• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Demon Slayer AU discussion

For the first enemy theme should it be royal or family

• Royal

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Family

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kazu and Phyra have the most professional relationship ever. Anyway, here's the demon slayer Rin and Shirade will be fighting (I could post for them, but I was holding off on it until I finished this.) She passed the same Final Selection as Sena.

Name
: Tora Sakino
Personality: Though she'd been a frail girl throughout childhood, Tora possessed a stubborn attitude and defied her physical limitations. She couldn't run as fast or as far as her peers but did whatever she could to maintain an active lifestyle. However kind she is to humans, she harbors an indiscriminate hatred for demons and, instead of letting them peacefully erode, stabs them to pieces after they've been defeated. What brings the mentally unstable girl greater pleasure is capturing and torturing them, because doing so makes her feel strong and the one thing she hates more than flesh-eating monsters is feeling weak.
Appearance: Tora's piercing yellow eyes, shoulder-length orange hair, and perpetually determined expression make her seem tougher than her unimposing height of 5'2." Tightly bound at her waist, her white, orange-sleeved kimono suggests that she's guarded, but it provides little stealth. Maybe she'd rather stand out than blend in since she always has something to prove.
Marking: N/A
Bird: Crow
Weapon: Katana
Blade Color: ORANGE with BLACK diamonds on the edge at regular intervals
Special Ability: N/A
Breath Style: Breath of the Tiger
Techniques:
  • First Style: Tiger Claw - Fast slash aimed at the target's limbs, usually the legs.
  • Second Style: Hidden Tiger - Breaks enemy stances or dismantles attacks with a focused slash that strikes weak points.
  • Third Style: Queen of the Jungle - 11-slash combo, fast and quite random, hard to block.
  • Fourth Style: Orange Fury - Quick jab and powerful uppercut followed by an attack to the head.
  • Fifth Style: Tiger Senses - Predicts opponents by tracking their muscle movements.
  • Sixth Style: Pounce - Jumps into the air and crashes down on the target as the image of a giant tiger claw surrounds her blade.
  • Seventh Style: Huntress - Leaps over the enemy and executes a back slice with her landing, then, without resting in between, zips back to finish the foe from behind.
  • Eighth Style: Mauling - Rushes the opponent while following a winding path, her blade catching the air around it. After landing the first blow, a series of heavy strikes resembling tiger claws connects from every direction of her approach.
Other: So I used most of Clite's styles with minor word edits, except for Pounce, which I changed slightly, and two that I added, Huntress and Mauling. Tora may have eight but I don't intend for her to be that strong. Eight also happens to be the age at which she decided to become a demon slayer and seek out a master. Finding her wasn't easy, as she happened upon one of the Gladiators' fight clubs along the way and, believing that she could take shortcuts, nearly lost her life.
Backstory:

Damn it!

The other slayers who'd passed that year's Final Selection stood proudly, but a seething Tora was on her knees, cursing internally and beating the ground. Cornered by a demon and escaping only with the assistance of another examinee, she'd hardly survived the last seven days and felt more pathetic than ever before.

The only time in her life that compared was six years ago, when a monster entered her home one night and devoured her mother while she hid in a closet. That seemed to be a common story among the slayers, but what distinguished her experience from theirs was the way she reacted to it. As the demon consumed the only family she had left, Tora was completely powerless. Instead of gazing upon her attacker, the mother had stared down her daughter the entire time she was being ripped apart, deterring her from taking action.

The woman knew how headstrong she was, either because there was no man in the house and she filled her absent father's shoes, or because she refused to accept the reality of her sickly body. Whatever the reason, she needed the girl to suppress that strong will of hers and stay hidden. This was her dying wish, as the intruder sank his teeth into her throat.

But Tora couldn't muster her usual courage anyway. The demon moved on from her mother's corpse and drew closer to the closet, the eight-year-old shrinking further against the wall with every step and burying herself under a pile of clothes. Then, when his eye peeked through the crack in the door and his low, predatory groan filled the quiet space, she came face to face with her own weakness. Though the demon eventually dismissed the presence he thought he'd sensed and disappeared, Tora didn't feel safe from then on. The grief of her mother's murder would pass and never return, since she had no more loved ones to lose. But what lasted in the proud girl was the state of total helplessness, a state she swore she'd never find herself in again.

