• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Demon Slayer AU discussion

For the first enemy theme should it be royal or family

• Royal

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Family

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What type of personality should we expect from preach? With a name like that he sounds like some some of zealous religious person... not a pleasant thought...;
*The demon slayers walk inside*
Preech: sinners! Coming into this fine place of worship with weapons and worse... unannounced! What sort of sacrilege is going on here?! Explain yourselves!!
Dolan: sorry! Sorry! Sorry! *bows nonstop*
Preech: is that such a way to act inside this house of the lord so precious?!?!
Dolan: no it's not! I'm so so sorry!
*this goes on for a while*

@Clite of Dragonbow Where's Shirage now?

By the way, if anyone is expecting Mystery Eater to be the noisy, edgy, weird, obviously fucked-in-the-head psychopath stereotype you see in movies, that's not how I intend to RP him. He's actually closer to a real-life psychopath, the boring kind, the one who doesn't think he's doing anything wrong and is actually able to justify his actions quite well. You could call this manipulation if you wanted to, but he genuinely believes the things he says and is a surprisingly honest demon. He sort of sees himself as a father figure who wants to guide demons onto the right path. That's just a clarification; I think the personality section in his bio gives you enough to go off of. I'm only making it because as I was reading over the discussion it seems that everyone expects him to be some scary, obviously evil dude.

Also, I've refined my old idea of Ren and Shirage joining the Mystery Eater, with one of them ratting him out. Here's something better: Ren and Shirage could join different branches of the Mystery Eater's organization. I can see Shirage joining the Gravediggers, the branch that digs up the graves of the recently deceased leaving no visible signs of disturbance and devours the bodies; they're actually officially employed as the groundskeepers of the cemetery, but no one knows that they're demons. As part of their secondary duties, they sell imported drugs in the streets of wherever they're currently based to increase the mortality rate and keep up the steady supply of food. The money from their sales and grounds-keeping jobs gets sent to the Mystery Eater so he can keep running his organization and bribe human politicians, if needed.

As for Ren, I can see him joining the Suicide Squad. Up in the forests and mountains of towns across Japan, there are distinctive stone idols where suicidal people leave an offering, which the demons use to track them down and discreetly kill them in their sleep. The people who come here cannot bring themselves to do it and wish to go quietly, so the Squad is a specialized force of demons that has honed the art of killing while making it look like a suicide. The people usually leave behind suicide notes in their bedrooms, but the demons will forge one in case they didn't. So despite the fact that the body disappears and is devoured, nobody suspects a thing. The stone idols are more of an urban legend; the deaths are believed to have been carried out by the victims rather than a third party. They likely wrote down their last words and drowned themselves somewhere. The bodies just haven't been found, or so the story goes. As part of their secondary duties, members of the Suicide Squad are master sculptors, who secretly made the stone idols in the mountains and sell their other figures as souvenirs in shops. The Mystery Eater has provided them a scheme that secures them a steady supply of food, so in exchange, they send him the earnings they get from their day jobs.

Those two are some of the tamer sides of the Mystery Eater's operation. The different arms of his organization (I think I have six so far...) are led by Branch Leaders, whose strength varies depending on the division they lead.

In the meantime, I'll be making a string of Pearlan posts, but here's where I see the RP going from here. Sen comes in and steals Kit's kill at the last second, Kit gets pissed off and doesn't leave Sen alone, Sen heads up to the mountains in an attempt to lose him, but he stops at a cave when he realizes this is futile and proposes that whoever can reach the end of it first is the better demon slayer, offering Kit the chance to heal his wounded pride and leave Sen alone. But when they go through with it, Sen realizes that he's actually pretty strong and wouldn't be a bad ally... in his own condescending, unimpressed way, that is. Also meets Ren.

What do you all think? @Mango137 @Clite of Dragonbow @ThAtGuY101
However, from the corner of his eye, Miyaji caught Samui stripping down to her underwear with her face monotonous as usual. Oh.. okay. I guess she’s fine with that.
Hehe... which one of them is monotonous? Miyaji was like, "Eh, who cares." Not the slightest reaction. I can see him being a cold, emotionless killer just like Samui... :\=|:

Marry her instead, Miyaji. You're soulmates. <.>

Im fine, that's a good idea for me @E.K.A.N.S.
I can see in future, that Shirage challenges or something his Branch Leader and became one himself or something.

Edit: I have no clue now, where Shirage is
The current Branch Leader will do a good job explaining to Shirage how to move up in the organization, and it takes more than brute strength.

Wait I read over the RP and Shirage isn't heading toward Mt. Fujikasane anymore. He's in some random cave now... just like Ren, lol.
That was a quick edit by the way... didn't know you were on. Then again, no one knows I'm on either.

