• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Demon Slayer AU discussion

For the first enemy theme should it be royal or family

• Royal

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Family

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Also a little fun fact, if you look at Samui breathing out in cold weather, there will not be a fog like most people as Samui’s low body temperature makes her breath cold as well.

Last edited:
All that is really just to say, although it's unlikely that any Wars will actually occur, the Warmongers will be able to run wild in the eastern seas essentially unchecked as there's way too much happening around this time for people to actually focus on them...so good job picking this time period!
With a quarter of the world under the British Crown, the British Empire is at the height of its power. The Royal Navy is the strongest naval power in the world and Japan just sunk its closest rivals. In terms of naval might, they'll remain unchallenged until the German and American Navies get up to speed in a few decades. Also, Japan is in an alliance with Britain which will persist until World War I.
As a rogue faction that isn't affiliated with the Japanese government, the Warmongers actually don't mind undermining the existing alliance with Britain. As attacks on British ships persist (and remember, the Warmongers are demons with Blood Demon Arts that wreak mass destruction and could probably wipe out a whole fleet), Japanese leaders will increasingly have to bend over backwards just to maintain it. If it ever hits the boiling point, or in the extreme case that Japan is completely destroyed on land and in the water, the demons have quite a lot to gain, disappearing into the shadows then emerging to consume the bodies and preserving the rest. So the Warmongers have no qualms about pissing off the strongest naval power in the world. Or they could not do that and go unchecked as you said. Thanks for the history lesson nonetheless.

Though I don't have a final in that subject... Now if you could explain hash tables to me with that level of detail, I'd really appreciate it. :p
I do question if there's a party culture at this period of time but...I'm not really sure.
There definitely wasn't, but that doesn't matter. We can always work in some bullshit explanation like "in a world of flashy breath style users and unrealistic powers, even ordinary civilians are party animals" or "since people live in constant fear of demons and hardly leave their homes at night, a vibrant party scene has emerged, where once in a while, the humans gather in mass crowds (well-protected by the Mystery Eater's goons, whom they don't realize are demons) to socialize and experience the sense of community of which the demon scare has deprived them." I mentioned in the description that these parties are themed; by that, I meant the attendees dress up as demons, and it's really hard to tell who's actually a demon and who isn't. So it's kind of like a Halloween party⁠—not just coming to meet new people, but also to dress up as the very things they fear and no longer feel like prey, if only for a night.

Dunno if we'll need to go that far, though. A party scene in real-life Taisho Japan or lack thereof doesn't really affect the plot.
I have a whole other essay on Brothels and Oirans and all, but I'll get back to this later u_u
I look forward to reading it and if I find any serious problems, I'll think of a workaround. Don't know how culturally fastidious we need to be, since this is also an RP and real life is boring, but I'll probably come up with another bullshit explanation like we're in some alternate universe where so and so isn't the case for so and so reasons. Can't know until I see it, though.

Oh yeah... and since you're writing an essay on brothels, be sure to put lots of innuendos and sex jokes in it. And racism. And toilet humor. And conspiracy theories. And illegal drugs. And stuff that's offensive toward old people. Make it interesting, it's finals week and I come here to do the opposite of study.
The soft glow of the street lamps allowed a faint silhouette of a tall boy wearing a large straw hat could be seen.

“So I guess my backup finally made it.” Kit chuckled, walking closer to the duo as he removed his hat, letting it hang on his back. He paused and crossed his arms as he stared at the duo with an expressionless face, looking them up and down for a brief moment and analyzing everything he could about them. Being a practicer of breath of shadow, Kit was trained to see things that were meant to be hidden. It appeared the boy was one of those who acted much gentler than his strength would indicate, and the girl was definitely his type, giving off a confident yet relaxed vibe. It’s a shame Kit thought to himself if it wasn’t for the attraction I’m picking up between the two of them perhaps I would’ve made a move.

Finally, Kit broke the silence as an approving smile toyed at the edge of his lips. “Heh, I guess you guys seem strong enough.” The boy chuckled, “As long as you don’t get all lovey-dovey with each other and make me puke mid fight we should be alright. I’m Kit, by the way.” He jabbed while walking forward and extending a hand. “Cool weapons you got there, after this it’d be fun to test fighting against them.” Kit chimed, nodding at the naginta and strangly shaped sabre.
Ahhhhh, the long-awaited Mango post :blush:

I love how you shipped Phyra and Miyaji right to their faces. I'm liking Kit already, he's one cheeky dude XD

The Pearlan saga isn't over, though! Not until he takes over the town! And like I said waaaaaay before, Mystery Eater won't talk to Ren until Sen's met him first, and I'll be introducing Sen a little later, so Ren will be hitting that tree for a long time @ThAtGuY101 :p

As a rogue faction that isn't affiliated with the Japanese government, the Warmongers actually don't mind undermining the existing alliance with Britain. As attacks on British ships persist (and remember, the Warmongers are demons with Blood Demon Arts that wreak mass destruction and could probably wipe out a whole fleet), Japanese leaders will increasingly have to bend over backwards just to maintain it. If it ever hits the boiling point, or in the extreme case that Japan is completely destroyed on land and in the water, the demons have quite a lot to gain, disappearing into the shadows then emerging to consume the bodies and preserving the rest. So the Warmongers have no qualms about pissing off the strongest naval power in the world. Or they could not do that and go unchecked as you said. Thanks for the history lesson nonetheless.

Though I don't have a final in that subject... Now if you could explain hash tables to me with that level of detail, I'd really appreciate it. :p

Fair enough. It depends on the blood demon art and how strong the demons are. Though, I more see them getting sunk before they could even get close. Battleships guns would've had ranges that spanned miles.

Unfortunately, hash tables are beyond me xD
I look forward to reading it and if I find any serious problems, I'll think of a workaround. Don't know how culturally fastidious we need to be, since this is also an RP and real life is boring, but I'll probably come up with another bullshit explanation like we're in some alternate universe where so and so isn't the case for so and so reasons. Can't know until I see it, though.

Oh yeah... and since you're writing an essay on brothels, be sure to put lots of innuendos and sex jokes in it. And racism. And toilet humor. And conspiracy theories. And illegal drugs. And stuff that's offensive toward old people. Make it interesting, it's finals week and I come here to do the opposite of study.

Well, the only thing I believe might've been an issue is the Oirans, or higher class courtesans. They didn't sell their bodies so much as they sold their services. They were often very well educated, and also versed in numerous skills. They weren't just popular in the brothel but outside it as well.

The level of public presence and intelligence an Oiran is supposed to have is probably the closest thing to a wrench in the way the girls are dealt with by the demons. Though, I don't really see that as a demerit but more of an opening. Getting tipped off by a wily, sly, Oiran could be the way the Demon Slayers actually take note of the brothel scheme...

Or you can go the maybe more fun way and have Phyra, Akane, and Samui infiltrate as workers to sniff out the Demons from within :v

I don't like that last idea :(
Lmao, they'd enter as Oirans of course. Their job would mainly be to play music, recite poetry, dance, or just generally entertain high-class guests with witty conversation.

Nothing lewd involved in an Oiran's work, since they had enough prestige and reputation to refuse guests if they wanted. They were also way too expensive for normal citizens to afford.

Edit:

As an even greater twist to it the guys could cross-dress and infiltrate the brothel. :D

Since I can't really post with Dolan now I'd figure now would be a perfect time to ask this question; how difficult should the fight be. More specifically how tired/hurt should the characters be by the time they slay the demon? Also how is preach going to defend himself?Also how is the fight going to look? Im guessing preach is going to use his voice from a safe distance(like a ranged attack)? Since he was a preacher before becoming a demon(unless he's been a demon for a really long time or was lucky enough to have someone train him beforehand it seems unlikely he'd be a master of hand to hand combat. Though since its anime I'm guessing anything is possible...)

I already posted in response to mango, if that’s what you were asking

Edit: Oh, it just occurred to me that you might have been asking about the demon who was watching tv e three; i already posted so it would be better if either one of you did
Vero stood on top of a roof, she could see everything up there. Especially her pray. So far she only noticed three of them. Which meant there was probably more coming. So, she had to finish these quickly and then leave. She smiled as she closed her eyes. When they opened they had a red glow on them. She locked her sight on the three demons slayers and fired a powerful invisible force, that rushed through like an unseen tornado towards the three humans.

I meant react to this since we're getting attacked lel. It would be a bit troublesome for Phyralis to react since she needs to cover for herself as well as Arista. I might go for a block rather than a dodge, again because of the horse.

My situation is currently worse than Koop’s. I have two projects that my professor was kind enough to let me finish even after the semester ended, and if I don't do these, I'm failing the class. That, and I have an online final due at midnight on 12/17. I will be free after, but Koop is more likely to get a response out faster than I can. So you'll have to wait, but not long, I hope @Mango137
Well I’ve been out all day today so not sure I’ll manage today, I’ll try again tomorrow.
Yeah, please try to get it in tomorrow (or today since I'm writing this at 3 am.) Doesn't have to be Shakespeare or anything, as long as it drives the story forward. Good RP's don't die unless there are constant unnecessary delays that move the goalpost as to how long you can slack between posts, then no one cares anymore. I know from experience as I was the one who unnecessarily delayed Hyper Zero and my own RP Powerless.
Sounds sexy
He is, that's why being a preacher didn't work out well.
I bet he was popular with young boys.

Guys I’m finished finals, what’s so hard to understand? I don’t have any more exams.
Yeah, I’m doing chemical engineering and a pre med course load. I had an organic Chem final, linear algebra, physics, engineering, and biology final to name a few. I sympathize with the fact that you’re stressed about tests, but so are a lot of other people and I find the notion that you didn’t have 5-15min in an entire week to write a post ridiculous. So rather than getting snarky and acting like you’re doing us a favor by posting, it be appreciated if you would just apologize (primarily to @ThAtGuY101) and accept responsibility. Pokecharms shouldn’t be your first priority, but when you commit to doing something with other people who depend on you, you should make sure to do your part or at least have the decency to apologize beforehand and give a fair warning that you will not be on for awhile so we can find a way to move forward without your character.

Funny enough I appreciate the mention ,but no apologies are necessary on my behalf at least. A simple post in the future will do...
(with the martial arts class I regularly attend, plus work, and the other classes I attend I completely understand what your going through...)