• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Demon Slayer AU discussion

For the first enemy theme should it be royal or family

• Royal

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Family

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well I can’t just let Dolan hit him or that would be too easy. The last miss was from miles away and technically this one was a block. Maybe since Akane is surrounded Kenshiro and his group defeat her (involves her getting stabbed) and drag her upstairs where the demon dangles her over the crowd only for Dolan to emerge from the smoke and cut his head off (Kenshiro thought he ended him because sending him through a wall did the job before). Akane will have achieved what she intended to do by buying him enough time.

Needs @JadeStar ’s permission because it involves Akane getting hurt and maybe Miyaji can catch her as she falls.

Edit: Also Jade I did Silencing Clap. Running out of the way before it reaches you is fine but at some point you’ll be frozen in place. Probably kicks in right when you surrounded yourself with thugs.

Fair enough. I wasn't actually complaining about any of this of course. I knew the shot golden apple technique he launched up at the tower wouldn't hit him ,and it really doesn't bother me that he blocked his other attack. Really. I posted that comment jokingly. Though looking over it I can see it coming off as sarcastic. Not my intention.

It doesn't matter who slays the demon. I do have a question though. Should I expect Dolan to land on like a rooftop or just flat on the ground?

Thanks in advanced.

Should I expect Dolan to land on like a rooftop or just flat on the ground?
The way I’ve been picturing the tower in my head this whole time is Dolan having entered from the front and blown out the back. He and Kenshiro didn’t meet on the highest floor because if you remember he crawled down from where he was before. So there’s no way he could land on the rooftop if they fought below it.

Dolan would land flat on the ground then, and if I get permission from @JadeStar (Akane doesn’t have to be stabbed, she could be beaten up instead. We could work out exactly how she’d be hurt), Kenshiro will drag Akane back up to where he encountered Dolan and dangle her over the hole he crawled through (back turned to the new hole Dolan made). That gives your character the chance to fly back in there under the cover of smoke and slice the unsuspecting demon from behind (or whatever you come up with). Of course you don’t need to know all this for your next post since we haven’t gotten there yet.

I'll try post him landing to the ground soon. I'm assuming he will likely have time to quickly bandage any bleeding wounds? It's fine if he doesn't I just want to clarify that so to leave that detail out if he doesn't or add it if he does.

Sidenote, I'm shuddering to the thought of the internal bleeding these demon slayers must be facing... Though luckily anime logic in demon slayer is strong. So a couple broken bones or other severe minor injuries shouldn't stop a demon slayer. :up::D

I'm assuming he will likely have time to quickly bandage any bleeding wounds? It's fine if he doesn't I just want to clarify that so to leave that detail out if he doesn't or add it if he does.
I mean, he probably will with the speech Kenshiro intends to give before he throws Akane into the sea of knives, but Dolan stopping every second to bandage himself mid-fight... kinda makes him look like a pansy, doesn’t it? In the anime Tanjiro’s always fighting while tired or injured :p

Remember Kishi’s training and how he put him through nonstop hell? (I feel like Dolan is based off Zenitsu in that regard since you’re a fan of him and he also has a strict master)

Last edited:
After writing that post all I'm thinking is "Kenshiro x Akane" XD

@JadeStar Let me know if you don't approve of anything that's in it, since she gets stabbed, punched, dragged, and thrown all in one post.
@OmnipotentOnion Here's how I was picturing the scene

demonslayer.png

Kenshiro is standing over the front wall, Dolan got blown out the back wall. I guess Miyaji, after reading your post, jumped on a nearby building and flew in through the back wall to kill Ken. Then he asked Dolan to catch Akane… which is kind of a problem since he's now farther from Akane than Miyaji.

I mean, we could resolve this by saying Kenshiro came in from the back wall, blew Dolan out the front and over the thugs' heads, then the demon decided to dangle Akane over the same wall rather than the one through which he'd entered, despite my post saying he threw Akane from his entry point (not Dolan's exit). The original plan was to have Dolan return through the back and slay Kenshiro instead, but I like your post and don't want you to change the details. But I want to know if there's anything that could happen on your end to fix the directions (holes on all four sides of the wall, not just the two?)

@JadeStar Let me know if you don't approve of anything that's in it, since she gets stabbed, punched, dragged, and thrown all in one post.

View attachment 800824

Kenshiro is standing over the front wall, Dolan got blown out the back wall. I guess Miyaji, after reading your post, jumped on a nearby building and flew in through the back wall to kill Ken. Then he asked Dolan to catch Akane… which is kind of a problem since he's now farther from Akane than Miyaji.

I mean, we could resolve this by saying Kenshiro came in from the back wall, blew Dolan out the front and over the thugs' heads, then the demon decided to dangle Akane over the same wall rather than the one through which he'd entered, despite my post saying he threw Akane from his entry point (not Dolan's exit). The original plan was to have Dolan return through the back and slay Kenshiro instead, but I like your post and don't want you to change the details. But I want to know if there's anything that could happen on your end to fixtheythe directions (holes on all four sides of the wall, not just the two?)
took me a minute or two to comprehend what this meant. My two brain cells can only comprehend so much stuff. If Dolan lands near the thugs they will likely attempt to attack him as well right? They might just assume he is dead or not worth the time and effort ,but I don't know if that's how that would go down. Thoughts?

@ThAtGuY101 That would be assuming what I thought happened actually happened, rather than what E.K.A.N.S. had planned; I can't really think of anything to fix the confusion, but assuming we go with what I accidentally brought about, most of the thugs are probably unconscious, seeing as how Miyaji and Akane began dealing with them while Dolan went to confront Ken. The rest are probably at the clock tower, waiting to go all stabby stabby on Akane, who's falling right now, so Dolan could probably get up unnoticed, thanks to the punks' bloodlust, to which Ken's alluded.

@E.K.A.N.S. If it's alright with you, could we go ahead with what you suggested at first, with Dolan getting launched out the front and Ken dangling Akane over from Dolan's exit point?

P.S. I like Ken's hat

False alarm. Reading over my posts it seems I never mentioned Kenshiro dangling Akane over the hole through which he'd entered. Nor did I say in the RP that Ken came in from the front and blew Dolan out the back. That is something I said in the discussion though.

So as far as the actual thread goes, it's up to the reader's interpretation.
took me a minute or two to comprehend what this meant. My two brain cells can only comprehend so much stuff. If Dolan lands near the thugs they will likely attempt to attack him as well right? They might just assume he is dead or not worth the time and effort ,but I don't know if that's how that would go down. Thoughts?
So this is how it looks now:

demonslayer.png

Yeah, so Dolan did get blown in the same direction of the thugs (according to this new picture), but Miyaji was holding them off at the time so they couldn't get to him. And now they're distracted by Kenshiro throwing Akane toward them.

Maybe the first row of thugs is still looking in Dolan's direction and saw Miyaji disappear. If they're blocking Dolan's way, he can just jump onto their heads like Akane did and catch her before she hits the ground. Or jump over them, use Tenth Style: Golden Crown to clear the crowd, and catch her in the safe zone he created.

^This new drawing has Kenshiro coming in from the back, blowing Dolan out the front, and throwing Akane out the front as well.

@OmnipotentOnion They're horns.

@ThAtGuY101 You can also take Onion's suggestions instead. I wrote most of this before he posted anyway.

I replied because once every three days is something I'm sticking to. What the story needs now is a post from @kyuukestu and one from @ThAtGuY101 catching Akane.

The reason (besides the fact that it's not super important for the RP right now) that I'm not posting for Rin is that I might introduce Tora in the next developments of that arc, and to do that I need Kit and Sena to finish their mission so she can meet them/one of them in between.

@Mango137 Speaking of future developments, Sena having more than her current six forms. I'm aware that Breath Styles don't grant supernatural powers, but that doesn't mean she has to kick up sand just to attack and that she'd be useless if there weren't any. In the same way that Tanjiro's slashes make water out of thin air (maybe one could explain it by saying the fluid motions of his blade catch moisture in the air), Sena's make sand (or I could say the force of her blade draws in the particles of dust that are present everywhere). She should also be able to launch a swirling shot of sand from long range just by swinging her sword, like how Dolan can fire a golden arrow.

Some of our current powers are borderline supernatural and the line's really blurred but as I understand it, they need some physical basis whether it's our character's movements or humming. Like in the first bio I wrote for Sena (Sen) she randomly thrusts her sword and summons a sandstorm, which doesn't work.

I'm letting you know before I try anything though.

Last edited:
Okay! I'll try get a post in tonight. If I don't get a post in within the next two hours tomorrow for sure.

Sidenote, finally got around to watching the rest of the demon slayer season 1. and I gotta say. The show can ue a lot more of this.
Tanjiro is amazing! If he hones that ability he could probably bash a demon's face in like a bowl!.
tenor.gif

Great little group. Tanjiro making Inosuke foam of the mouth and dropping hashiras like its hot.

Him and his fellow bros Zenitsu and Inosuke make a great time. Zenitsu and his crazy shenanigans.and Inosuke constantly pronouncing gonpachiro's name wrong.

Hagenezuka is also amazing. Underrated character.
tumblr_py75xdDPMj1spzwwao5_500.gifv

Then lastly my favorite Hashira! As much as I wanna say Kyojuro the fire hashira is my favorite because his amazing character design but its actually Muichiro. For some reason I find his personality oddly relate-able ,but I'm not intirely sure why, hey look! a bird outside my window! wait. what was I posting about again?
7dc83c70819c90bfdf02f3c50d80b039f487d3ec.gif

I replied because once every three days is something I'm sticking to. What the story needs now is a post from @kyuukestu and one from @ThAtGuY101 catching Akane.