That was why Tora was here today. She wanted to become a slayer and reassert herself, overcome the monsters who rendered her weak and reminded her the uncomfortable truth she'd denied all her life. So when she looked up at the examinee who'd saved her, the girl's eyes were filled with disdain. Tora felt disrespected by the taller female whose back was turned and whose mind was oblivious to the painful emotions she'd recalled. Because of her intervention, she was incapable of defending herself all over again. The others were too exhausted to say anything, but Tora had words for her.

"Hey! Why did you save me?!" she snapped. "You should've minded your own business and let me handle myself like I was supposed to! Demon slayers who can't are weak!"

Though she wasn't far, it took a long time for her shouting to reach the fellow survivor's ears. She was probably contemplating more important things, but when the words registered, the young woman with icy blue hair finally faced her.

"Hm? I don't remember saving you. Maybe you were just in the way of my target," she answered bluntly, then lowered her gaze and added. "But if you don't want to look weak, get off your knees."

The girl spoke as if Tora wasn't worth her time, and the latter bristled at every word. She sat there for a while as if standing meant proving her point, and when she rose at last, she avoided the other's eyes. A woman who didn't even show half her face had no business talking down to her. But if she was a coward, then what did that make Tora?

Last edited:
Sadly, it has no quicksand relate.. ;_;:angel:

(name) ???-He can dramatically change size and shape at will to help him fight. At beginning it wont be quite strong, but it will constantly become stronger. (Eating full meals etc.)
There you have it! Well, its probably more of general idea, but still.. :up:

So much for Shirade Quicksand-ryoku :p

I’m planning for Shirade and Rin to become some of the strongest demons in the Suicide Squad (personal training from Saito, encounter with Tora, etc.) so that they’ll be given a special role. Their branch sticks to quietly killing people in their sleep but to give them more to do I was thinking they’d travel outside their town on special crime-fighting missions, where they go to dangerous neighborhoods and take out human villains. “Human Slayers,” in other words. Or, Saito would send them to investigate demon organizations that aren’t the Red Demon, but the members are still smart enough to socialize and are evil. Maybe Shiragay is in charge of one of these and that’s how Rin encounters him.

It’ll all be under the guise of righteousness, but in reality the Red Demon wants to be the only Japanese demon collective out there, because if there are too many, they’d have to share resources and the slayers are more likely to discover that demons are capable of organizing. Or not. It’d make no sense to have two groups of demons fighting each other when the slayers are already doing that (and demons can’t kill each other + have the same creator so are therefore on the same side).

Just throwing ideas out there. The “Human Slayer” thing might be better saved for another enemy the Corps is tasked with eliminating. Rin and Shirade will be moving around places though, since the Squad has shops in many different locations.
There isn't much I can post him doing. I already posted him post demon fight. Hes currently with Akane and Miyaji. I could always post him bandaging his wounds or offering to help his teammates, but not much I can think beyond that. Theres also the option to seek shelter.
I was gonna ask @OmnipotentOnion to just timeskip to the next night with all three of them well-rested and reaching the square, briefly summarizing how they took shelter in an inn or something the night before. So we don’t have to deal with the unimportant filler details like bandaging and physically seeking out the inn.

Last edited:
My bad. Onion hadn’t posted in a while and he’s generally been driving the plot on your end so asking him became a habit.
Mind if I asked what I missed? Been so focused of other stuff that I almost forgot this one.
Not much really. The demon slayers are still on the same mission while the demons are doing things that don’t really affect the story (killing suicidal people in their sleep).

Last edited:
That was not the post I planned to write but things don't always go as planned :v

The gist of it is that post the restoration of authority to the Emperor, Japan technically didn't have any noble classes. Rather the 'upper-class' would be members of the government. What she's insinuating is that if the Auctioneer continues to tout his status as 'noble' she'll be forced to interpret that as a rebellion against the crown and she'll act accordingly by executing him.

That was not the post I planned to write but things don't always go as planned :v

The gist of it is that post the restoration of authority to the Emperor, Japan technically didn't have any noble classes. Rather the 'upper-class' would be members of the government. What she's insinuating is that if the Auctioneer continues to tout his status as 'noble' she'll be forced to interpret that as a rebellion against the crown and she'll act accordingly by executing him.
I haven't read your post as of this message but that's fine. As a general point though we don't need to worry too much about historical accuracy in an alternate universe. Post the restoration of authority to the Emperor, Japan technically didn't have a tribe living in the Tottori Sand Dunes (a real place) either. Parts of this RP also don't line up with the Demon Slayer canon, like some demons being able to organize when I remember Episode 7 or 8 explicitly saying they can't (Muzan doesn't want them to rebel or something.) Probably isn't the best example as demons who retain their human memories should be able to group up in the actual show as well.

