• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
Coral sighed. "I love Crystal, but I also really like reading and writing. I'm a pretty big fan of creating things, as well. I know Crystal's a sculpture artist, so I've been sort of giving the visual arts a try, but I've always been more of a theater person. It's just fun! And what the humans have done in theater is very inspiring and fascinating. Of course, fairy theater is different from human theater, but the amount of effort that goes into it is exactly the same."

"Ah, I see. So what's different between them?" Ted asked. "Who knows? Maybe we can work on our own theatre project to pass the time."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Leo was making his way home from his Student Council meeting. It had been quite successful, all things considered. He managed to convince the remaining council to up their anti-bullying movement in order to further supress and stomp out any such activity on the school grounds. However, as he looked up from his thoughts, he noticed a group of teenagers waiting for him. "Ah, Dallas. Here to congratulate me for a job well done?" He asked, smiling as he stopped in front of the most feared bully in Dimmsdale High. "Well, I'm flattered, but-"

"You know why I'm here, Harrison. I want you to bury that anti-bullying act you put up." The larger teen snarled. Behind him, one of his goons repeatedly punched his open hand menacingly. "How are me and my boys gonna have fun if you keep spoiling it? Now either get rid of that policy, or we'll turn you into a sidewalk stain!" Dallas grinned at first, but his smile vanished when he heard Leo laughing. "What's so funny?!"

"Oh, you know, I just find it amusing when some foolish ignoramus thinks he's intimidating." Leo replied with a chuckle. He then added the following when he saw Dallas's confused reaction: "I was calling you an idiot." Dallas quickly lashed out, but Leo redirected the blow, grabbed the larger teen's arm, and used his opponent's momentum to send him into the nearby brick wall, which Dallas collided with face first. As the lug slumped to the ground, Leo turned to the remaining three, an Icy glare in his eyes and a wide smile across his mouth. "Bear in mind...you brought this upon yourselves." he said, lunging at his terrified peers.

"Well, you see, with the difference, fairies have magic. In their theater projects, it's normal to fly around and have exquisite sets and props, which are sometimes even real. What makes our theater shows entertaining is the fact that we can transform and act as though it's really happening. With humans, even though you know that it's all fake, it's still entertaining because you understand the hard work put into them. But with fairies, most of our acting is done to a very extreme level. That's why I prefer human theater to fairy theater. It's really interesting to look at! Y'know, before I was a fairy godparent, I was a scriptwriter!" Coral exclaimed enthusiastically. He seemed to really love his old job. "And y'know... Crystal used to make many props for our shows! Until she graduated from Fairy Academy, that is. I was going to graduate Fairy Academy as a scriptwriter, but actually, after she became a fairy godparent and bonded with all of those little kids, I realized that even if I did scriptwriting as a hobby, I still wanted to make children happy. So that's why I'm here now."

"Wow..." Ted said, looking very impressed. "Seems you really have quite the resume, and it's nice to know you and Crystal can be together again." He then stood up and stretched a bit. "So do you still do scriptwriting as a side job?" he asked. "And...if you don't mind me asking, who's that Royce guy?"

Coral sighed. "Royce is my older brother. He's real annoying, thinks he's better than everyone else, and he's in charge of the facility of memory wipes. See, if you give me away to someone who doesn't have any magical interaction--or Mr. Crocker--then supposedly, you and the person to whom you revealed me would get their memories wiped. Unfortunately, there's been an issue with memory wiping lately, which means we have to be extra-careful around your step-brother. If I'm taken away, there's no chance of you getting another fairy godparent to replace me because you'll have been labeled as a kid incapable of being responsible with their fairy godparent."

"He sounds an awful lot like Leo, in that regard. Speak of the devil..." Ted sighed, noticing Leo walking up the street toward their house. "I wish we were in my room." He requested. "And while you're at it, you might want to get in disguise." He knew the risk of the secret getting out depended on whether or not he and Coral could outsmart Leo. If this was going to be a lasting relationship, he needed to come up with a plan to do so. If it were any time before, he would've felt he couldn't even approach that level of thinking. But now...he felt he could.

Coral waved his wand and immediately, they were in Ted's room. Coral disguised himself as the red pillow he was when he spent his first night with Ted. "Hey, is Leo babysitting for Hope today?" Coral whispered.

"No, he had a Student Council meeting today, so he couldn't. He usually has them once a week, and is open every other afternoon." Ted explained, opening his backpack and taking out his homework. "His goal is basically to achieve power over as many people as possible. It's why he chose babysitting as one of his side jobs, why he became the Student Council President at Dimmsdale High, and why he wants to enter the world of politics as an adult." As he spoke, Ted filled in a couple answers, looking over his work.

