• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Exploration of the Froena Region Sign Ups

If Swirlix needs to be traded to evolve in the games, is it impossible to evolve him when they're on the island. Because Graveler needs to be traded as well.

hmmmmm... we'll probably make them evolve by level up. Lemme research and I'll post a list of all levels I decided for trade evolutions. Also, I updated my signature for my team, I recommend you guys do the same :)

Is this RP still open?

Name: Qinlan Mirage
Hometown (from a known region): Solaceon Town (Sinnoh)

Appearance: Qinlan is a man of a rather average build even though he may fancy himself otherwise, more specifically 'a rather toned young lad with enchanting grey eyes'. Though not everyone shares his sentiments. He's got curtains of inky black hair which is usually messily tied into a pony-tail with whatever is at hand (which can include rubber bands, strips of cloths, hair pains etc.) and short bangs.
He wears cream Cargo pants and a black sleeveless hoodie, under which he sports a light grey woolen shirt.

Personality: Qinlan, often called Qin or just Q by some of his closest friends is a rather casual and laid back person. He's not particularly outgoing but doesn't quite fit the bill for introverted either; being quite the avid battler and fan of questionable tactics he enjoys a good battle and doesn't mind taking a few losses to learn a thing or two.

Pokemon: Gligar (Parents: Gliscor, Ariados)
Ability: Sand Veil

Nickname: Rosephase
Item (if any): Shell Bell

Errr, will I need a razor fang to evolve gligar? or can I use my item slot for something else without worry?

Last edited:
It is definitely still open :) and we all have communicators to ask fir evolution items we don't come across in the wild so run whatever works best :)

Again, I updated my team in my signature; I recommend others doing so since it will help battles run smoother. It is however not required unless you want to use egg moves, then you must list the parents of all your pokemon. Just for the rper's knowledge, our oc's will have no way of knowing the parents unless they study egg groups.

The ship was destroyed so you and gligar have found a way to the island region apart from that. You could just have gotten lucky and was able to swim the rest of the way :) but once there you have to try to figure out your next move. Try to find others or maybe something else?

*Jigacho panics after coughing a lot and taking his medicine in a hesitant manner*

J- Jig Jig! Jig Jigacho! Jigacho Jigacho Jig Jig!

(Translation: O- oh no! I missed a lot! I'm sorry if I didn't reply since I was at the hospital yesterday!)

yea.... so how about you just have your character be like "this is blah blah blah" then, we can time skip and still know each other's names in the morning~

Just as a heads up, I'll be introducing my new character in my next most most likely. (It's up to you if you want to know who they are since I won't be just giving you the info yet as if it were like candy!)

If I must create a character sheet before introducing him, just know that most of his information will be unknown for the time being for various, justified purposes.

*??? can be seen using some interesting moves on a target dummy as the damage is tallied up to 836 total with 4x weakness and stab*

Hey crew, I'm so sorry to have not responded recently, but I'm afraid that lady luck struck me right upside the head with a concussion three days back. I'm currently having my brother type this up for me, since I'm not allowed to look at computer screens while recovering. I'm told that four weeks in the hospital ought to patch me up, which unfortunately means no more roleplay until then. Hopefully I can come back later with a new character, but to avoid impeding the story, you guys can come to a decision about what happens to Heather and Lenya. Thanks fo much for having me, and ciao until then.

@SmelterSkelter Ouch, I hope you get well soon... take it easy and hope that the concussion doesn't overtake you. *Jigacho gives you a giant cookie with the help of a Dragonite holding it for him since he can't exactly hold something that's twice his size*
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alright, I suppose I better put in some parts of the Pokémon's bio, though not much info is going to be revealed yet since the character supposed to be a bit mysterious for the time being. (As stated from the previous post, it is up to your discretion if you want to find out who he is by reading carefully in the RP before I officially post the remaining parts of his info a bit later.)

NOTE #1: This Pokémon is not with Chaud, as it is currently unknown if he even has a trainer.
NOTE #2: I am using the old old stats for moves and status aliments, so if the RP creator wants me to have them back to the newer generations that butchered them, I'll be willing to make that change then.

Pokémon Info:
Name:
His name is currently unknown.
Pokémon Species: ??? / ???
Native Region: His native region is currently unknown, though it is in one of the earlier known regions to date.
Type: [type]???[/type]
Age: His age is unknown, though he does look rather young to even the trained eye.
Moves Known: Thunder Shock, Protect, Thunder Wave, ???.
Ability: Static (When the foe makes contact with the Pokémon by using a physical-based attack against them, the foe is paralyzed; having their speed is drastically reduced to 10% and also having a 75% risk of being unable to move, jumping their turn in the process.)
Appearance: [To be revealed in the RP or soon here.]
Personality: [To also be revealed in the RP or soon here.]
Other: He carries around a specially made flute adapted for his small hands, as it is entirely made of a mysterious type of bamboo that produces varying sounds depending on the user's mood and notes played. (Examples: Mellow if the Pokémon is happy, whirring if the Pokémon is sad, booming if the Pokémon is upset, et al.)

Name: Zak
Hometown (from a known region): Lumiose City, Kalos
Appearance: Dark blue hair, blue eyes, black pokeball shirt, blue jumper tied around waist, black skinny jeans, black boots, black and blue thunderbolt cap, black and blue thunderbolt backpack.
Personality: Awesome
Pokemon: Honege
Nickname: N/A
Item (if any): N/A

Hey crew, I'm so sorry to have not responded recently, but I'm afraid that lady luck struck me right upside the head with a concussion three days back. I'm currently having my brother type this up for me, since I'm not allowed to look at computer screens while recovering. I'm told that four weeks in the hospital ought to patch me up, which unfortunately means no more roleplay until then. Hopefully I can come back later with a new character, but to avoid impeding the story, you guys can come to a decision about what happens to Heather and Lenya. Thanks fo much for having me, and ciao until then.
Take care, and get well soon~ o/

In case if anyone missed both my new character I introduced and my urgent warning in the OOC part of most recent post, I basically introduced a new character and haven't revealed much about him yet. (Though I'm sure some of you can already guess who he is just based on the amount of info currently revealed at the moment.)

Now, I will be discussing some important matters with the RP creator once they get back on since I may need to settle a bit of things and maybe tweek a bit of moves to make them not OP since I can't be having you know who spam some crazy moves that are almost impossible to dodge without quick reflexes...

*??? can be seen chaining together some uber powerful moves on a target dummy to deal only 27 damage total, but also inflicting some nasty status conditions that would render even a Tyranitar helpless*

@SmelterSkelter take care, we'll see you when you recover. Until then! ^^

Welp, Azure now has a tiny pokemon in his bag. It still needs to recover and by the way, anyone at the camping place might have also heard the fight in the skies before that thing dropped on his face.

Last edited:
Well, in the meantime... my character's having to confront a small Pokémon that's the source of the sad song that's faintly playing off within the distance. (Just be aware that some noise may go off if the worst happens... and I mean like a lot of noise if you know what happens...)

*??? can be seen using some other interesting moves as he uses one to summon some units to assist him in the midst of battle*

When I modified the fakemon rule (it was typed up at 3 in the morning originally and looking back I changed it to fix loopholes) I decided one fakemon per person :/

And I am back from the dead! Sorry, work has been during optimal rping hours and when I'm not at work my boyfriend and aunt have been needing me and by the time I'm done with all that, I was too tired for roleplay ;-;

And Smelter Skelter, I wish you the speediest of recoveries. We shall make like they get separated once we get in the mountains.

Shinx_Shades, awesome is not a personality. It is a singular adjective. Please provide at least some actual personality.

I'll get to updating the new character's bio most likely to where I'll be revealing all information since the flute is also used for battle. (Aside from playing music of course.)

I will be using the old old stats for moves and status conditions for the time being unless if the RP creator wants me to use the newer, nerfed versions, so you have been warned. (Don't come crying to me if your Pokémon can't move 75% of the time or if their HP is constantly decreasing at an esclating rate even when out of combat.)

Last edited:
Name: Zak
Hometown (from a known region): Lumiose City, Kalos
Appearance: Dark blue hair, blue eyes, black pokeball shirt, blue jumper tied around waist, black skinny jeans, black boots, black and blue thunderbolt cap, black and blue thunderbolt backpack.
Personality: Always looks out for his friends and will stop at nothing to achieve his goals. He is usually Calm and collected but can exaggerate a bit
Pokemon: Honedge
Nickname: N/A
Item (if any): N/A

From what? My post? I've been working on it for about 5 minutes. Also, that was kinda savage of Halt, but Spade basically said the same thing. But Halt said it better.

Well, I was gonna post before so it seemed more natural, but seeing as you haven't done anything, in particular, it doesn't really matter. Wonder if I can catch a Snowrunt ~w~

I'm torn between Milotic, Froslass, and Gorebyss ...

I'd go Melotic. But yea. You can have him/her (I forgot) run over and find Halt. He isn't to far, basically at the base of the mountain. And I looked it up, Spheals can live in places like that, because it runs into the sea.

I would totally go with Milotic as it's one of my favorite water-types but I think I'm overusing it at this point ~w~

My trying to shimmy back to the beach at some point and catch a Clamperl.