• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
(OOC: Go here for the discussion thread --> https://pokecharms.com/threads/the-fairly-oddparents-magic-mania.17699/)

Hope walked back into her bedroom, throwing her backpack on the floor and flopping over onto her bed, sighing. She may have gotten some decent grades in school, but the students laughed at her when she was humiliated by the school bully, Serena. After that, she had chores to do and that didn't go well.

On the plus side, she saved a kitten from a tree. But that kitten lashed out at her because it was scared and now Hope's face was red and slashed.

She sniffed sadly. She didn't know what to do!

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a big, loud POOF! erupted in her room, where a stage and several rotating, colored lights all showed the silhouette of a floating...

person?!

Confetti dropped all around her out of nowhere.

"Hi there! I'm Crystal! And I'm your fairy godmother!" a voice exclaimed.

Out of nowhere, the words FAIRY GODMOTHER appeared behind a small, young woman with bright blue hair, blue eyes, and a beautiful purple and blue dress. She beamed at Hope and gave more surprising, loud, celebratory noises and visuals.

Hope blinked, surprised. "Whoa whoa whoa, what?! I have a fairy godmother?!"

Crystal crossed her arms and smiled. "Well, yeah! I'm here to grant you any wish you want, as long as it fits into 'Da Rules'."

Hope tilted her head. "'Da Rules'?"

"Yep!" A large, purple book labeled DA RULES appeared over Crystal's head and squashed her. Crystal winced. "Oops. But yeah. Those are da rules. We have to follow them, or else the head fairy, Jorgen VonStrangle, will have our heads. And wings, crowns, and wands," Crystal added with a shudder.

Hope emerged from underneath the book and opened it up. "'No wishing to break up true love, no wishing for money, counterfeit, or other shenanigans like that...'"

Crystal blinked and hovered over behind Hope. "Wait, does it really say that?"

Hope nodded. "Yeah, in those exact words," she said, pointing to the page.

Sure enough, it said that in bright purple marker.

"Huh," Crystal said. "I've always just memorized da rules."

Hope closed the book and Crystal poofed it away. "So what am I supposed to do now? The book said you have to stay hidden, right?"

Crystal nodded. "Yep! So..." She poofed into a light blue cat, licking her paw. "I'm going to be your cat from now on!"

"But my parents will get suspicious!" Hope exclaimed.

Crystal shrugged. "Relax. You parents don't need to know I'm here. If they find me, it's safer that they don't know I'm a fairy. And besides, I'm here to make your life better! You should be happy!"

Hope hesitated. "Um... h-how about I start low-key? Can I have a chocolate bar?" she asked.

Crystal poofed a chocolate bar into Hope's hand. It was her favorite kind, Krunchy Munchy. "Wow, thanks!" Hope exclaimed, digging in.

Crystal smiled. "I think we'll end up good friends," she said, rubbing up against Hope's leg.

Hope giggled. "I hope so!" she exclaimed. She couldn't wait for tomorrow!

Last edited:
"So, starting tomorrow, then? Understood. Just give me the address and your number, and I'd be happy to look after your children." Leonardo stated over the phone as he took out a pen and notepad. He had a feeling he was being watched as he scribbled the information down, and he glanced over to the entrance of the living room to find Theodore leaning against the wall, his eyes fixed on the stepbrother. "Alright, nice doing business with you. I'll be there at 6 o'clock sharp." After hanging up, Leo looked over to Theodore. " So, Teddy, how long've you been listening in?" he asked in an icy voice.

"Not very long." Theodore answered, "Just enough to know you're babysitting someone tomorrow evening." The two of them sat down at a table and set up a game of Chess.

"And with Mother and Stepfather dearest out of the house for the week, you'll have to come with me." Leo chuckled, moving a pawn.

"Let me guess. You're going to warn me not to get in your way or you'll beat me within an inch of my life." Ted predicted. It was the same speech all the time. Whenever he got an odd job, he would drag Ted along to "help" him and give the same warning. He moved a knight into position.

"You're getting sharper." Leo said. He navigated his bishop across the board.

"And you're getting predictable." Ted retorted. He roughly moved a pawn forward, getting annoyed by that dominating smile of his. "So, tomorrow, right?"

"Yes." Leo said. He then moved his bishop again. "Checkmate." He got up and walked out of the room as Theodore stared at the board, a bead of sweat running down his head as he dreaded what tomorrow would bring. Not just for him, but whatever poor soul Leo now had under his thumb.

Last edited:
Hope found herself in her bedroom, hands covered in chocolate and head full of several flower crowns. She giggled. "I wish this was all cleaned up!" she exclaimed.

Crystal waved her wand, returning the chocolate mess back to normal. Hope remained with one flower crown and no chocolate-covered smudges all over her body.

"This is awesome! You're my fairy godmother, I'm so happy!" Hope exclaimed, hugging her new fairy.

"Aw, I love you too, kitten!" Crystal beamed, hugging her back.

"Kitten?" Hope asked, eyes glimmering with curiosity.

"I use nicknames based on what I turn into, just roll with it," she chuckled.

Hope giggled. "Okay! I guess it's time for me to go to sleep now, though."

"That'll be tough with all of that chocolate," Crystal told Hope.

"Well, yeah, but I still gotta try. Besides, what's gonna go wrong? Now that you're my fairy godmother, I don't have anything to worry about tomorrow at school!" Hope exclaimed.

Crystal shrugged and poofed into a light blue cat, jumped onto Hope's bed, and cuddled up with her under the covers. She poofed the lights off. "Good night, Hope."

"Night Crystal..." Hope murmured, quickly falling asleep despite the chocolate.

The next morning, Hope stretched and woke up at seven o'clock. "Man, I had the weirdest dream last night..." she told herself. "There was a light blue cat, a fairy godmother, and--"

"Morning!" her blue, talking cat told her.

Hope screeched in surprise, leaping out of her bed and dragging her blanket with her. She was now a blanket lump on the floor. She glanced at her bed. "Oh! Crystal! So it wasn't a dream?"

Crystal poofed into her fairy form. "Yes, I know, it's always tough on first-timers, but you'll get used to it! Anyway, it's a new day, so it's time to wish away!" she exclaimed, holding up her wand and changing Hope into her normal clothes. "So what'cha need, kitten?"

Hope thought for a moment, but shook her head. "Nothing for now. Just poof into your cat form and let's go to school," she told Crystal.

Now, her cats were outdoor cats, so that meant it didn't look suspicious when Crystal left with her to Dimmsdale Elementary School. At least, not when they were leaving. When they arrived at school, Crystal went into a bush and turned into a flower pin. Hope took Crystal and pinned her to her shirt, then went into the school and sat down in Mr. Crocker's class.

Of course. The one teacher she didn't have to worry so much about because he was obsessed with fairies she now DID have to worry about because she has a fairy. Great.

"What's wrong, kitten?" Crystal whispered, noticing Hope's crestfallen face.

"Mr. Crocker. At first, I didn't think much of him, but he's a crackpot who's obsessed with fairies. We oughtta be careful around him," Hope told her fairy.

Crystal nodded. "Gotcha."

There were rumors that there was a boy named Timmy Turner here about ten years ago who used to have fairies, but Mr. Crocker never spoke of the boy. Either way, not many people seemed to believe those old schooltales, but Hope realized that since she had a fairy godparent, that might actually be true. There was also something about a talking dog and bouncy ball, but Hope didn't know much about that.

She might have to ask Crystal later. Anyway, she glanced around the classroom. Her classmates were all here, but she didn't quite meet many of them. She had always been rather shy at first. Perhaps today could be the day she mustered up the courage to talk to them?

Ted said nothing to Leo as they pulled up in front of the school in the latter's custom-made car. "Alrighty, Teddy. We're here." Leo chimed.

"Can you please stop calling me that?" Ted growled as he grabbed his backpack and lunch. "Or, if you must, just Ted will do."

"Aww, but Teddy sounds so cute." Leo sneered, giving that look that said 'Remember who has all the cards.' Ted simply scoffed and got out of the car, watching as it drove off.

"One day, 'brother'...One day." He muttered under his breath as he entered the school. All around, various students of Dimmsdale Elementary were discussing various things, like video games or movies. When he reached the display case, he paused a moment to look at a trophy entitled to someone named A.J. for winning a tri-county science fair. He then went into the classroom, taking the desk next to Hope's. He knew who the girl was. The same one that was made fun of by Serena yesterday. Feeling sorry for her, he decided to talk with her, and hopefully cheer her up. "Uh...hey." he said to Hope.

Last edited:
Hope turned her attention to Teddy, surprised someone bothered to talk to her. "Um... h-hi...?" she said, voice cracking awkwardly.

Crystal had been smiling nonstop in order to give the boy the slip that Hope was simply wearing a pin with a smiley face on it, but she couldn't help shifting herself to take a better look at the boy. He seemed friendly enough.

Ted smiled when Hope responded. "So, uh...I'm sorry about what happened yesterday between you and Serena. She's a real pain, isn't she?" He said awkwardly. He then cleared his throat. Then again, she probably doesn't want to remember that day...He mentally reminded himself. "My name's Theodore, but my dad calls me Ted. Nice to meet ya." He held out his hand as he said this, a slightly nervous smile on his face.

Hope hesitated before shyly shaking his hand, too. Her hand was smaller than his, and colder. But she smiled warmly, nonetheless. "It's, erm, nice to meet you. I'm Hope, but I guess you know already, huh?"

Crystal dared to raise an eyebrow. Serena? Who was that?

"Eh, sorta." Ted said, giving a nervous laugh. He could've sworn her pin's facial expression... changed? Nah, just my imagination... He dismissed. Then, a piece of chalk pelted his head, snapping his attention back to Mr. Crocker at the front of the classroom.

"If you're so confident in your education you find no need to pay attention, perhaps you'd like to answer this next problem, Mr. Harrison." he said in that odd voice as he wrote down a seemingly complex problem. "Your answer?"

"It might seem difficult sir, but if you remember the order of operations and break it down, you get the answer of 24." Ted answered.

"Correct, but a B for lack of detail." Crocker said before moving on.

(if you have a problem with me controlling crocker, just let me know, okay?)

Last edited:
(Nah, it's cool.)

Hope turned back to Mr. Crocker. "That's Mr. Crocker," she whispered in a super-hushed voice to Crystal. "He's a mean teacher who likes failing kids for no reason. And he's obsessed with fairies."

"Oh, I know about him," Crystal whispered back in a somehow quieter voice. "He's famous for making the most famous godchild, Timmy Turner's, life a living nightmare. Timmy Turner is now twenty, but he was allowed to keep his fairies because he was a special case. He needed to grow up sometime, but he didn't want to lose his fairies, so the Fairy Council made an exception towards him."

Hope stiffened and Crystal quickly realized she should stop talking. They didn't want to attract Ted's attention.

Ted raised an eyebrow, but kept quiet, not wanting to hurt Hope's feelings. He turned back to the lecture at hand, occasionally taking notes and showing them to Hope to help her keep up.

"And so, class, what do you believe is the best way to fix the world as it is now?" Crocker asked.

"World Peace?" A student asked.

"An end to world hunger?" another asked.

"BOTH WRONG!" Crocker yelled, "It's making me the ruler of it, once I capture a FAIRY GOD PARENT!" As he shouted the last phrase, he went into a cartoonish spasm that almost made Ted laugh. He always enjoyed those moments of physics-defying insanity, because as cruel as he was being a teacher, at least Crocker's "condition" was enough to get a chuckle out of.

Hope sighed. "Ya see what I mean?" she asked Crystal, a little louder than she intended.

Crystal would've nodded, but she was a pin, so she had to stay silent. When she realized she had begun to frown, she began smiling again, so much that her mouth began to hurt.

Hope raised her hand. "Mr. Crocker, why do you believe so much in fairy godparents? A lot of people don't believe you. Do you have proof of their existence?" she asked, hoping that if she fed Mr. Crocker's ego, he wouldn't go after her.

"The proof's been everywhere, right in front of your eyes this whole time!" Crocker raved, his eyes going bloodshot with insanity and almost bulging through his glasses as he zipped right up to Hope's desk. "Think about it! Haven't you noticed any strange phenomena or events occuring among the town of Dimmsdale? Dinosaurs and monsters wreaking havoc in the town, Superheroes jumping out of the pages of their comic books, along with super villains? How about Mrs. Turner guessing the weather correctly without consulting any other staff?" he peered into the girl's eyes. "A bit strange, don't you think?"

Hope furrowed her eyebrows, confused. "I don't remember any of that," she said. But of course she didn't. All those events happened ten years ago and she was only one year old at the time.

Crystal remembered, but she remained stagnant and didn't move a muscle.

"Oh right, I forgot that was years ago..." Crocker contemplated, tapping his graying head. "Alright, then, Miss Hope, here's a bonus homework assignment: Ask around town if they've spotted any strange on-goings back about ten years. I'm certain they'll recall something out of the ordinary." He then noticed the pin. "Wait a minute..." He peered into Hope's eyes. "Why do you ask that I'm obsessed with FAIRIES!" he asked, spasming again on that last word. Before he could get an answer out of her, however, a textbook fell from Ted's desk onto Crocker's foot. The teacher screamed in pain as Ted scrambled out of his seat.

"I-I'm so sorry, Mr. Crocker! I didn't see that there!" He stammered. Crocker simply replied with a rage filled glare.

"That drops your grade for today to a C, Harrison! Any more of these schenannigans and I'll make it an F!" he yelled, "And I don't want to do that to one of my brightest pupils."

"Y-yes sir. Sorry, sir." Ted replied.

Hope gave Ted an apologetic look. "I-I was just curious is all, Mr. Crocker. Your... love for fairies is bound to have some root to it. I mean... I believe you," she said, hoping her smile was convincing and sympathetic. "Besides, if something like this did happen, I think it would be pretty interesting to look into it!"

Crystal hoped for dear goodness that Hope knew what she was doing. Because if not, Crystal and Hope might not have each other for very long.

"Well...alright then. But we shouldn't dawdle on FAIRIES!" Crocker said, "After all, it's my duty to teach you children, and I don't want another poor evaluation." He then went back to the chalkboard. "Alright, class, let's get back in business! As Mr. Harrison correctly stated, the answer to this problem is 24. But he didn't mention how he reached that answer, so we shall analyze it-" Just then, a bell rang, and the students poured out of the room. "...right...after lunch, I suppose..." Crocker finished.

The cafeteria was packed with other students of Dimmsdale Elementary. Ted chose a table that wasn't taken and saved a spot next to him for Hope, inviting her over. "I gotta admit, as cruel and insane as Crocker is, those spasms he does are pretty entertaining." He laughed.

Hope furrowed her eyebrows. "I don't think it's very nice to make fun of him like that. Even if he's cruel to everyone, there's gotta be a good reason why he does what he does. Maybe fairies DO exist, you never know. Of course, neither do I, but still. I gotta humor him somehow. He mentioned something that happened around five years ago, didn't he? Wasn't that around the time Timmy Turner was here?"

Crystal had to give Hope props for being a good actress. But they needed to go over some ground rules at home, just to keep everything clear.

"Er...sorry..." Ted said, looking a bit shameful. "Don't get me wrong, I actually think he does an okay job at being a teacher occasionally." He then thought on Hope's question. "Hmmm, I don't know for sure. I don't even know this Timmy Turner all that well. I did, however, hear of his perfect attendance award." Reaching into his lunch box, he pulled out an apple with a note taped to it:

Dear Teddy,
Remember I need you to come right home after school today.
From Leo.
P.S: Remember last night's little chat.

Hope noticed the note and smiled, not having actually read it. "Note from your parents? Lucky. I don't get anything like that from mine."

While Hope waited for Ted to respond, Crystal couldn't help feeling bad for Hope, especially seeing the garbage that was being served as lunch and falsely labeled "food".

"He's not my father, he's my stepbrother." Ted said, his eyes reflecting a glimmer of hatred. "And trust me, there's no such luck living with him." noticing the slop on Hope's tray, Ted felt a bit bad. "If you want, we can share my lunch." he offered.

(Short response, I know, but I try not to make my posts drag on any longer than necesarry, and I don't think any extra detail is needed here.)

(That's fine. I feel the same way, but I still try to keep them a bit longer for fear of breaking Da Rules of the website :p )

"Oh..." Hope muttered. She glanced at her food and grinned. "Nah, it's okay. Actually, I'm not that hungry," she told Ted, then under her breath, "At least, I wish I wasn't."

Understanding completely, Crystal granted her wish. Hope no longer felt hungry. Grinning, Hope held up one finger. "Actually, I snuck in a good snack while Mr. Crocker wasn't looking, so I'm totally fine! I'm just gonna go throw away my lunch if that's okay with you, then I'll be back, okay?" she asked, turning and leaving.

"Alright." Ted said with a smile. He then took out what appeared to be a smart phone and set it down. "Lux, open the chess app." He commanded.

"As you wish, sir." The phone replied, and immediately, a game of chess opened on the screen. Then, a white piece moved, similar to the way Leo moves his first piece. Ted tapped a pawn and moved it forward two spaces, analyzing the strategy the CPU, or rather Lux, was employing.

Hope threw away her lunch and grinned at Crystal. "Thanks, Crystal," she told her fairy godmother. "I think I'm really gonna like how this turns out."

"Yeah, but be careful. Should the secret spill, no more wishes and no more fairy godmother, alright, Hope?" Crystal asked.

"Yeah--"

"Hey look, it's the goody-two-shoes know-it-all," came a snobby voice. Hope gasped and dropped her tray, whirling around. "Oh no..." she muttered. She clutched her sweater where her heart was without covering Crystal's face.

Serena. The ginger-haired, green-eyed, freckled-faced image of perfection. She sneered at Crystal and snatched her up by the collar. "Did you do my homework last night?" she asked.

Hope gasped. "I-I... n-no...? Y-you didn't ask me to! I'm sor--"

"Wrong answer!" Serena yelled, thrusting Hope into the nearby wall.

Hope curled up in a small ball on the floor by the wall, shielding herself and Crystal. She would've made a wish to make Serena stop attacking her, but she didn't want anyone getting suspicious.

Ted noticed the scene between Hope and Serena, and he didn't want a repeat of yesterday. "Lux, make a quick calculation for me." He ordered as he picked up a nearby cafeteria tray from the floor. Lux, who knew what his creator was thinking, quickly did so.

"Completed. Showing results." He said, a trajectory map showing on the screen. Ted glanced at it, and carefully tossed the tray like a frisbee, adding a bit of a curve to it as it flew toward Serena's head. (whether it hits or misses is up to you, Sylvia)

Hope cowered in fear while Serena towered over her. Unfortunately, a loud 'KLONK' could be heard when Serena was pretty much sliced in the head with a frisbee tray. Serena rubbed her head and glared all around the lunchroom, gaining everyone's attention.

"WHO THREW THAT?!" She screeched through the echoing room. "ANSWER ME!"

Hope took that opportunity to escape, but two popular boys had been standing beside Serena, one of whom trapping Hope in an armlock. The other sneered and glanced at her pin. "Aw, look. Hope has a cute new pin today. I wonder what would happen if I took it?"

Hope's eyes widened. "No!" she exclaimed. "It's my favorite pin, don't take it!"

Crystal glared at the boy, who disregarded it and reached his hand for her. When he got close enough, Crystal bit his finger, causing him to flinch and pull back. "Ouch! It hurts!"

Hope struggled to think of an excuse. "Um... Um... It's charged with electricity...?" she stuttered.

"That's the least of your concerns!" Ted shouted. He was now standing on the table he and Hope were eating at, a small stack of trays at his side. "You should be more concerned with me. Now give the pin back to the girl, and back away from her." He smirked as he looked at the bump on Serena's head. "Or do you want me to introduce ANOTHER tray to your head?"

Serena growled and snapped her fingers. the boys let go of Hope and Hope refastened Crystal to her shirt before standing up and backing away from them, running to the furthest possible corner before swerving back to Ted.

The boys pounded their fists and growled, coming towards Ted. "You don't wanna mess with us, kid," one of the boys said lowly.

"Yeah. So make like a whisk and beat it," the other snarled. "You don't wanna mess with us."

Hope shivered. "I-I wish Serena and the boys were busted by a teacher!" she exclaimed.

(Crocker's turn! :p )

Suddenly, Crocker poofed right into the room. "What?! How'd I get here!?" He exclaimed, looking around. "I was eating a turkey sandwich a moment ago! It could only be the work of-" He then noticed the two boys about to attack Ted. "HEY! YOU TWO! STOP HARASSING THAT STUDENT!" he shouted angrily, "OR IT'S AN F AND DETENTION!" Ted slumped off the table while he was focused on the boys to avoid getting into trouble. "Now then," the scrawney teacher stated as he approached the boys and Serena. "What's going on here?"

Last edited:
Serena began fake-sobbing. "S-sir, that boy and his girlfriend were harassing me... My friends were only protecting me! You can't blame them!"

Hope's eyes widened. "What?! That's not what happened at all!" she exclaimed incredulously.

Crocker looked over at Ted, his face crimson with rage as he made his way toward the boy standing on the table. His pupils had shrunk to the size of pinpricks, and there were flecks of spittle in the corners of his mouth. "My room...NOW!" were the only words he could mutter. Ted hesitated, looking toward Hope with a worried expression before shuffling out of the room. "And as for you three," He addressed Serena and her henchmen, "No fighting is tolerated under ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. Your daily grade is going down for this, and I will notify your parents!" After that frenzied fit, he walked back toward the door. "Now what was it I was about to say when I got here...? Eh, I forgot..." He then left the room.

Hope gasped. "Oh no! Bad idea! I wish Ted could figure out a way to get himself out of trouble! Like convincing Mr. Crocker of what really happened!"

Crystal waved her wand until it glowed yellow, then quickly hid her hand when Serena came close to Hope, smirking.

"I do hope you realize that your boyfriend is toast," Serena told her.

"He's not my boyfriend! And he has a name!" Hope exclaimed, steaming at Serena, before realizing she had spoken out of turn and cowering again.

Serena, however, didn't blow up at her. Instead, she held up two tape recorders. She pressed one. "He's--" Hope's voice said. Then the other. "--my boyfriend!" "You don't want these to go to the principal, do you? You know how the teachers get about girlfriends and boyfriends in Dimmsdale Elementary."

Hope whimpered, not daring to say another word as Serena whipped her hair. "Yeah. Didn't think so. Now you'd better start on my homework. It's due after lunch."

Hope scrambled to the lunch table and pulled out papers of empty homework, which she had originally printed for studying, and filled out the homework as quickly as she could.

Serena, satisfied with her work, flipped her hair and strutted off, her boys following her.

The doors opened before Serena reached them, and the hunchbacked teacher with an ear on his neck was standing there, a dark look on his face. "So, I was shown a rather interesting recording of you all initiating the...event that took place, taken by our security camera." he hissed to them. He then took Ted's device and showed them the captured footage. "Care to explain?"

Serena and the boys stood in shock. Hope quickly scribbled down her homework. "Mr. Crocker!" she exclaimed, running over to him with the homework in hand. "I finished Serena's homework! Please don't be too harsh on her!"

Serena slapped her face with her hand. Hope was so dead!

Hope flinched. "U-um, I-I mean... it's my homework?"

No it wasn't. It clearly had Serena Squires written on the corner in Hope's handwriting.

Ted stepped forward with a glare, but Crocker placed a hand out in front of him, silent as stone as he witnessed the scene unfolding. "Serena, you and your friends are to join me on a walk to Principal Waxaplax's room. We need to talk about this...uncouth behavior. Now march." There was real anger in his voice, and Ted was surprised he didn't explode then and there.

Last edited:
Serena growled and glared at Hope before leaving, followed hastily by her entourage. Hope glanced at the homework in her hands. "Wait, so no one's taking this homework?! What'd I do it for, then?!" she exclaimed.

Crystal let out a couple of snickers before quieting down and returning to her smiling I'm-an-innocent-pin face.

"I'll uh...take that." Crocker said, taking the work out of her hand before following the three bullies out. Before he left, he turned over to them. "And, maybe I'd be willing to let you two eat in my class from now on, so you don't have to worry about them." he added reluctantly. "But don't get any crazy ideas about me from this." With that, he left, and Ted smiled.

"Well, quite a day, huh?" He laughed, mostly out of relief than humor. "Definitely now how I thought it'd go down."

Hope sighed. "Yeah, me neither. Usually, it's the same cycle: Wake up, eat breakfast, be ignored, go to school, suck up to Mr. Crocker, have an awful lunch, go back to class, miss the bus home because of Serena, then go home and do my homework and hers. Mr. Crocker gives us so much homework it gives me a headache... But I didn't think Mr. Crocker would do something cool for us like that..."

"Geez, that sounds rough..." Ted said, his eyes widened slightly from the pain Hope went through every day. His shocked expression then turned into a compassionate smile as he put a hand on Hope's shoulder. "Well, on the bright side, now we've got each other to make the day a bit more bearable." he reasoned, "Right?" Once more, he held out his hand.

Hope found herself staring into Ted's eyes, surprised that he offered his hand. Grinning, she accepted his handshake. "Yeah," she said. "I guess you're right."

Crystal grew a little bit worried. What if Hope would become happier with Ted to the point that she didn't need her as a fairy godmother anymore? She knew that she shouldn't be so worried about that. It'd be better if Hope was happy, but for once, she hoped that she could bond with a godchild the same way that Wanda and Cosmo bonded with Timmy Turner. Heck, they're still out there, living and roaming around in Fairy World. Timmy Turner was by far the only and oldest godchild to still have fairies and live in Fairy World at age 20.

Crystal frowned, glancing up worriedly at Hope. Would Hope still need Crystal even after Hope has made one friend?

Eventually, the hours at class ended, and Ted made sure Hope was on the bus before Serena could prevent it. "So, what do you like doing in your free time?" he asked Hope as the bus drove down the street. Deep down, he dreaded having to return home to his stepbrother, and he wanted any sort of conversation to distract him from that one fact. His eyes flicked toward the window occasionally, making her nervousness a bit obvious.