed, since he knew his brother could read him well. Hopefully not well enough, though.

"Well, hello to you too, Coral." The crow replied. "I hope I didn't catch you at a bad time."

"Wait, did that crow just talk?!" Ted said, eyes wide. "AND you two know each other?"

"Did you get stupider overnight, kid? Not that I'd be surprised..." The crow scoffed. He then opened his wings and flew down, landing behind the tree. What walked out instead of a crow, however, was a rather lanky human with black hair (with the occasional gray streaks in his hair) and holding a coffee mug.

"I'm sorry, do we know each oth- " Ted started.

"Nope. Not personally anyways." Royce interrupted." Name's Royce. Head of Fairy World's Council of Secrecy and older brother of Coral. Speaking of, I need to talk with him if it's okay with him. It's kinda important."

(I'm sorry it took so long to reply. Things've been really busy on my end.)

Coral sighed and poofed out of his watch form into a red macaw. "Alright. Where, on the rooftop?" he asked.

Meanwhile, Crystal was back into her cat form in Hope's room. Hope was doing her homework and Crystal was sitting on top of the table, watching her do so and helping her as she worked. When the two were done, Hope sat on her bed anxiously, fidgeting with her hands.

"Is something wrong?" Crystal asked.

"Well, I don't quite know what to do now," Hope told her fairy godmother. "I don't know about any hobbies. I know Ted gave me that device thing and that was fun, but he's not here right now and I want to be able to entertain myself without relying on him."

Crystal grinned. "Well, why don't you make a wish?" she asked.

Hope lit up. "That's a great idea! I wish to go to a world of fantasy and colors! Someplace that I can explore safely, leave and come as I please, and find my true hobbies there!"

Crystal beamed, waving her wand with her tail, and soon, the two were no longer in Hope's room. In their place was a fantasy-themed coloring book.

Royce nodded, before turning back into a crow and flying up to the rooftop. "I know you're not all that pleased to see me, Coral, but I felt this would be important to tell you. I already told Jorgan, but we've been having issues with the recent batch of memory wipers." he explained, "Adults whose memories were supposed to be erased have been regaining those memories of our existence. Needless to say, this makes us...vulnerable at the moment." He looked over to Coral, his dull eyes trying to get a read on him. "My men and I are working hard to repress these memories, and I'm working on a solution, but for now, just make sure you don't do anything too noticable." He glanced down as Ted took a fencing epee out of his duffel bag and started fiddling with it. "That aside, however, I'm proud of you for becoming a Fairy Godparent. Who knows? Maybe you'll succeed where I failed." Having now said everything he wanted to, Royce vanished with a puff of smoke.

Back on the front lawn, Ted took out a fencing Epee and got into a rough stance, trying to maintain his balance as he thrusted his weapon at an imaginary foe, then stumbling and regaining his balance.

Last edited:
Coral stood, perched on the roof, shocked. Issues with the memories? Maybe this wouldn't be quite as easy with Leo around as he thought. Nevertheless, he couldn't give up now. He was a fairy godparent. With his godson's consent, he was allowed to go to another fairy's house and check up on them, so long as he didn't give away his identity.

He poofed away to Hope's room, appearing as a red pillow.

(I actually had this idea that Ted gets an official instructor at some other point, and right now he's learning from the internet and guide books.)

Ted noticed Royce disappear, and then Coral after a few moments. I wonder what that Royce fellow had to say to Coral... He wondered as he lunged forward. However, he wound up going too far and tripped over himself, flopping onto the ground and dropping his epee. Grunting as he got up and dusted himself off, he picked up his epee and tried again.

Hope and Crystal weren't in Hope's room. Confused and slightly terrified, Coral poofed back to Ted, appearing as his epee replacement, except in red. "TED! They're gone!" he exclaimed, panicked. "I don't know what happened to them, what'd they do? They're gone, they're not in Hope's room, her homework was left lying about and I'm super-worried; Crystal could be hurt--or worse!" He continued rambling on and on about Crystal and Hope, talking faster and faster in panic and adrenaline.

"Whoa whoa, calm down, Coral." Ted said, somewhat surprised by his panic attack. Geez, is he always this on-edge? "I'm sure they're fine. Perhaps they're out doing something together to pass the time. Did you look around for any clues?" He asked. As he waited for a response, he sat down, letting his exhaustion catch up with him a little.

"I don't know where they could go!" Coral ranted. "Crystal doesn't go to Fairy World often when she's with a godchild, and I'm pretty sure Hope doesn't know Fairy World even exists! If they're not in their room and they're in some other world, I can't get to them unless I know which world they're in!" He sighed in disappointment. "I can't believe this... And I thought I was so close, too..."

Ted patted his fairy godfather's shoulder as a gesture of comfort. "It's disappointing, yes, but maybe Hope and Crystal are enjoying themselves wherever they are. Besides, there's always tomorrow." He reasoned. Things not going his way was something Ted could definitely sympathize with. After all, Leo's oppresive reign over him was something Ted could never have seen coming back in his earlier childhood, and was something he couldn't fight against. "So, what kinds of interests do you have?" he asked, trying to change the subject and cheer Coral up.