• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Demon Slayer Rp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dolan was a bit confused as to why the others didn't quickly realize Kenshiro was a demon ,but before he could ponder the thought too much the demon lunged at Dolan. In Dolan's mind he quickly evaluated his situation deciding he would attempt to counter it or at the very least dodge it. As Kenshiro leaped from Dolan's blade Dolan made the attempt to side step the demon which turned into a roll as he rolled off to the side attempting to slash at the demon's legs. Whether Dolan hit the demon or not wasn't his concern more so it was simply getting out o the way.

Shira smiled sweetly to Rin, happy as she seemed to be cheered up and followed her through the forest. They arrived to their target.. Client?... House.
He continued to follow her quietly and then he saw her. Young woman, the being that wants its life to be taken.. Did she thought that her life doesn't matter.. She probably have people that would be sad if she died. As Shirade talked with Rin about her brother he realized that.. This lady didn't cared for others feelings probably.

It doesn't mater.. He need to deal with the job. He took a knife and cut her in fast swing, killing her instantly. He tried to do it as quiet as possible. His cut also wasn't perfect, but it was quite good for a first time. Woman slowly died becouse of blood lost..

=+=+=+=

Fifth style: Heat lightning
He made a quick chop with his hand at guardsmen neck and knocked him down. He left another guard for Phyra and with soft smile said "Let's go" he said quietly and quickly.

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Akane took in several quick breaths, getting her rhythm back to normal. She looked ahead as Dolan was attacked. The attacker seemed to be very good at close combat and his attacks hit really hard. She rubbed her forearms, which were still sword. She spoke to Miyaji while still looking at their enemy.

"He hits really hard and he has really good reflexes. Be careful when approaching, he seems really confident, which means he isn't even trying."

Akane took in a deep breath as she got up and then ran straight towards her opponent. She needed to make time for the other two so they could gather themselves and attack. Since the boy was good at kicking, she decided to try the same approach. She jumped in the air and raised her foot upwards, to the height of her head and prepared to bring it down as hard as she could.

Kenshiro was trying to play it cool, but he badly wanted to rip Dolan's stupid head off. However close his range, the slayer moved out of the way just in time and... tried to slash his legs? The fact that he was somehow doing three things at once when he'd narrowly escaped a blow to the head, with little time to readjust, made less sense than the sudden decision that his attacker was a demon. As expected, though, the swipes of his sword were hasty and reflexive, missing Kenshiro by a mile and cutting the air below him. He was still airborne and hurtling toward the wall with the momentum of his kick, too high for the path that the foe's clumsy blade followed.

Luckily for him, however, he landed just before Miyaji and his Naginata. Dolan was his greatest annoyance at present, so the other slayer didn't evoke as strong a response from him. Kenshiro backed away to a point where both were in front of him again, leaving the dead end as the only direction for them to retreat.

But Akane had done the opposite, racing over from where she was hiding behind Miyaji a second ago and bringing her raised leg down on him. What she struck instead were the crossed arms he'd thrown up in defense. No, his demon body could tank her attack easily; it was the façade of needing to block that he'd really thrown up. The final object he threw was Akane herself, grabbing the girl's foot when it lost its power, swinging her for several revolutions, and releasing her into Miyaji.

The thugs were wild with excitement, but to the fiend, this was a boring affair. He hadn't shown his true powers yet, and because he was fighting like a human, neither had the slayers. But even if they both held back, he was smart enough to realize that he was ultimately at a disadvantage. He'd been confident that the narrow walls left them little room to dodge and that his gathered punks would box them in, but fighting unarmed against three swordsmen still wasn't a speedy beatdown.

"I'm enjoying this very much!" Kenshiro lied through his teeth, applauding his enemies. "But it's time I put you to bed."

An echo followed each of his claps, as if the sounds had traveled into a dark tunnel the instant they were produced and fizzled out. In a matter of seconds, however, the three would be hit with an eardrum-popping burst of noise and a pressure wave that'd blow them against the back wall. A rush of cutting wind for every clap would follow in quick succession, pressing them deeper and deeper into the stone until they were buried in their own indents. With a subtle motion of his hand, the demon signaled the thugs to approach, gradually close the three in, and render them helpless. Kenshiro was overwhelming them with what they could see—his men's sheer numbers—as well as what they could not—a surprise Blood Demon Art that would finish the already weakened slayers off.

Last edited:
The blood inside Kit slowly began to churn. What is it about this girl that makes her so infuriating? The young demon slayer found himself irritated by almost everything she did. Her cold “better than you” personality, the condescending manner in which she spoke, or the way she just always needed to seem like she was in control of everything. This plan was his idea yet, once again, Kit found himself taking orders from Sena. Perhaps more irritating than the rest was the fact that despite his distaste for the girl, Kit couldn’t help but want to prove himself to her.

“‘Kay.” Was all he cared to say as he walked passed her. I guess it’s still my plan and a break from her will be nice. His boots sunk into the sand with every step, mirroring what was almost sure to happen upon boarding the shabby vessel.

He placed his hands on what appeared to be the only spots on the side of the canoe that were void of potential splinters and with a grunt he pushed it out into the lake, jumping into it moments before his feet hit the water.

Once situated in the boat Kit gripped the splintering wooden oar and cut through the water, projecting him along the surface towards the island. Kit let his mind wander as he neared his destination, fully absorbed by his surroundings. I wonder if there are people out there who use an oar like this as a weapon. Seems like something someone would do if they weren’t capable with a sword. It’d be awesome if a portal just randomly appeared and brought me to a world without demons. I could become a pirate captain and hit people with an oar. A smile broke out on his face as he imagined and fantastical world free of his responsibilities and problems.

The Demon Slayers rushed into the Auction but it was too little too late. The cursed jar had already been auctioned off to the next would-be victim. A scowl settled onto Phyra's face, and she looked on, irritated, at the fanfare of the auction.

"Kazu, you should get a move on the jar. See if you can catch up with the people who bought it. As for me, I think I need to pay a visit to upper management; they should have the records of all the previous people who'd bought the vase, the records should give us a bit more information, and while I'm at it, I'll try to see if I can get these idiots to stop interfering with our job."

This isn't good.

Understatement of the century; with his attention on the masses of thugs that had been signaled to attack by the newcomer, Miyaji was caught by surprise as the body of Akane crashed into him. It didn't help that just as he was trying to regain his footing, an invisible blast of pressure following an incredibly loud noise in his ears sent him flying far more than the tangible projectile that preceded it. Just as he was about to help Akane to her feet, the wave hit, and the two were flung against a nearby wall, blasting through it and tumbling onto the dirt road.

After rolling several feet, Miyaji coughed a few times before forcing himself into a sitting position. As he wiped away fresh drops of blood on his bottom lip with an arm, he sighed with irritation. Well, that confirms my suspicions about that guy; just my luck I end up with a demon with invisible attacks again. After a few more minutes of regaining his composure, he stood up and walked over to Akane, an arm outstretched to help her up. "We should regroup and head back, now that we've found our demon; once we get some rest, we can head out tomorrow and bring an end to all of this."

After getting flung by the demon's demon magic Dolan lied there with his face planted on the ground ,and his legs in the air. Dolan rolled over spitting dirt out of his mouth before closing his eyes for a moment, "Aaaaahhhh... Fightin demons is hard work" Dolan said huffing to himself as he rolled over on his side, "Ow! ow! owowowowowo!" He said rolling around as when he turned to his side he rolled over a bruise. He eventually managed to drag himself into a standing position. Looking around to which he spotted the team mates he was with. He picked he slumped over picking his sword up off the ground slowly sheathing it back in its scabbard. One step at a time he slowly walked to the others, "If were gonna defeat that demon first we have to separate him from his army ,but first... first were gonna need to take a nap ,and... heal a little" Dolan said trying to regulate his breathing. He lifted his arms up over his head to help with breathing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ren laid there in the mausoleum tossing and turning ,and after a while he eventually decided to get up. Thinking again about what the old man said rather than just train his ability alone he decided to ponder ways to compensate ,and possibly gain an advantage over him. Ren liked the idea of making a bigger denser fog as he didn't want to rely purely on his fighting capabilities. He grunted to himself when he thought about the power gap between the two. He clenched his fist when he remembered being called weak, "My ability isn't weak" Ren thought to himself as he sat there grumbling to himself. He eventually decided to quit thinking about that stuff ,and train ,but also while he was doing that strategize and think of a combinations. He smiled when he thought of a few off the top of his head. He headed out of the mausoleum looking for a undisturbed looking location where he would unlikely be unnoticed as he trained.

Last edited:
Kazu also was mad as they were late...

"Got it, Reva... We should send Kasugai bird if something happends with one of us." Kazu said and took a deep breath "I am tired.. Gonna need to drink something after this... Good luck and see you soon" as he said that, he immidietly left with his 'Thunderclap and Flash'.

Kazu send Arashi to search and then follow new vase owners. As he followed his buzzard, he saw a mother and daughter that were begging for money. He stopped and gave them some of his coins. He himself didn't have much money with him. After that little girl gave him a beautiful white flower. He thanked her and asked where they grow. After she answered him, he once again looked for new vase owner. As he was talking with poor family, Arashi found the new owners with their vase and was following them. Meanwhile, Kazu rushed in Arashi's way to catch them up.

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Akane struggled to understand what was going on. Her head was ringing and there was a sharp pain traveling from her brain through her body. She looked around, seeing everything blurry and was having a hard time figuring out who she was or where she was. The information quickly rushed back to her head as she saw Miyaji offering to help her up. She took his hand and got up, placed her hand on the back of her head. She felt the warm humid blood, it didn't feel like something serious.

"Thank you." She said after her vision cleared. "I agree."

She stumbled backwards a bit and then straighten herself up. She began walking down the streets, trying to keep her mind from trailing too far from the current event.

The noise of the bidding war was already dying down when Phyra and Kazu barged in, so their sudden entrance surprised no one. While most of the wealthy folk ignored the commoners as they shuffled out, a few groaned at the sight of them—less out of condescension and more out of frustration that they'd left empty-handed. The head auctioneer had turned away from the podium, concluding another day of business and bending back a wad of cash as he chatted with two other gentlemen. The demon slayers had been a passing thought, folding into the depths of his memory like the flipping bills that formed his stack, and to the happy rich couple who'd walked out of the building with the vase, one that never came.

The entire time Kazu followed them, the man and woman didn't notice. The former's attention was already split between his new prize and his wife's fur coat. She was visibly sweating in the desert heat, but by wearing it she asserted differences in social status that were far more oppressive. The peasants who laid eyes on it knew their place, while hers was secured among the other nobles. No, as she and her husband ascended the steps to their luxurious home, they felt above the aristocracy too, outbidding the rest and winning the item in their best clothes.

Those with bigger things to worry about didn't fuss so much about their appearances, abandoning decency and reducing themselves to beggars. But these same beggars had way more to give than their affluent counterparts, Kazu sharing his coins despite the few he had and the little girl gifting him a flower in return. Still, her mother felt the need to apologize.

"Thank you, kind sir. I'm sorry for asking so much of you. It wasn't always like this..." the grateful woman reflected. "Hokori was once a humble village ruled by a chief, and though it still is, he hasn't made a public appearance in the last five years. That's when everything changed. People were run off their land, and lavish estates sprung up overnight with no evidence of construction..."

The impoverished seldom had anything optimistic to say and only spoke of their plight. They opened up to strangers like Kazu so easily, since people in their position couldn't afford to discriminate. The auctioneer, however, only caught Phyra's scowl in the corner of his eye when he got bored of counting money.

"That's a rather rude look for a commoner. An outsider, no less," he addressed the distant girl from the stage. "Is there something you want from us? We've ceased operations for the day."

~~~

"Damn. Guess I was too strong," Kenshiro remarked. "The fight was lame a second ago, and now this? Sometimes I forget how frail the human body is."

The demon couldn't even see the slayers anymore, so that was an understatement. When the smoke cleared, all he observed were the rows of walls through which they'd blasted. The thugs became obedient again, halting their advance and awaiting the contemplating Kenshiro's next move.

"Hey, uh... boss? Do we go after them?" asked a punk whose deep voice belied his young age.

"No..." the fiend responded. "They've probably gotten away by now. We should get some rest, swarm the square tomorrow night, and let them come to us."

When he spoke these words, the underling smiled, and the tension evaporated from the crowd. Their leader was kind, recognizing their battered states and allowing them to recover. When someone got on his bad side and vanished the next day, he deserved it. When he yelled and cussed at them, they were in the wrong. In their eyes, Kenshiro was infallible, because in a human society that regarded them as scum, a demon's generosity was all they knew. Though they slept on the streets and in abandoned buildings, the hoodlums never complained, since a comfortable bed was similarly something they hadn't felt.

"The slayers I hate the most are those who try to take the moral high ground..." the adolescent muttered from his clock tower the next evening, gazing down at the rested army that congregated in the public space below. "Self-righteous pieces of shit. They come here to kill me, and why? To protect these punks? Do they actually care? No, they'll take out the big bad demon and disappear the instant the mission's complete, leaving the others to roam the streets without purpose. The reason demons thrive in environments like this is because you humans can't take care of your own. Then you pretend to care, pin the blame on my kind, and eliminate us like some disease, when we're a symptom of a larger problem. Slayers are all fucking cowards who represent society's inability to own its mistakes."

Maybe Kenshiro was onto something, or maybe this was just teenage angst talking. Though he was much older chronologically than he appeared, being stuck in a young man's body likely stopped him from maturing. On the outside, however, he carried himself like a king, ruling the slums of Korudo and discarding the human memories that made him vulnerable, forgetting the home he'd fled and staring at the new one he'd built, even if it was an illusion.

~~~

"Did he beat you that bad? Don't tell me you're still salty about the strength test."

The pink-haired demon who mocked Ren from a nearby tree was dressed as casual as her tone, in an oversized brown sweater, a matching beanie, and gold piercings on her right ear. Having watched the whole bout from a branch, she hopped off and approached the disgruntled newcomer with her hands in her pockets.

"To be honest, I didn't think you were that bad," she reassured despite her distant body language. "I didn't hear Mori call you weak either. So don't dwell on it too much."

Almost all recruits had lived by themselves prior to coming here, so Ren's reclusive tendencies didn't surprise her. But they were the first thing he needed to outgrow if he was to develop as a fighter. The only thing he was defeating with that attitude was the purpose of joining the Red Demon to begin with. The second he had fresh air and members of his own race around him, all he wanted to do was be alone.

