• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Demon Slayer AU discussion

For the first enemy theme should it be royal or family

• Royal

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Family

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@OmnipotentOnion @JadeStar @ThAtGuY101 I was planning to have the thugs, after recovering from the shock of Kenshiro dying before their eyes, charging the weakened slayers like “KILL THEM” because they’re shaken and don’t know what else to do. This gives your characters a reason to get away as soon as possible, instead of either walking away as if the punks never existed or spending a post worrying about where they’ll go now.

I’m tagging all of you but I’m mainly addressing Onion because if he’s saving Miyaji in his next post, then he could write this part into it so we can move things along in one reply rather than three (Miyaji being saved, me responding with the thugs attacking, the slayers running away).

I’m not pushing for a post now, in fact I’d even prefer if you waited because I just posted and won’t be able to again till the weekend. Someone replies now and that’ll be three days until the next (that’s not a hard and fast rule but I’m a little paranoid about things slowing down too much.)

I think Dolan should wear a pig mask
Im not quite sure what this is a reference to? I mean he is from a farm so he can probably run around squeaking pretty darn good. If he did wear a mask hopefully it would be a more cute looking oink oink piggy mask ,and not some weird creepy realistic looking mask you'd see some crazy lunatic serial killer wear.

How did Kenshiro die??? I haven't the foggiest clue as I must have either overlooked that in a post or must have missed a notification.

Nevermind. Found it.

Last edited:
I feel like everyone would vote for themselves
Not if you set it to allow 3 votes. Everyone but me only has 2 characters so they can't vote themselves for all 3.

I was gonna vote Shira cause he's sweet and innocent despite being a demon and Clite's English makes him even cuter.

Don't take that the wrong way, it's a good thing. Like when Shirade says to Rin "I gonna help you to deal with him," instant organism.

If it were up to me Id say throw a gold chain or two on Kit ,but I doubt you'd wanna go that route so maybe a purple haori? with a neat design! why? purple cause psychic type is smart pokémans. plus Kit's eyes are purple. Got that matching style going on. That or he can always find a ship and they can be twinzies wearing the same outfit. not literally the same outfit ,but two seperate oufits that look the same. Just wanna clear up any confusion there...

Purple and gold might suit Kit. He used to wear gold haori ,and he could have gold in his current attire as well along with purple. possibly even black and grey like Jade said.

If you don't want the gold chains I'll just toss them on Dolan.

When did Kit's eyes become purple? I looked at his bio and it seems they are now, but I could've sworn they were gold before. I even had a post where Sena mentioned his golden eyes but I guess I'll have to go back and change that.
Haha whoops. I did change that a little bit ago cause I thought it was weird to have gold eyes with breath of shadow. I didn't realize Sena mentioned them. Sorry xD

If it were up to me Id say throw a gold chain or two on Kit ,but I doubt you'd wanna go that route so maybe a purple haori? with a neat design! why? purple cause psychic type is smart pokémans. plus Kit's eyes are purple. Got that matching style going on. That or he can always find a ship and they can be twinzies wearing the same outfit. not literally the same outfit ,but two seperate oufits that look the same. Just wanna clear up any confusion there...

Purple and gold might suit Kit. He used to wear gold haori ,and he could have gold in his current attire as well along with purple. possibly even black and grey like Jade said.

If you don't want the gold chains I'll just toss them on Dolan.
I think I gotta go with more subtle colors since his main thing is stealth

Haha whoops. I did change that a little bit ago cause I thought it was weird to have gold eyes with breath of shadow. I didn't realize Sena mentioned them. Sorry xD

I think I gotta go with more subtle colors since his main thing is stealth

a smokey design could fit that description. dark and light gray wavey horizontal lines with a similar look to smoke. If that in't your speed I'm sure you will come up with something. Either way take your time in deciding.

I hope you don't mind I decided to edit Dolan's Bio as well. Previously I mentioned he had an orange haori in the "other" section ,but I took that out and added it into the "outfit section" and decided to give his outfit a little detail. Thought it was weird I never added that detail. I also gave him a casual wear in case the demon slayers ever decide to wear civilian clothes. If they don't then the casual wear will simply be what he wore before becoming demon slayer.

