• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Exploration of the Froena Region Sign Ups

*??? can be heard growling within the distance, as he pounces on a target dummy from a high height and deals 75 initial damage followed up by 15 + 50 damage every half second while pinning the dummy and being set to the highest difficulty just to prove how brutal he is on that*

I may be introducing a new character into the RP soon, and I might have Chaud stay separated for the time being. (Charizard seems to be giving everyone a hard time now haha...)

I've thought of a possible story plot:
Zak has already come over and Halt just arrives and I see Spade, Asriel and Qin but I don't know who Qin is. So you introduce me to Qin properly and then you tell Zak and Halt what your plan is. Then Zak says that there was something he saw that was upriver from the boat as he was arriving and it looked like a good place for a base. So Zak agrees they should head upriver...
That's all I got and the thing I saw up the river is a cave with a dead Lycanroc mother and a Rockruff egg.
If it's possible, I would like to have the egg because I love Lycanroc (Dusk), and I only have one Pokemon so far.

Probably better we all meet up again before going anywhere and heading upstream would take us to the mountains where we were going originally anyway :) and if you want your character to find an egg, go ahead. It's your character, that goes with everyone. I'll be busy with work and research for this to to help make things happen, as such I'll be busy for a bit and slow to respond

*??? can be seen leaping between walls while being able to jump around with ease and even leap down onto someone with high damage initially dealt before clawing them*

S- so... before I introduce my new character, I just wanna ask if it's OP if he's very nimble and also being able to obliterate lone Pokémon... (Because he has the ability to pin a Pokémon on the ground and claw the living hell out of them right after which can really leave them injured or even outright fainted if they can't free themselves within even a few seconds...)

*??? flees upon encountering a Slurpuff, as he leaps back and gives a low grunt*

• He's quite small compared to some of the bigger Pokémon in the RP, as he's only 2'2".
  • The limit varies depending on the situation, as he can usually stand his ground against weaker or typical lone Pokémon. (But has a harder time battling against bigger Pokémon like Charizard for example and he's usually considered a nuisance when his type matchups are against his favors.
  • No, he ain't human and I rarely have any Pokémon characters that were like that even at all.

Name: Jace
Hometown (from a known region): Lumiose City, Kalos
Appearance: Blonde fringe, blue eyes, blue shirt, mega Charizard X hoodie, denim jeans, blue converse, great ball sling bag.
Personality: funny, kind, helpful
Pokemon: Mantyke
Nickname: Splashi
Item (if any): Mystical Water

If you guys could accept my friend from school, superrexy, that would be great!
And respond to the thread! I AM ON A CLIFFHANGER HERE!

Last edited:
Le sigh... I shouldn't have to tell what I told to you know who, and I can't exactly be responding 24/7 since I'm basically the equivalent of a person that just survived a war, minus the movie scars, bullets and other glamorous stuff people see in that saving scene...

*??? prepares to use Tectonial Fragmentation, as the counter is set to 5 and is ticking down unusually quickly*

*??? uses PrgmAdv and combines Bubbler3 + SafGurd3 + LifAura3 to use HydShld3*

T- that's gonna be hard considering that my c- ch- character is separated f- from the g- gr... group... *drip drip* *spurt*

Mine will catch up with the group after 1 or 2 people post
Plus it's 4:00 am 7/10/2017 on a Saturday, Australian time for me, so I'm getting up pretty early for you guys.

Honedge Lvl: 20 Moveset: Swords Dance, Lick, Cut, Ariel Ace

Rockruff Lvl: 18 Moveset: Rock Blast, Ice Fang, Accelrock, Bite

Last edited:
Melody, can I have my Rockruff be shiny, because I love shiny Rockruff and when I get to the group can I have the mother of Rockruff attack?(Also it feels kind of weird doing levels in a anime based RP).
And I am also on moderation so sorry if it takes a while for my posts to load.

Last edited:
Moderation eh? What are you in for?

Also, I'm kinda a bit busy deciding what Chaud should do since he's kinda separated from everyone...

*??? uses BublBlst3 on a target dummy in the discussion*

Hmm well, I mean as in is everyone going to just do their own thing? Any overarching plot we should be considering, or shall we let things play out as they please?

Right now we're kinda just doing whatever since no one's really gone to investigate our 'stalkers'.

@Shinx_Shades, just a few things about your rockruff. I've seen at least two moves that it can't learn in ANY way. Like Ice Fang. Neither can Rockruff learn Accelerock before it evolves into Midday Form Lycanroc. Might be a handy idea to check Bulbapedia for the moves it can learn.

*a cute legendary water dragon Fakemon can be seen in her baby form as she slithers to someone*

I might need to maybe think before I post since I don't want to interact with a certain someone honestly since their reputation seems a bit questionable now...

Yes, pleasew keep the moves legal. And as I've said, multiple times, the levels are just for reference for things like what move the pokemon should know and when it evolves; it's just to keep everyone on the same page. And yes, there is an overarching plot. I dont have all of the details hammered out yet but i know the basics.

Also, shinies are allowed but try not to overdue it. Also, I've been trying to work on alternate coloration for some pokemon, like the Orange Islands did with Butterfree. It's a nice concept and I wanted to explore a little with it.

And even though the levels are reference points (they don't truly exist in the rp and are just information to help us, the players, stay organized) keep them realistic. No massive leaps in a short amount of time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I just went back to the rp to look over things and form my reply. Shinx why did you act as Spade? Godmodding is not allowed under any amount. If it happens again, you'll be booted from the rp.

*??? prepares to use Tide Buster after quickly charging it in one second, as he gives off an unnerving glare*

Sigh... we need to talk. Conversation. Now.

*??? sighs and prepares to use a powerful move, indicated by the counter quickly ticking down from 10*

Okay... this brings me to another issue, WHY, god oh WHY are people using levels in reference to things? (Is this a game, or a story people?)

Like I said, I only planned for that to reference things like what moves are available or evolutions so we don't have insanely powerful moves or evolutions too soon...

*??? sighs and prepares to use a powerful move, indicated by the counter quickly ticking down from 10*

Okay... this brings me to another issue, WHY, god oh WHY are people using levels in reference to things? (Is this a game, or a story people?)

I know. This is supposed to be anime style.

As melody has said repeatedly they're there to act as a reference point. We can't have Pokemon we just got knowing every learnable move just because. They aren't definitive measures of a Pokemon's strength but what moves it knows, and when it can evolve. Think of it as a method used to pace ourselves.

I meant to say as why are they blatantly using it in RPing like it's some sort of holy grail? (NOT in reference to things in the discussion which I can maybe understand!)

*Tyle angrily stomps over to you know who and fires a charged tide buster right off the bat*