"I'm Tomoru. Nice to meet you," the girl greeted, extending her hand. "And just so you know, the cemetery isn't our only turf. The city is crawling with hideouts where we do more than dig graves, so I'll have a lot to show you, if you want. Maybe I'll tell you Mori's weakness on the way~..."

~~~

It was hard not to lose oneself in thought gazing across the lake. The island might've interrupted its surface, but from where Sena was standing, it was a forested clump of land that stuck out like a boring cotton swab⁠—too unremarkable to disturb her fantasy. Even Kit's rowing had fallen into a rhythm and conformed to the peaceful picture before her. If she hadn't been a slayer and this hadn't been her mission, she might've assumed the role of a camp counselor a little longer.

The difference between her and a demon was the fact that she didn't. Many who turned did so willingly as a means to escape a miserable human life, but Sena faced her cold reality head on. Sometimes she was tempted to slip into the fake identities the Corps created for her, but she never embraced the illusion, reminding herself not to rest until she slayed a certain demon and finally let her past go.

Yet she'd let her mind wander again, a soft tapping on her foot shaking her awake. The girl's eyes drifted to the ground, and only then, when they saw the gross object producing the gentle touch, did they snap out of their trance. The hand that had washed ashore was moving, feeling for its surroundings and trying to get a grip on her!

"What the hell?!" Sena recoiled, whipping her leg to dislodge the crawling body part and proceeding to stomp it out. Though it went still, her suspicions were aroused. If it functioned without a body, then this was no human hand. She couldn't yet sense the presence of a demon, but one thing was certain—the severed fingers had come to life when Kit crossed a good stretch of water, meaning the rest of the body had likely made its move.

"Kit, stay alert! The demon is-"

The female slayer couldn't finish the warning, for when she looked up from the earth and saw her unsuspecting partner's distant shape, she noticed a haunting, white-gowned figure in the canoe with him, standing over his diligently rowing form and poised to strike from behind. By the mysterious woman's will, water suddenly converged on the boat and sharpened into blades on either side of Kit. She was too late.

Last edited:
"I wonder if the reason of Chief not showing up in five years..Are demons.. Or (rich) humans" Kazu mumbled to himself as he followed the pair. He followed them to their... Quite expensive looking hause..

Thank you, kind sir. Im sorry...

"..." he remind himself woman words... But what he could do for people like them? Kill the demon and leace things as they are.. He didn't like it but truth is.. He isn't a hero of some tale..

Kazu sighs and makes his way to the Luxury, expensive hause of the pair and knocked to the doors "Hmm... I wonder if they have guards"
-
Shirade sighed, his job was over.. That cut could be better... Well, he still have a lot to learn. He sighs and slowly stood ups "I sometimes wonder... Was I also a human before..." he whispered to himself, but probably Rin could hear his whispers. Truth is... Shira doesn't remember much from his past... He just wake up one day in his cave..

Last edited:
Rin was surprised, but instead of standing there and letting her mouth hang open, she pressed it to the fresh wound Shirade had created and drank the blood before it stained the sheets. The same boy who'd smiled sweetly at her a second ago, who hesitated to eat in front of others and wondered about his humanity, also killed without restraint. His first mission had gone smoothly, and the fact that their target hadn't opened her eyes made things easier. When the opposite happened and the victim suddenly awoke, her previous partners saw the fear that flashed on their expressions and froze. People who wanted death changed their minds when it stared them in the face. In those last seconds of self-doubt, Rin had to take over for her weak-willed colleagues and deliver the killing blow, because she understood that once the client had made that fateful decision, there was no going back. Besides, she knew from the start that the people she was dealing with were fearful and indecisive, so their sudden desire for mercy gave her no reason to hesitate.

Suicide was an act carried out with the utmost care and sensitivity, she realized nonetheless, and the only consolation she could offer was a quick and painless death. In a society that glorified honorable self-killing, she recognized those who wanted to go peacefully in their sleep and did whatever she could to minimize their suffering. The idea that suicide was not the answer, that people should instead be given the help and emotional support they need, didn't exist in their culture. This void in civilization, this failure of humans to look after one another, is where demons like Rin found her place, delivering salvation to people whom the world of light had abandoned in the darkness. Or as someone like Brother Saito, who'd experienced more than she had, would put it, supplying a demand. There were those out there who hated her just because of what she was, so this was the closest thing to a noble deed that she could manage.

Once she'd stopped enough of the bleeding, the girl smiled back at Shirade. He might not have been plagued by his past like she was, nor had he woken up as a demon to the same horrific sight he'd last seen as a human, but the confusion of having few memories at all was its own problem. At the end of the day, he was a good person, trying, like anyone else, to figure out who he was.

"Shira, maybe it's not my place to say this," Rin said meekly, acknowledging that the boy was just talking to himself, "and it's something I often forget, but I think... we're not defined by our past. Whether we're humans or demons... whether we look to the sun or the moon... we'll be fine as long as we have a place to belong. Most of our kind walk the night alone, hunger-driven and unable to work together, so we're lucky..."

She looked at the young lady's corpse again and wondered whether she didn't care about the feelings of those she left behind, or few people had cared about hers. Loneliness was the worst emotion, and if it weren't for the organization, Rin might have ended up like her. Since her immortal body prevented her from taking the easy way out, she would've run into a slayer's blade just to be reunited with her brother, or gone against her conscience and devoured innocent people to get the Corps' attention. The Red Demon quite literally saved her life, dividing its members into small groups and providing a sense of community to a race that was never meant to socialize.

In return, she shared the fruits of her missions. Rin produced a body bag from her ninja garb, uncrumpled it, and slipped the dead girl inside. The nightjar was perched at the window in case they needed backup, but she was strong enough to tote it to the shop herself.

"You did great, Shira. Let's go back now."

~~~

"Hello? Can I help you?"

While the wealthy couple didn't have guards, they did have a butler who answered the door. The two had entered not long ago and set down the vase, but they were already too far, or too important, to greet Kazu themselves. He was polite for a demon slayer. If Sena were in his position, she'd have broken into the house and swiped the item. She knew some people only saw demon slayers as a cause of property damage and that the affluent, unsuperstitious crowd treated them even less kindly, so she wasted no time knocking. She might've fulfilled basic social obligations like good hygiene, but she owed the gentry nothing, focusing singularly on completing the assignment and thwarting anyone who stood in her way. Sena had already been branded a murderer, so stealing was the least of her worries.

This was Kazu's job, however. If he took a less criminal approach to ensuring the rich folk's safety, he could watch them from a window all night. But taking the item now and dealing with the consequences later would speed things up, because the couple wouldn't hand it over willingly.

Ren was partially surprised someone managed to find him in the secluded area he trained at however this wasn't by much as it takes a freak to know a freak. Ren initially overlooked the pink haired demon's remarks as the rambling of a mad woman likely holding on to what shreds of humanity she had left. Considering how some of the demons presented themselves gave weight to his assumption.

As Tomoru introduced herself Ren momentarily hadn't a foggy clue what her extended hand signified whether it was a gesture of respect or disrespect. Ren felt silly as he realized it was a handshake gesture, "Has so much time past I almost forgotten what a handshake was? I don't think I stayed in that cave that long have I?" Ren thought to himself accepting the handshake. "Ren" Ren said.

The next day, the trio of Demon Slayers once again made their way to the "square" in the slums of Korudo. This time, the area was teeming with thugs from past altercations, many of them surrounding an old clock tower. As compared to the previous fights, where more seemed to join in as the fight progressed, it seemed that all of them were here at once. An annoyed tch escaped Miyaji's lips as he walked, his Naginata in hand. Looking up, he noticed a familiar hooded figure that stood at the top of the clock tower and deduced that he was the demon.

"At least one of us will need to face the demon and at least occupy him while the others take on the thugs; if we all rush in now, his invisible attacks'll stop us before we can even get close. Anyone volunteer?"

The demon's sonic boom-like attacks would no doubt be a pain to deal with; in contrast to the last demon he'd fought, this one's invisible projectiles produced strength that surpassed that of the latter, not to mention the damage it could do to one's ears if it hit. However, in the middle of his train of thought, Miyaji was interrupted by a shout that arose from the mass of punks before him and the others: "THEY'RE HERE!"

