• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
Hope gasped, suddenly scared when Ted spoke up like that. "Oh no! What can I do!?" Hope whispered to Crystal, who had padded over to her to see what she'd say.

"Maybe make a wish?" Crystal suggested.

Hope widened her eyes. "Oh yeah! I wish Ted wasn't in trouble anymore!"

Crystal proudly waved her wand and waited for the magic to happen.

A few seconds later, Ted and Leo returned to the kitchen again, Leo in some kind of daze. Miraculously, the only injury visible on Ted was a thin bruise on the front of his neck. "What was it I was doing again...?" Leo muttered to himself.

"You were reminding me of the warning you gave me earlier today." Ted said quickly.

"Hm...very well." Leo sighed, though he seemed less than convinced. "You two take care of the dishes, I'll take care of the table and floor." With that, he loaded the dirty dishes into the sink and took out a cloth and disinfectant to clean the table.

Hope sighed, having hardly finished her food, and began throwing away her unfinished salad. Whispering to Ted, she asked, "What happened? Why's he all dazed like that?"

The wish, she thought, but she couldn't say that out loud.

Crystal gave Hope props for being convincing.

"Beats me." Ted said, seeming just as confused as his brother at the moment. "He dealt out two blows and took out some syringe before suddenly entering some kind of absent-minded state." As he explained, he rubbed the bruise on his throat and grabbed a pair of stools for him and Hope. "The thing about that is that normally, he never forgets these kind of things, especially not mid-'punishment'." He certainly seemed relieved that he wasn't subject to any further torture by his sadistic brother.

Hope gasped. "Are you okay!? Ohh, I wish you were all healed up!" she exclaimed, sending a quick glance to Crystal.

Crystal nodded and waved her wand with her tail, then quickly hid it again. All of Ted's injuries were gone.

Ted noticed the pain fade away, and rubbed where the bruise on his throat was. "H-how...?" he muttered. He gazed at Hope, a look of wonder on his face. D-did she have something to do with it...? He asked himself. Realizing he was staring, he quickly turned to the dishes as he began scrubbing them down and handing them to Hope so she could put them on the drying rack (or, if there's a dishwasher, he rinses them and hands them to Hope so she can load it).

Last edited:
Hope loaded the dishes into the dishwasher. When everything was all said and done, she turned to Ted. "Any more dishes?" she asked.

Crystal realized Ted was growing suspicious. They needed to be careful with their wishing.

"Nope. We're done." Ted replied, hopping off the stool and putting it away. Leo seemed done with cleaning the table and floor, too, and went back to the living room to read his papers again. "So, we got our homework done, and we have about an hour before curfew. What do you wanna do with the spare time?" he asked.

Hope shrugged. "I dunno. What do you want to do? Do you still feel okay?" she asked, referring to the bruises he received from Leo.

Crystal slowly stood up, stretched, and walked back into Hope's room, curling up on the bed.

"Yeah, I feel fine now. The bruises healed a lot faster than I thought they would..." Ted said, putting a hand to his chest, where a bruise once was. He then lowered his voice so Leo wouldn't overhear them. "I do know a few good video games we could play, if you're interested." he added with a small smirk. "Sound good?"

"Well, it's basically a programmed game you interact with through various means, most often a controller." Ted explained. "There's all kinds of different games. I think a good starting point for you would be an all-time classic: Super Mario Bros." He led Hope back to her room and looked to Lux. "Lux, boot up the NES Emulator and start Super Mario Bros."

"Of course, sir." Lux replied, a projector shining the screen on the wall. Ted then took out his smartphone, which now had a D-pad and buttons on it. "Super Mario Brothers, developed in 1985 by Shigeru Miyamoto, Nintendo." The AI said once the game was done loading.

"Alright, here ya go." Ted said, handing the 'controller' to Hope. "Push left or right on the D-Pad on the left to move around, press A to jump, and hold down B to move faster."

Hope blinked, pressing some of the buttons. She made Mario fall into a bottomless pit. "Whoa, what? What's that sound?" she asked. She noticed the number go down by Mario's face. "So wait, there's four Marios? Where are the others?" she asked. "I'm so confused..."