The reason (besides the fact that it's not super important for the RP right now) that I'm not posting for Rin is that I might introduce Tora in the next developments of that arc, and to do that I need Kit and Sena to finish their mission so she can meet them/one of them in between.

@Mango137 Speaking of future developments, Sena having more than her current six forms. I'm aware that Breath Styles don't grant supernatural powers, but that doesn't mean she has to kick up sand just to attack and that she'd be useless if there weren't any. In the same way that Tanjiro's slashes make water out of thin air (maybe one could explain it by saying the fluid motions of his blade catch moisture in the air), Sena's make sand (or I could say the force of her blade draws in the particles of dust that are present everywhere). She should also be able to launch a swirling shot of sand from long range just by swinging her sword, like how Dolan can fire a golden arrow.

Some of our current powers are borderline supernatural and the line's really blurred but as I understand it, they need some physical basis whether it's our character's movements or humming. Like in the first bio I wrote for Sena (Sen) she randomly thrusts her sword and summons a sandstorm, which doesn't work.

I'm letting you know before I try anything though.
Grabbing the dust is a super cool idea!!!

Since you guys are talking about styles, can I make up the ones that are missing for Akane?
Also I just realized that Mango and I have been calling the various Forms "Styles" when that refers to the Breathing technique as a whole. I didn't know much about Demon Slayer when I registered so I just went off what he called them.

That might be Naruto playing tricks on us by calling everything X Style: Y Jutsu. Makes sense, Kit even has his own Shadow Clone.

Inosuke calls his techniques "Fangs" but I believe Breath of Flames has "Forms."

Last edited:
I would imagine the breathe styles may differ from user to user.

look at actual martial arts for example, If you take 5 different styles that all practice the same forms. Despite them doing the same forms you will likely see slight differences ,and in some extreme cases look completely different. (Example; one style may use wider stances than the other or longer stances than the other. They might even use a different stance completely)

Similar to the example I used you would think breathe styles may have some some users that fight different from one another.

Also I just realized that Mango and I have been calling the various Forms "Styles" when that refers to the Breathing technique as a whole. I didn't know much about Demon Slayer when I registered so I just went off what he called them.

That might be Naruto playing tricks on us by calling everything X Style: Y Jutsu. Makes sense, Kit even has his own Shadow Clone.

Inosuke calls his techniques "Fangs" but I believe Breath of Flames has "Forms."
Oh yeah you’re right. I thought of that awhile ago but I must’ve forgotten to say anything. I think technically there are different breath styles and then within those styles there are different forms.

@kyuukestu I read one of your last posts over which said that Phyra wanted records of all the vase's previous owners. Since my post has the auctioneer leaving you could either stop him at the door, demand the papers, and he'll look for them in the back room, or he'll produce them from the inside of his coat and throw them at Phyra's feet (or she could let him leave altogether and be like forget it). You have permission to RP the auctioneer by the way and get what you need. Then meet up with Kazu maybe.

A while back I posted the events that will happen later that night (find that post a few pages ago--Basano devours a couple that bought a painting at an auction), but obviously the slayers wouldn't have expected it since they were so focused on the vase. Perhaps they're stationed at what they decide is the likeliest place the demon will strike next (luring out the demon using the vase from a conspicuous location?), or they're observing the neighborhood from a high point, until they hear the screams and rush over. Basano will have hidden in a painting but she'll still be there, which starts off the fight.

Anything else happened since?

I've been off-grid for about two weeks as teachers and Covid struggle to decide who can kill me faster. If all goes well I'll be posting tonight.

View attachment 800824

I mean, we could resolve this by saying Kenshiro came in from the back wall, blew Dolan out the front and over the thugs' heads, then the demon decided to dangle Akane over the same wall rather than the one through which he'd entered, despite my post saying he threw Akane from his entry point (not Dolan's exit). The original plan was to have Dolan return through the back and slay Kenshiro instead, but I like your post and don't want you to change the details. But I want to know if there's anything that could happen on your end to fix the directions (holes on all four sides of the wall, not just the two?)

False alarm. Reading over my posts it seems I never mentioned Kenshiro dangling Akane over the hole through which he'd entered. Nor did I say in the RP that Ken came in from the front and blew Dolan out the back. That is something I said in the discussion though.

So as far as the actual thread goes, it's up to the reader's interpretation.

So this is how it looks now:

View attachment 800880

Yeah, so Dolan did get blown in the same direction of the thugs (according to this new picture), but Miyaji was holding them off at the time so they couldn't get to him. And now they're distracted by Kenshiro throwing Akane toward them.

Maybe the first row of thugs is still looking in Dolan's direction and saw Miyaji disappear. If they're blocking Dolan's way, he can just jump onto their heads like Akane did and catch her before she hits the ground. Or jump over them, use Tenth Style: Golden Crown to clear the crowd, and catch her in the safe zone he created.

^This new drawing has Kenshiro coming in from the back, blowing Dolan out the front, and throwing Akane out the front as well.

@OmnipotentOnion They're horns.

@ThAtGuY101 You can also take Onion's suggestions instead. I wrote most of this before he posted anyway.
awwwwww those drawings are so cute ~ ♥

That explanation about Sena having extra powers might've been too long and confusing. What I meant was, I can leave it at "she conjures sand out of thin air" without it being supernatural since crazier things happen in the canon/this RP. I only included the dust grabbing as additional justification if needed and might not even use it, but thanks.
Anything else happened since?
Pertaining to you, not really.

The Basano RP post didn't happen "since" though, as I made it a long time ago while you were still here and you liked it back then which means you read it. The events in it occur later tonight though.
I've been off-grid for about two weeks as teachers and Covid struggle to decide who can kill me faster.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
awwwwww those drawings are so cute ~ ♥
I recently bought a character art course off Udemy and when the story finishes I'm gonna see if I can draw our OCs. I'd have to quit RPing after Demon Slayer to get good enough though.

@JadeStar Next thing that happens is Akane falling into Dolan's arms since he's in position now, though a lot more could go into your post like reflecting on the things Kenshiro said and seeing his head slide off as she falls to her death. My last Ken post gives you lots to work with.

I'm planning to do one or however many more replies that involve his interactions with Miyaji as he regains his human memories and fades away. @ThAtGuY101 I know you're not too keen on ships but after Akane's caught maybe Dolan asks if she's okay? She's in terrible shape and probably losing a lot of blood.

Oh yeah, speaking of ships, wanna hear a corny joke?

What do you call Akane x Kit?
A cute Aka-nine <.>

Clite is just seething with rage behind his computer screen that anyone dare ship Akane with someone other than Kazu​
And how do you know that? I don't remember telling you (I am not in rage, please not assume such things) :o
... Nevermind, not important now.

Oh by the way guys I found this comment on Muzan's wiki page​
807659_upload_2020-4-13_5-1-8.png

And then this image

And then this video

I lol'd. They both died of drugs too. XD​
Michael Jackson died and got isekaied to another world as Demon named Muzan.

Joking, Clite.
Michael Jackson died and got isekaied to another world as Demon named Muzan.
That's why he can't walk in the sun

He can only Moonwalk

@kyuukestu Maybe on the records you'll find that the first place the vase was sold from was actually an old commoner's antique shop, but every subsequent death shot up the value until it found its way into the upper classes. Since the first death was a commoner that'll dispel the notion that the demon only targets rich people.

But where could you go from there? Probably find a single/few owners on the list who haven't been killed and go to their houses at night thinking that's where the demon will appear. Then you hear screams and run over to the actual place she struck and realize you're too late (contents of my last Basano post waaay back). Just an idea, though you could have better ones.

Once this arc finishes (Kenshiro, Basano, and Rurona are all dead) I'm thinking of doing a character popularity poll like they do with the actual show. Or maybe the Arcanine can do it since it's his thread.
I don't know why but the demon's death was so sad ;_; I felt so bad for him. Next time I'll have Akane try and talk to them.
Great idea, just try not to get killed.

Actually that's good for Akane's development since she wears her heart on her sleeve (right?) and will realize how dangerous talking to them is. Unless you mean talking while fighting, which might make the fight scenes more interesting because they're my least favorite thing to write and the outcome is all that matters.

I'd call him Mango in a world where his name is Arcanine137 and his pfp is a fruit. I hope it doesn't get so annoying that he changes it. D:
i like how you refer to mango as "the arcanine"
i like how your lower case typing makes everything you say sound like sarcasm
I guess it will depend on the situation, but Akane talking to demons would be big for her, since she only sees them as monster's.
Can we vote for Inosuke?
Inosuke isn't a character in this RP and we all have our own to write for, so no unfortunately...

Inosuke is amazing. I love how his personality temporarily changed after his fight with the spider father. And that deep voice! Dam Inosuke. Inosuke should become a blues singer.

Inosuke: I used to slay demons
Tanjiro and zenitsu(backup singers): He used to slay demons!
Inosuke: With a guy named Gonpachiro
Tanjiro and Zenitsu: with Gonpachiro!
Inosuke: Oh woe is me!
Tanjiro and Zenitsu: Oh woe is him!
Inosuke: I used to slay demons!
Tanjiro and Zenitsu: he used to slay demons!
Insosuke: Now I'm sitting right here singing songs with Tanguro and the blonde boy!
Tanjiro and Zenitsu: Hes singing songs!
*Inosuke harmonica solo*

Despite this Zenitsu is still BEST BOI in my opinion.