As soon as the alert was sounded, almost all of the thugs armed themselves with various weapons; chains, axes, brass knuckles, metal batons, et cetera. "Well," Miyaji said through gritted teeth, watching as the army began to charge forward as he tightened his grip on his blade. "We now have a lot less time to decide.

"Actually.. You can, kind sir.." said Kazu, he really hoped for that pair to life alone, taking away vase wouldn't be such a problem here. Butler didn't looked like a fighter and even if Kazu would tell him about danger, he would need to obey his master orders and wouldn't let Kazu to take vase, that they paid a lot of money for... Man.. So trobluesome.. Kazu didn't have time to waste for now. He could just watch them of course, but they wouldn't probably even try to cooparate with him and if he leave this vase here and watch them... It can be too late.

He chopped with his palm Butler's neck and knocked him out. "I am really sorry, thank you for opening the door" said Kazu, with open doors, it doesn't look that anyone has broke into the hause. He hide knocked butler and entered the hause. He began to search for vase and not make any sound. He almost could be seen like 2 or 3 times, but he managed to avoid vitness eyes (mainly thanks to luck)...He found the vase and quuetly took it with him

Alright, its perfect time to leave this place and meet Phyra.. Short break would be nice too

He thought and almost yawned as he thought about it.. How long without a break were they searching now.. Well, he may need to meet with Phyra now and think about more things later.

I miss my naps...

-
As Rin drank blood of a woman, that Shira just cut throat. Something in Shurade told him to take a bite... But it wasn't hunger.. He ate not so long ago.. Feeling didn't left his thoughts, but he manage to ignore it.

After that, Shirade listened to Rin carefully for a while and simply smiled softly to her. He was happy to have someone that he can rely on after all that time of being alone..

"Thanks Rin... You're right. I... We really are lucky" he said and watched her hiding dead girl to her bag and with this, that weird feeling has ended. He sighed in relief "Yeah, let's head back"

"Your manners are as rotten as your business practices; but, I'm not surprised, etiquette shouldn't be expected from the uneducated."

Sighing indifferently and strolling along the once boisterous halls of the Auction Hall, Phyralis picked a row at random and took a seat. Her legs were crossed comfortably infront of her and then subsequently propped up on the seat ahead. She made herself comfortable, disregarding the Auction Master entirely. When she ready, she picked up where she'd left off.

"Shall I remind you that the Feudal System was abolished?"

Her hand fell to her blade, sharp taps sent its hilt jittering against the chairs, filling the void of silence as she took another pause.

"Are you perhaps...a sympathizer for the Shogun?"

Though she'd mocked him earlier, Phyra had no intention of believing the man was a fool. He would most certainly pick up on the hidden meaning to her words, but even if he didn't, she would spell it out for him.

"Remnants of those rebels from the Boshin War perchance? That would be troubling indeed. To think there would be a whole town of you; to think you'd display such arrogance, parading on pretenses of faux nobility. Are you defying his Majesty's wishes?"

Swiftly, Phyra seized her blade, letting its edge scratch against her scabbard. The metal rang sweetly into the empty auction hall, ending only once her demon-slaying blade had been fully unsheathed.

"Sonnō Jōi; Fukoku Kyōhei."

Famous phrases Phyra had no doubt the man would recognize. Revere the Emperor, expel the barbarians; Enrich the nation, strengthen the armies. These were the words that ended the Shogunate; these words were the Emperor's will. The country had abolished their classist systems under this pretense. Revere the Emperor meant loyalty to the crown. Particularly, this was the centralization of power. The stripping of the rights of such ancient aristocratic classes like the Feudal Lords and Samurai. After all, in this land of the rising sun, everything belonged to the only real noble around, His Majesty the Emperor. To fend off the threat to the nations; to enrich the land; to impose His Majesty will; answering only to the crown, that was the military.

A deep breath. A flurry of motion. Activating her full-concentration breathing, Phyra had crossed the sea of chairs, arriving on stage with the flutter of her sleeves. Her voice was clinical and detached as she picked up where she'd left off.

"For all your pomp and circumstance you are no more noble than I, correct?"

"You are certainly not a rebel sympathizer, correct?"

"You aren't defying His Majesty...are you?"

"Oh dear!" She paused, tilting so she could look the Auction master in the eye. "I don't know what I'd do if you were. I'd have to do my duty as a soldier under His Majesty. I'd have to eliminate dissent. I'd have to execute you."

If the auctioneer hadn't maintained his aloof and uninterested demeanor, his eyes would've widened at Phyra's disrespect. All the angry responses he could give swirled about in his head like storms, but on the outside, he simply narrowed his gaze in disgust. As she began her spiel, pausing deliberately and working condescending body language into the silence, the man furrowed his brow in irritation and pursed his lips tighter. When she suddenly appeared before him, however, his hardened expression crumbled, and he flinched.

"We know who you are!" he rebounded. Maybe he'd said "we" to convince himself that he and his two aged conversation partners had strength in numbers. "Military? You're a lowly demon slayer! On whose authority would you execute me, when your organization is not even recognized by the government? You're less than a commoner! You come to neighborhoods just to wreak havoc under the pretense of slaying demons, deluding the masses and entertaining their fairy tales! Demons don't exist, so you're not needed! Who even called you here?!"

Phyra's drawn blade and overt death threat had caused him to lose his cool. Certain that the murders he'd heard about were committed by some human champion of the poor, he feared her more than imaginary creatures. This woman who pulled a weapon on him might've even been the culprit, for her arrival emboldened the rabble and validated its belief in demons. Materialism was a philosophy of success, and in the man's fulfilling life, he'd had no need for superstitions unless they made a sale more attractive. As long as he burglar-proofed his own home, he could ride the mysterious deaths to the bank.

"You didn't even answer my earlier question of what it was that you wanted. If your only goal was to throw a fit about how you're addressed, then I've no more time to waste on you," the auctioneer decided, stepping away from the slayer and descending the stage with his two companions. He'd also asked who'd sent her, but he didn't give her the chance to respond. Cutting it short, conveniently at the end of business hours, was his way of hiding the fact that he couldn't follow up his retort. Two successful auctions—a painting and a cursed vase—had been the highlights of his day, and he played them back in his head to take his mind off Phyra's attitude. That's right. The bad hadn't outweighed the good.

Or so he'd thought, until he flung open the building's doors and nearly tripped over the unconscious bodies of his guards. The final question that had burned in the back of his mind was who'd let her in, and the answer was now clear. The official seethed as he looked over his shoulder at the girl, swearing that he'd make her pay. He'd alert the authorities, distribute wanted posters for the passing bounty hunter, and do whatever else in his power to punish Phyra's insubordination. Kazu had also raised a hand against the rich, and though he slipped away before the couple realized what he'd done, the auctioneer vividly remembered him from Pesok Manor. He'd get it too.

But if anything cast doubt on his resolve, it was the fact that someone had requested their services. The wealthy didn't believe in demons, and the poor, if they saw the killings as just, wanted them to continue, so neither would have summoned a slayer. As the will of some unknown force loomed over him, the man reevaluated his vengeful promises.

~~~

"COME AND GET ME, YOU FUCKER!"

The loud obscenity and Kenshiro's earlier reflection were like night and day, but with the noise that rose from the swarm of charging thugs, the boy saw fit to raise his own. He was staring right at Dolan as he yelled, ignoring the soft-spoken, unobjectionable Miyaji and antagonizing the one who'd outed him as a demon. He came off as clueless, but in Ken's quiet period of deliberation, he considered the possibility that he had good instincts. Perhaps he'd tear open his trusty gut and throw his corpse from the tower to the cheers of punks and to the horror of his teammates. A celebration was what Kenshiro envisioned, for in his mind, he was a good demon who stood up to an uncaring society's pawns and defended his right to devour the slum population. Whether he was like the rest of his race that justified its evil deeds, or an ordinary teen who refused to take responsibility for his actions, or an unholy mix of the two, the adolescent fought for what he believed in.

Last edited:

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Akane didn't want to hurt any more people, but it looked like she didn't have a choice. She would go for the limbs and avoid serious injuries, this way she wouldn't kill them. Akane took in deep warm breath and looked at her two teammates.

"My head is still hurting, I think it would be best I don't face the demon. I'll do my best to help here." She gave them an assuring smile and charged ahead.

As the red headed demon slayer reached the crowd of enemies, she jumped up, using the face of the closest one as a step for her right foot and then jumping higher in the air. As she expected, the ones under her looked up confused and followed her with their eyes. She landed in the middle of the large sea of thugs and began slicing away. She usually went for the legs, but would sometimes attack the arms, when they got too close to hitting her. She did receive blows from long weapons, but she held in the pain and pushed through to continue her attacks.

Dolan looked around wondering who the demon was hollering vulgar remarks to. He wasn't talking about Dolan, right? Dolan assumed he must have been talking about Miyaji right? Or Akane?? Nevermind the fact that the demon was looking right at him! Dolan clearly didn't approve of the things he believed the demon said in regards to his fellow demon slayers. Dolan pointed his sword at the demon taking a deep breath to charge his energy into his strike, "sixth style! Gooolden apple!" He yelled firing a blast of energy down the blade if his sword which shot out at the demon like a gold arrow illuminating the sky with gold as it flew up the tower. Dolan began quickly making his way up the tower.

"Predictable," an unimpressed Kenshiro commented, seeing Dolan's beam of light from a mile away and sidestepping it.

When he next looked down the tower, however, he realized the attack's true purpose was to throw him off. The demon slayer had bought himself enough time to enter the building and was likely making his way up the stairs as he stood there. But if Dolan thought that he was safely inside, that Kenshiro couldn't tell where he was until he reached the top, he was sorely mistaken. The clock tower was rife with holes that revealed the slayer's position on each floor, and from the noise that escaped, the fiend accurately deduced how far up Dolan had gone.

Human fingers lacked the grip strength to scale the walls from the outside, so he'd had no choice but to take the stairs. The demon, however, leaned over the tower's edge and dug his strong digits into the spaces between the bricks, finding his purchase with relative ease and speeding toward the ground like a crawling spider. He listened carefully and discerned Dolan's path, dropping down to the nearest opening in the wall. Then, when the unsuspecting slayer rounded the next corner and appeared in Kenshiro's line of sight, he clapped his hands and blasted him with a devastating rush of air that consumed the halls.

Here, he had the advantage. He'd brooded in the shade of the tower's roof and the bell it supported for so long that he knew the walls like his own veins. The once robust building, whose construction had taxed the scant earnings of the local poor, was now a withering thing that overlooked Korudo like a false hope, exactly what Kenshiro was to the children of the slums. But unlike the crumbling structure, he wouldn't be defeated.

Last edited:

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Akane stood still, her eyes set on her enemies, who had stopped attacking and seemed to be waiting for the proper time to attack her. However, the demon slayer's attention was caught by the action going on at the tower. She couldn't take the demon on her own, but she could help Dolan. She took in as much breath as possible and ran straight ahead of her. She jumped over the thugs, stepping on their heads and faces to cross the crowd to the tower.

When she finally reached the building, she ran inside and decided on getting the demon's attention. "Hey! Why are you picking on the weakest one of our group?! If you're as good as you said you were, come prove it. I'll actually consider fighting you this time." She stood at the lower level, so she could keep the thugs from coming in and keep a safe distance from Kenshiro.

Miyaji was confused, to say the least. At first, he had been focused on helping Akane deal with the thugs on the ground while Dolan took on the demon in the clock tower, especially since the guy had issued such a crude challenge, but now Akane herself charged toward the tower, intent on fighting the demon as well. Didn’t she say her head was hurting? His confused demeanor was touched with exasperation, courtesy of the bother it was to fight these punks so many times, Miyaji muttered, “Screw it,” under his breath before returning his attention to the mass of thugs before him. His new goal was now to keep the swarms of punks focused on him; that way, the other slayers wouldn’t need to constantly monitor their surroundings when confronting the not-so-human threat before them. Attaching his scabbard to the blade of his Naginata, Miyaji sucked in a large inhale of breath before letting out a loud yell as he began walking toward the army, a tight grip on his sheathed blade. “HEY! Yeah, I’m looking at you, you stupid, brainless idiots. Those guys aren’t your problems anymore. I’m over here.

That got their attention; most of them immediately turned to look at Miyaji, and taking offense to the insult he fired at them, began charging the lone Demon Slayer with a loud cry. Tilting his head from side to side and hearing audible pops in his neck, Miyaji watched with narrowed eyes, twirling his polearm as his walk slowly grew into a sprint. Hopefully this is the last time I do this.

Dolan began running up the stairs when all a sudden he nearly freaked out to what appeared to be a freaky spider with the creepiest looking stare you ever did see. Actually he quickly deduced that it was the demon based on the body shape ,and the lack of extra limbs. Which momentarily felt a sigh of relief that quickly escalated to eleven when he remembered this demon threw him threw a wall. He remembered that nasty look. That creepy gaze that you knew was looking at you even if you weren't looking at it. Dolan was genuinely concerned now. He saw the demon clap ,but didn't yet correlate the claps with the attacks before immediately being pushed against the wall.

He took a deep breath and with his hands clutched tightly around the hilt of his sword he pulled his sword in a whipping motion, "8th style golden wiiind!" Dolan shouted. Gold waves burst from his sword towards the demon. Dolan took the opportunity to press the assualt by closing the gap between him ,and the demon with each swing.

If Kenshiro had been too strong when he blasted the slayers through the wall the night before, this last attack had been too weak, failing to break the thinner walls of the aging tower. Dolan recovered quickly, and though it looked like the demon applauded him, the Staccato Clap with which he followed produced blades of cutting air that canceled the slayer's gold waves. But the fiend conceded some ground between each counter and allowed him to advance further.

As the human steadily closed the gap, none appeared in Kenshiro's smirk. The blade that drew nearer with every second didn't scare him, for when he found himself in the path of Dolan's final swing, he cupped his hands together, spread them apart, and apparently caught his weapon. No, when the sword stopped and the air settled, the steel was lodged in a hollow yellow sphere that swirled with energy like patterns on the outside of a soap bubble.

"Reverse Clap..." the wickedly smiling demon muttered. He could hardly contain his delight as Dolan fell into his trap, and when his jian stuck the pulsing orb, it similarly couldn't contain the compressed gas within. Suddenly, the ball released its stored air with an explosion whose force, this time, was enough to send a grown man flying through the tower's crumbling stone.

Kenshiro didn't celebrate, for when he caught Akane's yapping right then, he was instantly less satisfied with himself. So he was picking on the weakest of their group, was he? If she professed to be stronger, the redhead wasn't speaking from a position of power, cowering on the lower level and saying she'd "consider" fighting him.

"Don't get cocky, you pathetic bitch!"

The demon had seemingly lost his cool and proceeded to do something stupid, diving from the railing and plummeting toward Akane. Had his ability been different, he'd have just put himself in the path of the girl's blade and been skewered. But Kenshiro's fate was firmly in his own hands as he sailed through the air, joining them in a resounding Silencing Clap whose shockwaves immobilized people and objects around him. He'd executed the technique before Akane had the chance to raise her sword in defense, an opening that her frozen arms wouldn't fix, and put himself on course to punch her in the face with all the force of his plunge.

Last edited:

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Akane saw the incoming demon and she had no intention to fight it. All she wanted was for Dolan to get more time to recover and prepare his attack. Therefore, her reaction was to retreat. She saw a group of thugs coming after her, which was perfect timing. Akane dashed into the group of thugs, using them as human shields. While they thought they had a chance to end her, she prepared herself to attack them while focusing on their incoming boss. The redhead was well positioned in the middle of a small group of about ten enemies, hopefully she would buy enough time for Dolan.

As soon as Dolan had closed the gap between him and the demon. As he swung his sword his blade stopped midair as a bubble caught his attack which moments later he was flung through the wall. Dolan landed on the ground. Dolan laid there feeling the pain from smashing the another wall. He didn't want to get up. Not a second time. This was starting to hurt. Which was saying a lot considering how much the last time hurt. Dolan wanted to just lay in a warm bed and sleep ,but with his current predicament that was far more difficult than simply asking the demon stop attacking them until tomorrow.

Dolan took a few deep breaths before propping his jian to the ground like a cane to help get up. He continued to take a few more deep breath. As he got up he slowly took a few steps forward. Dolan wasn't sure if he could offer his fellow demon slayers much help in his current state ,but he wanted to try. First he would need to not only get there ,but have enough strength to contribute.

Dolan pulled out a small flask to drink water which helped a little, but did nothing to reduce the pain. He placed his flask back before turning his gaze back to the tower.

Last edited:
Instead of catching the falling fiend on her blade, Akane fled before the shockwaves could reach her. With his strong demon body, Kenshiro didn't need to brace for impact, cracking the stone floor with his landing and gritting his teeth at the slayer's cowardice. People often associated bravery and stupidity, spinelessness and intelligence, but in this situation, the redhead's retreat didn't make her any smarter.

All she'd done was surround herself, with enemies who weren't patient enough to close in on her slowly. If the girl thought she could stay sharp and fight off attacks from all sides, she'd be surprised when the Silencing Clap finally passed over her and stopped her movements. The crowd stood still for a moment, the lot of them feeling the effects of Kenshiro's Blood Demon Art, but unlike its intended target, the thugs had experienced their leader's power before.

So the second their limbs regained function, they were prepared, lunging at Akane and sinking their knives into her. The slayer didn't fall as the weapons stuck her from all sides and shoved her every which way. Only when the punks mobbed her and a punch met her face in the confusion did the girl go down.

Ken stared into the redhead's eyes when they deposited her at his feet and grinned, tacitly communicating that her suffering had just begun. As his underlings looked on with delight, he grasped Akane's hair and proceeded back up the stairs, dragging her unceremoniously and letting her head bob against the steps. Then, when he ascended to the floor where he'd encountered Dolan, he snatched her off the ground and held her by the throat.

"You feel those stab wounds, girl? They were inflicted by humans," the adolescent told her. "Everyone down there whom you're trying to protect? They hate you. None of them have a place to go, and here you've come to slay the only one in this world who's given them a purpose. Did you ever think about that? No, from the way you rushed in and put yourself in danger, I doubt a dumb slut like you has a single brain cell to spare."

He sauntered forward and paused at the hole in the tower's front wall, dangling her over an army of rejoicing thugs. Though he didn't relax his grip, Kenshiro encouraged Akane to use whatever mobility he allowed and turn back, gaze upon the street rats who gathered to celebrate her impending demise.

"Do you see now? It doesn't matter that I'm a demon. It doesn't matter that I devour the very people who've pledged their loyalty to me. The same way you risk your lives to kill beings much stronger than you, or how anyone with a passion risks theirs in pursuit of it, they'd gladly die for me," the smirking fiend enlightened her. The sight of the helpless girl, the feel of his hand on her jugular, and the stares of his audience made him feel powerful, unlike his first time seeing the world through a demon's eyes. Though human memories of family fortune and parental neglect escaped him, Kenshiro distinctly recalled his pathetic state when he awoke on a trash heap one night. As he continued to live in his new body, whatever had gotten him out onto the streets in the first place, whether it was the need for acceptance or a taste of reality outside his home, was soon perverted by a desire for power. Now, he controlled the slums, subordinated the punks who'd beaten him down, and, like the slayer in his grasp, seized reality by the throat.

"So I have every right to eat my fill. It's humans' fault that they treat their own like scum, then pretend to care for their well-being when a demon's involved. After that, they cast them aside and let them rot. So the only difference between my race and yours is that we don't waste food..."

Kenshiro justified his actions like anyone of his kind, forgetting his past but retaining his personality. The most valued members of the Corps were those who didn't ask too many questions, the stupid ones who dismissed his words and followed their orders with no regard for right and wrong. The discerning ones among them understood that demons weren't immoral creatures; they simply possessed a different set of morals and knew not to be swayed.

"I heard from Toru that the first thing you wanted to do when you got here was go shopping. If I gave a fuck, I'd ask how you became a slayer with that attitude. Maybe you're not one of those poor bastards who've lost their families and have a real reason to fight. Hell, you might even have loving parents back home and your entire life planned out for you."

The male didn't know it, but he and Akane had a lot in common. He, too, had come from a wealthy household, but while she'd fled hers to become a slayer, he'd escaped his to become a demon. The rebuke in Ken's tone and the scowl on his face, however, suggested no understanding between them. The soft touch of his free hand, whose fingers he ran through the girl's crimson locks, seemed threatening.

"You know, you have really pretty hair. I bet you wash it with the nicest soap..." he remarked, a tinge of envy in his voice. The fiend relaxed his arm and let Akane's dangling legs dip onto the concrete, as the rowdy spectators heaved their weapons in anticipation. "The boys down there? That red color is their favorite. They just can't wait to get it all over their blades!"

Though it appeared Kenshiro had given the swordswoman a moment of rest, he'd only sunken his arm to give it room to swing back. Having squeezed every ounce of strength from the slayer and spent every second breaking her mentally, he flung her from the tower's gape and into the throng of raised knives.

"Now you die!"

Miyaji, unbeknownst to Kenshiro, had used Plumes of Smoke to avoid the attention of the punks and climb up onto the roof of a building near the clock tower, almost directly behind the demon’s view. Despite Ken’s strength, Miyaji was relieved to find that he enjoyed rubbing in his victories and boasting his superiority; such arrogance had allowed the slayer to sneak around him unnoticed while the demon continued to gloat. After taking a deep breath, Miyaji’s blade flared to life as he tore away the scabbard and crouched down, positioned against the side of the building and clinging to the roof. The slayer then pushed off with his feet, propelling himself with incredible speed toward the top of the clock tower where Kenshiro stood, reaching the demon in a matter of seconds with his Naginata at the ready.

“Now you die!”

Seconds after Kenshiro had let Akane fall to the ground, Miyaji reached the tower; with his blade drawn back, he gripped it tighter as he began to drop, several feet above Ken’s back. Diving downward, Miyaji murmured a quiet prayer of supplication for strength as he reached the ground and aimed a single, swift slash through the unaware demon’s neck. Breath of the Volcano, Fifth Form: Crashing Down of Molten Rock. Finally landing on the concrete as Kenshiro’s head began to slide off of his shoulders, Miyaji continued to hold his blade as he remained behind Ken.

“Too bad you won’t be able to see it.”

However, Akane was still hurtling to the ground, the punk’s swords and knives eagerly waiting. Miyaji ran over to the edge and quickly scanned the ground for Dolan’s location. Once he had found the fellow slayer, Miyaji shouted, making sure his voice was audible to those on the ground, “Dolan! Catch Akane before she falls!”

Kazu was slowly making his way to Phyra, tired a little, he would need a short break... '20-30 minutes would be nice' he thought.
He also thought about that 'Chief', he felt that he will beed to talk about this with Phyra too. Suddenly, his thoughts became darker as he didn't thought about his mission.. But something more important to him. He tried to calm his mind and stop thinking... Everything is okay.....

As he walked, he saw a white cat in an alley. Snow-coloured Feline was looking at him with it's silver eyes curious and Kazu felt nervous for some reason. Cat looked like it wanted to say something to him, show him. "Meow~" it just gave sound and left the demon slayer alone. He shrugged and left.

When he slowly reached his destination, he saw auctioner and his companios at the entrence. Kazu earlier saw that Vase didn't react to sun, so maybe he should just destroy it and see if something happends.. But he wanted to do it after he reaches Phyra. Auctioner seemed to be mad.. He probably talked with Phyra. Kazu stood on his way.

Wood splintered and flew in all directions as the blades of water shredded through the sorry excuse of a boat. They tore through Kit’s clothes with ease and pierced through his body; however, the boy did not scream in agony, nor did blood shoot from his punctured flesh. The night remained as it had before Sena screamed: completely silent. For a moment it seemed as though the world around Kit had paused for a moment as he slipped away from it. That was until a shadowy figure outlined by the large moon whistled as it cut through the wind in its decent towards the gowned demon.

Seriously, what is it with girl demons and their sneak attacks?

“Eleventh Style: Phantom Counterstrike!” The punctured image of Kit disappeared into thin air as the real one swung his purple bladed Katana with killing intent

"That move again..."

The last time Sena had witnessed Kit's Eleventh Style, she'd allowed him to sneak up on her. Now, however, she reacted with more surprise. When had he substituted himself and gone airborne, and from where? Perhaps she was just in denial that her petty, childish partner managed not to die that easily, but the old canoe wasn't much of a boost.

The night was dark, the distance was great, and her attention had been elsewhere, so despite having eyesight that was sharper than anyone's and an illusory breath style of her own, she had every reason to miss what had happened. The rest of the scene played out as expected, the damaged boat quickly filling with water and sinking the demon. Though she watched comfortably from the shore, Sena kept her wits about her, for she knew better than to think a monster needing two slayers was that easy to beat.

Whatever the speed and killing intent in Kit's swing, she was soon proven right. Water suddenly enveloped the dirty-faced, seaweed-haired fiend and lifted her from the lake, snaking into the air and swelling into a behemoth with the gowned figure at its head. Even if her fellow slayer's blade could cut through several building layers of water, it was no longer on course to do so. In an attempt to catch Kit in the air and drown him, the now-towering beast swiped at him with a liquid arm before he could make a splash.

Sena realized right then that they were at a serious disadvantage. She'd fought countless powerful demons over the years, but she found herself rethinking what made them strong. Some were favored by their creator while others had eaten the most people, but a few lesser fiends blessed with the right ability were equally dangerous. This may have been a run-of-the-mill assignment, but if Rurona's Blood Demon Art gave her mastery over the lake, they might as well have faced a noble.

"No, that's ridiculous," Sena muttered, coolly observing the situation through the eyes of an experienced swordswoman. "Just because a demon has a whole urban legend surrounding it doesn't mean I should assume the worst. I doubt she can bend this entire body of water to her will, but finding out is Kit's problem."

Last edited:
As Dolan heard his name called out he looked around with in bewilderment as he saw Miyaji. Dolan's somewhat tired face had turned into one of shock as he heard him speak. Dolan turned his attention to the tower where he saw Kenshiro hold Akane.

Dolan quickly began running. As he leaped out he hopped from atop a barrel in hope of leaping past the remaining thugs. However he did not jump high enough to completely avoid them ,and as he began to fall his foot stomped down on one of the thug's face. Dolan leaped higher off the thug's face like a springboard ,and for a moment he almost looked majestic. With his arms held arms outward in an attempt to catch her.

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Akane had quickly regret her decision as soon as she was ready to fight her way back outside, she couldn't move. She tried with all her strength to advance but couldn't. Then, that one split second she decided to take in a deep breath to try again, was the second that the attacks rained on her. What happened next was to fast for the demon slayer to keep up. All she felt was a lot of pain in different parts of her body. She focused on avoiding any fatal wound as much as possible, but then a punch connected with her face.

Akane was lost for a few moments, when she noticed she was in front of the demon. She felt the pain all over her body and a new one coming from her hair as she was dragged along. The pain on her head increased with each step that it hit, but she refused to lose concious. Once she was lifted by him and held over the crowd of thugs, all she could do was was focus on her breath, to keep herself awake and her lungs with enough oxygen. As she listened to Kenshiro talk, she wished she could reply back, but the grip on her throat wouldn't allow it. She felt bad for the demon, and wished there could've been a better way to have settled things.

As the she lost too much blood and she slowly lost her breath, Akane felt she would pass out soon. As Kanshiro threw her towards the crowd, Akane watched him as she went down. Hopefully she had distracted him enough for her friends to get the kill. She watched as the demon became small and her vision became more blurry. She thought she saw Kenshiro's head be separated from his shoulders as she landed on Dolan's arms and fainted.

As Akane fell into Dolan's outstretched arms ,and as he did he looked over, "hey, are you alright? Try to hold in a little bit longer. Everything is going to be okay. You can count on it!" Dolan said. He carefully sat her down grabbing the bandages from his bag ready to wrap her wound. Dolan smiled as he slowly sat her down ,and as he laid her down he placed his bag gently under her head. He looked over to see where the wounds looked most serious. He made sure that the bandages would be nice and firm ,but not too tight.

Phyralis was more than content to let the Auctioneer be; after all, she didn't want to interact with him any more than she needed to. The demon slayer sunk her blade back into its sheath, though her hand remained resting on its hilt as her ears picked out the approach of footsteps. Her guard dropped only after she recognized Kazu, who seemed to have been successful in his side of the mission.

"Welcome back, it seems the Auction House has no intention of obstructing us."

That wasn't quite the truth but it was close enough.

"I'll go look through the records, give me a few minutes."

Phyra disappeared deeper into the Auction House, located the backrooms and slashed through all locks in her way. She found what she was looking for in the third cabinet, showing no reservation in plundering the necessary documentation. With the vase's sale records now safely in hand, Phyra returned to to the Auction House proper where she'd left Kazu.

She flaunted the papers as she approached, and then spoke.

"Alright, we've got everything, let's see if we can't find this demon. You've got the vase, right?"

Akane was the one falling to her death, so why, all of a sudden, was Kenshiro's world skewed?

"Too bad you won't be able to see it."

The demon tried to whip his head toward the voice's source and discovered, when it rolled off his neck and the ground rushed his eyes, that he no longer controlled it. As his skull hit the floor and his stare settled on Dolan catching the female slayer, the words of the one behind him suddenly made sense.

Though Ken hadn't landed facing him, he knew exactly what the boy looked like. If Dolan was the annoying brat who'd magically guessed that he was a demon, and Akane was the unfocused girl who didn't belong on the battlefield, then the last of them, Miyaji, hadn't left much of an impression. Perhaps that was what made him dangerous, Kenshiro realized when he silently reappeared and uttered a single parting phrase. Dismissing him earlier and taunting the loudest of the three had been his downfall, and as Ken's dying mind scrambled to piece together the character of the man who'd slain him, he assumed that Miyaji was calm, quiet, wholly committed to his assignment, and... probably very boring. Exactly what the Corps needed him to be.

But he was still an idiot. Had he not considered, in running over to the edge, shouting down at his partner, and making himself vulnerable, that demons didn't immediately die when they lost their heads? Kenshiro's standing body lunged at the swordsman from behind and tackled him, sending the two over the brink and into the sea of blades.

"If I'm dying, I'm taking you with me! Who's gonna catch you?!"

The adolescent's flaking mouth managed a final grin. His eyes had a few more seconds before death creeped up his face and eroded them too, but they stayed where they were and gazed into the cluster of his followers. Though their weapons still pointed to the sky, their expressions had frozen at the sight of their decapitated boss.

"Don't just stare blankly! Impale him! Kill him!" Ken rallied, breathing what was ultimately his last breath. Everything below his nose soon turned to ash, depriving him of speech and leaving him with just his thoughts. Now that the demon was losing feeling in the rest of his body, now that his existence in this world was fading, now that his survival instincts were subsiding and forcing him to quietly accept his fate, the memories of his previous life flooded into the silence of his mind with nothing to stop them. He faced his own sea of blades now, the recollections slipping in like knives and tearing down the tough street character he'd created. Upon recalling their past, some fiends discovered that they'd possessed in their human lives the very things they sought as demons. But there wasn't a satisfying memory that relieved Kenshiro in his final moments. He was only reminded what his old self didn't have and, when he learned of his wealthy origins, what his new self had failed to achieve. He'd talked as if he shared the punks' experiences, but he now realized that he'd never truly understood them and didn't belong. If anything gave him peace, it was that he no longer pretended to be someone he wasn't, no longer needed to manipulate impressionable youth and constantly assert his power. Though he'd neither fulfilled his desires in this life nor his past, he suddenly appreciated his boring, uneventful existence, free of drama and the twisted notion of "belonging" that had guided him. Whether Miyaji survived or perished didn't matter anymore.

His eyes instead settled on a nightjar that had taken to the skies. Perhaps he badly wanted to hear another's words in death, or his stream of consciousness had overflown into full-blown hallucination, but he could've sworn the bird spoke to him as it flew off.

Demons aren't evil... but you were.

~~~

The auctioneer winced when Kazu stopped in his way. He'd just been cursing the slayers in his mind, but now that they stood on either side of him, he turned his head away abruptly, disguising cowardice as a bold dismissal, and paused at the structure that ended up in his line of sight.

You can't just let them do whatever they want!

He shouted internally at Hokori Castle, far beyond the poor area and the affluent quarter. When Phyra returned with stolen documents, however, she was doing exactly that. The official's hands trembled, his body wanting to act but his mind reminding him that he was powerless. So he simply stood there, watching with rage as the slayers ignored him and moved on.

Last edited:
The air was pushed out of Kit’s lungs as the claw of water collided into his side and sent him plummeting downwards, spraying up a white splash of water as he crashed through the lake’s surface and was absorbed by its dark depths.

As Kit sunk to the bottom of the murky abyss, a new level of coldness jolted him and returned his sense to their previous alert state from before the impact.

Shit!

All the air had been knocked out of him on impact and there wasn’t much time to reach the surface.

My sword! Where’s my sword!?

Desperately, his eyes darted along the bottom of the lake in search of his only means of defense against the demon.

A twinkling glint of his katana’s golden guard signaled Kit over to it’s nearby location in a patch of seaweed.

Upon swimming over to his blade and freeing it to his sandy sheath, he couldn’t help but notice the waterlogged shabby oar that had sunk to the bottom of the lake as well.

Perfect! Kit smiled to himself and after returning his katana to its proper sheath, he gripped the oar as if it were a sword.

Fourth Form: Void Ring

He twirled the oar quickly in circles to create a propeller-like mechanism that shot him up from the bottom of the lake and into the air.

“First Form: Shadow Waltz” Kit breathed in as much air as he possibly could, expanding his lungs to their max. And as he feel back down to hit the surface of the lake, he did not sink. His feet stood solidly on top of the water, sending small ripples out from under them.

“That’s more like it.” He muttered, tossing the oar aside and drawing his sword to look up at his monster of an enemy.

What the hell am I supposed to do about this thing? If I go back to Sena for backup I’m leading it towards the kids but there’s no way I can beat alone, at least not while I’m stuck on the lake. My best bet is to lead it to the island and hope Sena figures out a way to come help out.

He swallowed his bit of fear and confidently sized up his task. “Hey girl! If you wanted a romantic moonlight boat ride you should’ve just asked!” He taunted, hoping to get the demon’s attention so he could lead her towards his desired battle ground.

Miyaji cursed under his breath as he felt the weight of Kenshiro's headless corpse collide into his back, sending the two falling over the clock tower. As they fell, the slayer was force to think fast before he was impaled by the thugs below him. At this point, the demon had already withered away, so the option of using Ken as a shield against the upright blades wouldn't work. Looking down, however, caused Miyaji to consider a new option, as all the others he could think of would be just as futile as his first. The punks on the ground still had their swords and spears pointing upward, that was certain, but one look at their faces was all it took for the slayer to formulate a new plan. They were shocked and terrified; it wouldn’t be long until they came back to their senses and aimed to avenge their leader’s death, but for now, any trace of their previous bloodlust had left them, which meant that their resolve was weak. Some of them had shaking hands as they held their weapons, while others had dropped them entirely.

With a deep breath, Miyaji tore away the withering remnants of Ken’s body before diving into the mass of punks, a firm grip on his Naginata. Whatever blade had been in the path of his fall to the ground had either been knocked aside or out of their already weakened grip as Miyaji made a wide circle with his own, just before he landed. It wasn’t perfect; he ended up receiving a few cuts here and there from some stray swords, but nonetheless, he rolled forward as soon as he landed on the ground before springing up over the thugs and and clear distance away. Once again, Miyaji hit the ground and immediately started running out of the square, catching Dolan and Akane from the corner of his periphery. Akane had been losing blood quickly, courtesy of her fight with Ken, so Miyaji beckoned with his sword as he continued to run, shouting a short command. “Dolan! Carry Akane and get out of here! Those punks are probably gonna start chasing after us soon!”

As Dolan had attempted to bandage any visible wounds he knew the location they were at weren't safe. Even if the demon was slain there was still the threat of the thugs which could come right around the corner at any moment. Dolan gently lifted her head throwing his backpack over his back ,and lifting Akane since she was still unconscious. He turned to see Miyaji run. Assuming the thugs must have been not too far behind him he began running, "Oh dear! Oh dear! oh dear! It's like were running from a herd of cattle!" Dolan said not wanting to be caught up with the oncoming thugs. As Dolan ran he jumped down a ledge stumbling upon landing nearly hitting his head on a potted plant that was hanging from the side of the building. Dolan continued running ,and as he did he began trying to maintain his breathing.

Dolan wanted to just lean against the wall for a minute. A minute wouldn't hurt right? It's not like they would hurt them if Dolan just leaned against the wall for one good minute, right? Right?! Was it really worth taking a risk? kinda. Dolan was pretty tired. Yet he kept on going not resting even for a minute. As Dolan kept running he wasn't sure if the feeling in his legs were adrenaline or he was just so afraid that his legs refused to stop. One way or another. It seemed like they were getting closer to their destination. At least Dolan wanted to believe that.

Status
Not open for further replies.