Crystal watched Hope play with the emulator and smiled. Ted was doing a pretty good job. But if he kept showing Hope all this cool stuff, she'll lose the need to be Hope's fairy godparent. She again began to wonder if she was even needed anymore. With him around, Hope may not be able to make drastic wishes, such as a world full of chocolate and video games, or her own giant strawberry syrup fountain or something.

"That's alright," Ted said, "That sound means you lost a life, and you have four left. It's kind of like there are multiple Marios waiting to complete the journey, but when you run out, the game ends." He then pointed at the screen. "Try hitting those yellow blocks with the question marks to get power ups, avoid the pits and enemies (or defeat them by jumping on them), and reach the goal." Once he finished explaining, he went over to Crystal a moment to pat her head before returning to Hope's side.

Crystal raised her head and headbutted Ted's hand, asking for more pets, while Hope got the hang of the game. She was a fast learner. Pretty soon, despite having two lives left, she was running through the game with a fire power-up and destroying enemies, gaining points, and she hit the bottom of the flagpole. "That means I win, right?" Hope asked, showing Ted the screen as Mario walked into the small brick building.

Ted nodded as he complied to Crystal's wish, gently stroking the cat's fur and gently scratching behind her ears. "Yep. That's the first level cleared! Great work!" he complimented. "You sure got the hang of it faster than most people." He then looked over to Crystal. "You two really get along, don't you?" he asked her quietly, "like it was meant to be."

Crystal acted happy and meowed quietly, playing innocent. Meanwhile, Hope had just groaned as she accidentally ran into a Goomba. "Seriously?! That's the easiest enemy! It came out of nowhere!" she exclaimed. After trying the level again, she realized it was harder than the first one. "Why's this one so hard?" she asked.

"It's a natural thing in video games. It grows in difficulty as you grow in skill. That way it doesn't come off as too easy." Ted said, walking over to Hope. "But if you beat the first level, you can beat this one. Just take it piece by piece. The enemies are the same, the obstacles are similar, and the only difference, really, is the layout." He then pointed to the blocks in the first piece of the screen. "And you have the same assistance. Feel free to use it."

Hope frowned and glanced at the screen again. She tried the level once more. After having gotten the hang of it the first time around, she quickly grew to enjoy the game, eager to find out the new and amazing things in it. "This is really fun!" she exclaimed. "Is this what a whole lot of kids do after school? Y'know, instead of doing the homework Mr. Crocker assigned us?"

"Yeah, sometimes. Humans are an extremely variable species, you see. Not everyone enjoys video games." Ted replied. "And even kids who DO play video games have different tastes in which video games they like. Like books and movies, they come in all sorts of genres, from platformers like Super Mario Bros, to racing games like F-Zero." He let a smile come across his face. "Some games are just solely for fun, others can tell interesting stories."

"Well, about 98% of them." Ted said with a nervous laugh. "We'd be in this room for centuries if I were to list down every single video game out there that technically has a story. For Super Mario Bros, for example, you're trying to rescue a princess from Boswer, a turtle-dragon kind of creature. Simple classic." he pointed out, "For a more interesting story, though, I would suggest games like Crono Trigger or Undertale."

"Ooh, Undertale sounds exciting. What's it like?" Hope asked. "What's it about? Please, I love storylines!"

So this was how to get Hope excited, eh? Crystal had to keep that in mind for next time.

"Ah ah ah, no spoilers." Ted said with a smirk. He then heard footsteps coming up the stairs, and a knock on the door.

"It's 9:00." Leo's voice informed from the other side. "Hope, you get to sleep, and Ted, come on out."

Ted sighed, wishing they had a bit more time. But knowing they'll see each other again, he walked out of the room. "See ya tomorrow, Hope." he said, smiling as he looked back.

"Bye, Ted!" Hope exclaimed, waving. "Oh, and here's your--erm, thing, back." She gave him back his device, not knowing what to call it without getting him in trouble.

Crystal rubbed up against Hope before jumping back onto her bed and curling up again.

Ted nodded and tucked it into his pocket. Lux, meanwhile, piloted the drone he had control over back to the house. He then went downstairs and sat quietly with Leo until Hope's family returned. Neither stepbrother said a word to each other, a chilling silence between them. As Leo read his papers, Ted looked out the window at the night sky.

As Hope climbed into her bed, she heard the door open and her parents coming in. Her whole family got ready to go to bed, no doubt paying Leo with a large wad of cash in the process. Or didn't they do that before?

"Thank you for taking care of Hope for us," she heard her father say.

He never really did want to care for her himself, did he?

"Hope's such a loser," she heard one of her twin sisters say.

"Yeah," the other twin said. "Not even fit enough to go to a stupid restaurant."

There was a long pause before her brother said some hushed words. But Hope had heard enough.

"W-what do they mean, I'm not 'fit enough' to go to a restaurant? Did they not want me there?" Hope asked Crystal.

Crystal turned into her normal self. "I think it's something more than that. But for now, go to sleep. Tomorrow, we'll have another good day. We'll even see Leo again, I'm sure."

Hope sat herself up on her bed. "I'm sorry you didn't get to grant too many wishes today. I wish we had more time to spend with each other."

"Yes, me too, but it's great that you've already made a friend as it is. To be honest, one shouldn't have only a fairy godparent to talk to. Someday, I'm going to be taken away and you'll need real friends to take my place. You won't remember I exist. It's a part of Da Rules," Crystal said, hugging Hope and kissing her forehead. "But that's just how it is. Now, I won't be leaving anytime soon, you only just got me. But you have to remember that, okay?"

Hope nodded. "O-okay. Good night, Crystal."

"Good night, Hope," Crystal said, poofing back into a cat and sleeping alongside her, turning the light off with magic.

Ted shot a glare at the twins, not really appreciating their comments on Hope. But he knew if he said or did anything, he wouldn't have just Leo to worry about, but Hope's parents. So he did the only logical thing in this situation: nothing.

"It was no trouble at all, really. She behaved herself rather well." Leo replied to his employer's gratitude. "If you ever need my services again, my door is always open. Ta ta." And with his farewells said, he left the house with Ted following him. One they got home, Leo sent Ted up to bed and walked over to his computer to finish his own homework.

Last edited:
In Fairy World, Jorgan Von Strangle watched as Crystal slept peacefully next to Hope. Grumbling in thought to himself, he switched to a view of Ted on the television screen. He seemed quite cunning, not exactly as miserable as the rest, though still quite sad, he was starting to befriend Hope. If he made Hope happier than now, he would leave no purpose for her fairy godmother. He couldn't have that. For some reason, he wanted Hope to continue having a fairy godmother. Perhaps...

Of course. The only logical solution is that by giving Ted a fairy, he and Crystal would be able to know about each other's fairies. Then, things would be so much easier for them!

"Ha ha! I am brilliant!" Jorgan roared, stomping the ground with his large wand. He made a young fairy with red hair, red eyes, and a casual red T-shirt and black pants appear in front of him.

"Yes, sir?" The fairy asked kindly.

"Coral. I want you to become Ted's fairy godfather," Jorgan told him.

Coral nodded. "Yes, sir. Of course." He poofed himself out of existence.

Jorgan smirked. "Now, I am certain things will go smoothly."

Coral appeared in Ted's room, quietly watching Ted do homework. He didn't bother him for a long time, until he noticed Ted was making a small mistake in his homework. "Oh, um, actually, you forgot to carry the one," he said suddenly.

"Hm? Oh yeah, you're right." Ted replied, looking to Coral and nodding, "Thanks." He then turned back to his paper for a second, then something clicked into his head. Looking back at him, he let out a yell and fell to the ground when he saw he was flying. "W-who are you?! How'd you get in here?! How are you floating?!" The questions just kept coming out of the young boy's mouth in a panicked frenzy.

Coral chuckled. "Shhh, quiet. We don't want your step-brother knowing I exist. My name is Coral. And from now on, I'm your fairy godfather!" he exclaimed, waving his wand. The words "Fairy Godfather" appeared in big red letters behind him with confetti sprinkled all around. "I'm supposed to grant your every wish! Within certain limits, of course. We have Da Rules to follow."

"O-oh...I see..." Ted replied, still not sure what to think of this. "Well, Nice to meet you, Coral. You probably already know this, but my name's Theodore Harrison, better known as Ted." After introducing himself, he felt a bit awkward, staying quiet for a minute. This feels so familiar...why? Shrugging the thought off, he thought about a first wish. "Well, first let's see what my limits are. I wish for a copy of Da Rules." he requested politely.

Coral proudly poofed up a large, purple book, and began reading it. "Well, there's lots of rules that you may learn as you begin to wish, but the basic rules you need to know in the beginning are A.) No wishing for love or wishing away true love. B.) You cannot give away the fact that I exist or else you'll lose me and all memory of me forever. C.) No winning competitions or wishing for lots of or even a little bit of money. That would be cheating and stealing."

"Okay, sounds reasonable... what about granting yourself superpowers? And if so, is there a limit to that?" Ted wondered. He enjoyed reading the occasional comic book throughout his life, with superheroes and supervillains and all that. From the Crimson Chin (and Cleft, the boy chin wonder) to The Scarlet Rapier to Crash Nebula. As such, he wondered what it would be like to have superpowers.

Last edited:
"Well, yes, except that if you're too powerful and are unwilling--or if you make something or someone else too powerful or unwilling--to give up those powers, then you can't wish them--or yourself--back to normal," Coral explained, shrugging. "So, what'll it be?" he asked. He was glad that his first godchild was such a polite young boy.

"Let me think..." Ted muttered, mulling over so many options. "I guess for starters, I wish for a pizza, a liter of root beer soda, and a couple of plastic cups. I didn't really get a chance to finish my dinner tonight, and I'm kinda hungry." He then gave it some more thought. "If you want some, I'd be willing to share."

"No need to!" Coral exclaimed, waving his wand and giving Ted everything he had asked for. On a corner, a foldable table appeared with steaming hot pizza, a single paper plate, some plastic silverware, and a couple of plastic cups next to a bottle of root beer. "Careful, though, the pizza's hot. I presume you're alright with plain cheese pizza? I don't quite know your favorites just yet..."

Ted hungrily took a slice and bit into it, relishing in it's deliciousness. "It's perfect!" he complimented, pouring himself a cup of root beer. Once he had his fill, he looked to Coral. "This is incredible... I mean, all this time, I thought Fairy Godparents were just a myth, something too good to be true! But now that I've seen it with my own eyes, I...I-I just don't know what to say!" He then paused in the middle of his astonished banter when a fact clicked into his head. "Wait, if I'm supposed to keep you a secret, we might want to consider getting that figured out..." Once more his mind whirred as he began working together a plan to keep Coral hidden. "If you have magic on your side, I assume that includes shapeshifting?"

Coral nodded. "That's right! And I know of a teacher at your school. Mr. Crocker, right? Well, he might be a bit of an issue now. Oh, you thought he was crazy when he was talking about Fairy Godparents, didn't you? Well, now you might have to rethink that thought. Anyway, anything in particular you want me to change into so that I won't be suspicious?" he asked, twirling his wand and catching it skillfully. "I do like me a good puppy. Heck, maybe even a bird. I think a bird would be nice." With that, he turned into a small, red canary. "Of course, it's up to you. I'm just excited. This is my first time being a Fairy Godparent and I want to do it right!" Coral exclaimed excitedly, quickly regaining his composure afterward.

"Huh, the red plumage does suit you." Ted chuckled. "However, Crocker isn't the only issue now. There's someone we need to especially watch out for: my stepbrother Leonardo." His smile slightly faded as he said the name. "I might have you on my side now, but we have to be extra careful around him. Let me put it this way; Vicky might still be babysitting these days, but her career and reputation took an enormous hit because of him. She thought he was just another kid seven years back, but she constantly played into his hands. He made it clear he was better than her, and broke her mind and spirit within the first week." He shuddered as he recalled the defeat written on Vicky's face when she promised herself never to babysit at this house again. "He's a genius every way to Sunday, and if he gets suspicious...there's a very good chance our time together will be short."