Demon Slayer
Name: Dolan Larch
Personality: friendly, mild-mannered, polite, forgetful, and occasionally awkward.
Appearance: dull brown short hair combed to the right, cobalt blue eyes, horizontal scar across his nose, 5'7 ft., 155 pounds, muscular, small scars on his arms and torso. He we
Outfit: (casual wear) Dolan wears a a light green sleeveless tunic brown gloves, dark green loose pants, orange trim gold haori with green and orange stars on it ,and light brown geta.
(demon slayer wear) His demon slayer uniform has orange trim. orange jika-tabi with with a gold star on the top of his right jika-tabi. gold haori with green and orange stars on it.
Marking (Optional): four gold rings around his right forearm.
Bird: Screech owl
Weapon: Jian with a star shaped handguard and an orange tassel on the pommel.
Blade Color: GOLD WITH WAVE RIPPLES ALONG THE EDGES OF THE BLADE.
Special Ability (optional): As the user exhales he can increase fluid movements, accuracy, and calmness.
Breath Style: breath of gold (derived from breath of stone)
Techniques:
1st style: fading golden hands - he swings a feint to one side then in the last moment switches his attack to the other side.
2nd style: gold horizon - he swings his blade 540 degrees. a technique he uses when enemies attempt to flank him from the side or behind.
3rd style: golden touch - he sidesteps his opponent and thrusts his attack launching a distance attack which can also be used upclose to impale an opponent.
4th style: golden ring - he swings his sword in a circular motion which he often uses defensively to counter frontal strikes.
5th style: form of gold - his movements become more fluid agile and heightens his reflexes.
6th style: golden apple - he charges his attack launching distance attacks.
7th style: golden scorpion - he lunges towards his opponent then within the last second he sidesteps his opponent and swings his blade in an arcing motion hitting them in the back with an upward vertical thrust.
8th style: golden wind - He launches a barrage or waves of energy forwards.
9th style: gold rush - he swings a variety of techniques as he moves around his opponent effortlessly swinging attacks from all directions and angles seemingly randomly.
10th style: gold crown - he plunges downwards creating a ripple of energy that expands outwards in the shape of a crown which can also be used directly on opponents as opposed to simply hitting the ground
Other: Dolan is a skilled bagua practitioner which is why he incorporates a lot of circular movements in his style.
Backstory: Dolan grew up in a farm town where his father was a blacksmith making mostly farm equipment for the local farming community ,but also made weapons too as occasionally someone would visit the town or a local resident would want something to help him feel safe out in the fields. There was also a bagua expert named Kishi who practiced all sorts of martial arts and even taught Dolan some here and there. One night one night when Dolan and his father were harvesting crops one afternoon he heard his sister had ran in the woods. A place that the elders of the village forbid anyone to go into as there were dangerous cliff sides, caves, dense trees, and all sorts of nasty creatures that roamed the place at night. Dolan ran into the woods to get his sister but before they could get home it became night fall and a chill ran up his spine as they left the forest a bone chilling voice came from behind them. A demon was right behind them however they were extremely lucky as the old bagua instructor in his youth was a demon slayer and had told them to run home. The old man wasn't in top shape anymore however. As the demon lunged towards the little girl Dolan pulled out his iron sword blocking the demons attack but knocking him down in the process ,but giving the old man an opportunity to give a killing blow to the demon. The old man scolded Dolan as they headed back to the village but asked Dolan if he had any plans on becoming a demon hunter. After a night of thinking the next day he accepted to his mothers slightly disappointing as she thought it would be too dangerous. His father and the old man convinced her to reluctantly let him go. After that day the kishi began teaching him far harder and agressive then he ever taught him before. striking him with a wooden stick when he made mistakes and giving him more drills to do when he did them right. Dolan grew tough in the time the old man taught him and learned to hone his breathing as well. he also sent Dolan out in the woods to retrieve various small flags where he would also have to avoid traps as well. Kishi finally believed he was ready for the Final selection.

Google says jeans were invented in 1873 and came to Japan in 1963 but Ken could've gotten his overseas since he's rich.

Maybe if we were slaying demons in the 2000s, I could see Akane in jeans. But like @ThAtGuY101 said, probably not. She's more of a kimono girl anyway, a lovely lady whom her parents tried to marry off. Jeans in this time period were worn by blue-collar workers and I don't imagine Akane looking like she just came from a construction site, but maybe that's just me.

I don't know why I haven't asked this question yet ,but now that Kenshiro is dead what's next? will there be some filler. I love me some filler. Me and filler go together like warm socks on a cold winters day or a custom tailored glove. There will be some time for filler right? Not just jumping face first into the next demon fight? Or are we jumping face first into the next demon fight? Thoughts everybody???

You're actually asking too soon. We haven't gotten there yet since Onion still needs to post up until the slayers flee the scene. Maybe I'll have an answer for you then.
I don't know why I haven't asked this question yet ,but now that Kenshiro is dead what's next?
I don't know if the posts I intend to make for Ren, Shirade, and my other characters in between fights are good enough fillers, but I have several characters to write for and with the amount I already do just to move the plot along, I won't have time to burn my energy writing filler. Not that I don't like the idea, I just can't be the one to do it since I have enough to worry about.

By the way I saw @kageyama 's art for the Haikyuu RP and I was thinking, even if we're not as good, that we could all try to draw each other's OC's. It'll be really fun! I drew this in OneNote earlier today:
upload_2020-4-19_2-59-24.png
Fuck, I got the colors wrong. Should've stuck with yellow highlighter.

Last edited:
You're actually asking too soon. We haven't gotten there yet since Onion still needs to post up until the slayers flee the scene. Maybe I'll have an answer for you then.

I don't know if the posts I intend to make for Ren, Shirade, and my other characters in between fights are good enough fillers, but I have several characters to write for and with the amount I already do just to move the plot along, I won't have time to burn my energy writing filler. Not that I don't like the idea, I just can't be the one to do it since I have enough to worry about.

By the way I saw @kageyama 's art for the Haikyuu RP and I was thinking, even if we're not as good, that we could all try to draw each other's OC's. It'll be really fun! I drew this in OneNote earlier today:
View attachment 803847
Fuck, I got the colors wrong. Should've stuck with yellow highlighter.
I’m honored you like the pfp that much xD

How long should I wait to wake Akane up?
You know I'm glad you asked that. That gives me an answer to @ThAtGuY101 's filler question. When @OmnipotentOnion posts the slayers running away, they'll run straight to the hospital (1910s version) because Akane's been stabbed several times and is losing blood. Hoping at her bedside that she wakes up and makes a full recovery, that'll be your filler.

Filler posts don't even have to be some sort of action in between slaying demons, they can be simple conversation posts. Like Dolan and Miyaji making hushed conversation and reflecting on the dangerous results of their mission, or posts that let the reader know what's going through their heads. Getting to know Miyaji and Dolan's thoughts would be nice because most of their posts have been actions, and this last fight should have given them lots to think about.

And when Akane does wake up, how will she feel? She nearly lost her life, she was the only one of her teammates who recklessly put herself in danger and ended up in a hospital bed, and did any of the things the demon said stick with her? Like I understand she felt sad for Kenshiro and wanted to respond, but does he have a point when he says that humans don't care about their own unless a demon is involved?
Also, I only draw on paper, will that be okay?
I've seen your art, so it's definitely okay. :p

@OmnipotentOnion @ThAtGuY101 Thanks for the posts, guys. Next one can start off with a timeskip to them having arrived at an inn/hospital in the nice part of Korudo (probably something like the house with the Wisteria Family Crest they stayed at in Episode 14, which was run by a family who'd provided hospitality to demon slayers for generations because they saved them in the past).

Either that, or @JadeStar can timeskip by starting off a post with Akane opening her eyes and waking up in a bed with the others at her side. Maybe Dolan and Miyaji won't have time to talk amongst themselves, but they could reflect on the mission as a group instead.

Not that you need to hear all this, I'm only saying it because @ThAtGuY101 's post ended with Dolan running and to prevent the RP from stalling as people are unsure who's timeskipping.

@Mango137 Feel free to ask if you'd like tips on what to do. By the way she can shoot leeches and piranhas (like Upper Moon Five?) and I give you permission to auto her attacking you with them, or containing Kit in a sphere of water, or sucking him in and nearly drowning him, or using her standard water bending powers. As long as you don't go for the kill or make progress yet; Sena has a plan.

Go for it.

They could just leave the slums and go to a nicer side of Korudo.

But you're right. They could also leave the town completely and find an inn with a doctor somewhere else.
If they can just go to the nicer side of karudo that would make a lot more sense practically. Unless the thugs would come there too.

@mallard I did get a chance to see your post. Technically there is a demon slayer spot open but it's only for a girl and most people want to RP as boys.

Actually, show me what you've got, even if it's a boy. If the bio is compelling enough I don't think @Mango137 could refuse you <.> (unless you changed your mind about joining)
Sidenote, in regards to timeakip are we skipping to hospital arrival or recovery?
Hospital arrival. If you've watched Episode 14 of the anime, the place you'd be going isn't a "hospital" but more of a Japanese family house that provides food, a place to sleep, and medical attention.

You could skip to Akane already being in bed and Dolan + Miyaji watching over her with worry, if you'd rather skip the arrival and introductions. She won't have recovered yet, though. I could do the timeskip myself if you want, RPing from the innkeeper's point of view, when I'm free this week.

By the way, I edited a Demon Slayer section into my signature that has an up-to-date version of the Red Demon's nine branches, Sena's bio, and the Mystery Eater.

Last edited:
So theres a family house in korudo town?
The family house is the "hospital" you were supposed to go to. It doesn't have to be in Korudo, because like I said a few posts ago they can leave town and find it somewhere else.

But you decided to stay and go to an actual hospital instead, which is fine, but it's the 1910s so the tech won't be super advanced.
Didn't hecotoro claim that last spot?
He scrapped his character and hasn't posted anything since so it's open.