Coral transformed into a pencil and poofed next to Ted's paper. "Need any help?" he asked. "I'm not allowed to give you the answers by rule of Da Rules, but I can still help you with anything you're unsure about. There's no rule against teaching you."

"Well, this next one's pretty tough..." Ted said, reading the question to him: 'Mr. Jones and Mr. Laines are driving to the office they both work at. Mr. Jones is driving 50 miles per hour, and lives 20 miles away from the office. Mr Laines is driving 30 miles per hour, and lives 16 miles from the office. Who will arrive there first?' Tricky...what do you think, Coral? How should we go about this?"

(oh my god, I didn't think you'd actually throw a math problem at me ;-; )

Coral thought about it for a moment. "What kind of stuff does your teacher teach you in elementary school?! That's like, eighth grade math!" he exclaimed. "And I kinda forgot how to do that like, 1,000 years ago! Okay, um... can you explain the formula you need to use? I-if you know it, I mean... if not, I suppose I can try to figure it out myself..." He didn't seem very certain.

Last edited:
(Sorry...you want me to edit it?)

"Well, I guess Crocker's going for quality over quantity now..." Ted nervously chuckled, looking over his notes. "He's not giving out a ton of homework like he used to, instead, he's throwing harder questions at us. At least it only seems to be occasional..." he analyzed, looking over the other problems. "Anyways, I think he wants us to use proportions...so, if i just formulate this right..." he wrote down his work as he mulled it over in his head.

(Nah, I think I can figure this out... hopefully.)

Coral pondered a moment. "This doesn't seem like the kind of problem that requires proportions. If there were proportions, it would have one variable and then ask for the identity of the variable, while giving you two equal ratios. In one of those ratios, one of the numbers on either side is the variable, likely 'x', and then you have to solve for x. But I don't think that's what's happening here."

"Hang on... time is equal to distance divided by speed... so if I just readjust this...I think Mr. Jones would be the first since he has the lowest time amount." Ted reasoned, writing down his answer. "What do you think?" while he waited for Coral's response, he filled in the answers he knew he could do.

Coral shrugged. "You're really clever, Ted. If you think it's right and you've checked over your work, I'm going to agree with you. Besides, if it isn't right, I'm sure you can figure out what you did wrong and adjust your answer. That's how learning works, even in Fairy World." He smiled at his godson. It was nice having someone to talk to after a long time of studying and practicing difficult feats of magic.

"Mr. Jones and Mr. Laines are driving to the office they both work at. Mr. Jones is driving 50 miles per hour, and lives 20 miles away from the office. Mr Laines is driving 30 miles per hour, and lives 16 miles from the office. Who will arrive there first?"

Will talked to himself as he did his assigned homework while his genie lamp, and Barbara inside, rested on his desk. Barbara sat in her lamp's magical couch watching television and bored out of her mind.

"Man, there has got to be a better way to kill time." Barbara said to herself, before her magic senses went off and she took note of some magical signatures that had crossed into another world...one beyond the mortal ones. Barbara smirked at this.

Well, I've just found my entertainment.

Barbara would suddenly appear out of her magic lamp, smoke covering her as she turned to Will with a grin, who in turn began to cough and try to wipe the smoke away.

"B-barara! Can you not do that while I am working?" Will asked as Barbara laughed before she dispelled the smoke.

"Apologies, master. In any event I was wondering if I could have an hour or so to roam around outside my lamp. You know, catch the gentle breeze and get to know your town a little better." Barbara said as Will let out a sigh.

"Fine, just be back within the hour and no later. Also remember what I told you about using your magic to cause mischief." Will said as Barbara rolled her eyes and made a piece of paper appear out of thin air. She then made a pair of glasses appear before she began to read.

"Never, under any circumstances, am I to use my magic to cause misfortune or general mischief to others." Barbara read before she made the glasses and paper disappear.

"You know, if you used a wish to make it so I had to follow those rules you wouldn't have anything to be concerned over." Barbara pointed out as Will rolled his eyes.

"I shouldn't have to for something like this. It's basic trust, anyway just be careful and don't do anything stupid." Will said before he turned back to do his homework. Barbara rolled her eyes before she teleported to the magic realm she had sensed. Barbara grinned as she made that familiar flying eye-ball appear.

"Make sure you pick a place where you will not stand out." Barbara said as the eyeball nodded before it flew to the magic source Barbara had sensed; a smirk on her face.

This is gonna be fun...

Crystal and Hope flew through a world of magic and colors. Floating paintbrushes painted many beautiful paintings, video games floated here and there, waiting for someone to play a level, and floating paper, pencils, pens, and all sorts of other media and supplies floated around, presenting Hope with many options for hobbies.

"Wow!" Hope marveled, watching everything in awe. "This is all so cool! The painting looks amazing!"

"I'm a sculpture artist myself, so I can teach you a thing or two about that if you're interested," Crystal suggested.

"No way!" Hope exclaimed.

"Yeah! And a friend of mine is a theater scriptwriter! If you want, I could introduce you to him!" Crystal told Hope.

Hope thought for a moment, floating over to a pencil sketching a beautiful-looking dog. "I like the drawing. I'd like to try art!" She floated over to a video game console, then a floating notebook that was being written in by a pencil. It was a fictional story about fantasy and fun. "Oh, but I'd also like to play video games and try writing a story! I've always imagined characters and stuff! This all looks so cool! I wish I had angel wings to help me fly better!" she exclaimed.

Crystal waved her wand and white, fluffy wings sprouted from Hope's back, blooming like flowers. Hope flapped her wings and gained better control of her flight. "This is so cool! With you, I can do anything I want! Even with Da Rules at play!" Hope flew to a random orchestra playing music, with a floating baton conducting in the middle. "I'd really like to participate in the school band! But then there's other things I'd love to do, too! I could write music! I could code and make my own video games! I could animate and make cartoons or videos people could enjoy! I could do anything!"

Crystal floated alongside her. "You don't know about everything! There's so much you can do in the art department! There's painting, sculpting, clay models, fashion design, and so much more! You don't need to decide now, but remember, it's alright to have more than one hobby! Like me, for instance! I like being a fairy godmother, sculpting, and painting! I actually am a pretty good prop-maker behind the scenes of a theater! Who knows? Maybe I'll be making you props if you start acting!" She giggled in excitement, making Hope giggle too.

"I'm just so excited! This place is beautiful! Did you make it?" Hope asked.

Crystal shook her head. "I'm not that powerful, but I appreciate the confidence in me. Nah, this is the Land of Hobbies. It's where kids go to find their calling when they've been too oppressed to discover it themselves. I tend to go her a lot for inspiration."

Hope marveled. "Wow... It's beautiful, Crystal!"

Crystal smiled at her goddaughter. It was nice to know that Hope made a wish and that Crystal was able to make her happy.

Hope flew from hobby to hobby to see what interested her. Mostly, she liked the colorful stuff, but sketching seemed right up her alley as well. What amazed Crystal was that Hope seemed to enjoy artistic and literate endeavors equally as much. Not only that, but she had a slight interest in music as well, which was rather odd. Mostly, she had seen humans who were either artistic, literate, musical, or completely focused on politics, economics, science, math, engineering, or something else along those lines. There were some mixes, but it was hardly among both the fine arts-y side and the education-y side. Hope seemed to enjoy both. Crystal smiled wider. Hope was a unique girl, that much was for certain.

"Well, isn't this just touching..."

Barbara, having viewed what her eye was watching from a distance on a magic monitor, observed as Hope and Crystal had their little bonding moment in the magic world.

So this does confirm that the girl is one of those godchildren. That will only makes things more interesting, I'll observe them for a little bit longer, see if I can find anything else to note before heading back. I have plenty of time to myself...

Barbara would watch and, had to admit, it seemed the two were having a lot of fun. This was one area Fairies loved to brag superiority over genies; that they had real bonds and the happiness they provide their godchildren was something no wish from a genie's lamp could replicate.

Too bad this is destined not to last, if she only knew where this relationship was destined to end I doubt she'd be so happy and carefree. Whether it's due to a certain broken rule, one's own happiness or simply growing out of it, these relationships always end with faded memories...

Once he was finished with his homework and had put it away, Ted took out his copy of Da Rules and picked up where he left off when he was last reading them. "Hey Coral, quick question about these so-called 'secret wishes'. It says here all wishes need to be accounted for, or it could cause a massive catastrophe, but what if the wish was for something minor?" he asked his fairy godfather, showing him the page involving secret wishes.

(not planning on anything of the sort, but it's a question I actually had when I found a list of da rules on the fairly odd parents wikia, and I thought I'd apply it to Ted's natural curiosity about magic.)

Coral sighed. "It still needs to be accounted for. You never know if this little, minor wish could cause a large paradox in the future stemming from simple chain events. When a wish is made, it's processed through the Fairy World monitors that make sure that balance will remain intact and no secrets will be spilled on account of the fairies. And usually, there are memory wipers that could make that better. Unfortunately, recently, memory wipes have been low and their performance is decreasing, so it's much more crucial now that secret wishes are illegal. Everything needs to be there or else it all falls apart," he explained. "It's a tough job, being a fairy. Having all the magic in the world doesn't make you invincible. At least, to the prying eyes of human adults."

"I see..." Ted said, making a mental note of what Coral said. He then put the book away. He then sat down on his bed and took out his smartphone. "So, do fairies have video games back in Fairy World?" he asked, taking another smartphone out of a bin beneath his bed. "And if so, what kinds?"

(Btw, sorry for taking so long to reply. Things are getting busy over here.)

Coral chuckled. "You're starting to sound like an online survey," he told Ted. "But yeah, we do have video games. It's just that they're not as common. Who wants to stare at a screen all day when you've got magic that can poof up pretty much anything?" Coral pointed out, shrugging. He whipped out his wand and made a puppy appear out of thin air to prove his point. When the puppy began to bark, he quickly made it disappear, fearing Leo might hear.

(I honestly should've replied weeks ago. I'm sorry I didn't. Things got really busy, and what time I wasn't spending on school, I was spending doing something else. Kinda had a full schedule, ya know...)

"Well, sorry for being curious about a seemingly omnipotent force (rules aside, of course)." Ted laughed. Then he heard Leo coming upstairs. "Uh-oh. Brother alert!" he hissed loudly before there was a knock at his partially opened door.

"Ted, did Dante or Faust get into your room again?" Leo's voice asked from outside.

"No, Leo, I was just watching a video on my computer and an ad came on. I'll turn it down." Ted replied quickly.

"Alright, then..." Leo said, though he didn't sound fully convinced. When Ted heard the footsteps descending the stairs, he let out a sigh of relief.

Hurriedly, Coral turned into a pillow. When Leo had left, Coral also sighed in relief and spoke, though quiet, and didn't risk turning back into himself. "That brother of yours is trouble. However, a few wishes could make it easier to be around him, if you'd like," he told his godson. "It's already difficult to erase the memories of those not meant to find out about their fairy godparents as it is, but perhaps a little bit more magic..." After thinking about it, Coral realized how risky his idea was and decided against it. "No, I don't think that'll work. We just have to be extra-cautious." While he didn't like that thought, it was the only option they had at the moment.

(No worries. I've been getting busy, too. I understand.)

Barbara had figured she'd seen all she needed to see and with a snap of her fingers would make her leave as she teleported back into Will's room...and would see Will had fallen asleep on top of his finished homework assignment. Seems it took a lot out of him, among other activities today.

"Well, I see my master has had a full day." Barbara said as she had been ready to just pop back in her lamp, but as she glanced at the sleeping Will once more she thought it over before she let out a sigh.

"You're only doing this so he doesn't wake up with a headache and you are forced to do more work." Barbara mumbled to herself, an attempt to justify what she was about to do which involved transporting Will from his desk to the bed underneath the covers. Once that matter was done, Barbara would go back in her lamp for some late night reading while her master slept peacefully.

Hope and Crystal ended back up in Hope's room, both grinning joyously. "I found it! It's perfect!" Hope held up the sketch pad in her hands, gazing at it with wonder. "I like art! That's what I love! I love art!"

"Congratulations!" Crystal cheered. "You found your hobby!"

"I can't wait to tell--Oh, wait..." Hope's face fell. "I can't tell anybody, because I have to keep you secret..."

Crystal frowned. "Yeah, that's unfortunately something we have to learn to deal with..."

Hope glanced at the sketchpad sadly, then found herself nodding to herself. "I know. I'll hint it to him! I'll start drawing and he'll notice. He's really smart!"

Crystal beamed. "That's a great idea!"

Hope grinned. "I can't wait for tomorrow."

Crystal nodded, turning into a cat and brushing up against Hope's leg. "Me too," she said, purring to calm her goddaughter. "Me too."

"Actually, we could use a little of both suggestions. Just give me some time to mull over the details of this wish idea." Ted said, smiling a bit. He then noticed the time and picked up his copy of Da Rules with the intention to put it away, and paused. "By the way, what would happen if a copy of Da Rules was destroyed? Specifically a spare?" He asked, "Because given this might raise questions if Leo finds it, I think I know a perfect way to hide it."

Coral shrugged, making the book disappear. "There's a safety vault in Fairy World for all copies of Da Rules. Every time one is destroyed, another is created in its place and instantly replaces the one that's missing. It's done this way to stay stable. My vault is guarded by my brother, so it's totally safe to hide it. Whenever you want it, I can make it disappear or reappear where and whenever." He brought the book back in case Ted wanted to use it again.

(I can't believe I forgot about this RP for eight...months. I just hope it's not too late to revive it!)

"Okay, that's a relief." Ted said, checking the time. "One final question, Coral. Do you think Jorgan might listen if I asked him to come up with a way for fellow fairy godchildren to communicate, maybe even find some sort of way for them to do so on earth in secret? Or maybe it'd be safer to find a meeting place in fairy world." He pondered.

As he waited for Coral's response, he went behind the changing screen in his room, changed into his pajamas, and climbed into bed.