Either way I'll have a response when I get to it. Crown or not, a death threat is scary enough. And thanks for replying here since it gives me the chance to tell everyone that I have a mountain of online work to catch up on and can't post often. I think one post every 3 days, by anyone, is a good rate, though once every day or two is ideal.

Edit: I've read your post as of now and wanted to clarify that I use the word "noble" in the sense of someone who's wealthier and thinks he/she is better than you because of it. But even if I were using it to describe established classes... something revealed at the end of this arc would allow them to defy the Emperor. ;)

Last edited:
I haven't read your post as of this message but that's fine. As a general point though we don't need to worry too much about historical accuracy in an alternate universe. Post the restoration of authority to the Emperor, Japan technically didn't have a tribe living in the Tottori Sand Dunes (a real place) either. Parts of this RP also don't line up with the Demon Slayer canon, like some demons being able to organize when I remember Episode 7 or 8 explicitly saying they can't (Muzan doesn't want them to rebel or something.) Probably isn't the best example as demons who retain their human memories should be able to group up in the actual show as well.

Either way I'll have a response when I get to it. Crown or not, a death threat is scary enough. And thanks for replying here since it gives me the chance to tell everyone that I have a mountain of online work to catch up on and can't post often. I think one post every 3 days, by anyone, is a good rate, though once every day or two is ideal.

Edit: I've read your post as of now and wanted to clarify that I use the word "noble" in the sense of someone who's wealthier and thinks he/she is better than you because of it. But even if I were using it to describe established classes... something revealed at the end of this arc would allow them to defy the Emperor. ;)
Ahaha, don't worry about it I'm not really bent on following historical accuracies where it doesn't really seem to help. Since Phyra's a merchant herself and finds the actions of the Auctioneers to be rather besmirching to the reputation of merchants everywhere, one of her side goals is to see this operation reformed or shut down.

I'm mostly just playing around with what I have, and this was what I came up with to deliver the necessary impact and get what she wanted.

As for the usage of the word noble, what you've stated is the premise I was going on since their focus is on flaunting their wealth. Twisting it to be 'rebellion against the Emperor' was Phyra's best way of giving herself the moral high-ground and the leverage to actually deliver a solid threat that they couldn't dismiss. What she's trying to do is bluff out the Auctioneer with word-play and sophistry.

(Edit: Well, it's not fully a bluff. I'm just undecided on if I should really have her make that turn for the darker and be willing to follow up on her threat. Ideally, I don't even need to make that choice :v )

I don't even think the military can execute people xD

Well, I'm interested to see what you're gonna reveal now~

@ThAtGuY101 I made Kenshiro taunt Dolan to be the one to climb the tower, since he's the one he has beef with. I also think Dolan needs time to shine because he has like, 10 unseen techniques. I considered Akane but remembered in her bio that she's not one to take charge.

If she and Sena get partnered in the future my girl will give her a hard time...

My posts for Rin and Tomoru will be less frequent because the story doesn't demand them right now. Once I hand the reins over to @Hecotoro (don't worry about the tag for now, it's not time yet) and he makes the next round of demons, then I'll continue with them. I hope @Clite of Dragonbow and @ThAtGuY101 can be patient with their Shira/Ren posts until then :p

Last edited:
Hey so since today's Pride Month and Mango's moving away from Charms I've decided to ship Akane and Sena instead. Sorry Kazu and Dolan, I know your characters wanted girlfriends but since they're lesbians now the only way you'll avoid loneliness is if you make your characters gay and ship each other. Which gives me a perfect way to introduce Shiragay; he runs a fortune teller stall where he uses his fall-in-love-with-anyone-at-first-sight powers to make that happen, for the small price of a quick suck... *ahem* I mean, a quick buck.

I wrote you all a heartfelt poem to convince you that this love is real:

I know they've not met,
And Kit was dead-set,
But Sena is dry,
And Aka gets her wet.

Dolan patted Kazu on the back, "better luck next time" Dolan said. Dolan wasn't bothered to much cause he knew he didn't have a chance anyways. Which is why he decided to focus on wealth and power ,and climb the corporate ladder instead. Dominate the market ,and become filthy rich eccentric billionaire instead.

Cause hes giving mineral water and prune juice to all the thirsty people?
No because Kenshiro is shitting his pants in fear...

So I've watched up to Episode 22 of Demon Slayer as of now, and the fights are short and beautiful. Unfortunately, RPing on this site doesn't allow the battles to be as good because you have to constantly pause between actions just to ask permission if you can hit someone else's character... Hopefully, we can do what we can to make them as epic as possible. Since we're not at the royals or the Branch Leaders yet these particular demons don't need a drawn out, hard-fought battle, but something that's enough of a challenge to do them justice.

I have different ideas about my next post. Don't know whether Kenshiro will have invisible cuts of air come in on Dolan from all sides as he's climbing the tower or send him to the ground with never-ending downbursts. Those are two possible counters and I'm not set on what I'll do yet but be ready to either take the hit and adapt, or somehow deal with it.

I was going for an elaborate story with these three demons but future arcs will be less drawn out and the enemies will be easier to kill. There's a lull in the RP during every fight scene, so battles should be quick and exciting instead, at least until we get to the stronger demons.

@kyuukestu I read one of your last posts over which said that Phyra wanted records of all the vase's previous owners. Since my post has the auctioneer leaving you could either stop him at the door, demand the papers, and he'll look for them in the back room, or he'll produce them from the inside of his coat and throw them at Phyra's feet (or she could let him leave altogether and be like forget it). You have permission to RP the auctioneer by the way and get what you need. Then meet up with Kazu maybe.

A while back I posted the events that will happen later that night (find that post a few pages ago--Basano devours a couple that bought a painting at an auction), but obviously the slayers wouldn't have expected it since they were so focused on the vase. Perhaps they're stationed at what they decide is the likeliest place the demon will strike next (luring out the demon using the vase from a conspicuous location?), or they're observing the neighborhood from a high point, until they hear the screams and rush over. Basano will have hidden in a painting but she'll still be there, which starts off the fight.

No rush on a post. I can't until the weekend anyway.

Last edited:
Zenitsu is my favorite character. I always enjoy seeing goofy characters. Great variety of facial expressions, and a wonderful personality.
tenor.png

@kyuukestu I read one of your last posts over which said that Phyra wanted records of all the vase's previous owners. Since my post has the auctioneer leaving you could either stop him at the door, demand the papers, and he'll look for them in the back room, or he'll produce them from the inside of his coat and throw them at Phyra's feet (or she could let him leave altogether and be like forget it). You have permission to RP the auctioneer by the way and get what you need. Then meet up with Kazu maybe.
Gotcha. I'll probably see about making a post over the weekend. Anything to add @Clite of Dragonbow?

Once every 3 days. That's the goal.

The way I envision this fight ending is Kenshiro catching one of the slayers by the throat and throwing them from a hole in the tower, into the crowd of thugs who all raise their knives to impale him/her (kind of like Scar does Mufasa in Lion King but not really). Then, while he's satisfied with himself, the second slayer cuts him from behind and kills him. If Dolan's the one who's falling to his death, he can probably get out of it with Tenth Style: Golden Crown (a ripple of energy that expands outwards in the shape of a crown and might clear a group of people). If it's Akane… well, she'll figure something out (maybe Miyaji will catch her.)

That both does the fight justice and ends it before it gets too long, though we have to get there first.

Not quite sure how to respond to this. his attack missed which seemed kinda obvious considering every other attempt to attack the demon has failed. I can ignore that just fine and dandy ,but he also got knocked through another stone wall? This fight is giving me dragon ball z vibes going on. Except Dolan won't be turning super saiyan or kamehameha. For the time being I'm not sure what to post after being blasted out of the wall again. I'm assuming he isn't out of the fight. He will likely make a somewhat recovery ,and just maybe there might be another opportunity for him to swing and miss again.

Well I can’t just let Dolan hit him or that would be too easy. The last miss was from miles away and technically this one was a block. Maybe since Akane is surrounded Kenshiro and his group defeat her (involves her getting stabbed) and drag her upstairs where the demon dangles her over the crowd only for Dolan to emerge from the smoke and cut his head off (Kenshiro thought he ended him because sending him through a wall did the job before). Akane will have achieved what she intended to do by buying him enough time.

Needs @JadeStar ’s permission because it involves Akane getting hurt and maybe Miyaji can catch her as she falls.

Edit: Also Jade I did Silencing Clap. Running out of the way before it reaches you is fine but at some point you’ll be frozen in place. Probably kicks in right when you surrounded yourself with thugs.

Last edited: