• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Demon Slayer AU discussion

For the first enemy theme should it be royal or family

• Royal

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Family

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Phyra- Probably the best potential breath style; however, she lacks formal training and requires a buildup. I feel like she could definitely end up the strongest.
I'm not sure if you sussed out my intentions with Phyra or if it was just lucky phrasing, but you're spot on with the lack of 'formal training' bit, and the Breath of Rain will likely never be a very formal and consistent breath style.

Part of the reason I made Phyra's special quick muscle memory, is so that when she met up with other Demon Slayers and got a chance to see and observe their breath styles, she'd have an easier time integrating their moves into her own breath style once she does a bit of practice.

IN FACT, I'm already half-way done with an additional stance based on Miyaji's Plumes of Smoke + Magma Flow Stances, and I've also got a temporary, maybe permanent, name for it — Paper Tiger before the Storm.

Though I'll probably touch up that name a bit, or change the wording...

I actually can't wait to meet Kazure, because the Breath of Thunder, specifically the way the first form can be stacked over itself, was how I planned to improve the first stance of the breath of rain. I noted that it could be done in the breath description
Raindrop can be used consecutively to build into another stance.

but I want to wait until Phyra witnesses Thunderclap & Flash nth fold before I actually have her attempt using that.

That being said, Phyra still needs to develop or rather, settle into her breath style. I try to emphasize how tiring she finds her breath style, and her new weapon is also something she'll need to get used to. You could probably put Phyra a few spots lower since she can't fight at maximum effectiveness for now.

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
I completely agree with Akane being last :) I don't know as much about this world like all of you do, which means Akane doesn't either. I literally have to look up her styles every time I'm going to use one :D She will become better as I get used to this, but meanwhile she will be just a scared beginner.

Dolan- formal training with a demon slayer. Breath of gold just seems a little weaker than breath of lightning and he seems more fun/ less serious than Kazure so keeps him lower in terms of combat.

I wouldn't say it was weaker than breath of lightning per say... also his bagua compliments his sword fighting. The comedy bit usually just leads people to believe he's either weak/incompetent...

Shirade was disgusted with himself... But he needed to do this. Hidden in a cave, he was forced to steal dead human body, as blood he had with himself has ended. He has forced himself to eat it.
But let us not forget that Shirage keep moving around the country and he was in that cave litteraly 2 weeks ago.
Of course. I couldn't forget something that never happened :p

Last post on Shirage being in a cave was around November 22nd, so maybe 2+ weeks in real life. But in RP time, that was your last update on where he was, so you basically teleported. Maybe that's his Blood Demon Art

I'll track you down eventually. >:D
Name: Arashi
Speaking of Clite's characters, I just noticed that yours shares the name of Kazu's bird. That's perfect, because if Pearlan ever meets Kazu, he'll have an arsenal of bird-related insults when he next sees Arashi.

I don't know (as of this message, cause I might stay up) if I'll be able to respond tonight... or even tomorrow (my professor gave me another post-semester extension and I'm using it, got the online final done, now I need to finish as much as I can of these projects before the end of the week). But since you introduced this character, I'll just warn you now that my Pearlan posts contain distinct evil plans that I intend to start and wrap up in one reply each, so there'll be a lot of skipping and assuming that Arashi is tagging along. Since I need to get these posts through and I don't want to have to talk them over with you every time... (since you'll know what happens already and that takes the fun out of it, plus I generally dislike revealing all my plans) I'll be moving some of these plots along without asking, unless the scheme of the day involves Arashi getting his ass kicked.

Also, not saying anyone does, but if y'all think that my Pearlan posts contribute nothing to your story, trust me, they do. It's a slow development, but I'm actually setting something up. I always do things for a reason. ;)
I'd totally help you...but we don't appear to be studying the same programming language. Otherwise, it seems you're way ahead of me in the programming skills department.
I'm doing C++. But don't worry, you'll have plenty of time to catch up as I retake it next semester. Then we can PM each other our homework :D

Or not, I'll also be getting in groups, starting things earlier, tutoring, and asking for help sooner, which were all things I didn't do this semester. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Pretty sure Dukes are not limited.
A bit of a stretch on the lewdbility.
Know what else is a stretch? Your reasons to double-post.

It helps that we have the whole mystery eater arc first though, that way it’ll be realistic that the demon slayers have gotten strong enough to the point where 4 of them could defeat a duke or duchess.
You know, I think the top three Branch Leaders are close to, or even on par with, the Dukes and Duchesses in terms of strength. The Red Demon is a secret organization whose members aren't in the spotlight, but some of the strongest warriors fester in that dark, demon underworld. The top members constantly get the biggest share of bodies, so they grow incredibly strong incredibly fast. The Mystery Eater himself is nowhere near the most powerful in his enterprise. The Red Demon's foot soldiers are also slightly stronger (or more intelligent) than the common street demon, since they're trained to make the most out of their enhanced strength instead of throwing themselves at their enemies like rabid, unthinking monsters. Not just anyone can join; one has to show that they're capable of sharing resources, using their head, suppressing their ravenous appetites if only for a bit, and working within an organization. Maybe I should say all of that in an RP post, but I'll say it early so there won't be confusion later.

The fight with Vero looks the most interesting to me so far. Maybe that's because there's more room to work with, while the others are confined to a cave and an antique shop.

Anyway, here's a new demon:

Name: Father Sagi
Personality: Outwardly kind, level-headed, and unassuming, Sagi is really a disturbed, twisted individual with a hunger for both flesh and power.
Appearance: The 6'3" Sagi wears priestly black robes whose torso is emblazoned with a yellow cross. Just as there are no pretentious hints of gold in this design, so too are there no pompous flares in his humble, gray hair, which is subdued by a black zucchetto. His glasses make no pretenses either, revealing everything, from eyes narrowed shut to crow's feet carved into his face by excessive grinning. He's worn this warm expression to the point that it's overcooked, his smile muscles rivaled only by the big, strong hands that hang restrainedly from his sleeves, perfect for strangling.
Blood Demon Art: Sagi can swell parts or his whole body to the size of a giant's.
Techniques: Slamming his enlarged hands to the ground is enough to cause a small tremor or a fissure in the ground. Growing bigger is an application of the regenerative capabilities that all demons possess, but Sagi's are far more advanced, not ceasing when his wounds are healed. A larger frame renders his foes' attacks smaller and less effective, so they'll have to resort to broad, sweeping slashes to thwart him.
Other: He loves children, and the fact that he's a priest who can increase the size of his body parts makes this especially worrying.
Backstory: Father Sagi runs an orphanage, drawing in street kids from all corners of the impoverished area in which he is based. The young, impressionable children fall for his kind façade, gradually lowering their guard as they enjoy home-cooked meals and coming to see Sagi as a parental figure. While he offers some for adoption and maintains the semblance that he's operating a legitimate institution, he devours the unwanted ones among them. In hard economic times, few people can provide these children a home, so Sagi is guaranteed a feast. His activities have yielded high returns in recent years, as kids displaced by the Russo-Japanese War have flocked to him. At some point in the past, he encountered the Mystery Eater, who offered him a starting position in the Red Demon, but Sagi was power-hungry, wanting to incorporate his orphanage scheme as a distinct branch with him as its leader. The Eater had doubts in his mind as to whether this prospective member could set aside his self-interest for the benefit of the group or was driven purely by hunger, but he nevertheless arranged an interview with a Branch Leader. Sagi did not pass and was promptly defeated, but he vowed to build a network as impressive as the Mystery Eater's all on his own. He despises the Red Demon's boss but admires his organizational genius just as deeply.

Pearlan, the Mystery Eater, the Branch Leaders, the Eater's partner in crime, and now Sagi all have Blood Demon Arts, which goes against your rule of having a maximum of three morphed demons. But I took that to mean three active demons, meaning we can only have three morphed demons involved in the story at a time and can introduce more as they're killed off. If a greater number is needed, I hope you're willing to compromise for the sake of the plot. And with that, I don't think I'll be making an RP post after all, since this one practically is.

At least you try, unlike some people whose names end in 101 :p (gotta keep making that joke before it dies)
that jokess never gonna die cause if Clite is having a hard time reading it I think this goes without saying... You know I'm having trouble reading this whole post!
tenor.gif

Last edited:
I'm assuming minor autos like this is okay? It sounds a lot better than he swung and missed or did no damage.

I probably should have asked first... @Hecotoro are you okay with minor autos of the sort?

I'm assuming minor autos like this is okay? It sounds a lot better than he swung and missed or did no damage.

I probably should have asked first... @Hecotoro are you okay with minor autos of the sort?
Koop is right, that’s a pretty big auto, I thought it seemed off as well. Hec has said they’re alright with minor autos like saying you hit them, but once you auto that another character chose to block/grab it gets pretty extreme. If I auto and say that someone grabbed Kit’s arm I could pretty easily say he turned it into a counter throw and win the fight for myself.

That being said, Koop, you should be clear when you’re calling someone out and explain the reason you did so. Additionally Koop, Ekans is right, you shouldn’t double post and you don’t get to act like you’re cool or special or above the rules saying “I’ll double post without reason if I want to.” You don’t need to be difficult, just follow the rules. We can get flagged for double posts.

Finally, everyone, while I appreciate and enjoy the images/gifs, I believe pokecharms is somewhat strict about posting that type of thing so it would be for the best if we all avoided using them unless necessary (but if it’s really funny, obviously post it xD).

I checked the rules on pictures and the rule on picture were about OC's and RP usage. none of the rules of picture seemed in any way to apply to posting offtopic pictures with little to no relevance to the OC's or RP's. I like posting Gifs cause I like humor... Zenitsu is a literal gold mine for humor. (I don't know if there was a pun in there or not ,but if there was it was definitely intended.)

I didn't think Preech catching the blade of the sword was a big deal. If you still want me to change it I could change it to actually hitting him instead of him countering it.

If doing stuff like that is autoing it seems difficult to make fights interesting. how am I suppose to describe my characters attacks getting blocked or dodged? If each side is just exchanging blows the fight to me just seems silly considering each fighter is trying to end the fight as fast as possible. (I bring this up because with that in mind realistically each strike would be intended to kill the opponent unless they are just sadistic and want to stall the fight as long as possible)

Well I gave permission, to everyone actually, so there shouldn't be a problem with me. I mean worst case scenario, my demon dies (?) Doesn't really effect me xD I can just make more, I'm here to help move the story, my characters have no development at all and are here just to give you guys enemies to fight. But, I'm not in charge, if we have to go softer on the autoing I'm okay with it. I can adapt.

I checked the rules on pictures and the rule on picture were about OC's and RP usage. none of the rules of picture seemed in any way to apply to posting offtopic pictures with little to no relevance to the OC's or RP's. I like posting Gifs cause I like humor... Zenitsu is a literal gold mine for humor. (I don't know if there was a pun in there or not ,but if there was it was definitely intended.)

I didn't think Preech catching the blade of the sword was a big deal. If you still want me to change it I could change it to actually hitting him instead of him countering it.

If doing stuff like that is autoing it seems difficult to make fights interesting. how am I suppose to describe my characters attacks getting blocked or dodged? If each side is just exchanging blows the fight to me just seems silly considering each fighter is trying to end the fight as fast as possible. (I bring this up because with that in mind realistically each strike would be intended to kill the opponent unless they are just sadistic and want to stall the fight as long as possible)
You can just leave it open ended to the opponent. Look at Kit vs Vera. I didn’t insist Kit’s attack connected, nor did I say Vera blocked or countered. Then, when it was necessary, Hec made it so Vera hit Kit. You saying the opponent blocked is giving them an action rather than just doing an action to them. Hec is a great rper and I’ve had some of my best battling experiences against them, and never did either of us auto like that. Just trust the process and I promise it’ll be fun!

I was thinking of adding some more forms to Miyaji's breathing, if that's all right:

Techniques
:

First Form: Blazing Step; Lunging forward with great speed, Miyaji slashes 2 or 3 times in rapid succession.

Second Form: Hellfire Orbit; Similar to Water Wheel from the Breath of Water, Miyaji leaps forward and swings in a circular motion by spinning his body in midair at any angle.

Third Form: Plumes of Smoke; Similar to Obscuring Clouds from the Breath of Mist, Miyaji employs an erratic change in his movement tempo, moving with incredible speed when hidden and moving extremely slowly when visible.

Fourth Form: Fiery Wall; Miyaji takes a defensive stance, blocking incoming attacks with quick parries and blocks.

Fifth Form: Crashing Down of Molten Rock; Miyaji leaps upward and dives downward with a horizontal slash from above.

Sixth Form: Magma Flow; Subsequently after utilizing the Third Form, Miyaji takes a slow, straight path to the target before immediately changing movement speed and delivering a swift slash to the neck.

Seventh Form: A Poor Man's Rose: Miyaji unleashes several spinning slashes with his blade by twirling the polearm while alternating between a normal and reverse grip of his Naginata, and the attacks create a "blossoming" pattern, hence the name of the form.

Eighth Form: Spear of Igneous Resolve: Miyaji hurls his Naginata at his target, aiming to impale and pin against a wall behind it. Upon successful execution, Miyaji can then employ any other attack form to finish the job.

Ninth Form: Scattered Ashes: By gripping the Naginata at the very end of the handle, Miyaji uses his greatly extended range to swing in a deft, circular arc; this form is mainly used to decimate a swarm of demons or an incoming barrage of attacks.

Tenth Form: The Eruption After Dormancy: Miyaji performs a series of swift upward slashes, mostly to be used when airborne.

Eleventh Form: Sakurajima's Wrath; Miyaji unleashes a wild frenzy of attacks meant to tear away and destroy, constantly adjusting his slashes in accordance with the target's reactions.

I was thinking of adding some more forms to Miyaji's breathing, if that's all right:

Techniques
:

First Form: Blazing Step; Lunging forward with great speed, Miyaji slashes 2 or 3 times in rapid succession.

Second Form: Hellfire Orbit; Similar to Water Wheel from the Breath of Water, Miyaji leaps forward and swings in a circular motion by spinning his body in midair at any angle.

Third Form: Plumes of Smoke; Similar to Obscuring Clouds from the Breath of Mist, Miyaji employs an erratic change in his movement tempo, moving with incredible speed when hidden and moving extremely slowly when visible.

Fourth Form: Fiery Wall; Miyaji takes a defensive stance, blocking incoming attacks with quick parries and blocks.

Fifth Form: Crashing Down of Molten Rock; Miyaji leaps upward and dives downward with a horizontal slash from above.

Sixth Form: Magma Flow; Subsequently after utilizing the Third Form, Miyaji takes a slow, straight path to the target before immediately changing movement speed and delivering a swift slash to the neck.

Seventh Form: A Poor Man's Rose: Miyaji unleashes several spinning slashes with his blade by twirling the polearm while alternating between a normal and reverse grip of his Naginata, and the attacks create a "blossoming" pattern, hence the name of the form.

Eighth Form: Spear of Igneous Resolve: Miyaji hurls his Naginata at his target, aiming to impale and pin against a wall behind it. Upon successful execution, Miyaji can then employ any other attack form to finish the job.

Ninth Form: Scattered Ashes: By gripping the Naginata at the very end of the handle, Miyaji uses his greatly extended range to swing in a deft, circular arc; this form is mainly used to decimate a swarm of demons or an incoming barrage of attacks.

Tenth Form: The Eruption After Dormancy: Miyaji performs a series of swift upward slashes, mostly to be used when airborne.

Eleventh Form: Sakurajima's Wrath; Miyaji unleashes a wild frenzy of attacks meant to tear away and destroy, constantly adjusting his slashes in accordance with the target's reactions.
Looks good to me!

I said a few pages ago that I'll be adding new techniques to Sen in the RP, and kyuu did say that Phyra will develop more by observing our characters.
  1. Miyaji- Trained with pillar, probably most potential for sheer destructive power
  2. Tie, Sen- 1 year experience, breath of sand could be the most sneaky. Kit- trained with pillar, breath of shadow has a lot of potential with stealth, speed, strength. Basically the glass cannon.
  3. Phyra- Probably the best potential breath style; however, she lacks formal training and requires a buildup. I feel like she could definitely end up the strongest.
  4. Kazure- formal training with a demon slayer
  5. Dolan- formal training with a demon slayer. Breath of gold just seems a little weaker than breath of lightning and he seems more fun/ less serious than Kazure so keeps him lower in terms of combat.
  6. Samui- Cool breath style, probably one of the best niche fighters along with Sen and Phyra, but she hasn’t had formal training so that holds her back.
  7. Akane- Sorry! She’s one of my favorites and very fun to read, but she hasn’t had formal training and her insecurities seem to hold her back. I’d love to see her turn into one of the strongest.
He isn't powerful enough, let me add more forms x'D
Whoa, he's wheeling Tanjiro's hair back and forth like he's riding a motorcycle or something, plus he's all veiny...

GAY!
I checked the rules on pictures and the rule on picture were about OC's and RP usage. none of the rules of picture seemed in any way to apply to posting offtopic pictures with little to no relevance to the OC's or RP's.
I can speak from experience because I've actually gotten in trouble for this sort of thing. They're fine if they're from an anime series, music video, meme or something official, but stolen art isn't allowed... Also posts shouldn't be a gif or picture by themselves; they should contain discussion that's relevant to the RP.

Although because of my frequent images in that particular thread the creator added a new rule "Try not to spam the discussion thread with memes" in his next RP, because it was getting annoying. I didn't join that RP. :p

Projects took a lot out of me (the grades were 15/100 and 20/100) but I hope to get a post up soon. Thankfully I'm in a position where the current story doesn't demand a reply from me.

Whoa, he's wheeling Tanjiro's hair back and forth like he's riding a motorcycle or something, plus he's all veiny...

GAY!
It's only gay if you admit it was you...

I can speak from experience because I've actually gotten in trouble for this sort of thing. They're fine if they're from an anime series, music video, meme or something official, but stolen art isn't allowed... Also posts shouldn't be a gif or picture by themselves; they should contain discussion that's relevant to the RP.

Although because of my frequent images in that particular thread the creator added a new rule "Try not to spam the discussion thread with memes" in his next RP, because it was getting annoying. I didn't join that RP. :p

Projects took a lot out of me (the grades were 15/100 and 20/100) but I hope to get a post up soon. Thankfully I'm in a position where the current story doesn't demand a reply from me.

if i'm understanding this correctly now... your saying its okay if the creator doesn't mind and you don't spam or steal people's art...

also since when do memes ever get annoyi-... Nevermind I think I see their point.

@E.K.A.N.S. Lmao for some reason, I literally just came up with new ones last night and thought, "Oh hey, that's kinda cool", but the new ones are probably gonna be developed later on in the RP; I'll have Miyaji actually think about and work on new ways to use his breathing style, so they're not gonna be effective immediately

Last edited:
So since I'm using a style that's from the series, can I add my own or do I have to use the ones already provided?
The Breath of Flame is an odd one in that it's already missing some stances, as they haven't been revealed in either anime or manga. However, it is completely possible for you to create entirely new stances to add to existing breath styles, it's been done several times in the manga, though I just assume it'd be easier if you were the one that created the breath style, to begin with.