• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Demon Slayer AU discussion

For the first enemy theme should it be royal or family

• Royal

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Family

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aw... that’s ok though. I was thinking he’d be seduced by the Mystery and run with it at first, then screw up badly and feel immense guilt at the horrible things he’d done, desert the organization...

Sure, he’s a nice guy, but everyone makes the occasional error of judgment and regrets it later. Nobody’s perfect :p

Your choice, but there’s a plot. As eighth and ninth branches I was thinking:
- The Gladiators (underground fighting rings that draw in humans seeking to take revenge on demons and pit them against actual demons in bloody battles. The humans are naive, thinking they can kill demons with just swords and driven solely by blind hatred, or they’re adrenaline junkies. Either way, they’re killed in front a crowd and devoured backstage. This hypothetical branch is the biggest threat to the Demon Slayer Corps’ membership, since instead of going through grueling years of training and becoming actual demon slayers, young people are caught up in this fantasy and think they can take shortcuts, start killing demons right away. That’s how they’re lured to their deaths.)
- The Servers (they own restaurants popular with humans and serve ordinary food, but they have a secret demon menu after dark where they serve cooked humans as gourmet dishes.)
Those two branches are just concepts, though. For the purposes of the RP we might not even need an eighth, ninth branch.
Ren has a lot of self control... He won't be seduced that easily... flattery will only get you so far... but he will appreciate it I think? The gladiators sounds cool.

To the quote, nobodies perfect...
98c69794ee147faf9bec5b6daf9c7ab8.gif

Well... Mystery Eater won’t be flattering Ren. Like I said, he’s REALLY honest, actually cares about his fellow demons, and will explain to Ren exactly why he’s right, but he’ll respect his decision either way.
Anyone else gets the feeling that those kebabs ain't chicken? :v
Probably not. Chicken tastes like shit.

And Pearlan is currently black, so he’s craving chicken for himself and no one else. Not sure if I should be making that joke since you’re Jamaican, but whatever.

@ThAtGuY101 Well actually, you and Samui are the only ones who'll be wandering into a demon's lair. The other two will be fought on the docks and in an antique shop. Oh yeah, and just so you know... Dolan will be all alone in a cave with a girl who takes her clothes off without warning. :\=|:

Maybe they can't find Preech in the cave at first... they reach the end of it, but he must've stepped out or something. Then Samui does something silly with her clothes that makes it look like a rendezvous between young lovers... gets her bra strap caught on a stalactite or something. While Dolan is flustered, they don't realize that at that moment, Preech is standing right there, behind them, in total shock, angry at what he thinks is going on because he's a pure-hearted priest... And the fight begins. The bra thing isn't really necessary, but not finding him in the cave at first probably is, since if you find him right away it's kind of anticlimactic.

In other news Pearlan is cooking Middle Eastern food in the street right as I hit 911 posts... what an edgy coincidence.
Kazure and Akane vs Silence. It will take place in an antique store in a slum town.

Samui and Dolan vs Preech. It will take place in a cave filled with jagged rocks.

Kit, Sen, Phyra, and Miyaji vs Vero. It will take place on the docks of the fishing town.

Each setting is designed to give the demons an advantage. Silence can hear any breakage in the store, the cave will echo sound and amplify Preech’s abilities. The open sea will make it almost impossible to avoid Vero’s sights. She was probably sinking boats of fishermen on the open sea just by looking at them (maybe she lives in a lighthouse?)
Here's Mango's post telling us where each of the fights will take place, designed to give the demons an advantage. @The Pikachan since you asked what your character can do at this point or where this is even going, here's an idea:

Timeskip to night. Kazu and Akane's date lasted the whole day, he took her to every shop in town and carried all her bags, took her out to eat and all that good stuff, Akane enjoyed it and all but in the back of her head she's like... "I should really be doing my job as a demon slayer instead of fooling around..." Suddenly they realize how late it is and Kazu gets awkward (It's a cold winter night, so maybe he can give Akane his coat <.>). They make awkward small talk for a bit, until they happen upon one last shop they haven't visited...

The antique shop. But when they walk in, they witness a horrid sight, the mangled body of the shop owner sprawled all over the floor, his eyes staring at them lifelessly and blood staining the entire room as if he'd exploded. That's when Akane and Kazu have a grim realization, that all this time, while they were fooling around and not preparing how to properly deal with the demon, someone was being devoured, and their mistake cost him his life. Don't worry about your characters looking stupid for messing up, they're rookies so it's perfectly normal and something that'll teach them a valuable lesson... but the guilt will probably hit them like a wave. That's when they hear creaking steps and Silence appears in the hallway...

That's one way this thing could play out. Remember, DON'T BE AFRAID TO TIMESKIP IF NEEDED!
I think @Clite of Dragonbow will like this one, since it'll let him keep the fanservice going, plus let both of you develop your characters. :p As for what Silence is doing there in the first place and what motivates him to kill, I'll leave that to @Hecotoro as it's his character... though I imagine he's the type of guy who was traumatized by his dad into hating all noise and wants to kill everyone in town to shut them up as well as eat them, because sounds easily disturb his sensitive ears to the point of madness.

Last edited:
so essentially preach gets distracted by fan service giving Dolan just enough time to slice his head off? or knowing Dolan he's the clumsy idiot that probably caused the whole situation... while preach is either laughing at the clumsy oaf or distracted by Samui one of them get the kill shot? If demons had an afterlife it would probably look like...;

1st demon: how did you die?
2nd decom: I was attacking some villagers then fought with a demon slayer where my head was eventually cut off... what about you?
1nd demon: I was looking for someone in the woods to kill and unfortunately came across a demon slayer ,but at least I put up a good fight I guess...
2nd demon: wow... that's bad luck... at least your not this guy over here... *points towards demon that got killed while being distracted.*
3rd demon: shutup!... stupid plot devices...

@Clite of Dragonbow Hope you don't mind, but I wrote from Bakto's point of view in my latest post. He doesn't have a bio so I treated him as an NPC to move things along on my end.
That sounds great! @E.K.A.N.S. you're really good at this :D I was afraid of the time skip actually, but I'll do it on my next post.
@Grand Master Koop I need an example of a healthy dose please!
Lol do whatever ya want, Clite's the one who's doing the fanservice :D

Last edited:
In dolan's previous post he looked in his reflection in the pond... was it ice? that's a shame. I placed his horse by the water so it could drink from it. Although funny enough just because its winter doesn't mean there is snow. In texas we we hardly ever get anything other then frost on the front yard which melts before 1pm... It might not be too cold in story and the lake might not actually be frozen.

Is it actually winter?

Hmmm, that would complicate things :?

I'll most definitely need to scrap some tricks I planned to pull with Phyralis, can't risk getting too numbed by the cold water.
Ya know, it doesn't really have to be winter for you guys. It's winter in all my Pearlan posts, but we can treat them as if they happened months ago.
@kyuukestu We can make it winter for Pearlan and spring for you. ^I don't know if you saw this post since you didn't like it, seems you only do that when I explicitly tag or quote you. You're probably too busy studying for finals to look through the whole thing. That's good. At least one of us is.
xD yeah, you can catch me on Comedy Central Thursday nights at 7:30 pm Central time.
Or I can just come over. Your house is right next to mine. :?

Anyway, without further ado, I present to you the nine branches of Red Demon, the Mystery Eater's organization. You've already read 99% of it unless you're @ThAtGuY101 (jk), but I've added some stuff to the Lab Rats and the Warmongers. Refer to this post in case you ever need a refresher:

The Gravediggers: The branch that digs up the graves of the recently deceased leaving no visible signs of disturbance and devours the bodies; they're actually officially employed as the groundskeepers of the cemetery, but no one knows that they're demons. As part of their secondary duties, they sell imported drugs in the streets of wherever they're currently based to increase the mortality rate and keep up the steady supply of food. The money from their sales and grounds-keeping jobs gets sent to the Mystery Eater so he can keep running his organization and bribe human politicians, if needed.​
The Suicide Squad: Up in the forests and mountains of towns across Japan, there are distinctive stone idols where suicidal people leave an offering, which the demons use to track them down and discreetly kill them in their sleep. The people who come here cannot bring themselves to do it and wish to go quietly, so the Squad is a specialized force of demons that has honed the art of killing while making it look like a suicide. The people usually leave behind suicide notes in their bedrooms, but the demons will forge one in case they didn't. So despite the fact that the body disappears and is devoured, nobody suspects a thing. The stone idols are more of an urban legend; the deaths are believed to have been carried out by the victims rather than a third party. They likely wrote down their last words and drowned themselves somewhere. The bodies just haven't been found, or so the story goes. As part of their secondary duties, members of the Suicide Squad are master sculptors, who secretly made the stone idols in the mountains and sell their other figures as souvenirs in shops. The Mystery Eater has provided them a scheme that secures them a steady supply of food, so in exchange, they send him the earnings they get from their day jobs.​
The Lab Rats: They run covert clinics that raise humans in captivity and artificially inseminate them with donated sperm. This branch is also researching ways to enhance demons' strength, speed, and regeneration, so they can regrow their entire bodies even if all that's left is a finger.

The Party Animals: They throw themed parties that draw large crowds, where attendees are marked, killed in their sleep, and picked up at night. The target-shaped rashes are dismissed as sexually transmitted diseases from these drunken orgies. Everyone dresses as a demon, so it's hard to tell who actually is one.

The Dungeon Masters: The darkest branch of them all, they operate a string of brothels that draw in men and women looking to sell their bodies. Business hours run from morning to late in the night, and any revenues not used to cover building expenses are contributed to the workers' well-being. What they want is not money but a steady supply of food. The female employees run a high risk of getting pregnant, and if they do, they're pulled off the shelves and carted away somewhere as merchandise, perhaps to a dark dungeon, or to an abandoned factory, or to some other temporary base. They're cared for throughout gestation, and the Mystery Eater himself pays them a visit when they've all born children. The little ones are promptly separated and devoured, while their mothers return to work. Keeping them silent involves a tremendous amount of physical and psychological abuse. They're told they're poor, useless, and cast aside by humanity, that they're property and have no rights in a court of law. Those who won't be broken are instantly torn to pieces. Eventually, the women begin to believe that this life is what's best for them, and when the day comes that they grow shriveled and unmarketable, they're consumed too. The worst part is that few will miss them, not the civilians who appreciate the cleaner streets, not the abusive husbands who drove them from their homes, not their one male coworker who was eaten long before, and certainly not the clients, who'd moved onto the next piece of meat. The Dungeon Masters have a sick practice of boiling the victims alive in a drum of hot water before tearing into them.

The Warmongers: The branch with the most ambitious yet rewarding operation, they instigate tensions with overseas powers in the hopes of starting wars and leaving bodies for the demons to eat, or mysteriously sink ships and consume crews. Also if a ground war throws Japan into chaos, it won’t be able to focus on the demons as much, and they’ll run wild and devour humans virtually unchecked. Some of their demons fight enemy forces on the front lines; this allows the Warmongers to promote coexistence with humans, by pushing the narrative that they died for them. They recovered a lot of missing bodies from the Russo-Japanese War and froze some as emergency rations to feed the Mystery Eater’s organization if needed. This branch also negotiates with foreign demons to obtain their country’s dead humans, in exchange for something of equal value, of course.

The Farmers: Different from the Lab Rats, their plan is to raid towns, erect walls, and turn them into breeding grounds where they’ll raise humans like livestock. Probably the most mysterious and least active of the branches at this point in the story.

The Gladiators: Run underground fighting rings that draw in humans seeking to take revenge on demons and pit them against actual demons in bloody battles. The humans are naïve, thinking they can kill demons with just swords and driven solely by blind hatred, or they’re adrenaline junkies, or poor men looking to win prize money. Either way, they’re killed in front a crowd and devoured backstage. This hypothetical branch is the biggest threat to the Demon Slayer Corps’ membership, since instead of going through grueling years of training and becoming actual demon slayers, young people are caught up in this fantasy and think they can take shortcuts, start killing demons right away. That’s how they’re lured to their deaths.

The Servers: They own restaurants popular with humans and serve ordinary food, but they have a secret demon menu after dark where they serve cooked humans as gourmet dishes. Flesh is obtained from large open fields designated as private property across the country. Anyone who tries to build, picnic, or trespass there is hunted down and killed in perfectly legal fashion.​

Last edited:
In my opinion it seems kinda strange someone would rather be visited by the suicide squad rather than the party animals... I mean if your gonna go out might as well have a good time beforehand right? You could die knowing you hooked up with some demon lady/man in your final moments... well that's better than sitting in your house alone waiting for the inevitable...

Funny enough I did read the whole post this time! Weeeell right up to the part, "kyuuketsu We can make it winter for Pearlan and spring for you.".
But close enough!

@kyuukestu We can make it winter for Pearlan and spring for you. ^I don't know if you saw this post since you didn't like it, seems you only do that when I explicitly tag or quote you. You're probably too busy studying for finals to look through the whole thing. That's good. At least one of us is.
Right, sorry bout that. I did see the last post but it was just me skimming through my alerts. Haven't been on charms much since all my finals are packed really close together, so they all come within 5~6 days. So I actually finish all my finals today, and I started Thursday lel.

Actually I just came out of an exam and I have...about 30 mins before I have to head into the next one. I haven't read through most of the stuff here, so I'll have to catch up in a couple of hours.

As for the actual Season, it doesn't matter much to me. It'll give me some setting to describe the scenery with either way, so I'll stick to Winter to stay in a relative time frame with the others. I'll read through the rest after my exam though, Programming ~w~

In my opinion it seems kinda strange someone would rather be visited by the suicide squad rather than the party animals... I mean if your gonna go out might as well have a good time beforehand right? You could die knowing you hooked up with some demon lady/man in your final moments... well that's better than sitting in your house alone waiting for the inevitable...
The people who go to these parties are mostly hooking up with other people, not demons, and they don't know they're gonna die... You're probably joking though.

Btw I changed "Silver Demon" to "Red Demon" cause fewer syllables sounds edgier
Funny enough I did read the whole post this time! Weeeell right up to the part, "kyuuketsu We can make it winter for Pearlan and spring for you.".
But close enough!
Lol nice try but the fact you're saying that means you also read the part that said "You've already read 99% of it unless you're @ThAtGuY101 (jk)" :p

...Aaaand that post I made last night is probably gonna be my last for a while. Or it should be. Because of finals. If I can make myself study. kyuu, make me study!

The people who go to these parties are mostly hooking up with other people, not demons, and they don't know they're gonna die... You're probably joking though.

Btw I changed "Silver Demon" to "Red Demon" cause fewer syllables sounds edgier

that's a shame... things would get pretty crazy... the red spots on the ground could be blood or red wine... who knows! :D
(its mostly joking... although the fact that you said they are "mostly" hooking up with each other means there is potential... that is if the weird face veins or the teeth grinding isn't a deal breaker (although they could be a thumbs up... not my taste but I wont judge))

Lol nice try but the fact you're saying that means you also read the part that said "You've already read 99% of it unless you're @ThAtGuY101 (jk)" :p

...Aaaand that post I made last night is probably gonna be my last for a while. Or it should be. Because of finals. If I can make myself study. kyuu, make me study!

Studying like that is gonna take a lot of work... If you ever need a study buddy let me know. good luck with your studying. :arr:

Alrighty, now that I'm mostly caught up with things I can give my thoughts. I really like what you did with the Red Demons, very well structured and the ideas for the various branches are pretty good.

The Warmongers: The branch with the most ambitious yet rewarding operation, they instigate tensions with overseas powers in the hopes of starting wars and leaving bodies for the demons to eat, or mysteriously sink ships and consume crews. Also if a ground war throws Japan into chaos, it won’t be able to focus on the demons as much, and they’ll run wild and devour humans virtually unchecked. Some of their demons fight enemy forces on the front lines; this allows the Warmongers to promote coexistence with humans, by pushing the narrative that they died for them. They recovered a lot of missing bodies from the Russo-Japanese War and froze some as emergency rations to feed Mystery Eater’s organization if needed. This branch also negotiates with foreign demons to obtain their country’s dead humans, in exchange for something of equal value, of course.
This...all of this....so much this...

I'm not sure if this is brilliantly thought out or mere coincidence. The time period you chose was perfect for this type of group, post the Russo-Japanese War and Pre-World War I. Realistically these guys, the Warmongers, are going to have a field day, but at the same time, they also won't accomplish much.

I say they won't accomplish much because starting a war is increaaadibly unlikely. Next to impossible. Let's not even talk about if Japan as a Nation would want to go to war, there simply isn't anyone to actually go to war with. We're in the early 1900s, so there are only so many countries that are hanging around the eastern islands, those include mostly European Powers*, the Major Eastern Empires, and America.

*Note that Russia at this point is considered a European Power.

The long and short of things is:
  • Russia can't because their ports are in the Baltic Sea, which is all the way in Europe and verrry far from Japan. They also need to sail below Africa and India if they want to reach Japan because in the Russo-Japanese war they accidentally attacked a British Vessel and the Royal Navy set up a blockade.
  • America is too strong and also kinda far, furthermore, America had acted as the mediator for negotiations between Russia and Japan.
  • Britain is way too strong, they're currently the strongest global power and they will be the strongest thing on the seas until Germany and America start flexing their industrial might.
  • China is literally getting torn in half, or rather, into a bajillion little pieces. The European powers are setting up spheres of influence and the Qing Dynasty is kinda imploding, and Sun Yat-Sen is kicking off his revolt, and Chairman Mao is about to be a thing, and they literally just lost the first Sino-Japanese war anyways...
  • Korea is apart of the Japanese Empire in all but name. You could actually say Korea is what Japan gained out of winning the Russo-Japanese war.
Ain't no real war happening with any of these guys, though I should note Japan is primarily a Naval power at this point. The 6th strongest in the world at that.

So let's go into the specifics of why none of these people would go to war with Japan.

European Powers
  • Russian Empire
    • Russia has already been defeated in the Russo-Japanese War, and they kinda...can't start another war. Two of their three Naval Fleets, the Baltic and Caspian Fleets have already been heavily damaged by the Imperial Japanse Navy (Henceforth IJN), and Russia's main ports are on the Baltic sea, which the complete opposite side of the Tsarist Empire.

Map-of-the-Baltic-Sea-and-the-countries-enclosing-this-sea-Source-wwwd-mapscom-see.png

It would take months for any of Russia's naval vessels (which they don't really have because Japan just destroyed them) to actually reach Japan, and furthermore Russia's too busy dealing with mainland things —like cutting up the Qing Dynasty (China).
  • America
    • Not a global super-power yet, but skillful Presidents play a fine game of balancing American interests across the world. They've just interceded (sorta) on behalf of the Russians, allowing the Tsarist Empire to pay out way less than they would've otherwise. In fact, Russia flat out refuses to pay War reparations, and with America backing them, Japan has to just swallow that.
  • British Empire
    • With a quarter of the world under the British Crown, the British Empire is at the height of its power. The Royal Navy is the strongest naval power in the world and Japan just sunk its closest rivals. In terms of naval might, they'll remain unchallenged until the German and American Navies get up to speed in a few decades. Also, Japan is in an alliance with Britain which will persist until World War I.
Eastern Powers
  • Oh boy. This is a big one and China & Korea are very closely related here so I'm going to wrap them up into one glomp. This goes a bit further back, in fact, we'll need to start at the first Sino-Japanese War. So China and Japan are the premier powers in Asia, and they tend to get into small scuffles over their respective political interests. The Sino-Japanese War is one such scuffle they have over influence in Korea.

Long story short, China under the Qing Dynasty loses this war quite handily. They're forced to pay a hefty sum in War reparations and they also end up ceding some territory to Japan, however, at around this point, Germany, France, and Russia decide to step in and they kinda just yoink parts of that aforementioned territory for themselves. So now, rather than 'winning' Korea as they should've, Korea is now under Russian influence. This is the impetus for the Russo-Japanese war.

This is where Japan's alliance with Britain comes in as the British wanted to keep Russian influence in check. The terms of the agreement were that if during the Russia-Japan conflict another nation stepped in on behalf of Russia, Britain would step in on behalf of Japan. (This is also the complex string of treaties that leads to World War I)

After Japan defeats Russia in the Russo-Japanese War, they essentially win Korea for realz this time and Korea is then annexed into the Japanese Empire.

Moving away from Japan for a moment, let's hop back to China. Post their loss to Japan in the Sino-Japanese War, and the intervention of the Western powers, the western powers actually begin setting up their own spheres of influence in China. This only really served to poke the proverbial hornet's nest as there were a number of anti-foreign movements and reforms that would occur as a result of the increased Western influence. Most notable among them were the Boxer's rebellion and the workings of Sun Yat-Sen *cough*, I mean Sun Yat-Sen.

We'll speak about the former (Boxer's rebellion) since it's more important at the moment. The Boxer's were very anti-foreign and sought to expunge the European influences in China, the Qing Dynasty, under Empress Dowager Cixi backed them and it turned into a fairly short fiasco where the European powers more or less waltzed in and then conquered Beijing.

To sum up the rest of China's activity during this time; they were going through a series of reforms, revolts, rebellions, etc. as the nation transitioned from Imperialism to Communism.

All that is really just to say, although it's unlikely that any Wars will actually occur, the Warmongers will be able to run wild in the eastern seas essentially unchecked as there's way too much happening around this time for people to actually focus on them...so good job picking this time period!

The Party Animals: They throw themed parties that draw large crowds, where attendees are marked, killed in their sleep, and picked up at night.
I do question if there's a party culture at this period of time but...I'm not really sure.
The Dungeon Masters: The darkest branch of them all, they operate a string of brothels that draw in men and women looking to sell their bodies. Business hours run from morning to late in the night, and any revenues not used to cover building expenses are contributed to the workers' well-being. What they want is not money but a steady supply of food. The female employees run a high risk of getting pregnant, and if they do, they're pulled off the shelves and carted away somewhere as merchandise, perhaps to a dark dungeon, or to an abandoned factory, or to some other temporary base. They're cared for throughout gestation, and the Mystery Eater himself pays them a visit when they've all born children. The little ones are promptly separated and devoured, while their mothers return to work. Keeping them silent involves a tremendous amount of physical and psychological abuse. They're told they're poor, useless, and cast aside by humanity, that they're property and have no rights in a court of law. Those who won't be broken are instantly torn to pieces. Eventually, the women begin to believe that this life is what's best for them, and when the day comes that they grow shriveled and unmarketable, they're consumed too. The worst part is that few will miss them, not the civilians who appreciate the cleaner streets, not the abusive husbands who drove them from their homes, not their one male coworker who was eaten long before, and certainly not the clients, who'd moved onto the next piece of meat.
I have a whole other essay on Brothels and Oirans and all, but I'll get back to this later u_u

kyuu, make me study!
Aight, give me a min to come up with a good threat lol