• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Demon Slayer AU discussion

For the first enemy theme should it be royal or family

• Royal

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Family

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
14 notifications and a stream of posts is always nice to wake up to.
I have summer classes but Monday is a holiday and I don't mind committing several hours for back-to-back responses to this RP xD
When I saw that you were joining a new RP, I thought you weren’t interested in this anymore and were too nice to tell us.

If we were finishing your arc, then what I’d need from you now is a time-skip post; start Phyra and Kazu off at night, in what they decide—based on the ownership records or a conspicuous location where the demon will notice the vase—is the likeliest place Basano will appear. They’ll then hear the screams of the real location and arrive at the completed murder scene with the demon having hidden in a painting.

If you can’t do that, end where you are now and leave your arc for Season 2.
Well, tell me about this larger story.
You have to kill the demon first.
Unlike Sena, Kit felt no pity for the crippled demon standing on the water across from him.
I never said Sena felt pity. The part about Rurona not knowing what she was doing or showing love the way a demon would was just narration to show how demons think.

Last edited:
If we were finishing your arc, then what I’d need from you now is a time-skip post; start Phyra and Kazu off at night, in what they decide—based on the ownership records or a conspicuous location where the demon will notice the vase—is the likeliest place Basano will appear. They’ll then hear the screams of the real location and arrive at the completed murder scene with the demon having hidden in a painting.

If you can’t do that, end where you are now and leave your arc for Season 2.
I think that we can...

Phyra and Kazu are gonna hold right here until the screams reveal the real location and we can go fight our demon. I'm assuming its a post from @E.K.A.N.S. , however, I could just as well have them hear the scream in a post and then have them rush over to the real location.

Miyaji should've hid under the bed lol
Phyra and Kazu are gonna hold right here until the screams reveal the real location and we can go fight our demon. I'm assuming its a post from @E.K.A.N.S. , however, I could just as well have them hear the scream in a post and then have them rush over to the real location.
The latter. I provided everything you need in this post:
"That painting we won at the auction today is simply gorgeous, isn't it?"

Night had fallen, and the wealthy woman who'd asked the question was wrapped in the covers of a regal bed.

"Of course it is," her husband agreed. "When one has enough money, he develops an eye for true beauty, not the common things the peasantry finds attractive."

Though the affluent couple admired her, the female subject wasn't flattered, scowling at the two in the darkness and stepping from the picture. Basano gingerly dipped her toe back into the real world and drew closer to their bed, killing intent peaking within her as her next victims waned out of consciousness. A levitating fire poker accompanied her, turning over in the air and studying its targets before it'd plunge into them.

But what Basano instead released were her joined fingers, snapping and flicking on the lights. The wife squinted through the brightness, vaguely discerning the demon's shape but not realizing the danger she was in.

"Huh...? Who are you... and what are you doing in my house?" she questioned groggily, then noticed her silky, loose-fitting kimono and shook her husband awake. "Did you seriously bring a prostitute here?! Have you been seeing this woman behind my back?!"

"Hmm...? What are you talking about? Like I said, I have an eye for true beauty, not common whores the peasantry finds attractive," the man responded, not knowing whom she was referring to.

"Then who is this woman standing at the foot of our bed?!"

He looked ahead and finally acknowledged Basano, his adjusting eyes colored with surprise.

"I don't know! I've never seen her in my life!" he yelled. "What are you doing in my house, wench?!"

The calmly observing demon simply smirked, finding as much beauty in the picture of their startled faces as they had in her disguise. The art had lost its alluring quality the second she'd slipped out, and soon, the life would similarly leave her victims' bodies. Their words were cheapened with fear, but Basano's were rich, husky, and sadistic.

"I'm a hungry demon... and your greed is vast enough to fill me right up~"

"Oh. You're one of those people," the capitalist said with an awkward laugh, dismissing her as some crazy poor lady who'd broken in. To the well-off, demons were nothing more than myths, and honestly, he'd have been more scared if she'd introduced herself as a prostitute and his wife found out that he'd indeed been romping with random women. "Look, if you want money or something, I'll give you a few bucks and you'll be on your way. How does that-"

He was cut short when blood splattered his face and a steel rod extended into his peripheral vision. When the pain didn't come, a grim realization kicked in, and his neck creaked slowly to the side. His eyes instantly froze at the fire poker lodged in his wife's neck, horrified not by the death of a woman on whom he'd cheated many times, but by the thought of meeting the same fate.

"N-no! Not a few bucks! I'll... I'll give you my whole fortune if you spare me! Is that better?!" he shouted in despair.

To an immortal who no longer lived in the human world, money held no value. If Basano killed for a nobler cause than sating her appetite, it was to teach humans that wealth made them no better than others. So when blood splashed the walls and screams filled the room, she was accepting his offer and taking what she considered a man's true worth—his life.

"Demons are real..." she cooed, consuming the corpses and disappearing anew.
You can write the screams. That would literally be one line from me, whereas a post from you would involve hearing them and rushing over which is more substantive.

waiting for his next mission. I have skimmed in the past ,but lately I've surprisingly been doing less of that. Actually did read all the posts... Well close enough.

Sorry, I should have clarified; unless Dolan had followed Akane back to her room and saw Miyaji, he wouldn’t have been able to see or talk to him, since Miyaji talked to Akane for only a couple of minutes and left as soon as he was done

I'll stick with that for now. I decided to split up what happens because I want to get Kit's reaction to being asked to drop the sword (and win the fight with his other one, he'll "fuck" them up)

Bad joke, sorry. I was going to add a part for Kazu and Phyra but my neighbors were making noise so I stopped there xD

@Mango137 So question, where's Kit standing? Is it here:

drawing1.png

Or here:

drawing2.png

My original picture of the scene had the camp beside the lake, but your last post had Sena fading into the night and Kit leaving to go somewhere so I added a forest in between. Ignore the curved line around the camp, that was supposed to be a fence but let's stick with forest behind the cabins instead. Rectangle at the bottom is the gate/camp entrance.

You said he ran over to Sena, so that would be picture #1, right? Picture #2 is him emerging from the forest and overhearing from where he is.

I'll stick with that for now. I decided to split up what happens because I want to get Kit's reaction to being asked to drop the sword (and win the fight with his other one, he'll "fuck" them up)

Bad joke, sorry. I was going to add a part for Kazu and Phyra but my neighbors were making noise so I stopped there xD

@Mango137 So question, where's Kit standing? Is it here:

View attachment 818578
Or here:

View attachment 818580

My original picture of the scene had the camp beside the lake, but your last post had Sena fading into the night and Kit leaving to go somewhere so I added a forest in between. Ignore the curved line around the camp, that was supposed to be a fence but let's stick with forest behind the cabins instead. Rectangle at the bottom is the gate/camp entrance.

You said he ran over to Sena, so that would be picture #1, right? Picture #2 is him emerging from the forest and overhearing from where he is.
Started at two but he ran over and is currently at the first one

And now my watch has ended (A cookie for whoever gets the reference). It was truly a fun time and I'd like to thank you all for participating and a special thanks to @E.K.A.N.S. for doing so much extra work.

@JadeStar I'm sorry, but I don't think I have a season 2 in me. I have been slowly drifting away from charms as well and I don't want to start another rp if I can't fully commit to it. That being said, I fully encourage you or anyone else to take this format and at least my plot lines for yourselves and continue the rp if that is what you desire. I may even stop in and advise or potentially join, but for now, my days slaying demons with Kit are over.

And now my watch has ended (A cookie for whoever gets the reference). It was truly a fun time and I'd like to thank you all for participating and a special thanks to @E.K.A.N.S. for doing so much extra work.

@JadeStar I'm sorry, but I don't think I have a season 2 in me. I have been slowly drifting away from charms as well and I don't want to start another rp if I can't fully commit to it. That being said, I fully encourage you or anyone else to take this format and at least my plot lines for yourselves and continue the rp if that is what you desire. I may even stop in and advise or potentially join, but for now, my days slaying demons with Kit are over.
So, you are leaving?.. :(
It was a truly great rp Mango!
I had a lot of fun ^^
Just as stated earlier, come to say hi when you got back
Thanks for everything

The memorial gathering will be at 8:30am. The funeral service will be at 9:45am. There is a complimentary lunch provided at 12:00pm. Please dress formally ,and show up 15 minutes early if you can. RIP Mango... You will be missed.

Don't worry. I already got the eulogy prepped in advanced.

Like said earlier... Do feel free to drop by from time to time. Maybe say hi, flip the bird ,or just stare from a distance.

@Clite of Dragonbow @kyuukestu So I edited your arc's part into my last post and there are ways to get out of/avoid the situations Basano is attempting to put you in, which is up to you. Like I said, your guys' arc is the most interesting so you have a lot to be excited about (and you'll know when it gets to that point).

@Mango137 You don't have to change anything since that's a lot of work for someone who's leaving. Deleting it is fine. Sorry how things turned out, I should've shared more plot details with you and let Kit figure them out instead of Sena constantly stealing the spotlight. Still a lot of good came out of this RP and it's generally been a blast. Take it easy and enjoy your summer.

Happy early Father’s Day! I learned a new recipe and made my dad something nice. I hope you and all your loved ones are having a good weekend, mine was kind of exhausting.

It’s been about a week since I edited my post and no one has replied yet, so I thought I’d share my plans for the fight’s end. What Basano did was slide the floor under Kazu out of the way like a trap door, causing him to fall, and slide it back into place just as his neck passes, with enough force to either cut his head off or get it stuck between the floorboards. He could handle this in two ways, either notice the floor before it moves and jump to safer ground, or jam the floorboard with his sword before it slides back into place and closes on his throat. Either way, he’ll have to act fast. The demon taunted him for not being able to draw her out in the last post, so we should fix that. Maybe a distant flash of lightning occurs (no sound of thunder, meaning the storm is too far away and going somewhere else, or fast approaching the desert and not arrived yet) that briefly gives Kazu visibility and reveals the wickedly smirking painting where Basano is hiding and her eyes staring right at him; he notices something is weird about it and decides to attack it from his position. She slips out at the last second (my next post after Clite’s) and hides in a nail sticking from the ceiling, a chandelier, a light, etc. As Phyra is distracted repelling her attacks and making herself aware of what’s behind her, Basano drops from above with a wire in hand (a string plucked from a harp or some other chord that can cut someone’s throat), tries to put her in a noose and choke her. She assumed the slayer wasn’t paying attention to the ceiling, but this ends up being a grave miscalculation and Phyra swiftly decapitates her. Then Basano does something with her last bit of strength...

@Clite of Dragonbow Feel free to auto different objects flying at you (or bunching together into a furniture monster, whatever you like) in addition to the splinters, if you think Kazu’s situation isn’t hard enough and need to make it more interesting. You can also control the weather and make the distant thunderstorm reach the desert 10 minutes after the initial flash (rain apparently dries before it hits the ground but lightning is still a thing in deserts, correct me if I’m wrong.) These are all just ideas and if you had other plans then go with those, but I decided to offer alternatives since the thread hasn’t had a serious post in a while. And if there’s anything either of you would like to see (if you’d prefer it were slightly more drawn out or happened differently) let me know.

Last edited:
Happy early Father’s Day! I learned a new recipe and made my dad something nice. I hope you and all your loved ones are having a good weekend, mine was kind of exhausting.

It’s been about a week since I edited my post and no one has replied yet, so I thought I’d share my plans for the fight’s end. What Basano did was slide the floor under Kazu out of the way like a trap door, causing him to fall, and slide it back into place just as his neck passes, with enough force to either cut his head off or get it stuck between the floorboards. He could handle this in two ways, either notice the floor before it moves and jump to safer ground, or jam the floorboard with his sword before it slides back into place and closes on his throat. Either way, he’ll have to act fast. The demon taunted him for not being able to draw her out in the last post, so we should fix that. Maybe a distant flash of lightning occurs (no sound of thunder, meaning the storm is too far away and going somewhere else, or fast approaching the desert and not arrived yet) that briefly gives Kazu visibility and reveals the wickedly smirking painting where Basano is hiding and her eyes staring right at him; he notices something is weird about it and decides to attack it from his position. She slips out at the last second (my next post after Clite’s) and hides in a nail sticking from the ceiling, a chandelier, a light, etc. As Phyra is distracted repelling her attacks and making herself aware of what’s behind her, Basano drops from above with a wire in hand (a string plucked from a harp or some other chord that can cut someone’s throat), tries to put her in a noose and choke her. She assumed the slayer wasn’t paying attention to the ceiling, but this ends up being a grave miscalculation and Phyra swiftly decapitates her. Then Basano does something with her last bit of strength...

@Clite of Dragonbow Feel free to auto different objects flying at you (or bunching together into a furniture monster, whatever you like) in addition to the splinters, if you think Kazu’s situation isn’t hard enough and need to make it more interesting. You can also control the weather and make the distant thunderstorm reach the desert 10 minutes after the initial flash (rain apparently dries before it hits the ground but lightning is still a thing in deserts, correct me if I’m wrong.) These are all just ideas and if you had other plans then go with those, but I decided to offer alternatives since the thread hasn’t had a serious post in a while. And if there’s anything either of you would like to see (if you’d prefer it were slightly more drawn out or happened differently) let me know.

We had actually already planned out our responses it just involved Kazu attacking first and I've been waiting for Clite to post.

Our plan was to have Kazu strike out with an AoE stance, something like Thunder Swarm

which would wreck the room, and disrupt most of the flying junk going around. That would give Phyra some more leeway to pick up speed and she's going to build up to Torrential Storm. Essentially we plan to hit fast, hard, and in every direction, shredding the room and everything in it. (Ideally that includes Basara, but lacking that I would've tried to take the fight outside lel)

Epic stuff from kyuu and Clite. I'm not much of a combat writer though. I love developing characters and the plot but despise writing fight scenes. I'm impatient when doing so since my brain treats them like filler as if the outcome is all that matters. Plus I don't want to make common demons too strong or beleaguer the RP with drawn-out battles, when we have Saito, the Mystery Eater, and other important Season 2 villains to worry about.

@Clite of Dragonbow Anyway yeah, Kazu can actually do something, which is avoid a headless Basano who made one last attempt at hanging him and get out of this situation. I don't know about Shirade though; I'm done with Rin, so I can't reply to anything you post for him.

One more response needed for Kit and Sena's arc, not sure when I'll get to it. For Kazu and Phyra:

As the mansion burns, people from the poor district are beaten and dragged away by men at night, through the affluent neighborhood and past a guarded gate into ruling class territory, which is smooth gray pavement and a long walkway to a large black castle that overlooks Hokori. The slayers have completed their mission and see it happen.

Last edited: