• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Explore the Bloka Region (Anime style) Discussion

Should there be Z-Moves?

• Yes, I want them now!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh wow, I never knew that rain dance only powers up water type moves only. I thought it was also like water sport where it weakens fire type moves too.

I am also going to maybe introduce a character near the battle that is currently going on, and if you want to know who she is that badly... I'll post her information down below once I'm finished.
She is Omega's sister, and well that should already give a huge clue to what Pokémon she is already.

Oh really... well I'm right then! :D
(That means water sport might be a bit useless then sadly.)

It's just so confusing for everyone since we all have our different positions on debating that. (I can get the game up for its description to really see if I need to.)

I don't often use wiki pages because they are very subjective. (Anyone can edit the page here.)

That's really the main reason why they are now frowned upon for getting sources...

Well alright, I've got my last character that will be officially the last one here. I'm going to introduce her where the battle is going on between some others. As always, if there's anything that needs to be discussed with me, please do so privately.

*Please note that I have two separate sections of information since Neptune can go into her other form. Although some things may remain the same, other things are significantly different about her. (Also, HD means Hyper Drive.)

Neptune (Baby Forme):
Name:
Neptune
Species: Oshawott
Appearance: Her fur is a rich orchid shade instead of it being sky blue, as her scalchop is pearly purple, while the energy blade that comes out from it is lightly purple. She also has some frizzy purple hair on her head, while her nose and ears are pink.
Backstory: She had been in a lab in Unova for a while, due to her disobedience to her previous trainers and her inability to normally evolve. She quickly escaped the lab and fled to the Bloka region, while she soon discovered a unique power within herself. She had gradually mastered her power after defeating some Team Rocket grunts and barely taking down a Skarmory that a Team Rocket Admin sent to pursue her for days on end.
Personality: She is gentle, outgoing, while she is also a social butterfly. She loves to meet new friends and see new places, while also keeping a careful eye on others, especially his brother.
Skills: She has the ability to transform into her HD Forme which grants a slight increase in power while also allowing her access to more powerful moves.
Other: She wears a light purple bandanna around her neck, as it has a symbol that represents her two forms uniting with each other.

Neptune (HD Forme):
Name:
Neptune
Species: Dewott
Appearance: Her fur around her waist is now a slightly darker purplish shade, while her two scalchops are also pearly purple, as the energy blade is slightly darker shade of purple now. She is now primarily pink, while her ears and nose are dark purple.
Backstory: When Neptune had discovered her HD Forme, she had abused her power at first, using it to win fights that she couldn't normally win. She quickly learned after being beatened by just a Bulbasaur that she could only use the power for good, as she has now sworn by her promise to never use it for greed, or for her own devious goals.
Personality: She is more mature, while her voice is also slightly deeper than her Baby Forme. She is extremely watchful of her brother now, as she will do anything to protect him. She can be stern at times, but her outgoing nature is still retained.
Skills: She has the ability to use more powerful moves, as her major skill is being able to deflect some attacks. However, she does mess up occasionally, which can backfire on her.
Other: She still has on her light purple bandanna, while she can also revert back into her Baby Forme at her own will. However, she will revert back immediately if she runs out of power, or if her HP runs out.

you guys do know that it's against Pokecharms rules to decide whether your attack hits the opponent or not. That counts as godmodding or autoing or whatever. Only the person that is getting attacked decides if they attacked or not

Yep. Rain dance only powers water moves, not make fire moves worse.
Note: Here are all the effects of rain dance

• The power of Water-type moves increases by 50%. (You were right about that)
  • The power of Fire-type moves and SolarBeam decreases by 50%. (You were wrong about that)
  • The accuracy of Thunder and Hurricane rises to 100%. (Doesn't really matter, already going by Anime Logic)
  • In Diamond/Pearl only, Thunder has a 30% chance to break through Protect and Detect. (See above)
  • Pokemon with the ability Dry Skin recover 1⁄8 of their max HP each turn. (Also not important, unless one of our Pokemon has Dry Skin)
  • Pokemon with the ability Swift Swim double their speed. (Also not important, unless one of our Pokemon has Swift Swim)
  • The move Weather Ball changes to Water type and doubles in power. (Does not matter, None of us have Castform, the Pokemon known to use this move, and it can get pretty complicated)
  • The moves Synthesis, Morning Sun and Moonlight recover 1⁄4 of the user's max HP instead of 1⁄2 HP normally. (Again, Anime Logic so this does not matter)
Also:
Pokemon Showdown only uses the correct data, and is run by smogon, so checking there is the best option.
Or smogon.
Ok, i'll show you on showdown, (This is getting a tad bit excessive but still)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/1v1-481495668 (1v1 replay: Hillaryforprison16 vs. SMRPG64 - Pokémon Showdown)
I know it does not actually say it anywhere, but when you put your mouse over the Rain Dance thing, it will say "Reduces Fire Power by 50%"

Alright well that is surely the full on facts that rain dance has. I'm going to probably post right now, or a little later, but man there is some chaos going on in a particular RP here.

New character!(wont appear much, just to test Soras a few times before the league)
Name: Blaze Elm
Goal: to be the strongest trainer, and beat Soras At every turn.
Appearance: dark coat, white hair, red boots, blue trousers.
Other:dosen't care about his pokemon and their health.
Pokemon:
Charizard: destroyer, very violent, moves are:fire blast, blast burn, flamethrower, dragon claw.
Aron: header, very afraid and bullied, moves are: headbutt, iron head, hone claws, dig.
Beldum: masher, is always bored, move is take down.
trainercard-blaze elm.png

Soras true goal: To beat Blaze at a league.

Last edited:
you guys do know that it's against Pokecharms rules to decide whether your attack hits the opponent or not. That counts as godmodding or autoing or whatever. Only the person that is getting attacked decides if they attacked or not
Apologies if i did that. If i have i might fix it at some point.
Well i'm really lazy
[Edit] I wont be active in the rp for a little (long) while, as it wouldn't make sense really, i mean findlay's mother hasn't seen him for about 2 months, and he's only 12.

Should be back at around Dunt or Tomb city.
[edit edit] Might pop in for little bit's. Haven't quite decided yet.
So for now i'll be inactive in the actual rp but not this page.

Last edited:
Sorry guys for the inactivity recently. I've been really busy...and I've been playing Sun obviously:p
Anyway, I've caught up with the RP, Ironically. So this is the trainer card for the Lopya City Gym Leader.
413797_trainercard-Marge.png

Aipom: Focus Punch, Swift, Shadow Claw, Agility
Lopunny: Return, Jump Kick, Thunder Wave, Quick Attack

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in Grioru city still. Think I'm gonna force my character to stay there for another day or two. But we will see how that goes.