• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Explore the Bloka Region (Anime style) Discussion

Should there be Z-Moves?

• Yes, I want them now!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aipom has a ghost type move, herpy-derp.
Come on, its Anime Logic, also I was thinking that too, Aipon could be a major threat due to Anime logic, where speed is basically everything. Its Agility can allow it to get close and strike with both Focus Punch and Shadow Claw, while also being able to bombard us with swift from a distance

Nope, Kane Lawson is in Lopya city.
Yes, I ended up destroying the pokemon centre using a Torkoal's explosion (XD)
@JohnsonAce, your going a bit quick for the rest of us, while the journey from Quiontio or whatever to Cronk was pretty short, we spent at least two pages on the road to Griou, and a further two helping a hurt blitzle or something, i like the slow pace the RP is moving at, and all of a sudden blowing up the Centre before the rest of us can even enjoy the scenery in the PREVIOUS CITY! is moving a bit too fast, at least for me.

Come on, its Anime Logic, also I was thinking that too, Aipon could be a major threat due to Anime logic, where speed is basically everything. Its Agility can allow it to get close and strike with both Focus Punch and Shadow Claw, while also being able to bombard us with swift from a distance

@JohnsonAce, your going a bit quick for the rest of us, while the journey from Quiontio or whatever to Cronk was pretty short, we spent at least two pages on the road to Griou, and a further two helping a hurt blitzle or something, i like the slow pace the RP is moving at, and all of a sudden blowing up the Centre before the rest of us can even enjoy the scenery in the PREVIOUS CITY! is moving a bit too fast, at least for me.
Same here can't keep up!

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward

I agree.

I agree with Frase and Mr. Magikarp, Im planning on meeting Will or someone else in Lopya Forest and Battle them and then Go to Lopya with them or wait for other RPers

Z, I'll meet you there then, JohnsonAce, do you mean about my first point or my second, have a monologue just in case

No offence, but really i like this RP for its long, thought out posts that people spend effort writing. I like it for the character development and deep plots which just aren't possible in an RP with shorter, more frequent posts. Even the short ones made during battles are vibrant and full of life, with full descriptions of the attacks, i can't speak for everyone when i say this, but most characters are really well fleshed out and full of life, they have their strengths and weaknesses, there hopes and dreams, their likes and dislikes, their fears and hates. They don't win every battle, there are not perfect mary sues and they do acknowledge their weaknesses, with inner and outer conflict. @Defaeco, i hope you don't mind me using your OC as an example, but think of Def's character, secretly a former member of Team Rocket who is trying to leave his past behind only for it to catch up with him in the form of three idiots who attacked the group once in Cronk and another time in Lenox's Gym.

Great Speech Mr. Magikarp, Im planning on making Jack lose to marge then find a Fighting type then beating her and maybe revealing something about Jack that is super interesting?

Sure, i'm about to go off on some side plot involving some bug types and secretly Team Rocket (Who won't be revealed to our OCs and will just be gathering things for their ultimate plan I will reveal much later)

Sounds like a good idea, after a while he would not be able to NOT notice, what with what i've got planned to happen, it will take a while and hopefully help us actually do something in the forest instead of just speeding through it

And just so you guys know, only one of my characters is in Lopya city. The other is still in the forest. I haven't been able to actual communicate in RP with others because they haven't come up to me, or they weren't in the same place. I feel as if, instead of us all going separately, we kind of need to journey together. To do so, we need a group leader to lead as all as on pack.

No need to travel together. I think it is quite unique everyone has an individual journey in this rp, and it seems we will be meeting up quite frequently. It wouldn't be bad to travel together, but I like everyone's pace. Also, you could always approach someone yourself :)

I have things planned for this RP to make it not the usual one, but I just haven't applied them yet because I didn't want major stuff happening when everyone's only about to do their second badge. So yeah, Ursaring with me and trust me, this will be extremely interesting. :)

Personally, I don't know what the "usual" RP even is. This is my first pokemon RP, but I think even if a bunch of 7-year-olds make an RP that breaks a ton of rules or follows a main character that gets a pikachu and all of the legendaries would be fun and different, at least for someone. Even if there is no detailed writing about how the characters felt at any moment (although that isnt the kind of RP i want to experience at the right now.)

Sorry guys, I just hate when someone bashes another form of RP to make their own seem unique, and/or different. It feels like a part of the hipster trend of writers to shrug off something as "the usual" to get others to write in a style more suitable to the writer. It feels totally pretentious.

That RP I explained above is itself unique. I know we arent looking for something that simple though. It does accomplish much however. It let's someone express their inner thoughts and entertain themselves. Certainly, one of the most exciting things for me in this rp is watching @Fraseandchico slowly become a better writer. I thoroughly enjoy how much thought everyone places in their post, and the few you that don't put too much detail into your posts, that's fine. I think I do agree with @SMRPG64 with the basis that treading in a slow rate is preferable though, regardless of the style in which one writes.

Sorry for typos and long post or disorganized rambling.

Last edited:

I have things planned for this RP to make it not the usual one, but I just haven't applied them yet because I didn't want major stuff happening when everyone's only about to do their second badge. So yeah, Ursaring with me and trust me, this will be extremely interesting. :)
Would it be possible for you to drop some more ideas in here please?

Is it his job to do that? Like I said, never did a pokemon RP before and haven't done a normal rp in years. I assumed it was up to all of us to ensure we all had fun, similar to D&D

His pokemon were hurt, did you want to head back to Grioru? My character will be there in the morning to catch a Pokémon, perhaps a certain bug type i have in mind. And I believe SMRPG64 is planning something in the forest. I think I may want to take part when it happens lol.

@SMRPG64 Of course I don't mind! I'm actually very flattered, I'm glad I am putting across Def well as a character. His backstory in general has been Team Rocket/Ex Team Rocket but this Bloka RP gave me a good opportunity to flesh out what he actually did in his time of hiding and laying low.

When will you reveal more details?

You must.

Also, could some one please come over to Harry? He's in the forest and I have no idea how to interact with anyone since I dont know where they are in the forest?

I totally get ya man so please don't think I don't, but G doesn't have to reveal the plot-points if they chose not to, they mentioned actively revealing the story in the first post here and I actually enjoy how involved they are and how they are slipping in Team Rocket and slowly revealing their plans. For example, at the beginning of the RP, I got to really dive in when Professor Maple went to some secret location and G nudged me to get Def involved go to her rescue, so it's great that the RP was made with secret-plot points in mind. It might sound silly but me not expecting Team Rocket to show up made me better explain how it shocked Def too, you get that feeling of being stuck on what to do and can write it down.

I understand you want to know to prepare, but personally I enjoy it being spontaneous like this because then you don't have a clue just like your character doesn't, so seeing how everyone reacts and deals with the scenario is pretty great to read about. I've told friends off-site how I enjoy how involved Gpig is and love seeing what's going to happen next, all the plot points do effect the characters in some level, so it's pretty fun!

The Lopya gym leader is bubbly, caring and a bit thick (as in stupid) However, she is a skilled battler nonetheless and can usually trick the challenger into thinking that it would be an easy battle, but obviously shows them the opposite.

Also random but, with how you arrive as a new trainer in Alola and how I have Def in Bloka to try get away from his old life, a few times when talking to friends I've said "Bloka" instead of "Alola", oops!

This RP is taking over my life. (not that I'm complaining!)

I'm crying at how much progress my character has doing.

Also random but, with how you arrive as a new trainer in Alola and how I have Def in Bloka to try get away from his old life, a few times when talking to friends I've said "Bloka" instead of "Alola", oops!

This RP is taking over my life. (not that I'm complaining!)

Really?! XD that's amazing

As most of you will have noticed by now, I do have something planned for my Team Rocket group, but it will not be revealed until much, much later in this RP, in fact they were not even meant to be revealed to everyone inside of the forest. You may see them in the shadows sometimes, pulling the strings, but do not expect them to burst in with their Medium-Sized-Automobile and attack us as much anymore. Also I've noticed that some people are a bit behind others, so I'm probably going to just continue doing weird side plots in the forest while waiting for everyone else, speaking of which, anyone is allowed to control the Vespaqueen and her advisor bugs