I notice the demon slayer friend in Shira's bio was named Kazusen. You even call him Kazu a few times. Any relation to Kazure?
Also sounds like a gay ship name for Kazu and Sen​

Kazusen true name was Sensō and Kazure name was Komugi. It is just they inherit new name after their master finish their training.

No, there will be no gay ship, as Kazure master was before Sen even appeard here!!!

===
Shirage was in cave and yes, he was heading to mountain before the Mystery eater arrived as he was looking for Komugi, that Sensō told him about (before he died).

@E.K.A.N.S. I’m fine with that but I thought we’d do a few more basic missions before introducing the mystery eater idea. After this mission, the entire group gets assigned a mission vs a demon group that operates like a corrupted 3 musketeers. Sen and Kit get into it when both simultaneously try to lead, and their rivalry ends up splitting the group in two. At the end, they are forced to work together to kill the final demon and they simultaneously slice its head off. After that, I want to stop focusing on our characters as the main ones who drive the story forward, there are tons of brilliant characters available so fixating on the rivalry too much would just be a waste; the reason I think would should have the two divide the group is so a new leader can rise (maybe Phyra?) and unite them again. I was thinking Sen and Kit could have a similar dynamic to Zoro and Sanji, both believing they are stronger than the other (and we may never know), constantly getting at each other’s throats, but realize that they can work together if it’s for the good of the team. Also they need someone like Nami (which I’m currently thinking will be Phyra) to reign them in and lead well.

No, there will be no gay ship, as Kazure master was before Sen even appeard here!!!
Hahahaha I love how everyone in this discussion thread rages when I say the word “gay” x'D
Shirage was in cave and yes, he was heading to mountain before the Mystery eater arrived as he was looking for Komugi, that Sensō told him about (before he died).
Dang you edited your post and changed “cafe” to “cave,” the Mystery Eater would’ve preferred to meet him at Starbucks instead

Let me be honest though, there was no way I’d known until you told me that Kazusen was Kazure’s master since Little Kazu’s bio mentions a random demon slayer who could be anyone, nor did I know that Big Kazu had told Shirage about Little Kazu and he was looking for him. You probably should’ve specificied Shira’s intentions in his post... because it looked like he was heading to Mt. Fujikasane for no reason.
@E.K.A.N.S. I’m fine with that but I thought we’d do a few more basic missions before introducing the mystery eater idea. After this mission, the entire group gets assigned a mission vs a demon group that operates like a corrupted 3 musketeers. Sen and Kit get into it when both simultaneously try to lead, and their rivalry ends up splitting the group in two. At the end, they are forced to work together to kill the final demon and they simultaneously slice its head off. After that, I want to stop focusing on our characters as the main ones who drive the story forward, there are tons of brilliant characters available so fixating on the rivalry too much would just be a waste; the reason I think would should have the two divide the group is so a new leader can rise (maybe Phyra?) and unite them again. I was thinking Sen and Kit could have a similar dynamic to Zoro and Sanji, both believing they are stronger than the other (and we may never know), constantly getting at each other’s throats, but realize that they can work together if it’s for the good of the team.
I was asking what you thought mostly about Kit and Sen, the Mystery Eater part was for Guy and Clite. I would like to delay the Mystery Eater as long as possible, so yes, I do want there to be more basic missions. I don’t know if Sen and Kit will end up like Zoro and Sanji, we’ll just have to see, but you should know... I hate One Piece with a passion. ;)

Our characters don’t have to be the main ones driving the story forward. I took that to mean that we drive the story forward, but not by ourselves—with other characters involved. But if you’re talking about me as an RPer rather than my character... I always have to drive things forward in a way. I’m not afraid to make those big posts that steer the plot in a certain direction, just so you know... And that may lead to my character unintentionally assuming a bigger role to achieve that.
Also they need someone like Nami (which I’m currently thinking will be Phyra)
Or Samui, since she’s the one who walks around half-naked.

Wait, she isn’t in our group. Guess we’ll have to make Phyra strip.

Last edited:
@E.K.A.N.S. I’m fine with that but I thought we’d do a few more basic missions before introducing the mystery eater idea. After this mission, the entire group gets assigned a mission vs a demon group that operates like a corrupted 3 musketeers. Sen and Kit get into it when both simultaneously try to lead, and their rivalry ends up splitting the group in two. At the end, they are forced to work together to kill the final demon and they simultaneously slice its head off. After that, I want to stop focusing on our characters as the main ones who drive the story forward, there are tons of brilliant characters available so fixating on the rivalry too much would just be a waste; the reason I think would should have the two divide the group is so a new leader can rise (maybe Phyra?) and unite them again. I was thinking Sen and Kit could have a similar dynamic to Zoro and Sanji, both believing they are stronger than the other (and we may never know), constantly getting at each other’s throats, but realize that they can work together if it’s for the good of the team. Also they need someone like Nami (which I’m currently thinking will be Phyra) to reign them in and lead well.
Phyralis ain't quite the leader type, but she could pick up some slack if things really called for it. She might be satisfied with ensuring they don't get everyone killed on a mission. I envision her as more of a support-type character both in terms of fights and otherwise, though I will have to see how she develops, and what ideas I come up with for her before I say anything concrete.
Wait, she isn’t in our group. Guess we’ll have to make Phyra strip.
That's gonna cost you an arm and a leg :v

@Clite of Dragonbow Where's Shirage now?

By the way, if anyone is expecting Mystery Eater to be the noisy, edgy, weird, obviously fucked-in-the-head psychopath stereotype you see in movies, that's not how I intend to RP him. He's actually closer to a real-life psychopath, the boring kind, the one who doesn't think he's doing anything wrong and is actually able to justify his actions quite well. You could call this manipulation if you wanted to, but he genuinely believes the things he says and is a surprisingly honest demon. He sort of sees himself as a father figure who wants to guide demons onto the right path. That's just a clarification; I think the personality section in his bio gives you enough to go off of. I'm only making it because as I was reading over the discussion it seems that everyone expects him to be some scary, obviously evil dude.

Also, I've refined my old idea of Ren and Shirage joining the Mystery Eater, with one of them ratting him out. Here's something better: Ren and Shirage could join different branches of the Mystery Eater's organization. I can see Shirage joining the Gravediggers, the branch that digs up the graves of the recently deceased leaving no visible signs of disturbance and devours the bodies; they're actually officially employed as the groundskeepers of the cemetery, but no one knows that they're demons. As part of their secondary duties, they sell imported drugs in the streets of wherever they're currently based to increase the mortality rate and keep up the steady supply of food. The money from their sales and grounds-keeping jobs gets sent to the Mystery Eater so he can keep running his organization and bribe human politicians, if needed.

As for Ren, I can see him joining the Suicide Squad. Up in the forests and mountains of towns across Japan, there are distinctive stone idols where suicidal people leave an offering, which the demons use to track them down and discreetly kill them in their sleep. The people who come here cannot bring themselves to do it and wish to go quietly, so the Squad is a specialized force of demons that has honed the art of killing while making it look like a suicide. The people usually leave behind suicide notes in their bedrooms, but the demons will forge one in case they didn't. So despite the fact that the body disappears and is devoured, nobody suspects a thing. The stone idols are more of an urban legend; the deaths are believed to have been carried out by the victims rather than a third party. They likely wrote down their last words and drowned themselves somewhere. The bodies just haven't been found, or so the story goes. As part of their secondary duties, members of the Suicide Squad are master sculptors, who secretly made the stone idols in the mountains and sell their other figures as souvenirs in shops. The Mystery Eater has provided them a scheme that secures them a steady supply of food, so in exchange, they send him the earnings they get from their day jobs.

Those two are some of the tamer sides of the Mystery Eater's operation. The different arms of his organization (I think I have six so far...) are led by Branch Leaders, whose strength varies depending on the division they lead.

In the meantime, I'll be making a string of Pearlan posts, but here's where I see the RP going from here. Sen comes in and steals Kit's kill at the last second, Kit gets pissed off and doesn't leave Sen alone, Sen heads up to the mountains in an attempt to lose him, but he stops at a cave when he realizes this is futile and proposes that whoever can reach the end of it first is the better demon slayer, offering Kit the chance to heal his wounded pride and leave Sen alone. But when they go through with it, Sen realizes that he's actually pretty strong and wouldn't be a bad ally... in his own condescending, unimpressed way, that is. Also meets Ren.

What do you all think? @Mango137 @Clite of Dragonbow @ThAtGuY101

Hehe... which one of them is monotonous? Miyaji was like, "Eh, who cares." Not the slightest reaction. I can see him being a cold, emotionless killer just like Samui... :\=|:

Marry her instead, Miyaji. You're soulmates. <.>

mystery eater can act however you want him to since he is your character, I've always liked the idea of a classy persuasive villain myself though again obviously since it's your character its your choice.

Sidenote:... demons can eat people and still be good right?

Sidenote:... demons can eat people and still be good right?
If you're eating those who are already dead then I suppose it'd be slightly acceptable but the Demon in question would likely need to grave rob or something. I doubt anyone willingly gives up their family members, even a dead one, to be eaten. I suppose you'd fall in a very dark, but still morally grey-ish area.

Least they tried to avoid harming humans :v

Anyone else gets the feeling that those kebabs ain't chicken? :v
Even better then chicken!... they are cheap! Perfect for someone with a budget.

Sidenote: when you say morallygrey-ish are you simply referring to the demons act of eating ,or the demons themself as a whole? Does their personality change after eating people or something? I don't want Ren to spend every waking moment wanting to kill people, but the extra power would be nice.

EDIT: i just realized I didn't add an "or" in the question which kinda makes it look strange...

Last edited:
Sidenote: when you say morallygrey-ish are you simply referring to the demons act of eating the demons themself as a whole? Does their personality change after eating people or something? I don't want Ren to spend every waking moment wanting to kill people, but the extra power would be nice.
I say moral grey because eating humans an at all dead or otherwise is enough to cause people to dislike the Demon in question. It does nothing to his personality as far as I know, but the act itself is 'innately evil', and its only grey-ish because:

1) He's actively trying not to harm living humans
2) He kinda needs to eat them to survive

Edit:

Simply put.

His good intentions won't change the fact that eating humans in any capacity would be frowned upon.

that almost sounds like "just don't get caught", if they don;t see it happen they would have no reason to mistrust him right?(I could be wrong ,but that is why I ask of course...)
That would work on normal humans, but demon slayers can sense how many people a demon has killed through the strength of the demon or through their advanced senses. For example, Tanjiro occasionally comments on how strongly the demon wrecks of blood, and he's able to make a vague estimate of how many people the demon has eaten.

mystery eater can act however you want him to since he is your character, I've always liked the idea of a classy persuasive villain myself though again obviously since it's your character its your choice.
Looks like you only read the first part of my post :/

I’m aware that Mystery Eater can act however I want as he’s my character, duh. What I was asking you about was Ren joining the Suicide Squad. As for him eating people... I don’t see anything wrong with it as he’s doing what he can to survive; I always thought he eats people all the time, you know, the stupid ones who wander into his cave and die in the traps... Not exactly his fault they were dumb.

sorry for not completely reading it... no... personally I like to think of him more like bakugo(my hero academia) in a sense that he probably could be a powerful villain if he wanted to but is simply too dead set on being a hero to be a villain)

sidenote: I need to quit being lazy and skimming through posts... thanks for bringing it up.

@E.K.A.N.S. If Ren would outright refuse to be apart of the suicide squad how would mystery eater react? Patiently hoping he will change his mind and come back or become angry and hostile?
Probably the former. Patiently hoping he will change his mind, and you know what, that may happen as he chews it over in his head, as it’s quite a good idea. Actually, what he’ll most likely do is tell you, briefly, why you’re not a villain for joining him and tell you where to find the Branch Leader, who will tell you the rest. Or, if you’re not into the Suicide Squad, he might tell you about the Gravediggers (in that case Shirage might do the Suicide Squad instead.) The darker branches of his organization are:
- The Lab Rats (they run covert clinics that raise humans in captivity and artificially inseminate them with donated sperm.)
- The Party Animals (they throw themed parties that draw large crowds, where attendees are marked, killed in their sleep, and picked up at night.)
- The Dungeon Masters (the darkest branch of them all, they run the brothel rings I was telling you about in Mystery Eater’s bio).
- The Warmongers (the branch with the most ambitious yet rewarding operation, they instigate tensions with overseas powers in the hopes of starting wars and leaving bodies for the demons to eat, or mysteriously sink ships and consume crews. Also if a ground war throws Japan into chaos, it won’t be able to focus on the demons as much, and they’ll run wild and devour humans virtually unchecked). The Warmongers recovered a lot of missing bodies from the Russo-Japanese War and froze some as emergency rations to feed Mystery Eater’s organization if needed. They also negotiate with foreign demons to obtain their country’s dead humans, in exchange for something of equal value, of course.
- The Farmers (different from the Lab Rats, their plan is to raid towns, erect walls, and turn them into breeding grounds where they’ll raise humans like livestock. Probably the most mysterious and least active of the branches at this point in the story.)
Huh. I guess that’s 7 branches, not six.

Aw... that’s ok though. I was thinking he’d be seduced by the Mystery and run with it at first, then screw up badly and feel immense guilt at the horrible things he’d done, desert the organization...

Sure, he’s a nice guy, but everyone makes the occasional error of judgment and regrets it later. Nobody’s perfect :p

Your choice, but there’s a plot. As eighth and ninth branches I was thinking:
- The Gladiators (underground fighting rings that draw in humans seeking to take revenge on demons and pit them against actual demons in bloody battles. The humans are naive, thinking they can kill demons with just swords and driven solely by blind hatred, or they’re adrenaline junkies, or poor men looking to win prize money. Either way, they’re killed in front a crowd and devoured backstage. This hypothetical branch is the biggest threat to the Demon Slayer Corps’ membership, since instead of going through grueling years of training and becoming actual demon slayers, young people are caught up in this fantasy and think they can take shortcuts, start killing demons right away. That’s how they’re lured to their deaths.)
- The Servers (they own restaurants popular with humans and serve ordinary food, but they have a secret demon menu after dark where they serve cooked humans as gourmet dishes.)
Those two branches are just concepts, though. For the purposes of the RP we might not even need an eighth, ninth branch.

Last edited: